Author Topic: Club World Cup  (Read 112851 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Club World Cup
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2019, 06:41:26 pm »
Prices roaring up out of Manc. Snooze you lose.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2019, 06:47:00 pm »
How much?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2019, 06:56:00 pm »

bollocks they have too

Hopefully they’ll drop a bit

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2019, 08:32:21 pm »
How much?
Early 8 notes at the mo, before that last week.

bollocks they have too

Hopefully they’ll drop a bit

Deffo mate.

Crack on and hold back to 2 days before.  Sorry for raising that up.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2019, 08:14:58 am »
How much?

£830 out of manc now, thats up abar a £100 from when I last checked a few weeks back to gauge prices.

Flying out on the 16th, back on the 22nd.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2019, 09:08:24 am »
£830 out of manc now, thats up abar a £100 from when I last checked a few weeks back to gauge prices.

Flying out on the 16th, back on the 22nd.
Was under £500 only a couple weeks ago

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2019, 09:35:44 am »
What's realistic then.

Fly on the Tuesday into where - Doha? (Frustrating that's yet another night, adding to expense).
Fly back on the Sunday from Doha again?

Are all games in Doha or have I just assumed that?

Might just wait and see on this - feels too much of a gamble at the moment.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2019, 09:51:49 am »
11 of us have booked for the dates mentioned. As TT33 indicates, prices rising.

Hotels look boss and dead reasonable for what you get. Make sure if you do go, you book a big name/international name hotel, as these are the ones that generally have the bars in. You can go to other hotels bars, but you'll need to carry your passport with you to get in.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2019, 10:21:20 am »
What's realistic then.

Are all games in Doha or have I just assumed that?

Might just wait and see on this - feels too much of a gamble at the moment.

Qatar is a very small country..about half the size of Wales for example

There is a national Stadium in Doha....Doha basically is Qatar...so I expect the games to be played at that Stadium...the Khalifa

Alcohol consumption will be confined to hotels....

You won't walk around and see shops and restaurants and bars and coffee chains etc...on streets...

You will need to visit a Shopping Mall for the above...plus your hotel

The weather should be pleasant..around 20 degrees daytime..I visited in early January...so only a week or two difference...the wind can blow in the evenings creating a slight chill..so take a hoodie or light jacket

There really isn't much to do...maybe visit some markets...but book a nice hotel and just chill in the daytime..have a few beers around the pool etc...

You are going really just for the football matches themselves...the atmosphere will be very different to a normal European away game...there will not be congregations of fans all together drinking and singing....

Hope this sets the scene...

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2019, 10:44:42 am »
Nice one thanks. I think it will be a nice time to relax and something different.

Already thinking of 2 days away to break it up (Thur/Fri) - possibly Oman, or possibly Oman (with a day trip to Dubai and back if there is such a thing).

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2019, 11:12:31 am »
Nice one thanks. I think it will be a nice time to relax and something different.

Already thinking of 2 days away to break it up (Thur/Fri) - possibly Oman, or possibly Oman (with a day trip to Dubai and back if there is such a thing).

Good shout with Oman... Muscat is worth a couple of days...go for it

Dubai a bit plastic for my taste...but if your in the area and not been and have enough holiday time then why not...it's another tick on your life travel journey 👍

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2019, 11:34:09 am »
You from one of these countries or just spent time there?

Was considering Kuwait as another option.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2019, 11:39:51 am »
Booked up - Tuesday night from manc via muscat. Same route Sunday back. £550 each

The transit stop in muscat only short so not too bad

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2019, 11:55:43 am »

Qatar doesn’t have any relations with most of its neighbours so making trips to some other Middle Eastern countries will be difficult

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2019, 12:13:06 pm »
Oman/Kuwait are fine mate.
It's Yemen, UAE (so Dubai) and Suadi Arabia that are the ones you can't currently fly to.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2019, 12:15:34 pm »
We're just doing the Saturday games...and hoping. Quite excited, even though I am told I won't like it. I just want us to win it and want to be there so booked flights (via Istanbul) and a hotel which looks nice. Might have a wander around (not on my own) and see if there's anything to see. Should be a break fro the cold weather anyway! :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 01:20:53 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2019, 01:07:57 pm »
You from one of these countries or just spent time there?

Was considering Kuwait as another option.

No I'm from London...live in Essex these days..just been lucky to travel plenty over the years...

