Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
"Virj was lukewarm".  What do you expect him to say?  ;D

;D
Anything positive, that was like a backhander compared to what you’d expect about an incoming fellow Dutch manager.

To be fair though he’s probably just fucked and fed up like most are after yesterday, also maybe being cautious about things with nothing confirmed.
Looks like there's a new 15000 poll out today from Survation that gives Labour a 21 point lead
The only reason Virg even gave an answer is because he’s Dutch and if it’s one thing we know about the Dutch, it’s that they don’t give a flying fuck.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by elkun on Today at 10:37:08 pm »
Lukaku is a seemingly good comparison for him. Good underlying numbers, scores goals wherever he goes, a threat - but just doesn’t look like the right fit for an elite team. He lacks finesse, composure - his touch isn’t great, his decision making is lacklustre. We’ve all watched top strikers.. Nunez isn’t one at the moment
I think this is the best comparison u can make. His style reminds me indeed of Lukaku. Good striker but never will make it at an elite club
All a bit mad this to be honest. Hadn't even heard of the guy up until yesterday now looks like it's nearly over the line. I will say though i don't like the fact he's talking about it before it's a done deal, doesn't show much respect to his present club.
The clubs are talking about a deal, though, so it's not like he's mouthing off. From what I gather, he's just saying the clubs are talking and he'd like the job. If the clubs weren't discussing it then I'd agree he was being disrespectful, but they are.
General Football and Sport / Re: The NHL Thread
« Last post by TipTopKop on Today at 10:34:17 pm »
RIP Bob Cole. Passed away aged 90.

For those who know, this was the Canadian broadcaster for the NHL 'Hockey Night in Canada' games.

An icon. Basically my Pat Summerall (NFL) but for hockey. His voice just embodied the sport he was commentating on.
Can Slots teams defend?  I've not heard much about that side of things.
I don't see why we can't spend money this summer if we can find the right players. Let's not forget we spent a pretty penny last summer. Half the PL clubs will have some spending constraints due to ffp so its not like we will just get outbid.

We will never go mad, but if we can find that no6 we will go for him.
The first manager who is coming into the job to take over a potentially title winning team since Souness, and he's relatively unknown. It feels like a massive hail mary for such a huge responsibility. He'll be expected to keep us in that top European bracket and competitive in an already competitive PL.

I'll miss Klopp but something completely new and different might be what the fans need. Slot has no former club baggage, unlike say Tuchel or Emery. But I still can't help getting Rodgers vibes. I hope the men in suits know what they're doing. It's kind of exciting and terrifying at the same time.

"Virj was lukewarm".  What do you expect him to say?  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10