Author Topic: FIFA wants a World Cup every two years  (Read 9686 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA wants a World Cup every two years
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2022, 02:47:32 pm »
Fifa president: more World Cups could save African migrants from death in the sea

Gianni Infantino makes remarks to Council of Europe assembly
Outrage at comments related to biennial World Cup plan

The president of Fifa, Gianni Infantino, has said his plans for a World Cup every two years could stop African migrants from finding “death in the sea”, in an extraordinary address to European politicians.

Speaking at a session of the parliamentary assembly of the Council of Europe, a trans-national body dedicated to the support of human rights, Infantino said that countries outside Europe needed greater access to national football competitions to prevent drastic consequences.

Infantino was discussing his strategy known as the Future of Football, which to this point has concentrated on doubling the frequency of Fifa’s flagship competition.

He told the assembly: “This topic is not about whether we want a World Cup every two years, but about what do we want to do for the future of football.

“If we think about rest of world,” he continued, “and the vast majority of Europe, then we have to think about what football brings. Football is about opportunity, about hope, about the national teams. We cannot say to the rest of world give us your money, but watch us on TV. We need to include them.

“We need to find ways to include the whole world to give hope to Africans so that they don’t need to cross the Mediterranean in order to find maybe a better life but, more probably, death in the sea.

“We need to give opportunities, to give dignity. Not by charity but by allowing the rest of the world to participate. Maybe the World Cup every two years is not the answer. We discuss it.”

The Future of Football project, led by the former Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, has been widely rejected by European football and its political organisations. Infantino was speaking after the British politician Lord Foulkes had presented a report on football reform, which specifically questioned “the advisability” of the biennial World Cup plan.

Infantino’s remarks provoked immediate outrage. Ronan Evain, the chief executive of Football Supporters Europe, tweeted: “How low can Infantino go? Instrumentalising death in the Mediterranean to sell his megalomaniac plan is beyond words.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/26/fifa-gianni-infantino-biennial-world-cup-could-save-african-migrants-from-death-in-the-sea

c*nt

good lord! tone deaf and almost despicable comments.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2022, 02:50:19 pm »
He's worse than Blatter.

Just like those last lyrics on that The Who song," Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss."
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2022, 02:55:07 pm »
wow, what a c*nt, send him on a raft in the pacific, dumb c*nt
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2022, 03:59:47 pm »
What a horrible piece of shit.

Absolutely desperate as the leader of all the money grabbers behind him also desperate for this to go ahead to line their pockets.

Sick as fuck.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2022, 04:40:03 pm »
Fifa president: more World Cups could save African migrants from death in the sea

Gianni Infantino makes remarks to Council of Europe assembly
Outrage at comments related to biennial World Cup plan

The president of Fifa, Gianni Infantino, has said his plans for a World Cup every two years could stop African migrants from finding “death in the sea”, in an extraordinary address to European politicians.

Speaking at a session of the parliamentary assembly of the Council of Europe, a trans-national body dedicated to the support of human rights, Infantino said that countries outside Europe needed greater access to national football competitions to prevent drastic consequences.

Infantino was discussing his strategy known as the Future of Football, which to this point has concentrated on doubling the frequency of Fifa’s flagship competition.

He told the assembly: “This topic is not about whether we want a World Cup every two years, but about what do we want to do for the future of football.

“If we think about rest of world,” he continued, “and the vast majority of Europe, then we have to think about what football brings. Football is about opportunity, about hope, about the national teams. We cannot say to the rest of world give us your money, but watch us on TV. We need to include them.

“We need to find ways to include the whole world to give hope to Africans so that they don’t need to cross the Mediterranean in order to find maybe a better life but, more probably, death in the sea.

“We need to give opportunities, to give dignity. Not by charity but by allowing the rest of the world to participate. Maybe the World Cup every two years is not the answer. We discuss it.”

The Future of Football project, led by the former Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, has been widely rejected by European football and its political organisations. Infantino was speaking after the British politician Lord Foulkes had presented a report on football reform, which specifically questioned “the advisability” of the biennial World Cup plan.

