Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886671 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #3840 on: May 17, 2019, 06:58:05 pm »
Fair fucks to Brazil, they just be some team of they can leave Fabinho out. World champion standard.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3841 on: May 17, 2019, 07:22:10 pm »
I'm not mad, fuck internationals, wish Bobby and Allison weren't selected.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3842 on: May 17, 2019, 07:24:44 pm »
It’s genuinely odd.

But they only seem interested in him as a right back.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3843 on: May 17, 2019, 08:51:38 pm »
It’s genuinely odd.

But they only seem interested in him as a right back.
Pretty sure casemiro is the vice captain for Brazil

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3844 on: May 17, 2019, 08:59:25 pm »
Pissed about this too. Fucking Brazil International set up is a joke. Fabinho’s world class in his position. All these fuckers will do not picking him is potentially making him wonder if he gets in the national team (important to the players, so should be respected) by doing what he does here.

He should have walked into the team just like his teammates, they’re all head and shoulders above most of the players they can choose from.

I have a lot of respect for Fernandino, he’s genuinely one of the best 6s ever - but he’s not going to be around doing that much longer. Fabinho is going to be better - Brazil should have slotted him straight in quite frankly, he’s operating on a level where few others get to in that position. Dominated that Barca midfield almost single handedly, allowing his teammates to run riot in one of the very biggest games in the season.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3845 on: May 17, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »
I’m absolutely gobsmacked that he hasn’t been selected for the Copa. Tite sure does make some bizarre decisions at times.

Like playing Jesus ahead of Bobby. That really screwed their World Cup. And in the previous World Cup, they did not even take Coutinho and Bobby. That was Scolari btw. And then played Luiz & Marcelo in a high line against Germany and got tonked.

They have a horrible management these days.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #3846 on: May 17, 2019, 09:45:56 pm »
It's so wierd, cos he was getting picked early this season when he wasn't starting for LFC I seem to recall?

And now he plays every week, and has been in such great form, he doesn't get picked. Brazil national set up is a bit daft.

I’m absolutely gobsmacked that he hasn’t been selected for the Copa. Tite sure does make some bizarre decisions at times.

There was stuff in the press few years back that the Brasilian NTs sponsorship deal meant that part of the squad was dictated by sponsors.
If they were true, not much Tite could do about that.

Edit:

As Nike was said to have been one of the main culprits in this, googled that current squad to see who plays with which.
Don't know if this means fuck all, but that squad is quite heavy with Nike athletes.

Nike:

Alisson, Ederson, Marquinhos, Alex Sandro, Fagner, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Casemiro, Fernandinho, Allan, Lucas Paqueta, Arthur, Neymar, Richarlison, David Neres, Coutinho, Everton

Adidas:

Filipe Luis, Eder Militao, Miranda, Gabriel Jesus, Firmino,

Ho soccer:

Cassio
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 10:32:17 pm by dimwit »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3847 on: May 17, 2019, 10:18:12 pm »
I'm not mad, fuck internationals, wish Bobby and Allison weren't selected.

Yeah, I understand Fabinho might want to play for Brazil but this is good for us.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #3848 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:57 am »
I mean I think it's unfair but its not like Casemiro, Fernandinho are shit players. Allan and Arthur are not competing with Fabinho because he's a #5 in Tite's mind

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3849 on: May 18, 2019, 02:34:34 am »
I mean I think it's unfair but its not like Casemiro, Fernandinho are shit players. Allan and Arthur are not competing with Fabinho because he's a #5 in Tite's mind

Fabinho has had a better year than Casemeiro.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: May 18, 2019, 03:03:43 am »
Fabinho has had a better year than Casemeiro.
Agreed. But pretty sure Casemeiro is Tite VC and he has a lot of tourney experience for them. I dont get Fernandinho over Fabinho. Would think they would want to get some young players who need tourney experience for Brazil at the copa before the next World cup phrase, however that doesnt seem the case at all positions.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3851 on: May 18, 2019, 03:29:54 am »
Agreed. But pretty sure Casemeiro is Tite VC and he has a lot of tourney experience for them. I dont get Fernandinho over Fabinho. Would think they would want to get some young players who need tourney experience for Brazil at the copa before the next World cup phrase, however that doesnt seem the case at all positions.

Brazil has a pretty deep talent pool of all nations bar probably France and Germany but they are HORRIBLY managed. Similar to England there is A LOT of "experience" bias versus picking players on form. While there is merit to certain players being picked because of who they are despite form like a Neymar they definitley pick some odd choices and ends up going wrong.

England is very similar as seen by their selection of Trippier, Dier, Lingard, Delph. None of those players should be in the squad on Form alone but also just the fact they are awful. Wan Bissaka anyone? James Maddison??

