Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4549964 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #49680 on: December 5, 2018, 07:37:02 pm »
Very powerful.  And yes the cynic in me says it's tailor made as a very subtle attack on 45; the guy is so dumb it would have sailed clean over his head - assuming he was even listening. 

Did you notice how Trump was perched in the pew?  All the other presidents were leaning back comfortably (as comfortable as you can be on such a sombre occasion), but Trump seemed very tense to me.

There was some very subtle trolling of Trump going on. So subtle he probably didn't realise.

Both of the Trump's looked like they wanted to be somewhere else, anywhere else. Felt sorry for Obama who had to sit next to the pair of ignoramuses (or should it be ingnoramii?)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49681 on: December 5, 2018, 08:02:27 pm »
The most religiously religious follow of religion EVER..

Couldn't even be arsed to recite the Apostles Creed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49682 on: December 5, 2018, 08:07:19 pm »
There was some very subtle trolling of Trump going on. So subtle he probably didn't realise.

Both of the Trump's looked like they wanted to be somewhere else, anywhere else. Felt sorry for Obama who had to sit next to the pair of ignoramuses (or should it be ingnoramii?)

I think Melania usually wants to be wherever Donald isn't tbf. ;D

As for Obama, well I guess somebody had to sit between Trump and the Clintons, and it wouldn't be fair to ask Jimmy Carter.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #49683 on: December 5, 2018, 09:50:56 pm »
I think Melania usually wants to be wherever Donald isn't tbf. ;D

As for Obama, well I guess somebody had to sit between Trump and the Clintons, and it wouldn't be fair to ask Jimmy Carter.

Isn't it some sort of protocol re: the order of seating. Hence why George W. Bush brought Michelle Obama (who he usually sits next to at these events) candy.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49684 on: December 5, 2018, 09:58:04 pm »

He probably can't read.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49685 on: December 5, 2018, 10:03:04 pm »
Isn't it some sort of protocol re: the order of seating. Hence why George W. Bush brought Michelle Obama (who he usually sits next to at these events) candy.

I dunno. Technically they sat in order, apart from GWB. I'm guessing because he was family as well as a former president.

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49686 on: December 5, 2018, 10:37:53 pm »
To be fair, his prayer book didn't have pictures in it, so he was a little lost.

"Apossuls -- um, apposils? Nope, ok how about oposols?? No. Damn. I can't find it. Oh well, I tried..." Closes book.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49687 on: December 5, 2018, 10:41:28 pm »
You've got to be a pretty big a-hole for the nicest man in the world Jimmy Carter to look like he wants to spit on you.

@AaronBlake

The Trumps are seated next to:
1) The president Trump said was illegitimate (Obama)
2) The president he said assaulted women (Clinton)
3) The first lady/SoS he said should be in jail (Hillary)
4) The president he said was the second-worst, behind Obama (Carter)
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 03:48:32 am by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49688 on: December 5, 2018, 10:57:28 pm »
This pic has so many good things happening. :lmao

Quayle: "This guy's even dumber than I am."

Trump: "Fuck you"

Obama: "You can't even spell 'fuck you'.

Michelle: "Let me help. F-U-C-K Y-O-U."

Cheney: "Imagine all the crazy shit I could get away with as VP with this blubbering idiot."

Clinton: "Melania suuuure has some nice boobies on her. Yes sir. I'm gonna take another lil' peek --"

Hillary: "Two quick shots with this pistol in my purse and Dumbass & his whore can hop in the casket."

― Christine Szymanski

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49689 on: December 5, 2018, 11:03:54 pm »
He probably can't read.

If I sat with a face like I had just sniffed a turn & my arms folded during a funeral my Mrs would give me a black eye.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49690 on: December 6, 2018, 12:53:53 am »

That's generally how I look when in church. In fairness, I'm an atheist.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49691 on: December 6, 2018, 03:02:05 am »
Every day there is more and more and more and more filth uncovered about Trump. It's incredible! HTF did he expect to get away with all of this?? :o

Saudi-funded lobbyist paid for 500 rooms at Trump’s hotel after 2016 election

Lobbyists representing the Saudi government reserved blocks of rooms at President Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel within a month of Trump’s election in 2016 — paying for an estimated 500 nights at the luxury hotel in just three months, according to organizers of the trips and documents obtained by The Washington Post.

At the time, these lobbyists were reserving large numbers of D.C.-area hotel rooms as part of an unorthodox campaign that offered U.S. military veterans a free trip to Washington — then sent them to Capitol Hill to lobby against a law the Saudis opposed, according to veterans and organizers.

At first, lobbyists for the Saudis put the veterans up in Northern Virginia. Then, in December 2016, they switched most of their business to the Trump International Hotel in downtown Washington. In all, the lobbyists spent more than $270,000 to house six groups of visiting veterans at the Trump hotel, which Trump still owns.

(more)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/saudi-funded-lobbyist-paid-for-500-rooms-at-trumps-hotel-after-2016-election/2018/12/05/29603a64-f417-11e8-bc79-68604ed88993_story.html?utm_term=.fef61d5606c1

― Christine Szymanski

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #49692 on: December 6, 2018, 03:14:31 am »
I'm wondering what GOP senators are thinking right now as they think of their 2020 reelection chances...

Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict)
2018-12-05, 10:40 PM
Dems' national lead in House votes just surpassed 9.7 million (now 8.6%). Largest midterm raw vote margin ever; largest % margin since 1986. docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 03:39:13 am by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #49693 on: December 6, 2018, 03:14:46 am »
I have always thought thats why he has the attitude about Climate change because he won't be around so he doesn't care about it.

