Author Topic: FA cup tickets stolen.  (Read 104686 times)

Offline superste21

• Legacy Fan
  • The beautiful game!
Re: FA cup tickets stolen.
« Reply #200 on: May 8, 2006, 10:06:06 pm »
reckon most with stolen tickets will get in to be honest. going to be so hard to work out which are which
Traore gives me the shits!

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #201 on: May 8, 2006, 10:09:49 pm »
Sorry I have to say this but been thinking about coversation I had with TO today
my tickets are not stolen but the girl could not confirm if they were posted to call on Wed. if I
did not get them I told her Wed might be too late as I'm across the Irish sea and I might not have them in time she told me well there is nothing she can do...

Ok this is what gets me >

Given the fact they were purchased last Thursday which is plenty of time to get them across
Given the fact I paid extra for peace of mind that they would be traceable
Given the fact that there are no duplicates to be issued by the FA

How can someone say to me "well theres nothing we can do"
Its not me who has responsability to post tickets 3 days after purchasing

I always try to give the benefit and leeway but certain circumstances like this were there are no
duplicates etc......its a JOKE

ffs get the fucking tickets into a post box when they are purchased!! and for all you
leave the ticket office alone bouncers fuck right off...

I will be back onto them tomorrow and this time they will be exactly locating were the tickets are no way am I taking oh I can't tell you or we are busy or call back it not good enough.

In the business environment I come from "the fucking customer is always right"
So pissed the more I think of it "what can we do"
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline barcaroma

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: May 8, 2006, 10:18:46 pm »
I knew there was no way the cup final selling arrangements would go smoothly.  I went out of my way to spend 3 hours travelling to the ground and back on buses watchin smackheads try to rob the CCTV camera off the back of the bus just so I could have the ticket in my hand.

I don't trust LFC to get it right and I don't trust Royal Mail even with Special Delivery envelopes.

Once I saw the "No Duplicates will be issued" there was no point even considering online or phone.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #203 on: May 8, 2006, 10:21:18 pm »
Try going to your ticket history on the Fancard part of the site,print out your purchase details (which will show seat numbers etc) so if somebody is in your seat then you have the extra evidence to back up your claim .

Bllody ell AJ a super grass ;)
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 8, 2006, 10:27:59 pm »
Bllody ell AJ a super grass ;)
:lmao I knew there was a reason I didn't reply to what he said ;).

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 8, 2006, 11:37:06 pm »
Haven't heard from ticket office. Ordered Thursday. They did this with CL final last year, didn't post them out for ages so was stressing. Just wish they would post all tickets out at close of business every day save a lot of worrying. If I don't receive tomorrow will get in touch.

As for the prospect of someone being in my seat. If they are, I will tell them politely, but in no uncertain terms, to fuck off sharpish and stand at the back or whatever. I wouldn't grass them and kick them out. However if they refuse to leave MY seat I might not be so friendly and hospitable towards them, to put it mildly......

Offline Mark_P

• Stupid fucking little gosbite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 8, 2006, 11:45:37 pm »
Haven't heard from ticket office. Ordered Thursday. They did this with CL final last year, didn't post them out for ages so was stressing. Just wish they would post all tickets out at close of business every day save a lot of worrying. If I don't receive tomorrow will get in touch.

As for the prospect of someone being in my seat. If they are, I will tell them politely, but in no uncertain terms, to fuck off sharpish and stand at the back or whatever. I wouldn't grass them and kick them out. However if they refuse to leave MY seat I might not be so friendly and hospitable towards them, to put it mildly......
And if that doesn't scare people from buying robbed tickets, I don't know what will ! ;)
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 8, 2006, 11:59:39 pm »
And if that doesn't scare people from buying robbed tickets, I don't know what will ! ;)
Most people have said/are thinkin the same.

Sad thing is it will probably be some unlucky bastard who has been conned out of 400/500 sheets for it. So gettin them kicked out would be a last resort. But if they are wankers what else can you do?

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 9, 2006, 12:36:06 am »
Try going to your ticket history on the Fancard part of the site,print out your purchase details (which will show seat numbers etc) so if somebody is in your seat then you have the extra evidence to back up your claim .

or just produce your fancard, as your name and number is on the ticket

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #209 on: May 9, 2006, 12:45:47 am »
I feel sorry for the TO because they are in one hell of a situation. They cant print dupes and have 1500 people go into the ground and be evicted. Equally, if I was a steward, I would not be happy kicking out people who have bought stolen tickets. I know its all part and parcel, but on this scale?? I cant imagine the Police would be happy with people en-masse entering the stadium who would then be evicted. In such numbers surely its a safety hazard to be evicting people from the ground down the same stairs that people are coming up?

