Author Topic: Summer 2019 LFC pre-season tour thread  (Read 22495 times)

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
Re: Summer 2019 LFC pre-season tour thread
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2019, 08:13:25 am »
Is correct , got two for  £78 inc fees in the Liverpool end , hopefully a good weekend as never been to Edinburgh before

The Auld Reekie Reds are planning a party before it, should be a cracking weekend.

Edinburgh is ace like, so different from other Scottish Cities.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2019, 04:43:52 pm »
PRE-Season plans

Jurgen Klopp is set to place his Liverpool players on specially-tailored training programmes when they return to Melwood next month.

The Reds begin the first of their 10 games before the start of the new Premier League season against Tranmere on July 11, with the European champions visiting Prenton Park for an evening kick-off.

With Liverpool set to pack participation in the Community Shield and Super Cup into their usual pre-season schedule, Klopp and his squad face a busy few weeks.

The Champions League holders will duel it out in as many as seven competitions this coming campaign and the manager is keen to build up that base fitness that has become something of a trademark at Anfield.

Last season marked a calculated switch from the all-action, high-octane style to a more reserved, controlling approach to games and the strategy was designed to ensure burnout did not set in when it came to the business end of the season.

The tactics worked a charm as Liverpool won their last nine Premier League games to finish with a club-record 97 points, before lifting the Champions League in Madrid three weeks later.

Liverpool will head back to training four days later than last summer, with the first load of Klopp's contingent pencilled in to return to Melwood on Saturday July 6.

An additional demand of the coming season will be the FIFA Club World Cup in Dubai, with the Champions League winners aiming to put the first trophy of its kind in the Anfield cabinet in December.

As such, Klopp is keen to give some of his European champions some extra time off after a campaign that effectively covered 11 months, meaning some players will be afforded more than the usual three weeks of holiday period.

he ECHO understands Liverpool's players will be put on specific plans designed to carefully manage their fitness after a gruelling season following last summer's World Cup.

Several first-team players in the squad had just three weeks off between the World Cup in Russia and lifting the Reds' sixth European Cup at the start of this month.

The bespoke plans will differ depending on when certain players exit their international competitions, with the club wary of overloading their stars ahead of a campaign that sees them compete for seven trophies.

It all centres around the amount of time off certain players have had over the last year following a punishing term that saw Liverpool play 53 times.

Roberto Firmino and Alisson are involved in Copa America duty for Brazil, and with Tite's Selecao likely to feature in the latter stages of the South American tournament, the influential Reds stars won't be at Melwood on July 6.

The same applies to Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, who are due to contest the Africa Cup of Nations for Egypt and Senegal, respectively, while a decision will be taken on Naby Keita, given the uncertainty over his fitness with the Guinea squad.

Salah is currently on holiday before linking up with his Egyptian team-mates later this month and the Reds' 27-goal top scorer will be given extra rest after the competition in his homeland.

A handful of members of Liverpool's Champions League-winning team were involved in UEFA Nations League action last week, also.

Gini Wijnaldum and Virgil van Dijk played for Ronald Koeman's Netherlands as they were beaten in the final 1-0 by Portugal on Sunday night.

Hours earlier, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez featured for England as they beat Switzerland on penalties at Estadio do Dragao. Reds captain Jordan Henderson remained an unused substitute in Oporto.

Xherdan Shaqiri, who was on the bench in Madrid, hobbled off with what was described as a muscle injury just after the hour mark.

Blanket dates and schedules won't be placed on the players based on their international involvements, however, with each member of the squad set to be given their own pre-season programme.

One key aspect of next season however will be the winter break afforded to Premier League teams.

The break will be staggered across two weeks, with five games set to be played each weekend, meaning the FA Cup fifth round will be moved to accommodate the changes.

Klopp has always been a vocal supporter of an English winter break and it will give him and his players a chance for some warm-weather training, something he has regularly done during his near four years on Merseyside.

- ECHO

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2019, 05:24:26 pm »
Do we expect a further Anfield fixture to be added? Was hoping something on the weekend would pop up.