Sam Stein
‏Verified account @samstein

NEW: Trump has told aides he doesn’t care about the national debt in part because when it becomes truly untenable he will be out of office.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49694 on: December 6, 2018, 08:34:09 am »
I doubt he is shorting his own stock. That would break just about every fiscal rule there is. As for members of his family and wider circle.....

My thoughts were more that it was friends and associates who would look after him post-presidency/nuclear holocaust.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #49695 on: December 6, 2018, 09:20:19 am »
My thoughts were more that it was friends and associates who would look after him post-presidency/nuclear holocaust.

That’s not how the Uber rich work, the winner takes all.
They will piss themselves if Trump goes down, because thier tax cuts were all he was there for
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49696 on: December 6, 2018, 09:45:24 am »
They wont give a shit if Trump goes down.  Trump thinks they are his peers.  They think he's a clown.  Or as the Russians say in intelligence-speak, "a useful idiot".

There'll be another GOP president along in due course to give them more tax cuts. 

Lawrence O'Donnell made some good points last night.  Trump experienced humiliation in that church as one speaker after another rammed home how George HW Bush - for all his faults - was everything Trump is not, and can never be.  And he couldn't say a damned thing, not one word of protest.  He had to sit there, and take it.  Like at the White House Correspondents' dinner.  Only this time it was all directed at him.  He would have been raging inside with his weak ego.

If the speakers were hoping to appeal to Trump's better nature and were covertly trying to urge him to change course, they're going to be sadly disappointed.  Trump sees them merely as enemies, as obstacles.  And really, he's too dug in with all his nefarious dealings for it to be in his best interests to change. 

The only real message they could offer him was, "if you want to be remembered at a funeral like this with a shred of dignity, to have just a couple of people who aren't related to you stand up and say a few kind words, you need to change, now."  I doubt appealing to Trump's sense of mortality will have much effect though.

In Trump's defence though, I don't read from a mass sheet either; but that's because I know the Apostle's Creed off by heart ;)

As O'Donnell speculated, if only Trump hadn't appointed Michael Flynn, as Obama urged, would all of this have come out to the extent it has?  Some commentators seem to think if it hadn't have been Flynn it would have been somebody else.

I expect Manafort to have the book thrown at him, to contrast as sharply as possible with Flynn's leniency.  Just as Trump urges his people not to co-operate, Mueller is showing them what they have to gain through co-operation.  And what not co-operating could cost them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49697 on: December 6, 2018, 11:23:39 am »
Huawei finance chief Meng Wanzhou arrested in Canada

The daughter of the founder of Chinese telecoms giant Huawei has been arrested in Canada and faces extradition to the United States.

Meng Wanzhou, Huawei's chief financial officer and deputy chair, was arrested in Vancouver on 1 December.

Details of the arrest have not been released but the US has been investigating Huawei over possible violation of sanctions against Iran.

China's embassy in Canada protested at the arrest and demanded her release.

Huawei said it had little information about the charges and was "not aware of any wrongdoing by Ms Meng".

It also coincides with moves to restrict the use of Huawei technology in Western countries. The US, Australia and New Zealand have blocked the use of the Chinese firm's equipment in infrastructure for new faster 5G mobile networks.

The UK has not blocked firms from using Huawei, although BT, which dominates the UK's telecoms network, said this week it would not use the Chinese firm's equipment in its "core" 5G infrastructure.

What has Canada said about the arrest?

Canada's ministry of justice confirmed the date and place of Ms Meng's arrest and added: "She is sought for extradition by the United States, and a bail hearing has been set for Friday."

It said it could not say more as Ms Meng had sought a ban on the publication of details and this had been ordered by the courts.

A spokesman for the US justice department in the Eastern District of New York - which Huawei said had brought the charges - declined to comment.

What could be behind it?

US media have reported that Huawei is under investigation for potential violations of US sanctions against Iran.

One report in the New York Times said the US commerce and treasury departments had subpoenaed the firm over suspected violation of sanctions against both Iran and North Korea.

US lawmakers have repeatedly accused the company of being a threat to US national security, arguing that its technology could be used for spying by the Chinese government.

Reacting to the arrest, US Senator Ben Sasse told Associated Press that China was aggressively engaged in undermining US national security interests, often "using private sector entities".

"Americans are grateful that our Canadian partners have arrested the chief financial officer," he added.

How have China and Huawei responded?

Huawei said Ms Meng, the daughter of founder Ren Zhengfei, was detained while transferring between flights.

In a statement, it said it had complied with "all applicable laws and regulations where it operates, including applicable export control and sanction laws and regulations of the UN, US and EU.

"The company believes the Canadian and US legal systems will ultimately reach a just conclusion."

A statement from the Chinese embassy in Canada was far angrier.

It said that Canada, at the request of the US, had arrested a Chinese citizen "not violating any American or Canadian law".

"The Chinese side has lodged stern representations with the US and Canadian side, and urged them to immediately correct the wrongdoing and restore the personal freedom of Ms Meng Wanzhou.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46462858

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49698 on: December 6, 2018, 11:30:12 am »
Huawei finance chief Meng Wanzhou arrested in Canada

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46462858

Huawei CFO arrest 'violates human rights', China says

How has China responded?

A Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson told reporters: "The detention without giving any reason violates a person's human rights."

"We have made solemn representations to Canada and the US, demanding that both parties immediately clarify the reasons for the detention, and immediately release the detainee to protect the person's legal rights."

The focus of China's protest will likely astonish campaigners who have criticised Beijing's own record on rights issues. Amnesty International says there are "serious threats to human rights" in China and "anyone who speaks out against the authorities faces harassment, arrest and detention".

Meanwhile, Ms Meng's arrest comes at a sensitive time for US-China relations. The nations are engaged in a trade war that has seen both impose duties of billions of dollars on one another's goods.

