Author Topic: Paris St Germain (A) - 28/11/18  (Read 71409 times)

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Paris St Germain (A) - 28/11/18
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2018, 03:14:06 pm »
Can you please find out when the ticket office even plan on telling us the allocation and criteria? It's not much to ask in all fairness
Neither me nor anyone else gets to preempt official club announcements. If and when the club has an announcement to make they will make it. What I can, will and do do is I can represent your concerns so that the club are aware of your (totally understandable) frustrations. I will also facilitate the formal representation of such frustrations and concerns. This, in essence, is my job. I don’t get to give advance warning on ticketing announcements or anything else.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2018, 03:20:08 pm »
Neither me nor anyone else gets to preempt official club announcements. If and when the club has an announcement to make they will make it. What I can, will and do do is I can represent your concerns so that the club are aware of your (totally understandable) frustrations. I will also facilitate the formal representation of such frustrations and concerns. This, in essence, is my job. I don’t get to give advance warning on ticketing announcements or anything else.

Can you ask them to give me a refund for that shite showing last week please?

Offline Shauniboy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2018, 03:21:53 pm »

I am quite happy to withdraw allegation of freebies.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2018, 03:22:51 pm »
That’s quite a shout on a number of fronts. 1. I don’t actually know the requirements for flags. I do know how to point you in the direction of those who do. 2. I haven’t had “freebies”. I actually do not take tickets for our section as I can’t think of anything more wrong than someone in supporter liaison taking a ticket that a supporter has earned an entitlement to through their own loyalty. I sit in the press box where I have access to power and WiFi. 3. I haven’t arranged freebies for anyone and I’d appreciate it if you withdrew that allegation.

If it's not within your remit to tell us why allocations take so long to be communicated to travelling supporters, so that we can plan

Could you possibly tell us who we should contact - Would make your life a lot easier, and ease some frustration in these threads

All fans want is transparency as to what's going on

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2018, 03:24:38 pm »
It was £19 for a ticket mate. Lower league behaviour asking for a refund, just accept it and move on

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2018, 03:26:28 pm »
It was £19 for a ticket mate. Lower league behaviour asking for a refund, just accept it and move on

Was very much tongue in cheek asking for £20 back when spent over £300 to go.

Fully accepted and moved on many thanks for your concern and input however

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2018, 04:00:49 pm »
That’s quite a shout on a number of fronts. 1. I don’t actually know the requirements for flags. I do know how to point you in the direction of those who do. 2. I haven’t had “freebies”. I actually do not take tickets for our section as I can’t think of anything more wrong than someone in supporter liaison taking a ticket that a supporter has earned an entitlement to through their own loyalty. I sit in the press box where I have access to power and WiFi. 3. I haven’t arranged freebies for anyone and I’d appreciate it if you withdrew that allegation.

Tony - to me, ticketing is the number one supporter issue. How come dealing with ticketing issues is not in your remit as a supporter liaison officer?

Also, UEFA rules are unequivocal on away team minimum entitlements. Can you ask the club why we've been accepting less than our minimum entitlements? As the rules are so plain its something I would expect the club to be fighting our corner on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:05:55 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2018, 04:09:14 pm »
16 days to go and still nothing with regards to a sale date or criteria - Incompetent end of

We're definitely the only club that treats it's away support with this level on contempt and disregard

Yes I get it's fine if you're guaranteed a ticket, but what if you're not sure. I only got Belgrade in the second sale, so how can I book time off work, sort out travel and accommodation when I and lots of others like me haven't the faintest idea whether you qualify or not

Every year the same, every year nothing improves
Totally agree mate. If my memory isn't playing tricks......was it last season (or season before ?) that the club issued a pre-sales notice fairly well in advance of actual sales, indicating some limited ticket information eg. ticket allocation and prices and potential criteria ? I'm sure there was something on those lines - so how come that's stopped this season ?

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2018, 04:12:39 pm »
Tony - to me, ticketing is the number one supporter issue. How come dealing with ticketing issues is not in your remit as a supporter liaison officer?

Also, UEFA rules are unequivocal on away team minimum entitlements. Can you ask the club why we've been accepting less than our minimum entitlements? As the rules are so plain its something I would expect the club to be fighting our corner on.
Because my role is communications, it’s not being in charge of any departments or telling people what they should and shouldn’t do. It’s about representing you and others. I don’t have - and almost certainly wouldn’t want - executive powers.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2018, 04:16:12 pm »
Because my role is communications, it’s not being in charge of any departments or telling people what they should and shouldn’t do. It’s about representing you and others. I don’t have - and almost certainly wouldn’t want - executive powers.