I feel like there were two last year
YNWA.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2019, 05:26:12 pm »
Do we expect a further Anfield fixture to be added? Was hoping something on the weekend would pop up.

I feel like there were two last year

I don't think so.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2019, 11:32:20 am »
Napoli game £45 quid a ticket and a £5.40 "service charge" per ticket, plus delivery charge, plus handling charge the robbing ticketmaster wankers.

£51 quid for a fuckin friendly.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2019, 11:38:24 am »
Napoli game £45 quid a ticket and a £5.40 "service charge" per ticket, plus delivery charge, plus handling charge the robbing ticketmaster wankers.

Mad thing is it’ll sell out easily too

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2019, 12:13:15 pm »
paul joyce@_pauljoyce
Liverpool considering scrapping Anfield friendly with Schalke 04 on Tuesday, August 6 because it’s too close to opening PL fixture v Norwich on Friday, August 9. Sky Sports unaware of any request from club to avoid that Friday slot. @TimesSport

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2019, 01:10:43 pm »
Schalke have tweeted that it’s cancelled

https://twitter.com/s04_en/status/1139141595989708800?s=21

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2019, 02:22:54 pm »

Don’t seem to be selling concession tickets any longer either.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2019, 03:51:59 pm »
Schalke have tweeted that it’s cancelled

https://twitter.com/s04_en/status/1139141595989708800?s=21

urghhhh, that is a big shame for their fans too, loads had already booked flights and hotels.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2019, 06:18:00 pm »
Over 50,000 tickets sold for the Napoli game at Murrayfield already.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2019, 11:00:20 pm »
Don’t seem to be selling concession tickets any longer either.

Nope. I originally got an adult for me, and a kids one for my lad and it was £51 for them next to the Liverpool end.

Now the whole family wanna go so its seven tickets together. Works out at £51 each as there's no kids left so had to get my lad an adult.

Now have a spare adult and kids.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2019, 11:05:58 pm »
The whole stadium will be Liverpool apart from the Napoli end obviously but I think the red sections are going to be the Edinburgh kop not the liverpool end.Thats what I was told from 1 of the lads from auld reekie reds.They were also trying to sort boss night out but no sure if it will happen as the lads are thinking of having a break before the season starts.If no boss night there will be some sort of pre and after match entertainment.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:08:25 pm by iAnfieldRoad »
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2019, 07:55:35 pm »
Taken from the LFC USA Twitter feed... Big Ears (or reasonable facsimile thereof) is across the pond...

Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2019, 08:02:04 pm »
Shame it's at that dump  ;D

Ian Rush was in Chicago the other day, at a truly great ballpark - Wrigley Field, where he threw out the first pitch.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1141494585643978752

He was there promoting the upcoming games over in the US, alongside BVB's Patrick Owomoyela

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2019, 08:11:21 pm »
DUMP!!  them's fightin' words...LOL   :wanker :wave

Actually the "new" stadium is not bad at all.. I'd agree on the old one...

I'm hoping Rushie will be there as well for the match in NYC on 24 July.  As well as that big piece of silver....
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #96 on: July 1, 2019, 11:12:42 am »

Tickets were more expensive last season for the game in the Aviva (Dublin). There were around 70/80 euros which was really excessive. Having said that, I'm gutted they're not playing in Ireland this season again, with mortgage and kids its the only game I usually can afford to see!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 2, 2019, 03:04:54 pm »
So is it a full squad minus Copa America & Afcon players?

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 2, 2019, 03:45:09 pm »
So is it a full squad minus Copa America & Afcon players?