But concerns the arrest would impact the 90-day tariff truce negotiated between the two nations at the G20 have not yet materialised. China announced in a regular press briefing on Thursday that it would "immediately" implement the measures agreed.

European shares hit a two-year low and indexes across Asia dropped sharply following the arrest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46465768

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #49699 on: December 6, 2018, 11:57:37 am »
The Hill
Schumer gets ready to go on the offensive
Alexander Bolton 
25 mins ago

After spending the past two years trying to protect 10 incumbent Democrats in pro-Trump states, the Senate minority leader is ready to put Republicans on the defensive, knowing the GOP will have a tougher electoral map to defend in 2020.
Republicans will have a bigger Senate majority next year - 53 seats compared to 51 seats now - but will also have more seats that Democrats are looking to pick off in the next election cycle.

Schumer has started flexing his muscles in the lame-duck session of Congress. He's pushing Republicans to add measures such as protecting special counsel Robert Mueller and eliminating a question about citizenship from the U.S. census to a year-end spending package.

He has also dismissed the possibility of reviving an immigration deal he offered to President Trump earlier this year that would fully fund the proposed border wall in exchange for protections for immigrants who came to the country illegally at a young age.

"It's harder to be bold when you're in the minority, and there were a lot of red-state Democrats up for reelection," said Mike Lux, a Democratic strategist who served as a White House adviser during the Clinton administration. "Do I think they were especially bold in the last cycle? No, not especially, but I think there were political reasons for that."

"Now they're freed up to be more bold and be more aggressive," he said.

Senate Democratic leaders see party control of the House as a powerful weapon in advancing their message in 2020.

They predict the House will pass popular legislation like measures that would lower prescription drug prices and shore up protections for people with pre-existing medical conditions, putting pressure on Senate Republicans to act.

One member of Schumer's leadership team called the House Democratic majority "a major asset" and said it would help the party's message get more media attention.

Senate Democrats say they will take a firm stand against controversial nominees such as Thomas Farr, who was picked by Trump to sit on the district court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. His nomination was derailed last week after Schumer led a coordinated effort to oppose him.

The New York Democrat took aim at another nominee, Bernard McNamee, who was appointed to serve on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Schumer took to the Senate floor to call him a radical climate-change denier.

"Mr. McNamee has expressed thoughts that only a real fossil fuel zealot could have," Schumer said. "Not only has Mr. McNamee made numerous false claims about clean energy technologies, he's labeled support for renewable energies [as] organized propaganda and likened its boosters to supporters of tyranny."

The Senate advanced McNamee's nomination on a 50-49 vote, with final confirmation expected on Thursday.

Democratic aides predict Schumer will lead similar opposition to nominees next year, including Trump's eventual pick for attorney general and Andrew Wheeler, who was tapped last month to lead the Environmental Protection Agency.

Democratic strategists believe that they can also go on the offensive with environmental issues in a way that was not possible this year, when they had to defend vulnerable senators in coal-producing states like West Virginia, Montana, Indiana and North Dakota - which all rank among the nation's top 10 producers of coal.

"I think these environmental issues are becoming more top-of-mind, and there is a direct connection between what's happening with our environment and the president and the Republican Party's decision not to accept science with climate change," said Tad Devine, a Democratic strategist who worked on Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) 2016 presidential campaign. "I think that is an emerging issue with young people."

Devine noted that young voters turned out in record numbers for last month's midterm elections and that motivating them ahead of 2020 will be a smart strategy.

Brian Fallon, a former Schumer aide, said Democrats can play offense on other issues that didn't get much notice in competitive Senate races this year: affirmative action, voting rights and the census.

"I think there will be a lot of Republicans running in states that the Democratic presidential nominee should win or run very competitively in," he said.

Fallon, who now serves as executive director of Demand Justice, a group that led opposition to Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, said this year's Supreme Court battle will come back to hurt GOP moderates up for reelection in 2020 who voted to confirm him.

"We're going to be spending resources in states like Colorado, Maine and North Carolina to make sure the vote for Kavanaugh is remembered for the next two years," he said.

Fallon predicted that Supreme Court decisions on issues ranging from affirmative action to the special counsel's investigation could become liabilities for Senate GOP incumbents.

It's a much different dynamic than in 2018, when red-state Democrats such as Sens. Joe Donnelly (Ind.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.) and Jon Tester (Mont.) scrambled to distance themselves from the contentious Supreme Court fight.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has to protect 22 GOP seats in the next election cycle, compared to only nine in 2018, when Democrats had the burden of defending 24 seats.

Democrats think they have a chance of winning GOP-held seats in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, North Carolina and even Georgia, traditionally a Republican state, in 2020.

"The 2018 Senate map was the most favorable map for Republicans in our lifetime, so by comparison any other map is going to be more competitive," said Whit Ayres, a Republican pollster.

But Ayres warned that it's far too early to predict the political environment leading up to Election Day 2020.

"It's exceedingly difficult for me to get any sense of what 2020 will be like until we know two things: what's in the Mueller report and who the Democrats are going to nominate," Ayres said, referring to special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation.

"If they nominate some far-left-wing whack job that is unacceptable to the broad middle of America, then you have a very different dynamic than if they nominate someone who is within shouting distance of the political center," he said.

Schumer sounded a much more conciliatory tone two years ago after Trump won the presidency in a massive upset and Republicans kept control of Congress.

He promised to oppose Trump when necessary but also work with him when possible.

After Democrats captured the House and picked up seven governorships last month, Schumer cast doubt on the possibility of striking a deal with Trump on immigration or anything of significance.

