Author Topic: Premier League Dec 7th, 8th and 9th  (Read 44146 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Premier League Dec 7th, 8th and 9th
« Reply #1560 on: December 8, 2019, 04:05:28 pm »
I think we need to stay calm. See where they are after the 21st.

Then we go there and are more than capable of winning.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1561 on: December 8, 2019, 04:06:51 pm »
we've beaten Chelsea and drawn with Utd on top of beating City, oh and beaten Leicester too, so on equivalent fixtures and head to head we have a better record so the same doesn't apply to us

I replied to those certain games. Everton and Tottenham were very much in bad form when we played them. Arsenal are permanently bad and we have their number at Anfield. I just dont see the point in downplaying Leicesters position - they are a very functional side with a competent manager, and a seasoned goalscorer. The only advantage they have over us is being without the distractions of European football and CWC this season. That being said of course we have a better overall record than them this season - thats why we lead with 8 points, and we are also at the verge of playing in the CL knockouts
« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 04:09:27 pm by oxenstierna »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1562 on: December 8, 2019, 04:08:23 pm »
Arsenal created a boat load of chances to score before Leicester put a couple past them.  They give you chances, just no ones taking them at the moment but that will change soon enough.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't see some tactical masterclass here. They're playing very good, but lots of things are going in the favor at the moment. Vardy is replicating that title-winning form of his life whilst Jonny Evans suddenly looks like a world beater too with a great young defender in Soyuncu as well. Plus as a whole they're scoring almost most of the chances they're creating.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1563 on: December 8, 2019, 04:08:26 pm »
It's actually quite funny just how much Sly want Leicester to overtake us

Counted about 30 digs at the end there.. :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: December 8, 2019, 04:09:33 pm »
Not to diminsh what they have done, but they've been fortunate to have played Arsenal , Spurs and Everton when all were in bad form, alongside  a lot of dross

I've heard rivals say the same about us, it's rubbish. Their main advantage is a lack of Europe, they have just won 8 in a row and look in top form.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: December 8, 2019, 04:11:32 pm »
Our biggest concern is Qatar puts us out of our stride and we start dropping points when we come back. But Leicester only need to draw a couple of games. We're in complete control here.

If anything could knock us off stride is losing Tuesday, not the trip to Qatar.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: December 8, 2019, 04:12:21 pm »
I don't think they'll be near us come the end of the season but Rodgers is doing great there. No-one could have saw them winning 8 games on the bounce, regardless of their fixture list.

Rodgers is a great coach, top 3 coach in the league for sure. Happy he's proving it after it went to shit here. Although obviously early days, you can't and shouldn't downplay the impact he's had there. It's been remarkable.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 04:14:07 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: December 8, 2019, 04:12:56 pm »
Leicester's run at the moment reminds me a bit of ours after the turn of the new year in that 2013/14 season. They're on autopilot here. It's high-octane football with little regards to anything else and it's absolutely working. However, I think as soon as they come up against a well-drilled team and tactically-astute manager they'll drop points yet again. It may be against City, but that'll only be because City's squad is better than Leicester's. When do they play Tottenham? Because I'd bet my house on Mourinho shutting down Leicester and Rodgers. We'll have to get our tactics absolutely spot-on when we play them as well.

We will go there and win. 100% sure of it.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1568 on: December 8, 2019, 04:15:00 pm »
If anything could knock us off stride is losing Tuesday, not the trip to Qatar.

Yeah - this is a massive match.

A real banana skin as they score lots.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1569 on: December 8, 2019, 04:15:26 pm »
Leicester are a very good side but I think we match them stylistically. Confident of a win there as well.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: December 8, 2019, 04:17:30 pm »
Leicester are a very good side but I think we match them stylistically. Confident of a win there as well.

Agree. They will probably come out flying and with believe in themselves, but our players and managment knows how to handle these games

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1571 on: December 8, 2019, 04:20:20 pm »
We are better than Leicester and Klopp is a much better Manager than Rodgers.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #1572 on: December 8, 2019, 04:21:17 pm »
I've heard rivals say the same about us, it's rubbish. Their main advantage is a lack of Europe, they have just won 8 in a row and look in top form.

You are right with the Stat. But fuck em, we are also a force with our stats.

Nothing to fear with them, all down to us!

I do believe we can cope with everything ahead of us.

Online latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: December 8, 2019, 04:22:51 pm »
I don't think they'll be near us come the end of the season but Rodgers is doing great there. No-one could have saw them winning 8 games on the bounce, regardless of their fixture list.