Not been to Kuwait mind...be a different way of doing it for sure

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2019, 07:33:45 pm »
Booked the flights for this last week for me and the kids, going for the full duration and hoping to get a few other games in as well.  Luckily I can carry on working while i'm away so stretched it out as much as possible, booked a boss hotel and a flight home on Christmas Day !!
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2019, 08:35:19 pm »
Direct flights from Manc Tuesday night arrive Wednesday morning,back home Sunday afternoon leaving at 3 arrive back in Manc 20-00, £723 this morning  booked 4 of us & 4 star hotel 4 nights £26 a night each

Offline Oh Yes BisCAN

• Kopite
  • Where Kenny played...
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2019, 12:35:31 am »
All FIFA I believe
Anyone here go in 2005? I recall club getting tickets, but back then it was window/telephone/post sales!

Or is everyone expecting to buy through FIFA sale?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:42:02 am by Oh Yes BisCAN »
"Has everybody heard... the bird is the word?" @rabbitrabbiton

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2019, 01:32:28 am »
Club definitely ran charters in 2005 with tickets. Can't remember the precise details now

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2019, 10:20:34 am »
Anyone here go in 2005? I recall club getting tickets, but back then it was window/telephone/post sales!

Or is everyone expecting to buy through FIFA sale?
Went in 2005 had to pick our  tickets up at FIFA office by Yokohama stadium...not sure if club did anything,we flew out via Munich staying for a week in New Otani Hotel in Tokyo
Unforgettable trip.....Qatar booked yesterday... 8) 8)
PS. people saying don't bother with this cup, don't bother with super cup,BEHAVE :no,6/7 years ago remember where we were,we would have given everything to be in these competitions,so enjoy them & WIN them  while we can......
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:28:13 am by rhylred »

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2019, 10:27:53 am »
Lonsdale did a trip in 2005 which was about double what I paid independently. The tickets I deffo got from Liverpool, big paper ones
We will for sure get an official allocation
Qatar I Booked a week before the official announcement Oman Air £530 hadn't gone up by much yesterday Monday to Monday
Hotels not too bad lots of prices but you can get a 4* twin for around £400 with breakfast for 6 nights which isnt bad......its just the ale that's the issue !!!

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2019, 10:30:56 am »
Lonsdale did a trip in 2005 which was about double what I paid independently. The tickets I deffo got from Liverpool, big paper ones
We will for sure get an official allocation
Qatar I Booked a week before the official announcement Oman Air £530 hadn't gone up by much yesterday Monday to Monday
Hotels not too bad lots of prices but you can get a 4* twin for around £400 with breakfast for 6 nights which isnt bad......its just the ale that's the issue !!!
Loads of the Dubai reds are going & say its something like Dubai,bars in the hotels etc,expensive but loads do happy hours & let you buy a few to keep you going so might help...got 4 star hotel, four of us 4 nights £26 a night each...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:32:50 am by rhylred »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2019, 10:37:50 am »
How do we think tickets work then.

For our first game are there multiple games (1 after the other) in the same stadium. Might you go and see 2 games, or just your 'own' side?

How about the final/3rd place - you can't know - do you gamble ahead and choose one (like world cup games) ?

For the final/3rd place game how would the club sell it - unless was collection only - but seems difficult. Or is it a package of both games?

Any idea on the timings for afternoon and night games? What we reckon? (Anything based on past years?).

Full of questions me sorry. Quite excited.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2019, 10:47:31 am »
Direct flights from Manc Tuesday night arrive Wednesday morning,back home Sunday afternoon leaving at 3 arrive back in Manc 20-00, £723 this morning  booked 4 of us & 4 star hotel 4 nights £26 a night each

What's the hotel called?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2019, 11:15:02 am »
Qatar Airways have 1.5% cashback on Quidco at the moment so defo go through there or check your own cashback website for a little extra off.

Offline Oh Yes BisCAN

• Kopite
  • Where Kenny played...
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2019, 11:15:43 am »
Me and the missus were already on our way to Asia for Christmas, so extending our stay in Doha not to miss this.

If it is like last year, it looks as though final ticket will give you access to 3/4 place game (kicked off 3 hours before).

Do we reckon wait and purchase from LFC within the clubs official allocation? Oddly we'll probably go to one of the other fixtures just to see both stadiums they are using.

"Has everybody heard... the bird is the word?" @rabbitrabbiton

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2019, 11:17:40 am »
Me and the missus were already on our way to Asia for Christmas, so extending our stay in Doha not to miss this.

If it is like last year, it looks as though final ticket will give you access to 3/4 place game (kicked off 3 hours before).

Do we reckon wait and purchase from LFC within the clubs official allocation? Oddly we'll probably go to one of the other fixtures just to see both stadiums they are using.

I’m going to buy from FIFA soon as they come on

Club probably leave it so late

Can’t imagine they’ll get many either

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2019, 11:19:11 am »
Apart from they won't be behind the goal you'd think. Can't imagine it easy to move an unwanted ticket on either!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2019, 11:21:03 am »
Apart from they won't be behind the goal you'd think. Can't imagine it easy to move an unwanted ticket on either!