"As we've seen, the president's a very poor negotiator on those issues. He makes agreements and he backs off, so we're sort of dubious of sitting down with the president and making that kind of exchange again when twice he's shaken hands and backed off," the Democratic leader said the day after the Nov. 6 elections, referring to a potential deal on border security and immigration reform.

More recently, Schumer has called on Trump to stay out of the end-of-year spending talks, predicting that congressional leaders can reach a deal as long as the president doesn't get involved.

Senate Democrats say Schumer feels he has a lot more leverage with Trump now that Democrats control the House, which is one of the reasons he has rejected the possibility of reviving the deal he offered the president in January: full funding for the border wall in exchange for reauthorizing immigrant protections under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which Trump rescinded last year.

One Schumer confidant said he offered Trump border wall funding in exchange for reimplementing DACA protections because "the fear was that we would get overrun because they had everything" - the Senate, House and White House.

Schumer isn't reviving the border wall for DACA trade because Democrats "now know we have a backstop in the House," the source said. "Now they can't get anything done unless they come to the middle, and Chuck knows that."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/schumer-gets-ready-to-go-on-the-offensive/ar-BBQzpuO?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49700 on: December 6, 2018, 12:00:24 pm »
CNN
Trump Organization served with subpoenas for business records
By Laura Jarrett, CNN 
11 hrs ago

Subpoenas have been served on the Trump Organization and a dozen linked entities in a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's ongoing business ties while in office.

The office of District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine said Wednesday that it "can confirm that all of the Trump Organization entities have been served." Additionally, subpoenas are being served to the state of Maine, the attorney general's office said.

The lawsuit by DC and Maryland claims Trump is in violation of the Constitution's ban on emoluments, or payments, from foreign or domestic government entities to the President because of his continued interest in the Trump International Hotel.

DC and Maryland have said the Trump International Hotel's operations put other nearby hotels and entertainment properties at a competitive disadvantage, and that the Trump hotel got special tax concessions. The hotel won its lease on federally owned property before Trump's election.

A federal judge set in motion the schedule for DC and Maryland attorneys general to begin collecting evidence in the case. The plaintiffs say they also plan to subpoena 18 entities that compete with the Trump Hotel.

The Justice Department has signaled it may challenge the evidence-gathering process.

The case is proceeding just as the Trump Organization prepares for a flurry of investigations from House Democrats once they take control of Congress in January.

The Trump Organization has not responded to requests for comment on the case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-organization-served-with-subpoenas-for-business-records/ar-BBQxYkP
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49701 on: December 6, 2018, 12:05:21 pm »
Mediaite
Judge Napolitano: I Expect Donald Trump Jr. to Be Indicted
Josh Feldman 
8 hrs ago

Fox News’ Judge Andrew Napolitano thinks things aren’t looking that great for Donald Trump Jr.

Napolitano joined Mediaite founder and ABC News chief legal analyst Dan Abrams on his SiriusXM show today to discuss the big news from the Michael Flynn sentencing memo last night, in which it’s revealed that the former national security adviser has provided “substantial assistance” to the special counsel’s office and in other investigations.

Napolitano said it’s a “huge deal” and noted that Flynn has been cooperating with Mueller’s office for quite a while now. He brought up the possibility of a connection between the Trump investigations and the Deutsche Bank raid, before saying “the President himself should be extremely uncomfortable about this.”

Abrams asked if he expects anyone in the President’s inner circle is going to get indicted.

“Yes,” Napolitano said. “I don’t know who, but I do know that Donald Jr. has told friends he expects to be indicted.”

“Do you expect he’d be indicted?” Abrams asked.

“Yes,” Napolitano answered.

He’s less sure about Jared Kushner, but he thinks Jerome Corsi is probably going to be indicted too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-napolitano-i-expect-donald-trump-jr-to-be-indicted/ar-BBQxyDR?ocid=spartanntp

Between all this good news and watching our 2nd team destroy the Dyche Agricultural Combine, I've got a stiffy.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49702 on: December 6, 2018, 12:09:27 pm »
Associated Press
Prosecutors ramp up foreign lobbying probe in New York
12 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — Spinning off from the special counsel's Russia probe, prosecutors are ramping up their investigation into foreign lobbying by two major Washington firms that did work for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, according to people familiar with the matter.

The investigation had been quiet for months since special counsel Robert Mueller referred it to authorities in Manhattan because it fell outside his mandate of determining whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia.

But in a flurry of new activity, Justice Department prosecutors in the last several weeks have begun interviewing witnesses and contacting lawyers to schedule additional questioning related to the Podesta Group and Mercury Public Affairs, the people familiar with the inquiry said. They spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the ongoing work.

The New York work underscores the broad effects of Mueller's investigation, extending well beyond the central question of President Donald Trump and collusion. Mueller has made clear he will not turn away if he discovers alleged crimes outside the scope of his inquiry; instead, he refers them out in investigations that may linger on even after the special counsel's work concludes. Other Justice Department referrals from Mueller have ended in guilty pleas, including the hush money payment case of Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen.

The investigation reflects how Mueller, in latching onto an obscure law, has shined a light on high-dollar lobbying practices that have helped foreign governments find powerful allies and advocates in Washington. It's a practice that has spanned both parties and enriched countless former government officials, who have leveraged their connections to influence American politics.

In New York, Mueller's referral prompted a fresh look at the lobbying firms of Washington insiders Tony Podesta and Vin Weber, who have faced scrutiny for their decisions not to register as foreign agents for Ukrainian lobbying work directed by Manafort.

Podesta is a longtime Democratic operative whose brother, John Podesta, ran Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign; Weber is a former Republican congressman from Minnesota. Neither man has been charged with any crimes. Their firms have defended the decisions by saying they relied on the advice of outside attorneys.

