Author Topic: Golf Betting Thread  (Read 228490 times)

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
Re: Golf Betting Thread
« Reply #3760 on: July 22, 2017, 01:47:15 am »
poulter was 40/1 to go bogey free today

10/10 pars

(didnt do the bet)

Just as well :)
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #3761 on: July 23, 2017, 12:56:22 pm »
Paddy offered:

Spieth bogey free round @ 8/1 (Sky @ 13/2)
Spieth/Kopka/Kuchar all shoot 68 or less at 14/1 (Sky @ 7/2)

Again big prices in favour of Paddy for the golf.

Also stuck £5 on Spieth & Kuchar both going bogey free @ 66/1

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #3762 on: July 23, 2017, 03:21:52 pm »
Paddy offered:

Spieth bogey free round @ 8/1 (Sky @ 13/2)
Spieth/Kopka/Kuchar all shoot 68 or less at 14/1 (Sky @ 7/2)

Again big prices in favour of Paddy for the golf.

Also stuck £5 on Spieth & Kuchar both going bogey free @ 66/1
Spieth been Spieth
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3763 on: July 23, 2017, 11:18:06 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3764 on: August 17, 2017, 04:47:24 pm »
Just had a quick £7.50ew on Chinese lad Ashun Wu in the golf match-play going on ATM

Wu slapped Colsaerts arse 4&2 this morning in the first round.

Picked him in the RAWK golf fantasy but forgot to back him

Still 70/1 (1/5 odds 4 places) with Bet365 though and he faces Rikard Karlberg in the round of 32 tomorrow which is well winnable IMO.

Edit:  Ashun Wu dispatches of Karlberg with aplomb (3&1).  Next up in the last 16 is Chris Paisley. He's playing really well so a toughie for my man.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:55:59 am by Buck Pete »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3765 on: September 6, 2017, 01:13:44 pm »
Just wondering if any of you follow or have followed any decent golf tipsters with any degree of success this year?

Omega European Masters starts tomorrow, some juicy prices for Top 20 finishes but it's not my strongest subject so would like to research a bit if anyone has any recommendations.

Cheers
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3766 on: September 28, 2017, 02:15:11 pm »
Backed young Joel Stalter last week and he came within a knats bollock of a place at a big price

Got him again this week from the start at 360.0 (win) and 40.0 (place).

He's shot -5 today and is still 90/1 on Betfred.  Think I'm going to reload at those 90's

Go'ed Joel you Fantastic Frenchie :)

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:12 pm »
Backed young Joel Stalter last week and he came within a knats bollock of a place at a big price

He's shot -5 today and is still 90/1 on Betfred.  Think I'm going to reload at those 90's

Tell me you backed Schaufelle last week!

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: September 28, 2017, 02:31:02 pm »
Tell me you backed Schaufelle last week!

Ah go on then...since you asked :)

Been following Xander Schauffele all season. A very promising young golfer.  Forgot to back him a few months back when he won on the tour. I was gutted.

Didn't miss him this time in the big Tour Championship this weekend.

He'll win a major this lad. I'm sure of it.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: September 28, 2017, 02:44:23 pm »
Legend!  ;D

Thats some rookie year he's had on tour. Two wins, one of them the tour championship. Definitely one to watch.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3770 on: September 28, 2017, 02:49:19 pm »
Thanks for the tip dickweed. :wanker

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: September 28, 2017, 03:21:34 pm »
Thanks for the tip dickweed. :wanker

I've been tipping him all Season

get back to watching Home alone you blert

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3772 on: September 28, 2017, 03:25:30 pm »
I've been tipping him all Season

get back to watching Home alone you blert

:D

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3773 on: September 28, 2017, 07:00:08 pm »
Ah go on then...since you asked :)

Noticed you bigging him up in here through the year Pete, knew you'd be on when watching him win...I was on Justin  :butt
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: September 30, 2017, 02:03:45 pm »

+6 today

great

:)

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: December 1, 2017, 11:34:34 pm »
Wanted to back Adam Bland in Australia this week but didn't get the bet on Wednesday due to rushing off to Stoke to watch the Reds.  He was well over 100-1.  He's 2nd now at the halfway stage and in to 13/2 :no

So just got on Harold Varner III who I also fancied pre-tourny and he won this event last year.  He's nicely placed and just got 33/1.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3776 on: January 25, 2018, 02:36:49 pm »
Fancy CT Pan to go well this week in the Farmers Open.