Plus, do the stewards have to march each individual with a nicked ticket to the exit? Thats a fair few stewards needed just to sort this ticket issue out. There will be hundreds of them working non stop just to kick out people with dodgy tickets.

Another idea would be to screen tickets and cordon off the ground. Turn people away / inspect them away from the ground to minimise problems, but do it 100m away from the ground itself.

A massive headache involving South Wales police, the FA, LFC and the stewards and the milennium stadium too. 4 days and counting.......
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #210 on: May 9, 2006, 07:47:29 am »
I feel sorry for the TO because they are in one hell of a situation. They cant print dupes and have 1500 people go into the ground and be evicted. Equally, if I was a steward, I would not be happy kicking out people who have bought stolen tickets. I know its all part and parcel, but on this scale?? I cant imagine the Police would be happy with people en-masse entering the stadium who would then be evicted. In such numbers surely its a safety hazard to be evicting people from the ground down the same stairs that people are coming up?

Plus, do the stewards have to march each individual with a nicked ticket to the exit? Thats a fair few stewards needed just to sort this ticket issue out. There will be hundreds of them working non stop just to kick out people with dodgy tickets.

Another idea would be to screen tickets and cordon off the ground. Turn people away / inspect them away from the ground to minimize problems, but do it 100m away from the ground itself.

A massive headache involving South Wales police, the FA, LFC and the stewards and the millennium stadium too. 4 days and counting.......

Considering the publicity it is getting on most major forums if someone buys a ticket off a tout
now and spends stupid money they are very stupid people but knowing the blind passion following this club theres no doubt it is going to happen.

As for feeling sorry for the TO well it's unfortunate that they have to deal with this unforeseen problem but most company's have to do this on a weekly basis and do it very effectively alas there is
the difference effectively managing.

There are people who bought tickets as far back as last Wed. who have not had their tickets stolen and their tickets are still at the TO waiting to be posted. Now considering that no spares are available it would be wise to get them into the postal system straight away its not rocket science then really is it?
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: May 9, 2006, 08:44:21 am »
Are they going to publicise the numbers of the stolen tickets?
YNWA

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #212 on: May 9, 2006, 09:00:22 am »
I think a stolen ticket would be pretty safe. Reason I think that is because for the stewards to kick out all of the fans that have them would just be a major task. Wouldnt suprise me if they turned a blind eye to it for safety reasons.
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 9, 2006, 09:04:49 am »
TOUT...lol
YNWA

Offline edinburghred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: May 9, 2006, 09:13:38 am »
just signed for my ticket off the postie, worrying over for me, ordered my ticket last wed online, thank f**k

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #215 on: May 9, 2006, 09:20:25 am »
Are they going to publicise the numbers of the stolen tickets?

they should, where the fuck do they think the other half of our fan base will get their tickets if not the black market.
At least if they advise what section the stolen ones are in, we can avoid buying them
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #216 on: May 9, 2006, 09:21:59 am »
just signed for my ticket off the postie, worrying over for me, ordered my ticket last wed online, thank f**k

Nice one mate. Was getting worried for you for a bit there. Still beats sitting looking at the phone all day willing it to ring.
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline AdamBrunt

• Dominated By His TV Missus
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 9, 2006, 09:22:52 am »

As liamo3 says ... don't you think it is worrying that this means that something you ordered nearly a week ago wasn't actually posted out until yesterday ??

Offline edinburghred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: May 9, 2006, 09:33:26 am »
yep defenately, when I paid for the special delivery, I thought it would be a next day thing or as soon as the tickets were processed(which in my case was thursday), I personally think the club should be making more of an effort to let fans know whats going on, thats just my opinion anyway, hopefully as mentioned above they will let fans know which ones are stolen soon and also something can be done so that fans are not going to get riped off when they go down there.

Offline edinburghred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #219 on: May 9, 2006, 09:35:58 am »
Nice one mate. Was getting worried for you for a bit there. Still beats sitting looking at the phone all day willing it to ring.

hopefully you`ll hear somthing today mate

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 9, 2006, 09:42:11 am »
hopefully as mentioned above they will let fans know which ones are stolen soon and also something can be done so that fans are not going to get riped off when they go down there.