Mueller's referral also involved Greg Craig, a former White House counsel for President Barack Obama. Craig supervised a report authored on behalf of the Ukrainian government, and Mueller's team has said Manafort helped Ukraine hide that it paid more than $4 million for the work. CNN reported in September that prosecutors were weighing charges against Craig.

It's unclear if the renewed interest will produce charges or if prosecutors are merely following up on Mueller's referral.

Lawyers for Weber and Craig and a spokeswoman for Podesta declined to comment. The U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan didn't return an email seeking comment.

Mercury spokesman Michael McKeon said the firm has "always welcomed any inquiry since we acted appropriately at every step of the process, including hiring a top lawyer in Washington and following his advice. We'll continue to cooperate as we have previously."

Foreign lobbying work was central to Mueller's case against Manafort and his longtime associate Rick Gates, two high-profile Trump campaign officials who pleaded guilty earlier this year and have been interviewed extensively by prosecutors.

The Podestas have been frequent targets of Trump and his associates, who have repeatedly demanded to know why Tony Podesta has not been arrested and charged. Trump confidant Roger Stone, for instance, has insisted a 2016 tweet of his that appeared to presage the release by WikiLeaks of John Podesta's emails — "Trust me, it will soon the Podesta's time in the barrel" — was instead a reference to the brothers' foreign connections getting them into the hot seat.

In September, Manafort admitted to directing Mercury and the Podesta Group to lobby in the U.S. on behalf of a Ukrainian political party and Ukraine's government, then led by President Viktor Yanukovych, Manafort's longtime political patron.

While doing the lobbying, neither the Podesta Group nor Mercury registered as foreign agents under a U.S. law known as the Foreign Agents Registration Act, or FARA, which requires lobbyists to declare publicly if they represent foreign leaders, governments or their political parties.

The Justice Department has rarely prosecuted such cases, which carry up to five years in prison, but has taken a more aggressive tack lately.

To secretly fund the lobbying and to avoid registration with the Justice Department, Manafort said he along with unidentified "others" arranged for the firms to be hired by a Brussels-based nonprofit, the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, rather than the Ukrainian political interests directly.

Mercury and Podesta, which were paid a combined $2 million on the project, then registered under a less stringent lobbying law that doesn't require as much public disclosure as FARA.

Both firms have said they registered under the Lobbying Disclosure Act, rather than FARA, on the advice of lawyers at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, Craig's former firm.

Gates admitted in his plea deal that he lied to Mercury's attorneys about the project, a fact the lobbying firm has publicly highlighted. The Podesta Group has said it was misled by the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, citing a written certification from the nonprofit stating it wasn't directed or controlled by the Ukrainian Party of Regions, one of Manafort's clients.

Both firms have since registered under FARA. But in court papers filed alongside Manafort's plea agreement, Mueller's prosecutors suggested the firms were aware they were working on Ukraine's behalf.

Prosecutors say employees of both companies "referred to the client in ways that made clear they knew it was Ukraine." One Mercury employee said the nonprofit was the client "in name only," likening the situation to "Alice in Wonderland." A Podesta employee referred to the nonprofit's certification that it wasn't related to the Ukrainian political party as a "fig leaf on a fig leaf."

Mueller's team also noted that "the head of" the Podesta Group, an apparent reference to Tony Podesta, told his team to think the president of Ukraine is the client.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/prosecutors-ramp-up-foreign-lobbying-probe-in-new-york/ar-BBQxMqA?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49703 on: December 6, 2018, 01:36:55 pm »
Washington Examiner
Some experts believe Trump can be impeached for conduct performed before becoming president
Melissa Quinn 
13 mins ago

Michael Cohen’s recent plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller revealing more about President Trump's involvement in a possible real estate project in Moscow has sparked whispers of impeachment from Trump's critics once again, and some legal experts say a president can be ousted, at least under certain circumstances, for conduct performed before taking the oath of office.

“My view, which represents the decisive majority opinion, is that President Trump can be impeached for conduct before he took office if there is an exceptionally close connection between that conduct and his acquisition of the office,” Joshua Matz, an author of To End a Presidency: The Power of Impeachment, told the Washington Examiner.

Generally, he continued, “presidents cannot be impeached for conduct before they take office unless that conduct related to the corrupt acquisition of the office.” But other experts say the exception is even broader.

Federal prosecutors revealed last week that Cohen had cut a deal with Mueller’s team, and appearing in federal court, Trump’s longtime lawyer pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about plans for a Trump-branded tower in Moscow.

Cohen initially told congressional investigators consideration of the Moscow project ended in January 2016. But according to court records, discussions about the potential deal continued as late as June 2016, after Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination.

Documents also revealed Cohen discussed with Trump during the campaign a trip to Russia and spoke to a top member of the Trump campaign about potential travel.

Cohen’s revelations about the discussions over a Trump-branded tower in Moscow stand in contrast to the president’s statements denying business ties to Moscow. In January 2017, Trump told reporters he had “no dealings with Russia.”

In addressing whether a president can be impeached for conduct prior to assuming office, legal experts point to the 2010 impeachment of former U.S. District Judge G. Thomas Porteous. Porteous was convicted of four articles of impeachment, which included conduct while he was a state-court judge.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, cited Porteous’ case when discussing whether sitting officials can be ousted for offenses committed before acquiring higher office.

“We now by constitutional terms — in a country that rarely has impeachment trials — have a precedent that you can be impeached and removed from office both for prior crimes and for lying under oath,” Schiff said during an event in October.

Gene Healy, a vice president at the Cato Institute who focuses on executive power and the role of the presidency, said Porteous’ case provides a model for answering the question of impeachment for pre-presidential misconduct.

