Author Topic: The Car Lust Thread  (Read 73266 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: The Car Lust Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2019, 03:57:12 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2019, 10:37:15 pm »
Probably a bit marmitey this,I have a proper love of old American classics.

The Buick Riviera Boattail.  8)

I have a sportscar preference, but if I was ever to buy an old, relatively affordable classic American automatic transmission cruiser, that 1971-73 Riviera would be it. It is rare to see one of those anymore, especially in good shape. But wow, they are huge cars and that design is spectacular.

The earlier 1963-65 Rivieras looked nearly as good, and they had amazing lights.

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2019, 11:43:35 pm »
Only one real choice...

Great film, up there with Vanishing Point, though now very much of an age and a time.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2019, 02:47:31 pm »
If anyone here has a spare £1.5m - £2m burning a hole in their pocket, for a mere £250,000 deposit you could put your name down for the new and absolutely insane Lotus Evija.

An all electric Hypercar that will hit over 200mph with 1,973bhp. Only 130 will be made, so don't delay with that deposit. I'm just off to the cashpoint myself.   8)

https://www.lotuscars.com/model/evija/

https://uk.motor1.com/news/360189/lotus-evija-ev-hypercar-debuts/
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2019, 04:13:41 pm »
^

Front on it looks a bit like a Ferrari, side on it is gorgeous.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2019, 04:19:28 pm »
^

Front on it looks a bit like a Ferrari, side on it is gorgeous.

It's a beauty. I doubt I'll ever see one on the road though. What with the price tag and the tiny numbers being made.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2019, 04:23:57 pm »
It's a beauty. I doubt I'll ever see one on the road though. What with the price tag and the tiny numbers being made.  :-\

I have seen a Veyron heading towards town on the M62 and a mate of mine took a few pictures of a Chiron at Lymm services, so you never know.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2019, 07:28:08 pm »
That Lotus is some car, absolutely stunning.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2019, 07:42:40 pm »
Pics of the Evija. I wasn't sure about the arse end until I realised the side vent go right through and come out the back

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2019, 10:14:09 pm »
^
That looks more like the UFO that came down in Rendlesham Forest in 1980.  ;D

What a stunner!  8)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: July 27, 2019, 07:06:52 am »
If Carlsberg did UFO's

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 2, 2019, 05:26:34 pm »
I said in this thread that as a kid I always looked for the new plate when they changed and still do it now. I had forgotten about the new 69 plate until I came out of the gym before and a fella was getting out of a 69 Plate Ferrari, utterly gorgeous car, he'd only just picked it up. I never thought to ask him which model it was.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #372 on: September 2, 2019, 05:31:53 pm »
Probably a 488 if it's brand new.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #373 on: September 2, 2019, 05:42:56 pm »
^
That looks more like the UFO that came down in Rendlesham Forest in 1980.  ;D

What a stunner!  8)

Were you there?! I think Alan was piloting the craft before heading back to Area51 and then Alpha Centauri.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: September 2, 2019, 06:00:01 pm »
Probably a 488 if it's brand new.

I was thinking it might be one of those, beautiful looking car.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: September 2, 2019, 07:20:50 pm »
Were you there?! I think Alan was piloting the craft before heading back to Area51 and then Alpha Centauri.
Yes, I was there. I can confirm Alan was indeed the pilot. 👽

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: September 2, 2019, 10:53:32 pm »

Out of all the GTR's (excluding the Nismo), I think they peaked in appearance with the R34.

Not really into all that modern curvy/angular shite. I like a box. Especially when it makes a noise like an S4.

The E30 Sport Evo
 :lickin

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: September 3, 2019, 08:25:15 am »
^

Started watching Goblin Works Garage on Quest, what do you think of this E30? The bodykit was bespoke

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #378 on: September 3, 2019, 10:25:06 am »
My E30 325i se was the only car i wish id never sold.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: September 4, 2019, 09:42:53 pm »
Not really sure about that body kit. One of the defining characteristics of what makes the E30 so special is it's handling. I'm not sure what something like that would do to it, but it looks a bit overly "American" for a BMW. Those wheels sure as hell don't belong either. Looks like a nascar.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: September 5, 2019, 07:13:20 am »
Not really sure about that body kit. One of the defining characteristics of what makes the E30 so special is it's handling. I'm not sure what something like that would do to it, but it looks a bit overly "American" for a BMW. Those wheels sure as hell don't belong either. Looks like a nascar.