Got him EW as 'top rest of the world player' at 25/1.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3777 on: January 25, 2018, 03:33:07 pm »
I'm gonna put some pennies on Woods to win a major again and a couple of other specials that the bookies have on offer. Only for novelty really, but IF he does get a period of injury-free play and ends up with a last hurrah of winning another big one then it would be great to have some money on it ante-post.

If he has any good form this year before the majors then his price will inevitably drop. I know it is foolish but it is a gamble in every sense of the word. He keeps making a comeback and it isn't for money because he doesn't need it. He's putting his body through the mire and maybe he just cant let go, but part of me thinks that he feels that if he is pain free the then he can win again. He's talking about being pain free after his back fusion surgery and he did look a lot better a couple of months ago on his return. He wont win this week, but even though I've said this before I do feel like he might just have another little run in him.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3778 on: March 9, 2018, 01:03:54 pm »
I'm gonna put some pennies on Woods to win a major again and a couple of other specials that the bookies have on offer. Only for novelty really, but IF he does get a period of injury-free play and ends up with a last hurrah of winning another big one then it would be great to have some money on it ante-post.

If he has any good form this year before the majors then his price will inevitably drop. I know it is foolish but it is a gamble in every sense of the word. He keeps making a comeback and it isn't for money because he doesn't need it. He's putting his body through the mire and maybe he just cant let go, but part of me thinks that he feels that if he is pain free the then he can win again. He's talking about being pain free after his back fusion surgery and he did look a lot better a couple of months ago on his return. He wont win this week, but even though I've said this before I do feel like he might just have another little run in him.

Tiger nicely placed after the first round this week and he is defintley looking so much better than earlier comebacks.  Another few good rounds before Auguta and who knows.  Him and Phil shooting it out with DJ, Spieth and Thomas. :)

As for the European Tour and the Indian Open... What a round from young Shubhanker Sharma. He's on fire this season and a genuine emerging talent.

Took 30/1 this morning when he was -2.  He shot -8 today and into 4/1 now.

Just had a few quid on him EW for the Masters at 150/1.  He's already got an International invite to Augusta but if he can get a good result this week he should go very close to being inside the top 50 of the official world golf Rankings and get an invite anyway.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3779 on: March 10, 2018, 07:51:09 am »
Tiger nicely placed after the first round this week and he is defintley looking so much better than earlier comebacks.  Another few good rounds before Auguta and who knows.  Him and Phil shooting it out with DJ, Spieth and Thomas. :)

As for the European Tour and the Indian Open... What a round from young Shubhanker Sharma. He's on fire this season and a genuine emerging talent.

Took 30/1 this morning when he was -2.  He shot -8 today and into 4/1 now.

Just had a few quid on him EW for the Masters at 150/1.  He's already got an International invite to Augusta but if he can get a good result this week he should go very close to being inside the top 50 of the official world golf Rankings and get an invite anyway.

I've made a note of backing Tiger every week except at the Genesis as that course was brutal and just didn't fancy him. He was 28/1 this week give or take, in recent weeks he's been around 50s. Obviously I've seen no return yet and I'm down quite a bit but I'd be nicely up if he could get it done this week, and would even claw back a nice amount if he gets placed.

I could make a small profit with cash outs given his price for the Masters and other tournaments have taken a tumble but I'll just ride it out. That Sharma lad does look like a real talent Pete, he was leading last week for a while but just faded. I hope he gets the win for you this weekend :)

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: April 3, 2018, 01:23:05 pm »
Masters at last :)

What we fancying lads?  Lots of valid contenders this year and the market leaders show it.

I've got Ante post bets on Shubsanker Sharma but he's gone downhill since I backed him and I should have waited really.

I really fancy Bubba to take this down. Playing exceptional golf of late and he obviously knows how to win around here.  Just got 20.0 on the exchange.

Also having a wedge on Casey at 28.0

EW dabbles on Chappell, Henley and Schauffelle

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: April 3, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »
I'll probably just do Kuchar E/W at 50s. 4 top 8s here in the last 6 years.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3782 on: April 3, 2018, 01:34:58 pm »
Nice one Pete. Always like to back 4 before it starts, all each way and hope one or two are still in contention. Won with Scott a few years back, had Rose last year butcwas delighted for Sergio.