“When you understand that the impeachment process fundamentally goes to fitness for office, you can’t draw a bright line that says anything that happened before this certain date when the president assumed office, you get a clean slate and the clock starts after an election or confirmation,” Healy told the Washington Examiner. “That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.”

Because impeachment deals with whether one is fit for office, “it stands to reason that conduct that occurred before somebody assumes their post, when it’s exposed, is relevant to that kind of inquiry,” he added.

“We need to go one level below or unpack by one level what it means to have a business deal with a foreign power,” Jeffrey Engel, co-author of the book Impeachment: An American History, told the Washington Examiner. “Obviously that means that the foreign power has some financial interest or financial sway and you could be influenced by money. And we certainly know the president is influenced by money.”

“Secondly, it also gives them classic opportunities to blackmail the president because Trump said numerous times on the campaign trail, ‘I have no foreign dealings with Russia,’” he continued. “If that’s not true, then the Russians at any time could choose to disclose that information and provide proof.”

Healy and other legal experts also point to the Constitutional Convention in 1787, when George Mason argued a president who has obtained the office through corrupt means should not be allowed to escape punishment.

The circumstances of Porteous’ impeachment reflected the concerns the founders had regarding obtaining an office through fraudulent means, as one of the articles of impeachment said he lied to the Senate and FBI to obtain his seat on the federal bench, according to a September report from Healy.

Michael Gerhardt, a professor at the University of North Carolina School of Law, said that in following Porteous’ case, a president can be removed for actions before assuming office if that conduct “were similar to a kind of fraud or if it could be viewed as defrauding the American people to secure the office.”

“It wouldn’t just be the misconduct, but the fact that the people weren’t given the chance to take that into consideration when voting on the president,” he told the Washington Examiner.

“What the Founders really cared about was trust and integrity,” Engel said.

But despite the criticism over the president’s pursuit of a real estate project in Moscow, Matz said that conduct is not sufficient to support articles of impeachment, and neither is lying about his business dealings there.

Further investigation from the special counsel’s office and Congress is needed, he said.

"There are credible allegations of serious wrongdoing and abusive power that merit further investigation, but at this point, a sufficient factual record does not yet exist to justify the filing of articles of impeachment against the president,” Matz said.

Last week, the president dismissed the allegations from Cohen, claiming his former lawyer was lying to secure a lesser sentence and arguing that running for president didn’t preclude him from pursuing business deals.

The new Democratic House chairs are likely to face pressure from their base to move toward efforts to remove the president from office. Still, House Democratic leaders claim they have left pursuing impeachment of Trump off their to-do list for the next Congress, when they take control of the lower chamber.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/some-experts-believe-trump-can-be-impeached-for-conduct-performed-before-becoming-president/ar-BBQzDys?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49704 on: December 6, 2018, 02:53:59 pm »
The Daily Beast
Trump On Coming Debt Crisis: I Won’t Be Here When It Blows Up
By asawin.suebsaeng@thedailybeast.com (Asawin Suebsaeng) Lachlan.Markay@thedailybeast.com (Lachlan Markay) 
18 hrs ago

Since the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s aides and advisers have tried to convince him of the importance of tackling the national debt.

Sources close to the president say he has repeatedly shrugged it off, implying that he doesn’t have to worry about the money owed to America’s creditors—currently about $21 trillion—because he won’t be around to shoulder the blame when it becomes even more untenable.

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.

The episode illustrates the extent of the president’s ambivalence towards tackling an issue that has previously animated the Republican Party from the days of Ronald Reagan to the presidency of Barack Obama.

But for those who have worked with Trump, it was par for the course. Several people close to the president, both within and outside his administration, confirmed that the national debt has never bothered him in a truly meaningful way, despite his public lip service. “I never once heard him talk about the debt,” one former senior White House official attested.

Marc Short, who until recently worked for Trump as his legislative affairs director, said he believed the president recognized "the threat that debt poses" and he pointed to Trump's concern "about rising interest rates" as evidence of his concern over the matter.

"But there’s no doubt this administration and this Congress need to address spending because we have out of control entitlement programs," Short said, adding, “it’s fair to say that...the president would be skeptical of anyone who claims that they would know exactly when a [debt] crisis really comes home to roost.”

Recent reports have suggested that Trump is determined, at least rhetorically, to address the issue. And Hogan Gidley, a spokesman for the president, noted that the president and his team have proposed policies to achieve some deficit reduction, "including in his first budget that actually would’ve balanced in 10 years, a historic, common-sense rescissions proposal."

But Gidley also passed the buck to the legislative branch. "While the President has and will continue to do everything in his power to rein in Washington’s out of control spending," he said, "the Constitution gives Congress the power of the purse and it’s time for them to work with this President to reduce the debt.”

Those close to Trump say that one reason the issue of debt reduction has never been an animating one for him is because he is convinced that it can be solved through means other than tax hikes or sharp spending reductions.

Stephen Moore, a conservative economist at the Heritage Foundation and an economic adviser to Trump’s 2016 campaign, recalled making visual presentations to Trump in mid-2016 that showed him the severity of the debt problem. But Moore told The Daily Beast that he personally assured candidate Trump that it could be dealt with by focusing on economic growth.

“That was why, when he was confronted with these nightmare scenarios on the debt, I think he rejected them, because if you grow the economy… you don’t have a debt problem,” Moore continued. “I know a few times when people would bring up the enormous debt, he would say, ‘We’re gonna grow our way out of it.’”

Moore has since championed this approach to tackling the debt as a key part of “Trumponomics,” and has co-authored a book supporting it.

