Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2553255 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #18520 on: September 5, 2018, 12:09:10 pm »
On laptop/desktop no problem. I have U block installed.
I faced this problem multiple times, when I was driving to work and connected my phone on the bluetooth audio.

Mobile phones can be a problem, but depending on what type of mobile you have you can install adblock programs.
#Sausages

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #18521 on: September 5, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »
OK another public bathroom rant from me! ;D

Today I needed to use a stall, so I walked into one and there in the bottom of the toilet bowl are 5 or 6 plastic-coated clothing tags. Someone had bought new clothes just prior to my arrival, cut off the tags and tossed them in the toilet bowl instead of the trash can. A few of them were long in shape, the others were rather large square ones. All jammed together and unable to flush. And because of the plastic on them, it was going to take approx 37 years for them to get soft enough to flush. F'ing moron.  :wanker  So I just walked out & went elsewhere. Some poor worker was going to have to reach in there and grab them. 
i have had that in work, people used to put paper towels down the bowl and it block it. there were loads of signs up asking not to do this

all you had to do when you got the paper towel from the dispenser was drop it in the bin placed underneath the dispenser yet these eejits would go to the trouble of going back in to the box toilet and throwing it in the bowl.

nearly every day the bowl was full up of paper, one day there was even an empty packet of uncle bens microwave rice on top. (i'm sure someone will come up with a brilliant response to this and fire away ) but why on earth would someone throw that down a toilet?

imagine microwaving that and walking past several bins to go into the mens and throw it down the jacks?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18522 on: September 5, 2018, 05:10:07 pm »
i have had that in work, people used to put paper towels down the bowl and it block it. there were loads of signs up asking not to do this

all you had to do when you got the paper towel from the dispenser was drop it in the bin placed underneath the dispenser yet these eejits would go to the trouble of going back in to the box toilet and throwing it in the bowl.

nearly every day the bowl was full up of paper, one day there was even an empty packet of uncle bens microwave rice on top. (i'm sure someone will come up with a brilliant response to this and fire away ) but why on earth would someone throw that down a toilet?

imagine microwaving that and walking past several bins to go into the mens and throw it down the jacks?

I was always wondering about that, but then I was told people would fill the bowl with paper prior to doing their business to avoid the splash and the sound of them taking a dump. And then add more paper, and leave the toilet blocked. ::)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18523 on: September 5, 2018, 10:40:23 pm »
When a man is talking to a woman and calls them bruv, dude or bro.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #18524 on: September 5, 2018, 10:52:12 pm »
When a man is talking to a woman and calls them bruv, dude or bro.

Or mate.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18525 on: September 6, 2018, 09:37:24 am »
Or mate.

Isn't mate gender-neutral? I know plenty of people who use that for both men and women.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18526 on: September 6, 2018, 09:48:35 am »
Crumpet packets. Seriously why are they made so they are so difficult to get into?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18527 on: September 6, 2018, 09:57:52 am »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #18528 on: September 6, 2018, 09:59:23 am »
Crumpet packets. Seriously why are they made so they are so difficult to get into?

Add to that the little packets of three that Jacobs Crackers come in these days.

Now I appreciate the improvement over the old days when having opened the cracker box, the ones you didn't use would inevitably go stale after a few days and at least these little packets of three they seem to come in now prevents that, but, it seems impossible to open them now without breaking at least one cracker in the process.

The only way I've found to get them out without breakage is to turn the packet of three on their edge and use a sharp knife to then slit the cellophane wrapper open in order to retrieve the contents intact.

I say cellophane, though I suspect it's related to the sort of stuff also used in bulletproof vests or even Chobham type armour for tanks.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #18529 on: September 6, 2018, 11:00:09 am »
I was always wondering about that, but then I was told people would fill the bowl with paper prior to doing their business to avoid the splash and the sound of them taking a dump. And then add more paper, and leave the toilet blocked. ::)
can see the logic there but not stuffing thick paper hand towels down the bog and blocking it

what i left out was perhaps worst of all, there was a disabled toilet there too, we had a bloke on the floor who was in a wheelchair and he couldnt use it much given it was blocked nearly every day. If a child carried on like that youd be disgusted
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18530 on: September 6, 2018, 11:00:10 am »
Isn't mate gender-neutral? I know plenty of people who use that for both men and women.

Is it?

You learn something new every day. Mind you depends on the context - friend or sexual partner, as in the mating habits of the greater crested newt.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18531 on: September 6, 2018, 11:03:20 am »
My gf uses mate all the time for her friends of both genders, think it's her Manc roots. It gets on my nerves when she calls me it though.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #18532 on: September 6, 2018, 11:04:33 am »
Perhaps I missed them or possibly blanked them out, but I don't remember any Playboy Playmates ever being male...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #18533 on: September 6, 2018, 11:38:03 am »
Ads nowadays using beloved pop culture icons to sell shite.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aiwgmYZg0TE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aiwgmYZg0TE</a>

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #18534 on: September 6, 2018, 11:49:13 am »
Ticket touts.

Hope they all die soon
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18535 on: September 6, 2018, 12:10:26 pm »
Ticket touts.

Hope they all die soon

I thought they were all loveable rogues, the spiritual grandsons of wartime spivs?

Mind you they were piss taking twats as well.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #18536 on: September 6, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »
When someone simply offers reasonable customer service but makes the point of telling you that they 'wouldn't normally do this' or similar. Especially when it costs them absolutely nothing in any way. You're just doing your job for fuck sake.

This, I can remember Vodafone doing similar when I told them I was going to 02.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18537 on: September 6, 2018, 06:28:13 pm »
Nonce at work just put a sticker on his car brake lights that says "BOOBS". He's a grown man doing shit like this. I really do despair.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18538 on: September 6, 2018, 06:34:59 pm »
Nonce at work just put a sticker on his car brake lights that says "BOOBS". He's a grown man doing shit like this. I really do despair.

