Author Topic: Southampton  (Read 63601 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Southampton
« Reply #360 on: April 5, 2019, 10:19:52 pm »
What a team Southampton would have if they hadn’t had sell great players over the last deacde or so, dare I say moneyball recruitment.

And yet here they are, playing Rocky Dennis.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #361 on: April 5, 2019, 10:26:13 pm »
Play shit music and have a lights show. Shithouse.
AHA!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #362 on: April 5, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »
They played the roses and the happy Monday’s ..... not too bad!

Their manager spoke well at the end of the game.  They will do fine next season as long as they stay up.

Tight for money, but they pave got the basis of a good team from that performance.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: April 6, 2019, 12:55:04 am »
They played the roses and the happy Monday’s ..... not too bad!

Their manager spoke well at the end of the game.  They will do fine next season as long as they stay up.

Tight for money, but they pave got the basis of a good team from that performance.

Especially if they can keep Ings fit for a large part of the season.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #364 on: April 6, 2019, 02:52:47 am »
The instrumental to Nas - "Hate me Now" will never be shit music.

Set to the back drop of football, maybe, that you can't seem to get find the instrumental to purchase, then potentially yes, I would agree.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #365 on: April 6, 2019, 08:01:22 am »
Isn't that Led Zepellin ?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 6, 2019, 08:09:01 am »
Isn't that Led Zepellin ?

No that is Puff Daddys collaboration with Jimmy Page Come with Me, which uses Kashmir. That NAS instrumental is from some opera.

I'm glad Southampton are getting decent, one more team to push the bitters nearer to relegation next season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #367 on: April 6, 2019, 10:14:13 am »
How are refs so bad at dealing with time wasting? Anyone could see what Bertrand was up to as soon as they'd scored. He even got warned for it early in the 1st half, which shows just how much he was at it. He then got warned again in the 2nd half, before eventually picking up a yellow for it just before we scored. It could've been dealt with so easily because it was just so ridiculously obvious what he was doing during the 1st half, get the fucker booked there and then, it then puts an end to it.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #368 on: April 6, 2019, 11:45:11 am »
How are refs so bad at dealing with time wasting? Anyone could see what Bertrand was up to as soon as they'd scored. He even got warned for it early in the 1st half, which shows just how much he was at it. He then got warned again in the 2nd half, before eventually picking up a yellow for it just before we scored. It could've been dealt with so easily because it was just so ridiculously obvious what he was doing during the 1st half, get the fucker booked there and then, it then puts an end to it.
Yep, it's probably the thing that winds me up most atm. The way they refuse to book a goalie till it's past the 80th minute and completely pointless is the worst.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #369 on: April 6, 2019, 12:02:34 pm »

Mate he warned him FIVE times before booking him. He even went across on the third occasion to talk to him before waiting another 2 to bring the card out. It was appalling.

Anyway. Shitty little club with small time fans chanting "City, City, City" at us as we came out. Hope they go down.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: April 6, 2019, 12:07:14 pm »

About 75% of his throw ins were foul throws as well. Held the ball above his head, and basically dropped it but with a flick of the fingers to propel it about 2m to a team mate.  Officials were not interested in the slightest.  It might be a minor quibble, but it such an easy thing to call players up on, refs just seem to think it’s only a throw in and it would be “picky” to call professional on it.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 6, 2019, 01:29:55 pm »
The instrumental to Nas - "Hate me Now" will never be shit music.

That's a classic track think they play at it ever home game too, I can heard it before.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: April 6, 2019, 01:35:43 pm »

Time wasting is somewhat annoying but something all teams do I mean when the circumstances are right we would expect our players do the same. 
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #373 on: April 6, 2019, 01:49:08 pm »
Mate he warned him FIVE times before booking him. He even went across on the third occasion to talk to him before waiting another 2 to bring the card out. It was appalling.

Anyway. Shitty little club with small time fans chanting "City, City, City" at us as we came out. Hope they go down.

Absolutely,read some comments on their forum at the time we first approached them about signing Virgil that were unacceptable and imo went way beyond the understandable anger at us signing many of their best players.