As Moore recalled, a belief that robust economic growth would solve all problems was the way Trump—starting in 2016—justified the cost of his ambitious proposals to slash taxes, pursue big infrastructure projects, and simply avoid massive cuts to Social Security and Medicare. Since then, the president has continued to show indifference over the national debt, to the consternation of more traditionally conservative associates.

One current senior Trump administration official vented that Trump “doesn’t really care” about actually attacking the debt “crisis,” and prefers simply “jobs and growth, whatever that means.”

For the most part, the Republican Party has gone along. Over the first two years of the Trump administration, congressional Republicans have slashed taxes dramatically while increasing defense and discretionary spending, all without giving much indication that they’re going to take a stab at dramatically gutting certain popular entitlements.

The results have not been what Trump and Moore have promised; at least not yet. Economic growth increased over the past year—including a robust 4.1 percent in the second quarter of 2018—but the federal deficit has ballooned as well, in part because the government has taken in less revenue because of the tax cuts. Current forecasts are not too rosy about the future economy.

Recently, both Trump and some Republican lawmakers have hinted at regret over their approach.  Earlier this year, Trump conveyed his disappointment with signing a large spending bill, particularly after he saw typically-friendly allies on Fox News tear into him for supporting legislation that they viewed as funding Democratic priorities, exacerbating the national debt, and ditching his pledge to build a gigantic border wall, according to a report at the time in Axios.

Sources close to the president tell The Daily Beast that Trump was genuinely taken aback by the severity of this mini-revolt from MAGA loyalists.

However, right-leaning reformers shouldn’t be holding their breath.

The Washington Post recently reported that Trump had instructed his cabinet to devise plans to trim their budgets in an effort to reduce the federal deficit. But Trump also set strict limits on what sorts of programs could be cut—and quickly proceeded to propose increased spending in other areas of the federal government.

“He understands the messaging of it,” the former senior White House official told The Daily Beast. “But he isn’t a doctrinaire conservative who deeply cares about the national debt, especially not on his watch…It’s not actually a top priority for him…He understands the political nature of the debt but it’s clearly not, frankly, something he sees as crucial to his legacy.”

The former Trump official adding, “It’s not like it’s going to haunt him.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-on-coming-debt-crisis-‘i-won’t-be-here’-when-it-blows-up/ar-BBQwWML?ocid=spartanntp

Well quelle fucking surprise!
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49705 on: December 6, 2018, 04:34:03 pm »
It is not just Trump. The tea party, now the repugs base, was never fiscally sane.

Paul Ryan and his congressional majority own the debt. So does McConnell.

The GOP Should go down with the orange ship.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49706 on: December 6, 2018, 07:14:58 pm »
Trade conflicts cost Nebraska more than $1 billion in revenue, Farm Bureau says

A new report from the Nebraska Farm Bureau estimates that President Trump's trade conflicts have cost the state's farmers as much as $1 billion.

“Retaliatory tariffs make our U.S. products more expensive for international customers, meaning they buy less or buy from someplace else,” Nebraska Farm Bureau President Steve Nelson said Monday in a statement, according to the Omaha World-Herald. “This report provides a clear picture of how much we’ve lost due to those tariffs and the need to improve our trade relations.”

The study did not take into account Market Facilitation Payments from the Trump administration. Those payments are aimed to offset farm revenue losses as a result of trade disputes.

Jay Rempe, a Nebraska Farm Bureau senior economist, told the newspaper that corn, soybeans and pork have been negatively impacted by the trade conflicts.

“The total loss in Nebraska farm revenues due to the retaliatory tariffs ranges from $695 million to $1.026 billion so far in 2018,” Rempe said. “That’s roughly 11 to 16 percent of the export values of Nebraska agriculture goods in 2017.”
The analysis also said that when direct farm losses are combined with the state’s labor income losses, the total economic loss to Nebraska ranges between $859 million and $1.2 billion.

“To put a $1.2 billion loss into perspective, every person in the state of Nebraska would need to contribute $632 to cover that volume of lost dollars. That’s a significant hit to our state’s economy,” Rempe said.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/419642-nebraska-farm-bureau-says-trade-conflicts-cost-state-up-to-1

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49707 on: December 6, 2018, 07:16:57 pm »
Trump golf course housekeeper is undocumented immigrant: NYT

A woman who has worked for years as a maid at President Trump’s New Jersey golf club is an undocumented immigrant, The New York Times reported Thursday.

The news outlet profiled Victorina Morales, who reportedly crossed the border illegally in 1999 and was hired at Trump’s Bedminster Golf Club in 2013. She told the news outlet she used “phony” immigration papers to secure employment.

The Times reported that Morales has "made Trump’s bed, cleaned his toilet and dusted his crystal golf trophies" during her time working at Bedminster.

Trump has visited his Bedminster golf club on numerous occasions since taking office. The property has hosted Trump Cabinet officials and the 2017 U.S. Women's Open.

Morales told the newspaper that two Bedminster supervisors were aware of her immigration status and helped her to keep her job. There is no indication that Trump or executives at the Trump Organization, which owns the property, knew of her status.

The Trump Organization did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill, but told The New York Times in a statement that "If an employee submitted false documentation in an attempt to circumvent the law, they will be terminated immediately.”

The statement did not directly comment on Morales’s case.

Morales told The Times that she's been bothered by Trump's rhetoric and that she's been subject to verbal abuse by a supervisor, as well.

