Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4000826 times)

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #40320 on: September 4, 2015, 10:00:43 pm »
Commiserations mate - we all need somewhere to put our tools.
After I wrote it i was expecting a reply like that. :)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40321 on: September 5, 2015, 10:58:58 pm »
I'll be at the next home game,not sure where I'll be pre match though.
You should meet up with him, Tony mate. It would make his day. He's a real nice lad, and I know he'd be made up to meet any of Ray's aul RAWK mates.

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #40322 on: September 5, 2015, 11:33:47 pm »
You should meet up with him, Tony mate. It would make his day. He's a real nice lad, and I know he'd be made up to meet any of Ray's aul RAWK mates.

I would love to,hopefully will see John Mac as I've not seen him in a few years,need to buy him a beer or two as he's sorted my lad out for match tickets but also Pink Floyd ones ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40323 on: September 6, 2015, 10:43:02 am »
Don't get him started on the ale, you'll end up in Azarbahkazzooo or somewhere
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #40324 on: September 6, 2015, 10:49:14 am »
Don't get him start      ed on the ale, you'll end up in Azarbahkazzooo or somewhere
I went there once - full of scousers.

Anyway, get your gouty toes tapping to this. If you can resist, you're a better man than me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJOIqmlI65Y
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #40325 on: September 6, 2015, 08:49:21 pm »
Nice.

Mine are tapping to this at the mo.

Clifton:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5rHKlXO_Ysw&amp;list=RDEM6ASs4J3L0PkttbrnohFnbw&amp;index=19" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5rHKlXO_Ysw&amp;list=RDEM6ASs4J3L0PkttbrnohFnbw&amp;index=19</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40326 on: September 6, 2015, 09:13:13 pm »
I went there once - full of scousers.

Anyway, get your gouty toes tapping to this. If you can resist, you're a better man than me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJOIqmlI65Y

I love Earl Scruggs and Lester Flats, and all that Apalachian Blue Grass stuff. But just popped in to give a quick heads up... BBC4 10:30 Highlights of the Van Morrison show on Cyprus Avenue. I believe it was a cracker.

Been upset with the music nights on 4 lately. They've ran out of gas. Hopefully this is a sign of a return to form. There's so many artists and genres they haven't even touched yet. Got to say though... I can't stand Frank Sinatra, don't know why. I just can't bear him. But they done a documentary on him the other Friday and it was brilliant. Not that it changed my mind on the scrawny little shite, like.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40327 on: September 6, 2015, 09:19:53 pm »
Don't get him started on the ale, you'll end up in Azarbahkazzooo or somewhere
Had a message from him and he's up for a beer.What have I let myself in for... ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40328 on: September 6, 2015, 11:18:31 pm »
Had a message from him and he's up for a beer.What have I let myself in for... ;)

Uh-oh.

Wish I could be there. If you're watching Van, get on the lad near the front in the Liverpool trackie top. It's our Lacho. Good kid. He's Ma, god help her, is the image of me. His aul fella is a ringer for John Peel. So fuck knows how, but he's turning into a handsome fucker. He's by the aul ones doin the Mam and Dad dancing at the front.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #40329 on: September 6, 2015, 11:39:47 pm »
Commiserations mate - we all need somewhere to put our tools.

You never disappoint Doc. Willi, garages are like women, get all you can because you'll never get all you want. ;)
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40330 on: September 7, 2015, 12:11:44 am »
Nice.

Mine are tapping to this at the mo.

Clifton:

[/flash]
I bet you'll like this one JB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ4ECThZ_2o
« Last Edit: September 7, 2015, 12:23:25 am by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40331 on: September 7, 2015, 01:21:06 am »
I bet you'll like this one JB.

I'll see your brother John and raise you Dr. John with a surprise solo by a very young Jeff Healey.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/T4DqqqeL8lg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/T4DqqqeL8lg</a>

Kill the humourless

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40332 on: September 7, 2015, 01:34:31 am »
I'll see your brother John and raise you Dr. John with a surprise solo by a very young Jeff Healey.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/T4DqqqeL8lg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/T4DqqqeL8lg</a>

I nearly stuck that one on meself. In fact there's a slightly longer version with a brief interview with the Doc before they start, which is quite amusing.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2015, 01:36:20 am by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40333 on: September 7, 2015, 11:20:45 am »
I saw Dr John in a pub in Bridgeport Connecticut. It was like a Student's Union type gaff, cracking bar. Dr John was sat it, with some women. She was weird, defo, New Orleans Witchy Woman, Voo-doo. The two of them just sat there, barely talking, drinking and smoking charoot looking little black ciggies.