Personally I don't see how/why the club can do to stop fans being ripped off ?? If you mug enough to pay 4x the face value from a clearly unofficial source (ie tout) then you deserve everything you get - and given this site's policy on touts/touting I don't think I am alone in this.

However, for those fans who ordered their tickets legitimately last week and still haven't received them yet either because they were nicked or not even posted out ( yet ??) - then that is a completely different kettle of fish and the club should be bending over backwards for them.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 9, 2006, 09:52:00 am »
I ordered a ticket online last wednesday which still hasn't arrived.  How the hell are the ballot tickets gonna get sent in time.

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 9, 2006, 09:58:16 am »
I ordered a ticket online last wednesday which still hasn't arrived.

Same here - and the postie has been and gone today :(

I have also had no response from the TO yet as to whether my ticket was one of the stolen ones.

Given that I have to leave my house on Friday before the postie arrives and am going straight to Cardiff on Friday night .... if this is not sorted out today I am screwed !!!
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 10:04:30 am by AdamBrunt »

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 9, 2006, 10:00:53 am »
Why? You still have thursday.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 9, 2006, 10:05:48 am »

I have also had no response from the TO yet as to whether my ticket was one of the stolen ones.

Given that I have to leave my house on Friday before the postie arrives and am going straight to Cardiff on Friday night .... if this is not sorted out today I am screwed !!!
nothing like a bit of optimism in the morning!
considering you haven't been contacted then i expect it wasn't a stolen one.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 9, 2006, 10:06:05 am »

Given that I am have to leave my house on Friday before the postie arrives and am going straight to Cardiff on Friday night .... if this is not sorted out today I am screwed !!!

Ring them up.  I did. I got a response saying that all stolen ticket holders would be informed in time.  I said I'd ordered the ticket on behalf of a mate who was on holiday and she 'reluctantly' checked the list.  She told me the ticket wasn't on the list but couldn't tell me when it would arrive.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 9, 2006, 10:07:08 am »
Ring them up.  I did. I got a response saying that all stolen ticket holders would be informed in time.  I said I'd ordered the ticket on behalf of a mate who was on holiday and she 'reluctantly' checked the list.  She told me the ticket wasn't on the list but couldn't tell me when it would arrive.
don't everybody just ring them up, i am sure they are busy enough without busybodys ringing up every 5 minutes checking if their tickets were stolen

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
« Reply #227 on: May 9, 2006, 10:07:12 am »
Mine just arrived today, ordered last Wednesday
Da Dang

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 9, 2006, 10:09:06 am »
Why? You still have thursday.

That is true if my ticket is already on it's way - if it isn't, then the chances of it turning up tomorrow are IMO extremely slim :(

And if it doesn't turn up (or turns up on Friday) - how do I prove to the TO I didn't go because they stuffed up (and they owe me £70) rather than I had a ticket and just didn't fancy going ??

Offline AJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: May 9, 2006, 10:11:57 am »
Leave a key under the plant pot and I'll get it for you.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 9, 2006, 10:20:39 am »
That is true if my ticket is already on it's way - if it isn't, then the chances of it turning up tomorrow are IMO extremely slim :(

And if it doesn't turn up (or turns up on Friday) - how do I prove to the TO I didn't go because they stuffed up (and they owe me £70) rather than I had a ticket and just didn't fancy going ??
why speculate mate. if it turns up today, tomorrow or thursday then you are sorted, no? your chances are MUCH greater than slim

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #231 on: May 9, 2006, 10:20:55 am »

I'm now in the same situation, if they don't arrive Thursday I'm goosed, go to work 06.00 Friday and setting off to Cardiff Friday evening, hotel and train tickets booked and paid for.

Just realised its only Tuesday, Im thinking it Wednesday and was starting to panic.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 10:29:16 am by fy7reds »

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #232 on: May 9, 2006, 10:21:14 am »
Personally I don't see how/why the club can do to stop fans being ripped off ?? If you mug enough to pay 4x the face value from a clearly unofficial source (ie tout) then you deserve everything you get - and given this site's policy on touts/touting I don't think I am alone in this.

Well the club can do a lot if it applies itself.  It already knows which tickets have been stolen.  It can pay for adverts in all the national newspapers.  It can get airtime on national radio and TV news.  It can print posters and get them put up round Cardiff City Centre.