It had an air suspension kit on it too. ;)

The girl on the show, Helen Slater, is heavily into the E30 and they were going for a "dystopian" look, I think they said it was a big thing in Japan. The kit cost £25k  :o

To me it just looked like they'd made a Group B rally car and it immediately made me think of the Sport Quattro

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 6, 2019, 02:09:41 am »
It had an air suspension kit on it too. ;)

The girl on the show, Helen Slater, is heavily into the E30 and they were going for a "dystopian" look, I think they said it was a big thing in Japan. The kit cost £25k  :o

To me it just looked like they'd made a Group B rally car and it immediately made me think of the Sport Quattro

I was wrecking my head trying to remember what that body kit reminded me of. I was thinking the V6 Cleo, or the Metro Group B. But, yeah, the Quattro or a Pikes Peak T16 is what it was.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #382 on: September 6, 2019, 03:41:51 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #383 on: September 6, 2019, 03:44:16 pm »
Cut outs in the bumper look too angular for the rest of the car imo.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: September 6, 2019, 04:31:25 pm »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 7, 2019, 04:01:10 pm »
Bugattis record breaking run of 304.7mph with the Chiron isn't being recognised by the Guinness book of records as they didn't do it both ways.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-7435571/Bugattis-300mph-Chiron-speed-record-doubt.html

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 8, 2019, 11:45:39 am »
Less elegant than the veyron. Beast of a machine though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #387 on: September 8, 2019, 01:14:45 pm »
Kinell i wouldnt lend that Bugatti to my mate,i lent him my car 2 weeks ago and have just received 3 Speeding fines from the night totalling 600euros. Lesson learned,im never lending my car to anyone in future.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: September 8, 2019, 02:21:13 pm »
This thing is nuts - Fiat 500 (a proper one, not the huge modern version) with the V12 from a Murcielago

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #389 on: September 9, 2019, 12:57:43 pm »

Yes please!

Had the C7 version and loved it and can't wait for this to be available.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #390 on: September 9, 2019, 01:19:45 pm »
This thing is nuts - Fiat 500 (a proper one, not the huge modern version) with the V12 from a Murcielago

That looks scary

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: November 1, 2019, 05:36:08 pm »
Nicest arse end I've seen this week

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 2, 2019, 01:46:13 am »
Nicest arse end I've seen this week

There is a fella from Crosby who usually drives a Red Ferrari 488 Spider, but I saw him in one of those Aston's the other week in silver/grey. Nice, but I did prefer the Ferrari.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: November 2, 2019, 08:52:50 am »
There is a fella from Crosby who usually drives a Red Ferrari 488 Spider, but I saw him in one of those Aston's the other week in silver/grey. Nice, but I did prefer the Ferrari.

Sadly the front of the Aston lets it down - the 488 is such a beautiful car. Ferrari know all about design.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: November 2, 2019, 08:56:02 am »
The new Porsche 992 rear is awful with the thin straight strip LED light along it.

That Vantage is how it should be done.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 2, 2019, 09:07:04 am »
The new Porsche 992 rear is awful with the thin straight strip LED light along it.

That Vantage is how it should be done.

Just googled it and realised I was behind one of those the other day. Not great looking, car sounded fantastic though and was bloody quick

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #396 on: November 2, 2019, 11:25:04 am »

0-60 in 19.1 seconds
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #397 on: November 2, 2019, 11:27:43 am »
Down hill
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #398 on: November 2, 2019, 11:34:46 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 3, 2019, 05:11:29 pm »
I saw a nice MaClaren driving around Sefton Park this afternoon.

Lovely car, but not my kind of colour scheme. Orange body, black wheels and orange brake calipers. I saw a Lamborghini at the Palm House a while back with the very same colour scheme too.