Dr John just stands up, walks to the piano, says fuck all, bangs out about an hours worth. He was brilliant, just banged right through the lot, but never said a word, stood up and walked out with her in tow. One of the strangest shows I've ever seen.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40334 on: September 7, 2015, 11:41:41 am »
I saw Dr John in a pub in Bridgeport Connecticut. It was like a Student's Union type gaff, cracking bar. Dr John was sat it, with some women. She was weird, defo, New Orleans Witchy Woman, Voo-doo. The two of them just sat there, barely talking, drinking and smoking charoot looking little black ciggies.

Dr John just stands up, walks to the piano, says fuck all, bangs out about an hours worth. He was brilliant, just banged right through the lot, but never said a word, stood up and walked out with her in tow. One of the strangest shows I've ever seen.
Green with envy - I'm never talking to you again yer fat bastard!
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40335 on: September 7, 2015, 12:47:56 pm »

I love the Dr.  Loved when he started his 'Night Tripper' wrinkle, walking about the crowd tossing glitter into the air as he walked.

But I've got a bigger Blues dick than you.  LOL:

1972,  I'm in my local, the mother of all blues bars in NYC, Dan Lynch.

Always a great crew of artists hanging, performing, networking, getting high, worrever.

In walks Champion Jack Dupree, pushing 70, dressed to the nines like a Harlem pimp with a gorgeous young black thing young enough to be his grandaughter on each arm. 

The Holmes Brothers, Bobby Radcliffe, Robert Ross, Jon Paris, all NY blues icons in attendance, rush to greet the great man.

They gingerly lead him to the beat up old piano in the back where he sits down and plays a fantastic  barrelhouse piano boogie about a one eyed, one legged hooker in New Orleans, never heard again that had the entire house in an uproar it was so great. 

One of my fondest memories.

Kill the humourless

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40337 on: September 7, 2015, 03:36:09 pm »
All I can offer is a night in Yates's listening to Terry the one-armed accordionist.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #40338 on: September 7, 2015, 07:00:11 pm »
 I saw Bootlace Watkins singing with Cy Tucker once. 8)
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40339 on: September 7, 2015, 10:14:37 pm »
Green with envy - I'm never talking to you again yer fat bastard!
Ha! But before you cut me off... get on Channel 4. Loads of hip politically correct people of about 30, watching 1970's telly and telling us how wrong it all was, what twats we all are and how good things are now compared. Apparently Alf Garnet is the most evil man to have ever walked the earth.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40340 on: September 7, 2015, 10:38:53 pm »
Ha! But before you cut me off... get on Channel 4. Loads of hip politically correct people of about 30, watching 1970's telly and telling us how wrong it all was, what twats we all are and how good things are now compared. Apparently Alf Garnet is the most evil man to have ever walked the earth.
Sounds like they completely missed the point with that one then. Think I've seen it actually. I think there's a few of them.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #40341 on: September 7, 2015, 11:33:25 pm »

Marsha Hunt?
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #40342 on: September 8, 2015, 02:21:27 pm »
All I can offer is a night in Yates's listening to Terry the one-armed accordionist.

And I in the Iron Door with Johnny Kidd and the Pirates.  Fucking Nails.  Hard Core.  No idea who all these other fuckers are you're on about.  And don't require an education either.  Ta.  Mwah.

And some bangin nights in Yates's.  Dear Robbie.  Those were the fuckin days.  I remember when I was barmaiding this huge fucker lifted me clean over the counter in one lift which was sheer bloody going when you consider Wates's counters were specifically built to deter such a thing.  It made me feel all feminine and frail.  Put me in mind of that scene in The Searchers where John Wayne lifts the girl into his arms and says "Lets go home Kathy". 

Now I appreciate that that was set in a cave, and so far as I'm aware, John Wayne never set foot in a Yates's- well not in the Moorfields one where I was barmaiding at the time.  But still........

Anyway.

This fella was 6ft 6 and built like a brick shithouse.  So a waltz was not an option.  Madness ensued.  A kind of a crazed polka which bashed into tables and wild howling.  Far from annoying the legendary touchy folk of Yates's this only served to inflame them, and they all joined in. 
Continued

« Last Edit: September 8, 2015, 04:07:36 pm by Maggie May »
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #40343 on: September 8, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »

lol shows what the 'clued up' dickwads of todays world are actually like. The most basic research would have shown them what 'Alf Garnett' was actually all about.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40344 on: September 8, 2015, 05:00:50 pm »
@Jambutty
I met "Mr Dupree" as I used to call him when I was about 6 year old. One of his daughters Jackie went to my School I remember there was even an "Sad News" announcement in assembly when he decided to leave the Country.
From what I gather he loved living in the UK not because he was treated with respect by those who knew his work but perhaps more importantly it was the common decency from those who didn't.