Not many takers you’d imagine no!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2019, 11:47:44 am »
How do we think tickets work then.

For our first game are there multiple games (1 after the other) in the same stadium. Might you go and see 2 games, or just your 'own' side?

How about the final/3rd place - you can't know - do you gamble ahead and choose one (like world cup games) ?

For the final/3rd place game how would the club sell it - unless was collection only - but seems difficult. Or is it a package of both games?

Any idea on the timings for afternoon and night games? What we reckon? (Anything based on past years?).

Full of questions me sorry. Quite excited.
Going on past years, Semis are in different stadiums the final and 3/4 in same. No idea how tickets work but you’d assume a package for the final day would be available

Offline jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2019, 12:15:18 pm »
Went in 2005 had to pick our  tickets up at FIFA office by Yokohama stadium...not sure if club did anything,we flew out via Munich staying for a week in New Otani Hotel in Tokyo
Unforgettable trip.....Qatar booked yesterday... 8) 8)
PS. people saying don't bother with this cup, don't bother with super cup,BEHAVE :no,6/7 years ago remember where we were,we would have given everything to be in these competitions,so enjoy them & WIN them  while we can......

Who's saying don't bother?

Timing of the Super Cup final ain't great let's be honest..bang in the main summer holiday month...

Qatar...I think plenty will go..but will come on the back of 3 Group away days in the CL....might deter a few....

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2019, 12:47:56 pm »
What we saying then. Help me out here. Think I'll be bored out of my head in Doha for 5 days so need a trip.

Wednesday - Doha - Footy.
Thursday - Flight somewhere.
Friday - Flight back to Doha at night.
Saturday -Doha - Footy.
Sunday - Home.

I reckon I can go to:
Kuwait. Kuwait City.
Oman - Muscat.

Due to logistics I think I can rule these out:
Bahrain.
Dubai.

Don't need to see or do loads, just want to tick a few off whilst I've got the chance.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2019, 02:53:30 pm »
Qatar Airways have 1.5% cashback on Quidco at the moment so defo go through there or check your own cashback website for a little extra off.

Saving more overall on skyscanner though, from what I can tell.

I’ve booked Qatar Airways via Heathrow. Direct, one of the worlds best airlines, and they have a flight leaving late Tuesday and getting in breakfast time Wednesday, so it saves a night on the hote without even having too long to wait for check-in if they’re being fussy.

We’ll probably stay in country but for those thinking about it Oman is a lovely place with wonderful people; feels much more authentic than somewhere like Dubai, which is also interesting but is a bit too fast-lane, hectic and commercial for my tastes.

I’m wondering how they’ll do tickets though; I’ll probably be fine through the club as a season ticket holder but a mate of mine has no ticketing connections to the club, so I’m not sure if we should just get two through fifa or get one through me via the club and the other from another season ticket holder and hope that doesn’t cause issues.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2019, 04:03:40 pm »
Has anyone checked out the stadium capacity as the only one that is built says 9000 capacity on Wikipedia. All the rest seem to state under construction

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2019, 04:05:03 pm »
Saving more overall on skyscanner though, from what I can tell.

I’ve booked Qatar Airways via Heathrow. Direct, one of the worlds best airlines, and they have a flight leaving late Tuesday and getting in breakfast time Wednesday, so it saves a night on the hote without even having too long to wait for check-in if they’re being fussy.

We’ll probably stay in country but for those thinking about it Oman is a lovely place with wonderful people; feels much more authentic than somewhere like Dubai, which is also interesting but is a bit too fast-lane, hectic and commercial for my tastes.

I’m wondering how they’ll do tickets though; I’ll probably be fine through the club as a season ticket holder but a mate of mine has no ticketing connections to the club, so I’m not sure if we should just get two through fifa or get one through me via the club and the other from another season ticket holder and hope that doesn’t cause issues.
travel between countries is banned Qatar has broken links with all neighbours

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2019, 04:07:10 pm »
travel between countries is banned Qatar has broken links with all neighbours

Oman and Kuwait you’re fine

The UAE is blocked

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2019, 04:39:19 pm »
Oman or Kuwait - that's my dilemma!

Oman - more to do but could always see this country if I ever visited Dubai in the future.
Kuwait - less to see and do, but would likely never bother again.

Offline John Shafto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Let's talk about six baby
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2019, 01:07:24 pm »
Really game for this trip, a part of the world I'd normally wouldn't visit.

Realistically how easy will it be to get tickets for this? A case of, if you want one you'll get one?