Rodgers is a great coach, top 3 coach in the league for sure. Happy he's proving it after it went to shit here. Although obviously early days, you can't and shouldn't downplay the impact he's had there. It's been remarkable.

Yep.

I imagine some of those who deny his success with Leicester so far have a personal agenda against him from his time here - which I don't really get.  But each to their own.

What does Buddha say, holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.  Let it go.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: December 8, 2019, 04:25:00 pm »
If Leicester beat City and us then they may be a threat, two draws would suit us nicely though
If they do that and then win on the 28th I think they would go top with us still to play, and a game in hand.
My maths might be wrong, my point is that would another 5 wins on top of what is already a record 8 wins for them, merely to have the opportunity to try and match us for the 2nd half of the season, although that still wouldn't quite be enough, due to our games in hand.
Essentially they might need to win 20+ games in a row.

I'm probably wrong on some of the details.

I think we will beat them on Boxing Day anyway.
 ;)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: December 8, 2019, 04:27:37 pm »
Yep.

I imagine some of those who deny his success with Leicester so far have a personal agenda against him from his time here - which I don't really get.  But each to their own.

What does Buddha say, holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.  Let it go.
I have this “personal agenda” thing being mentioned ever so frequently. May I know what is this “personal agenda”?
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1576 on: December 8, 2019, 04:31:20 pm »
Yep.

Can you explain why people would hold a grudge against him please?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1577 on: December 8, 2019, 04:31:59 pm »
His teeth.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: December 8, 2019, 04:33:04 pm »
No need for Wolves to wear an away kit here.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: December 8, 2019, 04:36:01 pm »

Leicester are an average side and we hammer them stylistically (no idea what you're on about)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: December 8, 2019, 04:45:00 pm »
Everyone wanking over Leicester, yet this amazing side is 8 pts behind us having dropped 10 pts already while we are once again on a winning run (7 on the bounce), cruising in games and playing in the CL.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: December 8, 2019, 04:48:07 pm »
Everyone wanking over Leicester, yet this amazing side is 8 pts behind us having dropped 10 pts already while we are once again on a winning run (7 on the bounce), cruising in games and playing in the CL.

They aren't amazing, they're okay, same as they were when they won the league. They are extremely annoying and getting far too cocky, need someone to step up and beat them soon as, shouldn't be that difficult.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: December 8, 2019, 04:49:42 pm »
They're an influshable turd. Hopefully they'll be flushed on Boxing Day.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: December 8, 2019, 04:58:57 pm »
Lovely goal from Wolves.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: December 8, 2019, 05:00:27 pm »
Mad if wolves and leicester got top 4 this season and city missed out

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1585 on: December 8, 2019, 05:00:30 pm »
No one can explain it mate,it was fucking bizarre from the first minute. The picture at his house.The Ego. Him taking over from Kenny. The shite on twitter. His jackets. The envelopes.  The black suits. Him leaving his wife. Throwing Colin under a bus.

Anything went with him and it was fucking stupid.

I basically put it down to him taking over from kenny and the nob eds being angry he got the job over rafa

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1586 on: December 8, 2019, 05:02:27 pm »
People are fucking crackers arent they mate

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1587 on: December 8, 2019, 05:03:13 pm »
Mad if wolves and leicester got top 4 this season and city missed out

City won't miss out

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: December 8, 2019, 05:04:26 pm »
Brighton looking very timid and tame,Wolves look like the home team here

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1589 on: December 8, 2019, 05:04:34 pm »
Lovely finish that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: December 8, 2019, 05:04:38 pm »
What the hell was patricio doing there??

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: December 8, 2019, 05:04:39 pm »

Only rational, non-personal, explanation I can think of is his approach to the CL? Just a suggestion, I dont have anything against him

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: December 8, 2019, 05:04:40 pm »
Wow...

Goal that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1593 on: December 8, 2019, 05:04:40 pm »
I think Jiminez is a cracking player, wouldn’t happen probably but could he be a Bobby understudy.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: December 8, 2019, 05:05:22 pm »
Great finish.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: December 8, 2019, 05:05:53 pm »
I think Jiminez is a cracking player, wouldn’t happen probably but could he be a Bobby understudy.

Yeah, rate him

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: December 8, 2019, 05:06:12 pm »
Sideways eyes emoji
W

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: December 8, 2019, 05:06:13 pm »
That’s a bit mad

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: December 8, 2019, 05:08:18 pm »

Being 8 points behind us in the form we're in is pretty amazing though, they're on course for a 90 point season.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1599 on: December 8, 2019, 05:10:53 pm »
If Graham Potter called round to service my boiler (no euphemism), I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Doesn’t look like a Premier League manager but seems to be doing a decent job.