Times were changing though, for example Clapton called at his home to pay his "respect" to Mr Dupree. Then he went on a "Enoch was right" "White power" kind of rant at one of his concerts.  By the end of the 70s the Skins were on the march around our end and the Milk Snatching c*nt was in Downing St...No wonder the man whose parents were killed by hooded white supremacist's fucked off. :(

On a lighter note I'm fairly sure I can remember seeing him in that exact same white suit...Although they all look alike to me ;)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40345 on: September 8, 2015, 05:57:12 pm »
@Jambutty

On a lighter note I'm fairly sure I can remember seeing him in that exact same white suit...Although they all look alike to me ;)
You're probably getting him mixed up with Charlie Williams.

Jack Dupre wasn't really my cup of tea really. It's the musicianship of the likes of Dr. John and James Booker that really does it for me. It's like a symphony of sound when those fellas play, they really know their stuff, and it's real spine-tingly blues - the only type worth having.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40346 on: September 8, 2015, 06:47:54 pm »
You're probably getting him mixed up with Charlie Williams.

Jack Dupre wasn't really my cup of tea really. It's the musicianship of the likes of Dr. John and James Booker that really does it for me. It's like a symphony of sound when those fellas play, they really know their stuff, and it's real spine-tingly blues - the only type worth having.
Jazz ! "Do you think any of them know what the others are playing ? "

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40347 on: September 8, 2015, 06:58:37 pm »
Jazz ! "Do you think any of them know what the others are playing ? "
Jazz is just blues - only sideways.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #40348 on: September 8, 2015, 08:59:19 pm »
And I in the Iron Door with Johnny Kidd and the Pirates.  Fucking Nails.  Hard Core.  No idea who all these other fuckers are you're on about.  And don't require an education either.  Ta.  Mwah.

And some bangin nights in Yates's.  Dear Robbie.  Those were the fuckin days.  I remember when I was barmaiding this huge fucker lifted me clean over the counter in one lift which was sheer bloody going when you consider Wates's counters were specifically built to deter such a thing.  It made me feel all feminine and frail.  Put me in mind of that scene in The Searchers where John Wayne lifts the girl into his arms and says "Lets go home Kathy". 

Now I appreciate that that was set in a cave, and so far as I'm aware, John Wayne never set foot in a Yates's- well not in the Moorfields one where I was barmaiding at the time.  But still........

Anyway.

This fella was 6ft 6 and built like a brick shithouse.  So a waltz was not an option.  Madness ensued.  A kind of a crazed polka which bashed into tables and wild howling.  Far from annoying the legendary touchy folk of Yates's this only served to inflame them, and they all joined in. 
Continued

I recollect splintering furniture and smashing glasses.  And everyone having a great time led by this huge fella.  Even the arsehole of a Manager was inspired to throw loads of free Guinness over us all in the hope it would wet girls tshirts and cling to their tits.  All harmless fun.  Suddenly this huge fella fell prey to the Yates's Ozzie White spell and dropped like a log.  So we carted him outside into the square and propped him up outside the building with the other drunks.  And then everyone went home.

Aye well. Happy days.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #40349 on: September 8, 2015, 09:03:45 pm »
Pix of you in a t-shirt wet with Guinness or STFU :wave

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #40350 on: September 9, 2015, 04:28:17 am »
Marsha Hunt?

No need for language like that Piggy . .  ::) ::)
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40351 on: September 9, 2015, 08:02:27 am »
Richard Thompson at the Phil last night. Fantastic. 3 fellas on top of their game and making some noise.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40352 on: September 9, 2015, 09:21:41 am »
Marsha Hunt?
No mate. I've no idea who she was, but defo a Ju-Ju Voo-Doo job.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40353 on: September 9, 2015, 09:42:29 am »
Here's a change, start the morning with a bit of good news...

I got a letter Saturday... Another "Assessment with a Health Professional." That's DWP code for We're stopping your sick money. 72 nicker a week, don't get me wrong I'm grateful for it, but 16 billion goes unclaimed a year and this is the first time I've ever been on it since 6 months in 1986.