Usually avoid McIllroy and Spieth due to the shorter odds. Casey is an interesting shout, he has had a few decent finishes here.

Is Rose a contender again? Seems very open with a lot of big names in form. Should be great.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3783 on: April 3, 2018, 01:39:31 pm »
SkyBet are paying ten places this time so i have gone with them. My stakes are ridiculously small but for what its worth:

Mcilroy outright @ 9/1
Garcia outright @ 25/1
Schauffele outright @ 66/1

Hadwin E/W @ 125/1
Finau E/W @ 80/1

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: April 3, 2018, 01:44:10 pm »

Is Rose a contender again? Seems very open with a lot of big names in form. Should be great.

Very much a contender Nick. 4th or 5th Fav and not by much either.

Really open this year

I like Gerry's shout of Kuchar too.  I have him in my Golf Fantasy this week and will have a few quid at 65.0

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3785 on: April 3, 2018, 01:48:15 pm »
Woodland e/w
Cabrera-Bello e/w
Pieters e/w

Fowler to win
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3786 on: April 3, 2018, 11:28:08 pm »
I've got nice ante post tickets on Tommy Fleetwood at 100/1 and Charley Hoffman at 150/1 from earlier in the year.

Since then little e/w goes on Kizzire at 175/1 (10 places), Henley 110/1 (8 places) (and 90/1 FRL). Plus Matsuyama at 33/1 (8 places). Big price for him although injury problems obviously a concern.

I cannot for the life of me split the top of the market. All signs point to Justin Rose in fairness but just don't want to back him. Getting yourself in the right positions with your second shot is absolutely key so strokes gained: approach is the stat to look out for I think. Sergio, Phil, JT, Spieth, Hideki, Tiger all towards the top of that this season...

Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: April 3, 2018, 11:53:33 pm »
Spieth 13.0
Thomas 15.0
Casey 29.0
Harman 150.0
Z Johnson 240.0

These are my stabs at it this year.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3788 on: April 4, 2018, 12:33:30 am »
Going to be backing Bubba Watson myself, as lefties have a particularly good record here.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3789 on: April 4, 2018, 12:50:20 pm »
Bubba and Rose for me. Will have small stakes on Day and Matsuyama too because I've backed them so often in the past that I'd be annoyed if they won at more generous odds.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2018, 01:13:48 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: April 4, 2018, 08:44:47 pm »
I've backed Matsuyama in every Major for the last couple of years, but his injury puts me off backing him for once.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3791 on: April 5, 2018, 01:00:36 am »
JT for me, just think it's his time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3792 on: April 5, 2018, 04:30:21 am »
You'll see worse bets about than Si-Woo Kim at 250/1.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3793 on: April 5, 2018, 09:14:03 am »
McIlroy 12.5/1
Casey 28/1
Moore 125/1 ew

First Round Leader:
Rose 29/1
Hoffman 55/1

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #3794 on: April 5, 2018, 09:15:17 am »
What bookies have the best offers before I put my bets on ? betway normally have pay out on the winner if leading after the first round.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3795 on: April 5, 2018, 09:41:01 am »
Betway doing their payout if your outright winner selection leads after 1st round.  1 bet per customer £20 max

I was going to do Rickie Fowler 1st round leader anyway so done him as my bet at 22/1. 

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3796 on: April 5, 2018, 09:55:45 am »
Gone with Rose, Thomas, Casey and and a no doubt silly punt on Noren

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: April 5, 2018, 10:24:03 am »
Just done a couple of Kesey style Nutty bets with my Laddies odds boost

Phil/Tiger R/F - 225/1
Mark O'Meara Top Senior - 40/1
Langer FRL (EW) - 325/1

And a fiver EW on Xander Schaffelle at 100/1 as Id be destroyed if he went and won it had I not backed him :)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3798 on: April 5, 2018, 10:30:37 am »
Kuchar E/W- 50s
Henley FRL- 66s
Schauffele top debutant- 11/4

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3799 on: April 5, 2018, 10:32:42 am »
Thomas, Spieth, Leishman, Reed and Cantlay all each way is this years five.

Good luck all!