I hope they go down,if i'm petty because of that so be it.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 6, 2019, 02:06:29 pm »
They have received nearly £350m in transfers in 5 seasons and still have Shane Long up front.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 6, 2019, 02:13:09 pm »
Time wasting is somewhat annoying but something all teams do I mean when the circumstances are right we would expect our players do the same.

Nothing wrong with the players trying to get away with it, but the refs should be stopping them and/or punishing them for it.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #376 on: April 6, 2019, 02:19:47 pm »
I've always quite liked Southampton (probably because we've had some decent results there recently), but always forget how small-time their fans are. Can't believe they're still doing the 'you're shit, aaahhh' whenever the opposition keeper takes a goal kick.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #377 on: April 6, 2019, 02:23:20 pm »
Imagine going to a car collector buying cars off them for so much it basically keeps them in busines then going round their house and they swear and spit at you wishing your business the worst luck

Only Football works this way
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 6, 2019, 03:34:20 pm »

I wish they'd start getting draconian about it. Yesterday was bad but Speroni at Anfield is the worst I've seen, right from minute one but you just knew that the ref wouldn't do anything until late in the second half. To be honest, I'd want them book someone like Lucas Moura last week as well. First few minutes and free kick to us deep in our half and he's took the piss about 2/3 times before he moved away. Players would soon cut it out.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: April 6, 2019, 03:41:02 pm »
Imagine going to a car collector buying cars off them for so much it basically keeps them in busines then going round their house and they swear and spit at you wishing your business the worst luck

Only Football works this way

Wow that’s a piss poor analogy.

You expect them to doth their caps in gratitude as we buy the best players time and time again.

It is slightly tedious all the hate we’re getting from “neutral” fans, but I’d put Southampton just behind Utd and Everton in having every reason to want to see us fail...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 6, 2019, 03:54:55 pm »

You expect them to doth their caps in gratitude as we buy the best players time and time again.

It is slightly tedious all the hate we’re getting from “neutral” fans, but I’d put Southampton just behind Utd and Everton in having every reason to want to see us fail...

Agree with that, the team they could have had if we hadn't taken so many cracking players off them.

to be honest, I don't think they've ever liked us anyway, maybe it is the amount of Scousers living down there coupled with the anti Scouse/Liverpool shit in the media and from the Govt that has bred the hatred.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #381 on: April 6, 2019, 03:59:36 pm »
They have received nearly £350m in transfers in 5 seasons and still have Shane Long up front.

:o ;D
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #382 on: April 6, 2019, 04:02:42 pm »
Agree with that, the team they could have had if we hadn't taken so many cracking players off them.

to be honest, I don't think they've ever liked us anyway, maybe it is the amount of Scousers living down there coupled with the anti Scouse/Liverpool shit in the media and from the Govt that has bred the hatred.

We didn’t sign anyone for free to be fair

They’ve had near enough £200 million off us over the last 5 odd years, just reinvested it appallingly
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #383 on: April 6, 2019, 04:04:13 pm »

They would never have had all those players play together for them.

The only reason they were able to buy new players was because they sold before that.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 6, 2019, 05:09:09 pm »
Think it's tall poppy syndrome myself; we're a huge club so lots want to see us fail. Remember in 2012 when every neutral was willing United to fail against City in that title race? The Sunderland fans were chanting "City" at United during the last game and went wild when Aguero scored. It'd be the same this time if United were in our shoes. City just don't evoke those feelings because frankly they don't have many fans not from their local area.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 6, 2019, 06:03:53 pm »
They would never have had all those players play together for them.

The only reason they were able to buy new players was because they sold before that.

In their minds they would have been

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 6, 2019, 06:17:02 pm »
Ward-Prowse please...and maybe Bertrand to back up Robbo.

Quite liked the music before the game...would never have expected them to use that song.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #387 on: April 6, 2019, 06:17:22 pm »

When I was in Barbados there was a couple from Southampton. The fella said ''If you see your boss, ask him to stop buying all our players.''
I said that I knew where he lived, so I'd pop round and tell him.  :)

I've not come across their fans much, but I remember them acting like dickheads as far back as the 1976 Charity Shield at Wembley.
When I finally got a steam for yesterday's game I thought I'd picked up a match at Goodison initially due to the amount of booing going on.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 6, 2019, 06:57:04 pm »
Incredibly small time last night, but then again, we've signed how many of their players over the years?, there's gonna be some animosity there.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #389 on: April 6, 2019, 07:06:33 pm »
No that is Puff Daddys collaboration with Jimmy Page Come with Me, which uses Kashmir. That NAS instrumental is from some opera.