There's been sod all publicity on this.   Bear in mind up until yesterday loads of us thought it was a hoax.  Not all LFC fans live in Liverpool or have access to LFC sites, and there must be plenty who are unaware of the situation.

OK.  You can call people who buy from touts mugs.  But they are also decent people who are desperate to see the game.   I've bought from touts many years ago when I had no alternative other than to miss the game.   My mates have, for the same reason.   

I think the club can and should, do a lot more other than just say "Don't", because they know damn well people will. 

And if the best part of 1,600 extra people get into the stadium there are going to be significant safety issues, so every effort should be made to prevent tout sales for that reason, if for no other.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 9, 2006, 10:42:02 am »
don't everybody just ring them up, i am sure they are busy enough without busybodys ringing up every 5 minutes checking if their tickets were stolen

Er, why would you ring up every 5 minutes.  You only need to know once if your ticket has been stolen.  Its not unreasonable to ask where your ticket is six days after the purchase.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 9, 2006, 10:52:50 am »
Er, why would you ring up every 5 minutes.   You only need to know once if your ticket has been stolen.
you wouldnt, but if everyone convinces themselves it is bound to be their tickets then take it from me, a lot of people will call up. only the once, but you get what i am saying
Its not unreasonable to ask where your ticket is six days after the purchase.
completely agree there mate, baffles me why they don't dispatch them on the date of sale, but phoning up asking won't change anything. hopefully they wont do this again. also phoning regarding the theft is just going to increase the burden on the TO, and is as pointless as phoning up asking if yours have been dispatched. as far as i am aware the ones whose tickets were stolen are being contacted.

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 9, 2006, 10:53:36 am »
why speculate mate. if it turns up today, tomorrow or thursday then you are sorted, no? your chances are MUCH greater than slim

and if it doesn't turn up on Thursday then what do you do ?? No ticket - and no time to do anything about it. The fact is, even with the stolen tickets issue, there are tickets which were ordered (and paid for) last Wednesday which were not stolen but which still haven't arrived 6/7 days later. For some, this was because the tickets weren't actually sent out until yesterday ??

like fy7red I was sure it was Wednesday today ... however, it hasn't turned up today (the postie had been and gone before I left for work today) and as I said earlier if it isn't already in the post then if the TO don't sort it out today it won't arrive in time IMO.

No doubt there'll be some on here who would say it was my fault for leaving for Cardiff the night before .... somehow condoning the TO for letting a ticket - sent via next day delivery (according to the Royal Mail) - which was ordered last Wednesday still not arrive a week later !!!
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 11:02:05 am by AdamBrunt »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 9, 2006, 11:07:48 am »

No doubt there'll be some on here who would say it was my fault for leaving for Cardiff the night before .... somehow condoning the TO for letting a ticket - sent via next day delivery (according to the Royal Mail) - which was ordered last Wednesday still not arrive a week later !!!
not at all mate. look, all i am saying is that if everyone takes it upon themselves to call the TO about their individual tickets, noone gains anythng. A lot were sent out yesterday by all accounts, and you'd hope and expect most to be sent by today, to reach those who will travel before the matchday comfortably. heres hoping

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: May 9, 2006, 11:13:49 am »
A lot were sent out yesterday by all accounts, and you'd hope and expect most to be sent by today

But that's my point really .... why was a ticket ordered last Wednesday (for next day delivery) not actually sent until yesterday/today ?

Admittedly at least tickets sent since Sunday means they weren't in the lot nicked on Friday but that is beside the point.

It is completely off for the TO to tell fans that their tickets will sent secure/registered (which in turn means next day delivery) when they don't even get posted for another 3 business days !!! Any hassle the TO are getting because of this is their own fault.

Offline killer1971

• Kemlynite
« Reply #238 on: May 9, 2006, 11:17:08 am »
It is completely off for the TO to tell fans that their tickets will sent secure/registered (which in turn means next day delivery) when they don't even get posted for another 3 business days !!! Any hassle the TO are getting because of this is their own fault.

Spot on. The TO are bunch a f**kin' amateurs, always have been, always will be.

Offline themule

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 9, 2006, 11:46:40 am »
Tickets WILL NOT be replaced by Millennium. Just been sent a press release to that affect.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 11:48:23 am by themule »