Infantino’s remarks provoked immediate outrage. Ronan Evain, the chief executive of Football Supporters Europe, tweeted: “How low can Infantino go? Instrumentalising death in the Mediterranean to sell his megalomaniac plan is beyond words.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/26/fifa-gianni-infantino-biennial-world-cup-could-save-african-migrants-from-death-in-the-sea

c*nt

What?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2022, 04:44:31 pm »
 :o :o
Just WOW!

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2022, 04:49:55 pm »
How much more money do these c*nts in expensive suits want?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2022, 04:50:20 pm »
Despicable bold brazen and corrupt thundercunt.

I'm finding top-level sport an increasing turn-off.

FIFA, the IOC etc. are just awful!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2022, 05:33:56 pm »
What an utter c*nt to suggest that more profits for fifa would help anyone besides fifa, considering the amount that host countries are starting to lose nowadays when hosting a world cup, you could make a better argument that abolishing the world cup entirely would be a net gain for the planet.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2022, 05:40:25 pm »
It seems you either need to be the leader of the US/UK or the head of FIFA to make comments like that and not have to immediately resign.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2022, 08:40:18 pm »
Must have found a yacht that they can't yet afford. It's ridiculous, they think they'll live forever with their money.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2022, 09:44:28 pm »

All of it.

Next it be every year with more useless international tournaments in between to bring them revenue,their FFAAS model,FIFA football as a service.

And Infantino will claim that'll solve every problem the world ever had or will have.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:52:23 pm by Tobelius »

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2022, 01:29:07 am »
Great idea, and maybe an annual world cup will halt climate change, not sure how but worth a try, yeah?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2022, 05:56:25 am »
Great idea, and maybe an annual world cup will halt climate change, not sure how but worth a try, yeah?
WC every month would cure cancer too

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2022, 06:32:58 am »
Everyone in FIFA knows this piece of shit is as bad as Blatter and Platini if not worse. I would bet my house he was active in all those bribery incidents and he got good chunk himself. Yet somehow he is the president and supposedly he is the face of new and clean step for FIFA. Good Lord, the sport people most love and follow is in the hands of these c*nts.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 06:34:43 am by elsewhere »

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2022, 06:33:39 am »
I think we've come to expect that sought of behaviour and language from Infantino over the years.

What's more questionable is why there are no reports of those sitting and listening to this not walking out.  Says just as much about those willing to listen to that garbage as it does about the slime ball saying it for me.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2022, 08:14:06 am »

Yeah, i find it extremely hypocritical the fact that football should save the world. In the last few years, they have loaded football with so much crap to the point that its back can't carry any weight anymore.

"Keep politics out of sports", but they are constantly making football the center of politics. Not the fans, but clueless people in suits, so called the fucking elite.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 08:15:50 am by Ravishing Rick Rude »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2022, 08:39:26 am »
Everyone in FIFA knows this piece of shit is as bad as Blatter and Platini if not worse. I would bet my house he was active in all those bribery incidents and he got good chunk himself. Yet somehow he is the president and supposedly he is the face of new and clean step for FIFA. Good Lord, the sport people most love and follow is in the hands of these c*nts.

Infantino runs FIFA with a capitalist mindset. Increase profits, constant growth (I.e. more games more competitions). It's all about the bottom line of revenue.

Blatter was actually about one member one vote and was more idealist than profit driven. He advised the Exco against Qatar before the vote. It was that decision to award them the cup that put the spotlight on FIFA because the other bidders (including USA) were made to look like mugs and lost money.

FIFA have always been corrupt though
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2022, 08:56:14 am »
It all comes down to money. FIFA wants more at club football's expense. Those opposing it are doing it to maintain their revenue streams.

It's just like UEFA and Sky's outrage when the Super League's creation was announced.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2022, 10:28:02 am »
What a c*nt of a man. Like FIFA are going to pump enough money into Africa to sort out all of the continents issues.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2022, 11:01:02 am »
How does he say that with a straight face?

Jesus effing christ. This is a new low for FIFA. Even by FIFA standards.

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2022, 12:15:14 pm »
As bad and corrupt as Blatter was, I'm beginning to see him as a Saddam Hussein figure - get rid of the bastard if you want but be wary of all the rats that'll crawl out the sewer. With Infantino/Wenger's madness and this Fifa v Uefa war we've got a bunch of cockroaches and termites scrapping over a dying donkey.