I'm glad Southampton are getting decent, one more team to push the bitters nearer to relegation next season.

Not quite, it's this https://youtu.be/GXFSK0ogeg4
And in short, I was afraid

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #390 on: April 6, 2019, 07:13:08 pm »

Why ?

You seem to ignore, like their fans, the £200m we’ve give them. That sort of money to a club like that is ridiculous 

Those players were too good for them.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2019, 07:38:51 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #391 on: April 6, 2019, 07:20:12 pm »
Last night they were like a League 2 club in a televised 3rd round tie, plastic flags to boot.  Now, back in your box, ya small time joke club.  The reason you lose your best players to us is because you're nowhere near our level. 
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: April 6, 2019, 07:34:49 pm »
Not quite, it's this https://youtu.be/GXFSK0ogeg4

I did know that, just didn't want to show off too much ;)  It's in my music with a few others like Grieg, Wagner, Beethoven

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: April 6, 2019, 08:43:25 pm »
Yeah but who is out there you can pay 350M and replace Shane Long? I can’t think of many.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #394 on: April 6, 2019, 09:17:04 pm »

Yes but a) would they have gotten Van Dijk if we didn't sign Lovren, or Mané if we didn't sign Lallana? And b) if we didn't sign them, one of the other top 6 would. Southampton isn't different from any other mid-table side, who losses their top prospects as soon as they get good. Everton is a prime example of that. Hell, we were quite a good example until recently. And everytime Barcelona or Real are linked with one of our players, I may get pissed but I don't got a true hatred for them, at least not for those reasons.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: April 6, 2019, 09:27:11 pm »
Agree about their fans being small time.  One of my best mates is a Saints fan (he's sound, I should point out) so I've been to a few games at St Marys with him.  Every song they have seems to reference Portsmouth somehow.  Oh, and they're all shit.  Comparing our song for Virgil to theirs, it's no wonder he was so happy to come here.....

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #396 on: April 6, 2019, 09:41:47 pm »

They wouldn't have those players to sell if they didn't sell their stars in the first place.

2014/15 they sold us Lallana and Lovren (and Lambert)for around 55M€ and bought Mané for just short of 21M€
2015/16 they sold us Clyne for 16M€ and bought Van Dijk for 14M€
2016/17 they sold us Mané for 37M€ and bought dross
2017/18 they sold us Van Dijk for 76M€ and bought dross again

2014/16 they also got 65M€ for Shaw and Schneiderlin from manu, are they hostile towards them too?

Figures from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/alletransfers/verein/180

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: April 7, 2019, 03:46:23 am »
I did know that, just didn't want to show off too much ;)  It's in my music with a few others like Grieg, Wagner, Beethoven

I love some Carmina Burana and they can play it all of the way down to Championship-League 1-League 2-Conference if they like  :)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2019, 03:52:49 am by Tobelius »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2019, 02:51:44 pm »
Ralph Krueger has left Southampton. No surprise there given he was Katharina Liebherr's hire. Sounds like their vice chairman is frontrunner to replace him with a new DoF as the main priority. Wouldn't surprise me if Krueger is back in hockey in an executive (or more likely a front office) role by the summer
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17569367.southampton-part-company-with-chairman-ralph-krueger/

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #399 on: April 12, 2019, 06:34:49 pm »
I just want to state that I love Ralph Krueger. He's on the same level as Rafa for me. He has given me the best experience ever in ice-hockey when he won the European Hockey League with my hometown club. Same as Rafa in Istanbul, Krueger took a couple of average players with a couple of superstars and got them to win one of the biggest trophies around. The final four tournament was held in my hometown and I got to watch all the games. The final was just insane. The stadium had a capacity of 5000 or so, but there were easily 7000 to 8000 people there and it was just madness after the win.