So when you’ve communicated these frustrations to the club, which have been raised to you on twitter numerous times, have you had a response?
Long live the King

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2018, 04:18:33 pm »
So when you’ve communicated these frustrations to the club, which have been raised to you on twitter numerous times, have you had a response?
Yes. Absolutely everything gets a response. The obvious strengths of this role are (a) that it was created in the first place and (b) that the club takes it totally seriously.
The obvious weakness is that it’s widely misunderstood.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2018, 04:20:49 pm »
Yes. Absolutely everything gets a response. The obvious strengths of this role are (a) that it was created in the first place and (b) that the club takes it totally seriously.
The obvious weakness is that it’s widely misunderstood.

What was the club's response on:

a) ticket allocations being announced far too late - impacting travel plans and costs? (We know other clubs announce ticketing allocations and arrangements as soon as draws are made).
b) the club not taking our full entitlement to tickets?

It feels like we don't get to see the answers on these things.

Cheers.
Long live the King

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2018, 04:24:02 pm »
Go and ask United's ticket office if we can send a couple of ours over to theirs for a few days to shadow their processes, they're light years ahead of us. They have a FULL breakdown on the number of tickets they receive, how many supporters have each amount of credits, when the sales will be, a strong system to sort it out and deal with touts. Then when their fans get mugged off by other clubs, they have their backs and have saved them money.

It's frankly embarrassing just how far our club is behind on this front, i'm not sure if it's incompetence or unwillingness because they know us mugs will buy the tickets anyway. Each year we get murmurings of new systems, change at the ticket office, but it's always exactly the same. For all the strides forward the club is making in the community, on the pitch, commercially, it's just a stagnant mess when it comes to ticketing.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2018, 04:24:21 pm »
What was the club's response on:

a) ticket allocations being announced far too late - impacting travel plans and costs? (We know other clubs announce ticketing allocations and arrangements as soon as draws are made).
b) the club not taking our full entitlement to tickets?

Cheers.
Again, you’re misunderstanding. If I’m authorised to say something on the club’s behalf I will but neither I nor anyone else gets to issue statements of any kind without prior clearance.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2018, 04:26:46 pm »
Totally agree mate. If my memory isn't playing tricks......was it last season (or season before ?) that the club issued a pre-sales notice fairly well in advance of actual sales, indicating some limited ticket information eg. ticket allocation and prices and potential criteria ? I'm sure there was something on those lines - so how come that's stopped this season ?

That was for Spartak last season.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2018, 04:26:59 pm »
Again, you’re misunderstanding. If I’m authorised to say something on the club’s behalf I will but neither I nor anyone else gets to issue statements of any kind without prior clearance.

This is so frustrating. I'm not having a go at you personally as you're clearly acting within a remit of a role you've been given. But what's the point of a liaison officer, whose role is communications - who can only communicate one way.

We can let you know our concerns but we can't get answers to our concerns?
Long live the King

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2018, 04:34:17 pm »

What is the pissing point in that then????????

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2018, 04:34:45 pm »
This is so frustrating. I'm not having a go at you personally as you're clearly acting within a remit of a role you've been given. But what's the point of a liaison officer, whose role is communications - who can only communicate one way.

We can let you know our concerns but we can't get answers to our concerns?
It’s not only one way though. It’s anything but. There is more communication with supporters, both formally and informally, than ever before. Could it get better? Without question. Could I get better? Again, without question.
We’re a year into a new model that no one else is using. There has been progress in some areas and there are other in which we need to improve. I won’t be doing this job for ever because there’s no way anyone could but while I’m doing it I’ll try to make progress on your behalf.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2018, 04:35:52 pm »
It’s not only one way though. It’s anything but. There is more communication with supporters, both formally and informally, than ever before. Could it get better? Without question. Could I get better? Again, without question.
We’re a year into a new model that no one else is using. There has been progress in some areas and there are other in which we need to improve. I won’t be doing this job for ever because there’s no way anyone could but while I’m doing it I’ll try to make progress on your behalf.

