Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Jookie on Today at 10:55:39 am »
I was devastated when Klopp announced his departure and I couldn’t understand it. I’m more accepting of it now though, the reasons he cited for quitting - that he was mentally and physically exhausted - have been increasingly reflected in our performances and his demeanour. He saw it coming and he told us such when externally he seemed rejuvenated. With that in mind, I think it is right for change.

Completely agree.

For Klopp, the person, it’s hard to argue based on the available information that leaving the job is the best thing. No-one would argue that isn’t the right thing given what Klopp has given the club.

From a purely sporting perspective, imo keeping Klopp to continue the development  of this team would be the ideal option.

Given the current set of results I think  there’ll be hints from some that think the change in manager might be the best thing from a purely sporting perspective. That we need some freshness in approach and tactics to get this team over the line.
Caicedo probably is what he is to be honest - a very athletic CM who’s decent defensively without being elite and pretty limited on the ball …. He’s a good solid PL CM.. there’s nothing really special about him apart from the price tag - if we wanted to buy the equivalent this summer we could pretty easily
Give us some names. I'm bored and fancy some YouTube scouting  :)
Big decision coming on him this summer.

New contract or sell?

Ideally we keep him, because losing good footballers is never a good thing. But there'll be lots of factors at play. His age, his salary demands, and what his potential suitors are prepared to pay to prise him from us.

Diaz deserves tremendous credit for being one of our only players to have improved in the second half of the season. His output has gone up and his performances have massively improved as well. He has shown heart and quality in abundance when it has been lacking in pretty much every other area of the pitch in the past 5-6 weeks.

Yet I still don't see a footballer connecting with other footballers often enough. He's a one-man wrecking ball of a left-side, but he doesn't connect the team in the way that Sadio Mane did for a number of years. Maybe if Diaz had peak Robertson and Gini Wijnaldum within his zone he would have shown more in this regard, but I'm not convinced.

Like Nunez, it all feels a bit boom or bust with Diaz. Too often it's bust because for all of the heart and the skill, the end product is lacking. For that reason, I don't think keeping him or selling him is a particularly massive decision to be honest. He's a very good footballer but a very replaceable one.
It's all about putting the pieces together. We put some of them together, gone forward, and finishing where we want to be for that. This summer we have to put more of them together, and season after probably even more. Hopefully with all that together we have a team winning the league

We had four big opponents this season in Everton, Arsenal, City and Man United and we have only won one of those 8 games. Having said that the margins were small but in the key moments we were not ruthless at either ends of the field.
It would cost a lot, but I wonder if Leon Bailey or Moussa Diaby are good options to buy. Quick, direct, offer goal scoring threats

Not sure either would really give us the numbers we require in front of goal but who knows, the same would have been said a thousand times on Salah and Mane.

Is the defensive midfielder market any different than it was this time a year ago? Pickings seemed slim then and it may be no different now. If the new manager plays 4231 what do we even need to go along side Alexis, and does Szoboszlai play number 10?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 10:53:01 am »
As the year drags on, I can’t help but be awed by how much the man has sacrificed for us. It’s obvious to me that he needed a rest this season, but he refused to leave on the sour note of last year.

Said that since the announcement. I think he'd had enough last season (the owners trying to sell the club on top of the shambles on the pitch) but stuck it out for another season because he didn't want to leave us in the lurch. He's got us back in the CL (nearly) and won another trophy.
Even with the signings can we really say we are as good as Arsenal and City? Honestly? Plus what we are likely to do is finish third but not very far off the top. For me, we have performed to our level this season.

It's all about putting the pieces together. We put some of them together, gone forward, and finishing where we want to be for that. This summer we have to put more of them together, and season after probably even more. Hopefully with all that together we have a team winning the league
It would cost a lot, but I wonder if Leon Bailey or Moussa Diaby are good options to buy. Quick, direct, offer goal scoring threats

We need to aim better and higher now.
News and Current Affairs / Re: UK General Election 24/25?
« Last post by Lisan Al Gaib on Today at 10:52:11 am »
When I started this thread, I remarked that I hoped we could have some policy discussion once parties laid their cards on the table. I also said I was hoping for rail renationalisation. Now it seems Labour have committed to that, as most franchises are due to expire inside the next five years.

It will be interesting to see how the Tories counter this proposal. No doubt they will first try to say privatisation has brought enormous benefit to British people. Once that gets laughed out of court, they will likely switch track and claim Labour is just copying their own proposals, which are more a natural evolution of privatisation based on the lessons learned, rather than actual nationalisation.

Should make for an intriguing back and forth.

Either that or we'll see all the train carriers be rewarded with extended contracts that take them into the 2030s
Interesting to feel other people's pulse on this one. Cheers for the reply.

I wasn't in the ground last night. I had a family meal booked in town. We saw the second half in the pub. Grim stuff.

It does feel like the end of an era. But a new dawn always follows. You know that as much as anyone. We'll all be back. Maybe we just all need a rest and a reset.

Indeed. Don't feel like going at all again this season, but I will be and still be backing the Reds.

I clapped the lads off yesterday and had a few agressive Everton stewards trying to push me out, but I fucked them off and clapped the team off the pitch.

The weird thing was that the Everton fans near me (I was near the divide) were having a go at the fans going out, but none of them had a go at me and a head steward fucked off the dickheads trying to get me to leave.

Always, always clap the team off. Win. Lose or Draw.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10