Dutch lads and English lads [Trent and Hendo] won't be playing this week, but will be back next week

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 3, 2019, 09:29:26 am »
I'd imagine it will be something like this in terms of start of pre-season for the different groups:

Saturday 6th July: Grabara, Kelleher, Clyne, Hoever, Adam Lewis, Matip, Van den Berg, Nat Phillips, Rhys Williams, Fabinho, Milner, Ejaria, Herbie Kane, Curtis Jones, Woodburn, Lallana, Ox, Kent, Wilson, Brewster, Paul Glatzel, Bobby Duncan

Friday 12th July: Henderson, Gomez, Trent, van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Origi, Mignolet, Lovren, Shaqiri, Robertson

Monday 29th July: Alisson, Firmino

Sometime in August: Salah, Mane, Keita

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 5, 2019, 12:25:22 pm »
I'd imagine it will be something like this in terms of start of pre-season for the different groups:

Saturday 6th July: Grabara, Kelleher, Clyne, Hoever, Adam Lewis, Matip, Van den Berg, Nat Phillips, Rhys Williams, Fabinho, Milner, Ejaria, Herbie Kane, Curtis Jones, Woodburn, Lallana, Ox, Kent, Wilson, Brewster, Paul Glatzel, Bobby Duncan

Friday 12th July: Henderson, Gomez, Trent, van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Origi, Mignolet, Lovren, Shaqiri, Robertson

Monday 29th July: Alisson, Firmino

Sometime in August: Salah, Mane, Keita

First batch start tomorrow. https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/355344-16-players-set-to-begin-liverpool-pre-season-on-saturday

I thought Fabinho was at Copa America. But that is good news

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #101 on: July 5, 2019, 03:33:34 pm »
I'll be off to Bradford friendly hopefully. Fingers crossed the Nations League lot will be there!

Anyone else off?
"Salahs in here......"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 6, 2019, 10:50:11 am »
Pre-season officially starts today, boss back at work :D

Shaqiri will be assessed after injuring his calf last month playing for Switzerland
« Last Edit: July 6, 2019, 10:52:15 am by deFacto »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 6, 2019, 10:52:47 am »
No Lewis or Larouci, according to the official list.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #104 on: July 6, 2019, 11:08:58 am »

Shaqiri will be assessed after injuring his calf last month playing for Switzerland
Animal welfare is not what it should be in the Cantons
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 6, 2019, 11:49:29 am »

I read they had to scan it six times just to get an imagine of the whole thing.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #106 on: July 6, 2019, 11:52:26 am »
Shame it's at that dump  ;D

Ian Rush was in Chicago the other day, at a truly great ballpark - Wrigley Field, where he threw out the first pitch.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1141494585643978752

He was there promoting the upcoming games over in the US, alongside BVB's Patrick Owomoyela

Wrigley field ye say, eel be well received there.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 6, 2019, 12:33:58 pm »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 6, 2019, 12:41:42 pm »
Van den berg is a giant.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1147456533514596357?s=19

Needs to stop growing before he has to give it up and play tennis.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 6, 2019, 01:34:11 pm »
Liverpool expect Naby Keita to be fit to begin his pre-season training programme later this month.

The midfielder sustained a minor adductor strain during Africa Cup of Nations duty with Guinea.

The injury ended Keita’s participation in the tournament and he returned to Melwood for further examination by the club’s medical team.

However, he is set to be ready to start pre-season training as planned when back on Merseyside following an end-of-season break later in July

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 6, 2019, 01:34:51 pm »
Of course Milner is one of the final two for the lactate test :D

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1147481642832936960

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #111 on: July 6, 2019, 01:35:44 pm »
Good, hopefully a bit of warm weather rest, then back for a decent preseason where we can get on top of his little injuries so he can hit the ground running this season.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #112 on: July 6, 2019, 01:47:53 pm »
I see Milner won the lactate test again. Gomez not far behind though which is pretty impressive given his size.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 6, 2019, 01:55:41 pm »
Milner is an android, no other explanation

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #114 on: July 6, 2019, 09:51:08 pm »
Hope they keep a good stock of spare parts, what with Brexit and everything
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #115 on: July 6, 2019, 10:26:08 pm »
Hope they keep a good stock of spare parts, what with Brexit and everything

You think Milner is constructed with anything that is made outside of Yorkshire?!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 6, 2019, 11:41:01 pm »

Fuelled by Ribena

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 7, 2019, 09:30:42 am »
Milner is the greatest living Yorkshire Man

• Legacy Fan

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #119 on: July 8, 2019, 08:43:34 pm »
dios esta buena