Has he done it or someone else for a "laugh"?

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18539 on: September 6, 2018, 06:44:30 pm »
Has he done it or someone else for a "laugh"?
Done it himself, on his brand new car. Probably thinks it's "top bantz"

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18540 on: September 6, 2018, 07:20:18 pm »

What a tit.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #18541 on: September 7, 2018, 07:58:01 am »
The woman in work using the word "gay" as an insult, she's in her late 30s and has a kid. I know if I call her out I'll be put on her gossip/hate list and it's a small office so the office politics are extreme, she's been here forever so has more influence than me and can drive me out, just got to bide my time
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 08:20:40 am by SlowRap »
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18542 on: September 7, 2018, 08:43:34 am »
The woman in work using the word "gay" as an insult, she's in her late 30s and has a kid. I know if I call her out I'll be put on her gossip/hate list and it's a small office so the office politics are extreme, she's been here forever so has more influence than me and can drive me out, just got to bide my time
I'd sooner get sacked than keep my mouth shut.

Fucking speak up man.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18543 on: September 7, 2018, 06:41:21 pm »

You can’t get sacked for calling out homophobia. But she could get sacked for being homophobic.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #18544 on: September 8, 2018, 08:12:05 am »
Traffic lights, the 10A bus i was on yesterday took 3 full cycles to pass the lights at Old Swan heading to the City Centre, & this was around 11.30am, worse now that traffic is back to normal after the summer holidays.
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18545 on: September 8, 2018, 08:59:02 am »
Traffic lights, the 10A bus i was on yesterday took 3 full cycles to pass the lights at Old Swan heading to the City Centre, & this was around 11.30am, worse now that traffic is back to normal after the summer holidays.

Getting the 86 from John Lewis through to Lime Street is just as bad, particularly getting past Central Sttiin and Blacklers.

Sounds like a sketch in an episode of Early Doors.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #18546 on: September 8, 2018, 09:08:23 am »
Getting the 86 from John Lewis through to Lime Street is just as bad, particularly getting past Central Sttiin and Blacklers.

Sounds like a sketch in an episode of Early Doors.

Agree with that, feels like every major set of lights are a pain to get through, it took at least 10 minutes getting from Queens Drive to Green Lane, can take longer than that as well, was great last week when the bus sailed through Old Swan with traffic being not as busy.

#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18547 on: September 8, 2018, 09:53:17 am »
Horror movies that rely completely on jump-scares to frighten you. So cheap and unnecessary. One of my favourite horror movies is Blair Witch Project; a movie that has 0 jump-scare scenes and it actually creepy to watch.

Also hate all these Marvel and DC movies that seem to be the norm nowadays. Not a fan of these shit effects and computer-generated characters. Give me a proper movie like Shawshank Redemption any day.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18548 on: September 8, 2018, 10:02:15 am »
People who board a bus or train before others get off,especially when its chokka.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18549 on: September 8, 2018, 11:19:51 am »
Just noticed that the thick c*nt working behind the counter in Eason yesterday charged me for a bag. Told him 3 times I didn't want one and it was only when I put my hand on the things I was buying did he take notice of it. Took the stuff out that he'd already put in and put the bag away but didn't take the 5p off. Wanker.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18550 on: September 8, 2018, 12:14:45 pm »
Going to an outdoor Porsche festival to drool at the cars today, and knowing I can't afford 95% of them. :P
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18551 on: September 9, 2018, 03:23:13 am »
Taking flu tablets at 9pm, forgetting about the caffeine content, which means I now can't get any sleep. Glad there's UFC and boxing on tonight otherwise I'd be fucked

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18552 on: September 9, 2018, 10:27:50 am »
That new fone ballache again  ::)

Woke up this morning...all my contacts had disappeared.

All because i signed out of the google account on youtube to sign in with my email account i have had for years.
Took me far too long to re sign in, sync and sort out and keep my youtube account.
..gone are the simple days of save to sim.  :-[
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18553 on: September 9, 2018, 02:33:01 pm »
Taking flu tablets at 9pm, forgetting about the caffeine content, which means I now can't get any sleep. Glad there's UFC and boxing on tonight otherwise I'd be fucked

I took some non drowsy flu tablets a few years ago and had a really bad reaction. Felt like I was tripping and reminded me why I gave up acid as a bad job.

Lasted about an hour but luckily I was going to a party so a touch of insomnia wasn't too much of a problem.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18554 on: September 10, 2018, 03:36:00 am »
When someone corrals you into helping out on a very nice charity event...and then gives you a difficult task that involves about 6 solid hours of preparatory paperwork, which you do (ok fine, no problem)...but then she forgets to tell you that she needs another several hours of work done on it, on a SUNDAY because she needs it Sunday night. And she texts you this at 10am on SUNDAY!!! :butt :no
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:37:31 am by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18555 on: September 10, 2018, 09:05:44 am »
At 10 am on a Sunday I thought you would be in Church praising the Lord   :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18556 on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:04 am »

.....And pass the rifles!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #18557 on: September 10, 2018, 03:12:15 pm »
1) Favouritism and internal politics in kids' sports clubs.

2) Seeing your own kid in tears because they've been shit-on by the coaches

3) Knowing that there's cock-all you can do to change this, especially as your kid's mates are all at the club and she doesn't want to leave or go to another club

(and this is in cheerleading, FFS!!!)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18558 on: September 10, 2018, 04:29:14 pm »
"Dear Jesus, please reach down with thy ever-powerful hand and give Black & White Paul a good slap. Amen." :P
― Christine Szymanski

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18559 on: September 10, 2018, 05:10:17 pm »
Having to say an hour late at work.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.