Thanks for responding Tony.
Long live the King

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2018, 04:50:05 pm »
In short the club could not give one about us. As if these concerns have been raised the club have decided to either ignore or not comment on them. Still cracks me up the famous line the club encourages all supporters not in possession of a ticket not to travel. Imagine you waited to book your travel every time until after the ticket sales..... again club could not care less about us.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2018, 04:58:09 pm »
In short the club could not give one about us. As if these concerns have been raised the club have decided to either ignore or not comment on them. Still cracks me up the famous line the club encourages all supporters not in possession of a ticket not to travel. Imagine you waited to book your travel every time until after the ticket sales..... again club could not care less about us.
yep us customers get treated like crap unless you have a fair few million to give them the club arent bothered one bit about us

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2018, 05:09:37 pm »
I do think at times the club doesn’t do itself any favours. If they’ve sold tickets for the Burnley game 1 week later today because they’ve not physically got the PSG tickets, then they should say.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2018, 05:21:52 pm »
I do think at times the club doesn’t do itself any favours. If they’ve sold tickets for the Burnley game 1 week later today because they’ve not physically got the PSG tickets, then they should say.
SHOULDNT REALLY matter if they pysically have them or not they know what we are getting so could at least have the decency to make an annoucement

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2018, 05:42:54 pm »

Heard a rumour its 2,200 allocation starting on 6 previous credits with a collection in Paris..
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2018, 05:43:08 pm »

You know after city away last year, did you give them a ring and offer to pay more?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2018, 05:48:03 pm »
Go and ask United's ticket office if we can send a couple of ours over to theirs for a few days to shadow their processes, they're light years ahead of us. They have a FULL breakdown on the number of tickets they receive, how many supporters have each amount of credits, when the sales will be, a strong system to sort it out and deal with touts. Then when their fans get mugged off by other clubs, they have their backs and have saved them money.

It's frankly embarrassing just how far our club is behind on this front, i'm not sure if it's incompetence or unwillingness because they know us mugs will buy the tickets anyway. Each year we get murmurings of new systems, change at the ticket office, but it's always exactly the same. For all the strides forward the club is making in the community, on the pitch, commercially, it's just a stagnant mess when it comes to ticketing.

This 100% mate.

For our ticket and office and club to be like what United do on tickets would mean them being transparent on the allocation of tickets

We all know that is never going to happen in a million years.

I honestly think this club gets a sick pleasure out of it all knowing that they'll never ever need to be transparent. . As Rick Parry said, we're not playing the numbers game. It's a true today as it was then.

The honest standard travelling supporter  is a non entity to this club, if they were we wouldn't be at here 16 days before an away game without a clue what's happening

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2018, 05:52:20 pm »
Arsenal done with selling tickets for Vorskla away on November 29th
Spurs in Barcelona December 11th, already done and sold out.
Utd in Valencia December 12th, all done and sold back in September.
City in Lyon on November 27th. Started sales October 25th. Still on sale as they are a nothing club with no supporters.

Us in Paris? Don't even have any details let alone a sale date.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2018, 05:58:48 pm »
City in Lyon on November 27th. Started sales October 25th. Still on sale as they are a nothing club with no supporters.

The only possible reason I could see the club taking so long over this is PSG require every supporter to show their passport before entry to every game, with names on the ticket obviously matching the passport. Mate of mine and his girlfriend went to a game last season there and they had to go through the long checking process.

So the rumours of a collection for tickets would make sense as then supporters can then pick up tickets without having to queue for ages outside the stadium.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 12, 2018, 06:19:20 pm »
Here we go again rumours about collection in Paris just had a txt saying it’s happening also notice on here & people sayin 2,200 allocation,only one person to blame when this happens every single away & that is the people that run OUR club,also demanding DOB,passport details etc when surely they could have them stored away,stop treating the supporters that travel everywhere to support OUR club with the respect that surely we deserve....

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2018, 06:41:16 pm »
Our Eurostar doesn’t get to Paris till 5 so collection would be a massive pain in the arse.
Long live the King

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2018, 06:58:15 pm »
Heard a rumour its 2,200 allocation starting on 6 previous credits with a collection in Paris..
Pretty much what we got told in Belgrade.

Offline tommy26241

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: November 12, 2018, 07:33:11 pm »

To be fair Tony there is a reason other clubs don't have this role. Most anger is because club is so slow on announcing details.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2018, 07:40:21 pm »
This is all so infuriating for supporters.