“We are tired of the abuse, the insults, the way he talks about us when he knows that we are here helping him make money,” she said. “We sweat it out to attend to his every need and have to put up with his humiliation.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/420092-trump-hotel-housekeeper-is-undocumented-immigrant-nyt

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49708 on: December 6, 2018, 07:29:49 pm »
Trump golf course housekeeper is undocumented immigrant: NYT

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/420092-trump-hotel-housekeeper-is-undocumented-immigrant-nyt

That same year, she said, Mr. Trump had an outburst over some orange stains on the collar of his white golf shirt, which Ms. Diaz described as stubborn remnants of his makeup, which she had difficulty removing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/trump-bedminster-golf-undocumented-workers.html

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49709 on: December 6, 2018, 08:07:36 pm »
Wait, Trump has golf trophies?  Are these the kind a North Korean dictator gets for shooting 18 holes in one?  In his first try at golf?  When he was three?

Popcorn's Art

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49710 on: December 6, 2018, 11:28:46 pm »
Trump's environmental rollback rolls on

The Trump administration has dealt a double blow to Obama-era environmental policies in an ongoing rollback that has targeted scores of rules.

The Department of the Interior unveiled plans to allow oil drilling on millions of acres that have been off-limits to protect the greater sage grouse.

And the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said it would end rules limiting carbon emissions on new coal plants.

The rollback continues despite the US' own dire warnings about climate change.

Interior department documents said Thursday's order would protect sage grouse "while also ensuring that conservation efforts do not impede local economic opportunities".

The interior department plan is expected to be finalised in 2019.

The greater sage grouse, a chicken-like bird known for its striking plumage and mating dances, has a habitat spanning parts of 10 states from California to the Dakotas.

But less than half a million of the birds remain, making the species near threatened.

Meanwhile, the EPA also pressed ahead on Thursday with a plan to lift restrictions for carbon emissions from new coal plants.

Only two new plants are currently expected to open over the next four years, according to Reuters news agency, but the policy changes could spur more to be built.

The plan would allow new coal plants to emit up to 1,900lb (862kg) of carbon dioxide per megawatt-hour of electricity, replacing the current limit of 1,400lb.

The EPA is also asking for public comment on how to define the phrase "causes or contributes significantly to" air pollution.

Unveiling the policy in Washington, EPA acting administrator Andrew Wheeler said: "We are rescinding unfair burdens, levelling the playing field."

The Sabin Center for Climate Change Law at Columbia Law School is tracking the Trump administration's rollback of environmental regulations.

Its running list currently has more than 100 entries.

The Sabin Center notes repeated attempts by Department of the Interior and other agencies to expand onshore oil and gas drilling, including on public lands.

It also points to repeated proposals to weaken regulations controlling emissions of methane - a highly potent greenhouse gas.

Romany Webb, senior fellow at the Sabin Center, cited three other far-reaching measures taken by this administration so far.

The EPA and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) unveiled a proposal in August this year to weaken greenhouse gas emission and fuel economy standards for light-duty vehicles. The proposal would increase vehicle emissions by approximately 713 million metric tons of carbon dioxide
    Also in August, the EPA proposed to replace and water down the Clean Power Plan, a central plank of the Obama administration's Climate Action Plan, which aimed to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from existing power plants by 30%
    In January this year, the Department of the Interior proposed to make over 90% of the outer continental shelf available for future oil and gas development. Some 94% of the outer continental shelf was previously off limits to drilling

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46471447

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #49711 on: December 6, 2018, 11:32:16 pm »
What's the point anymore, we won't have a planet left soon.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49712 on: December 6, 2018, 11:47:56 pm »

Like his economic policies Trump won’t be around when things turn to shit.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49713 on: December 7, 2018, 12:00:58 am »

Nah, the planet will survive. We won't though.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49714 on: December 7, 2018, 12:08:55 am »
Nah, the planet will survive. We won't though.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7W33HRc1A6c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7W33HRc1A6c</a>

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49715 on: December 7, 2018, 03:08:34 am »
 :D

― Christine Szymanski

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #49716 on: December 7, 2018, 03:13:50 am »
He just tweeted this for some reason. I guess he just heard Santa isn't real.

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

FAKE NEWS - THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!
« Last Edit: December 7, 2018, 03:22:49 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49717 on: December 7, 2018, 03:30:55 am »

Manu Raju (@mkraju)
2018-12-06, 9:38 PM
The same day as news that David Valadao conceded to Democrat TJ Cox in CA-21, giving the Dems a net gain of 40 seats in House. Senate GOP had a 52-48 majority at beginning of Congress with 10 Dems up in states Trump won. After losing Alabama, GOP ended cycle with 53-47 Senate twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…

At 4% unemployment...That is stunning.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #49718 on: December 7, 2018, 04:27:49 am »

Donald J. Trump

And as if on cue, shortly after that tweet someone from the southern part of the US called in a bomb threat to CNN's studios in New York. They've all evacuated.

This is what a cult does on the advice of their leader. It's a fanaticized cult that needs to be quashed.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #49719 on: December 7, 2018, 04:59:40 am »

Donald J. Trump

CNN's New York offices evacuated due to bomb threat

By Nicole Chavez, CNN

Updated 0456 GMT (1256 HKT) December 7, 2018

(CNN)CNN's New York offices and studios have been evacuated because of a phoned-in bomb threat, the company said.
The threat came Thursday night when a caller indicated there were five devices in the building, according to a law enforcement source.
Several fire alarm bells rang inside CNN's New York newsroom, signaling an evacuation shortly after the call was received.

Staffers evacuated the CNN New York offices in the Time Warner Center building and Don Lemon's "CNN Tonight," which had been on a commercial break, was taken off the air and the network temporarily went to taped programming.
"We were told to evacuate the building and to do it as soon as possible. We grabbed what we could and got out of the building and now, we are standing outside of the building," Lemon said

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/06/us/cnn-new-york-bomb-threat-evacuation/index.html
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.