But anyway, I've got a specialist liver nurse. She's great. I love the kid, brightens me life up seeing her, really nice young lady. She foreseen this, must be used to it, told me, any troubles with them get them to call me. I hadn't even mentioned them. So she must go through it all the time.

I called her Monday morning to tell her they were at it. She's off work this week. About to leave for the assessment, another nurse from the same team called. Another lovely girl. Long story short, she basically said, the DWP can fuck right off. There's no way, I can be forced into looking for jobs nor left with nothing as my own nurse had managed to secure funding to have me treated. And the medicine I'll be getting is very expensive and I'll need to rest while I'm on it. So, the last thing my doctors want, is me all stressed out or getting called into the DWP while I'm being treated and will have to spend a lot of time in and out of hospital over the next 3 months.

There's loads more to it, but... I'm going to get treated soon, and it's going to be the good expensive medicine. Fuck them in the DWP. I didn't even get to see them. I only mentioned them because that's how I found out. And that young girl must have fought like fuck to get me that. I've got to see her next week. She was probably going to tell me then. I'll have to take her a little pressie.

But anyway, that's that. And I've got a stack of appointments coming up lately. So, I looked through the letters. The last one is a meeting with the blood consultant in November. That will probably be to either start me on it, or test me after the first doses. Fucking chuffed. I could have this shite out of me by spring. God bless the NHS, eh.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40354 on: September 9, 2015, 10:09:39 am »
Richard Thompson at the Phil last night. Fantastic. 3 fellas on top of their game and making some noise.
Seen that Electric show last year. Hopefully won't be missing anyone good next year.

I once heard Jazz called Musical Wanking. Don't know what they meant by that, but it seemed about right to me. I can't stand it. Bar that Traditional New Orleans stuff it's all shite to me. Philistine or Philosan, can't make top nor tail of it.... Jazz, Mmm, nice.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40355 on: September 9, 2015, 11:00:41 am »
Fantastic news that Fats I'm really delighted for you mate. You make sure you treat them girls to some scouse generosity - maybe one of them funny mop things you're always going on about.

Jazz. Hmm. I've always had the feeling I'm pissing against the wind with this one. People seem to think it's something only appreciated by intellectuals who sit there listening to it and then after it finishes, and they've spent a couple of seconds confirming things with a slide rule, they concur it was good and politely applaud.

When I first got into jazz as a teenager, I went on the rampage trying to investigate the entire field. Believe me, even I find ninety percent of it to be nothing more than lugubrious mental masturbation. But the stuff I do like is 'gut' music, it's not some sort of aloof intellectual exercise. John Cordwell who used to have The Atlantic (the Banjo House) on the Dock Road, where everyone was into jazz, summed it up to me when he said, "Jazz has got to be 'happy jazz'".

But you either get it, or you don't. If you can't relate all them funny little notes with the melody then either you're wasting your time or the musician is. I find that the more subtle 'jazz chords' also make the music all the richer. Brazilian music uses a lot of jazz chords, so if you ever listen to anything by Jobim for instance, all that sexy Brazilian sensuality is conveyed so well by very subtle chord adjustments which if you wanted to understand jazz, would make a good place to start.

The only analogy I can come up with is crosswords. Most people like doing them. Some people like the general knowledge ones, some people like the cryptic ones. A lot of people just don't understand the cryptic ones at all! Jazz is cryptic. I've often wondered if the cryptic crossowrds and the jazz go together, but using this place as an example I would say probably not. Double entendres are often the basis pf cryptic crosswords, and this place is full of them, but not jazz fans - so another theory bites the dust.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40356 on: September 9, 2015, 11:31:11 am »
Great news that Fats.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40357 on: September 9, 2015, 12:28:33 pm »
Thanks Lads. And I know what you mean about the Jazz Doc. I also know half the stuff I like wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Jazz. But I just don't get it.

Just watching PMQ's... is Porgie stoned again? He looks off in space to me.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40358 on: September 9, 2015, 01:43:40 pm »
I'm not into jazz much.  Jaco and weather report were my tastes.

I love lyrics and structure too much to dig it.

Joey 'The Lips' Fagan coined 'musical wanking' in The Commitments.

Spot on, imho.
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40359 on: September 9, 2015, 03:57:59 pm »
I'm not into jazz much.  Jaco and weather report were my tastes.

I love lyrics and structure too much to dig it.

Joey 'The Lips' Fagan coined 'musical wanking' in The Commitments.

Spot on, imho.
I knew I'd heard it, but I couldn't remember where. As for lyrics... that skat shit is woeful. That Cleo Lane malarkey, boo boo badadadday boo, done my nut in.