I just want to make clear that lots of what supporters have said in here has been raised time and again. If it’s infuriating for you all, because it seems so basic (which it is), try being the people in the room or sending emails asking the questions - and sometimes hearing positive noises and nothing happens or being told it will be looked at and then nothing happening. It’s particulrly funny that on lots of ticketing issues the club would often cite United as an example (prices, tiered prices etc) but then don’t do the other bits that supporters like such as transparency and advance notice. It often feels like they do what they want which makes you question whether they care and the point in the process. It’s a waste of time it feels like.

As it is, we (SoS etc) do keep asking the questions. I do feel sorry for Tony - I know it’s his job but there’s also been a bit of a change from the club. Where staff responsible would communicate direct they now go Tony, when it’s they who make decisions. The decision making and comms process needs fixing otherwise supporters will keep getting disillusioned
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2018, 07:47:27 pm »
This is all so infuriating for supporters.

I just want to make clear that lots of what supporters have said in here has been raised time and again. If it’s infuriating for you all, because it seems so basic (which it is), try being the people in the room or sending emails asking the questions - and sometimes hearing positive noises and nothing happens or being told it will be looked at and then nothing happening. It’s particulrly funny that on lots of ticketing issues the club would often cite United as an example (prices, tiered prices etc) but then don’t do the other bits that supporters like such as transparency and advance notice. It often feels like they do what they want which makes you question whether they care and the point in the process. It’s a waste of time it feels like.

As it is, we (SoS etc) do keep asking the questions. I do feel sorry for Tony - I know it’s his job but there’s also been a bit of a change from the club. Where staff responsible would communicate direct they now go Tony, when it’s they who make decisions. The decision making and comms process needs fixing otherwise supporters will keep getting disillusioned

The supporters that are out of pocket by having to wait till the last minute to organise travel and accommodation for Euro Aways are beyond disillusioned they're furious, and the club don't give two shits

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2018, 07:48:57 pm »
The reality is there is probably only a few thousand of us waiting on ticket news regarding credits.

And the other reality being thousands more than us are probably asking the club why with 0 credits they cannot attend and how unfair that is.

And that’s it really.

If I don’t go to Paris having attended the last 7 from 8, someone else will.
Until the next person will not-it’s not really an area to address is it.

It’s entirely possible (guessing) the club get more complaints from those unable to attend than those of us that attend.

Which is why people would love to know the right way of expressing our views and who to.

I think a lot at the club do care which is why it’s so confusing.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2018, 08:11:48 pm »
The supporters that are out of pocket by having to wait till the last minute to organise travel and accommodation for Euro Aways are beyond disillusioned they're furious, and the club don't give two shits

I don’t think that’s particularly seen, heard or felt, particularly by decision makers, because my perception is the majority seem to book regardless - knowing, expectant, hopeful or otherwise - that they will get sorted. Frustration that I’ve seen so far is around the possibility of collections. That’s not to say your frustration isn’t genuine or deserves listening, just trying to provide some understanding/context
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2018, 08:13:44 pm »
The reality is there is probably only a few thousand of us waiting on ticket news regarding credits.

A few thousand of the clubs most dedicated fans, constantly shat on because they know we’ll come back for more.
Long live the King

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2018, 08:17:54 pm »

And the other reality being thousands more than us are probably asking the club why with 0 credits they cannot attend and how unfair that is.

And that’s it really.

If I don’t go to Paris having attended the last 7 from 8, someone else will.
Until the next person will not-it’s not really an area to address is it.

It’s entirely possible (guessing) the club get more complaints from those unable to attend than those of us that attend.

Which is why people would love to know the right way of expressing our views and who to.

I think a lot at the club do care which is why it’s so confusing.

I don’t think they are fully understanding of why some things matter so much to supporters, certainly not enough people in decision making positions.

And then decision making and comms stuff seems to take an age, for a number of reasons I think.

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2018, 09:32:10 pm »
Here we go again rumours about collection in Paris just had a txt saying it’s happening also notice on here & people sayin 2,200 allocation,only one person to blame when this happens every single away & that is the people that run OUR club,also demanding DOB,passport details etc when surely they could have them stored away,stop treating the supporters that travel everywhere to support OUR club with the respect that surely we deserve....

They once gave my passport details to someone on a piece of paper at the ticket office window, so to be honest, I’d rather they didn’t store them.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2018, 09:38:32 pm »

The apparent price of €77-90 a ticket as well is disgusting if true what will the SOS be doing about this Jay?