Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Media and Arts / Re: Only Fools and Horses...
« Last post by Nitramdorf on Today at 07:32:48 am »
Dont know if anyone has seen some of the making of shows but there was one where they said Grandad actually met Hitler as he was on tour in Germany in the 30s. Apparently it always played on his mind, wondering what if.
Media and Arts / Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Last post by Malaysian Kopite on Today at 07:29:03 am »
One of the best shots I've seen in wrestling:

https://twitter.com/Noahhskyy/status/1772419306791272540
thats a blast from the past. was it him who reported on our attempt to sign Mkhitaryan before he went to Dortmund? Or was it one of the other shaktar guys - Willian, or the one who went to china?

Think it was Alex Teixeira that went to China wasn’t it. Willian went to Chelsea over us. But yeah, he did report it and appears to be very much in the loop with Shakhtar goings on and has been for years.
The Boozer / Re: Struggling with depression
« Last post by Nitramdorf on Today at 07:27:18 am »
Thank you all. Am having today off as well, dont have to go back till Wednesday next.

Think I might buy myself an Easter egg.

Take care, everyone.
News and Current Affairs / Re: UK General Election 24/25?
« Last post by Yorkykopite on Today at 07:23:26 am »
I see the new MP for Rochdale has been telling the Russian media that Barack Obama was behind the recent terrorist attack in Moscow. It was a UK-USA hit job. It couldn't have been ISIS he says because violence is forbidden during Ramadan.

Well done Rochdale.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Women in line for pensions boost
« Last post by kavah on Today at 07:20:21 am »
Regarding the UK's demographics, the good news for the older generation ( the over 50s), is that there are decent numbers of 30-somethings to maintain the triple lock. Obviously those same millennials are fucked if you look down the chart).

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/united-kingdom/#:~:text=White%2087.2%25%2C%20Black%2FAfrican,3.7%25%20(2011%20est.)
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Saltashscouse on Today at 07:19:03 am »
Connections
Puzzle #291
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟩🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Saltashscouse on Today at 07:15:09 am »
Sugar on the Bone - Rival Sons
Sugar Sugar - The Archies
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by kavah on Today at 07:11:20 am »
What's the chances that, after a rest, Klopp takes the Germany job, then a few months later (after City’s multiple relegation) Pep takes the Spain job, or Brazil, or England (basically whichever country has the strongest squad to play Pepball)?
He's basically like a bit of stuff on Klopp’s shoe he cant get rid of.

That would be genuinely great, Spain or England best for the Euros (and the World cup), but probably the best place for Guardiola is Brazil (because they have loads more good players).
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Drinks Sangria on Today at 06:59:59 am »
It will get sorted. Trent is a clever lad and his representation will listen to other offers, but ultimately I fully expect we’ll make him our highest earner or near abouts and he’ll sign a three year extension, which means he’d be 28 at the end of the next contract and in a position to negotiate one more huge deal before the end of his career.

Players are savvier than ever and more than ever running their careers as a business in one sense and you can’t blame the lad. I think we’ll pay him a lot and that coupled with his love for the club will keep him here, but I’ll be mightily surprised if we see him tied down to a 4 or 5 year deal.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10