A lot of National team managers are guilty of picking players they know even if they are shit and younger better players have emerged.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3852 on: May 18, 2019, 10:05:14 am »
Like playing Jesus ahead of Bobby. That really screwed their World Cup. And in the previous World Cup, they did not even take Coutinho and Bobby. That was Scolari btw. And then played Luiz & Marcelo in a high line against Germany and got tonked.

They have a horrible management these days.
Jesus ahead of Bobby is much worse IMO. At least Casemiro and Fernandinho are world class players. Jesus is really average.
Not picking Lucas Moura is pretty insane as well btw.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 10:07:18 am by jepovic »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: May 18, 2019, 10:19:27 am »
Brazil has a pretty deep talent pool of all nations bar probably France and Germany but they are HORRIBLY managed. Similar to England there is A LOT of "experience" bias versus picking players on form. While there is merit to certain players being picked because of who they are despite form like a Neymar they definitley pick some odd choices and ends up going wrong.

England is very similar as seen by their selection of Trippier, Dier, Lingard, Delph. None of those players should be in the squad on Form alone but also just the fact they are awful. Wan Bissaka anyone? James Maddison??

A lot of National team managers are guilty of picking players they know even if they are shit and younger better players have emerged.
Wan bissaka and maddison will be going to the u21 euros which is fair enough over being in the bench for possibly one important game.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3854 on: May 18, 2019, 01:08:16 pm »
Jesus ahead of Bobby is much worse IMO. At least Casemiro and Fernandinho are world class players. Jesus is really average.
Not picking Lucas Moura is pretty insane as well btw.

Neither of them had a World Class season. Fernandinho was injured for quite a while and when he played, he wasn't as good as in previous seasons. And Casemiro really struggled this season. Struggled badly.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3855 on: May 18, 2019, 02:55:51 pm »
Neither of them had a World Class season. Fernandinho was injured for quite a while and when he played, he wasn't as good as in previous seasons. And Casemiro really struggled this season. Struggled badly.
I agree that it's weird. But they're top players, and Fabinho has only been really good for six months or so.

But picking Jesus ahead of an in-form Firmino, game after game, was just criminal. That's more like picking Fred ahead of Fabinho, if you know what I mean.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3856 on: May 18, 2019, 11:11:54 pm »

I know, but to be fair to Southgate, he's trying to be a bit more consistent and building a team that can play together and are used to playing together rather than picking in-form players and chopping/changing every match.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3857 on: May 19, 2019, 01:08:15 pm »
Pissed about this too. Fucking Brazil International set up is a joke. Fabinho’s world class in his position. All these fuckers will do not picking him is potentially making him wonder if he gets in the national team (important to the players, so should be respected) by doing what he does here.
I remember hearing some rumour about Nike being heavily involved in the selection process. Whatever the truth of that rumour, it's long felt to me like there is something like that going on - like the team selection seems much more about getting in star quality than it does about really creating a best 11 to give themselves the best chance of trophies. The selection of Jesus over Bobby in the last world cup, for example, was fucking ludicrous, even more so because Neymar plays so much better with a hard-worker next to him.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3858 on: May 19, 2019, 01:11:47 pm »
Brazil has a pretty deep talent pool of all nations bar probably France and Germany but they are HORRIBLY managed.
They also suffer from the problem that anything bar a tournament win is basically a sacking offence. Like Dunga, last time he was in, put together a very serious, nasty team to play against - solid, brutal on the break, really physical. They lost a really tight semi and he was sacked.

Can't build a team if no-one ever gets a chance to oversee longer-term develpment, and how big a pool of managerial talent do you need if you keep dipping into it every couple of seasons? There's only so many to coaches even a country like Brasil can produce.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3859 on: May 19, 2019, 02:02:04 pm »

I'm amazed that Fabinho isn't in the Brazil Copa America squad.

However, national managers don't always pick players on their current club form. Casemiro and Fernandinho may be Tite's trusted men during his tenure at manager. They may have performed admirably for Brazil despite having poorer club form or being injured more recently.

If they performed well for Brazil over the last 6-12 months, it's a big risk for Tite to bomb one of them out for Fabinho. He's got to take into context what those players have done for him not their club sides.

Be interesting to hear what the Brazilian press and public's thoughts on Fabinho's omission was. Given he's never played in a league game in Brazil and until this season wasn't playing for a high profile European club, I expect the clamour for him to be included by domestic fans and press wasn't that high. I think Firmino struggled with earlier in his career. Limited profile in Brazil, until recently, compared with Gabriel Jesus, for example, who played 2 season at one of the biggest clubs in Brazil winning both the Brazilian cup and league championships.

That pressure from local press and fans always interest me in South American squad selections. On occasions there seems to be odd domestic based player selected ahead of a more established European star within South American national squads. This may be completely justifiable on many occasions but I do wonder if a more visible upturn in performances in the domestic league, and the coverage that gets from the domestic press, influences national managers selections. Particularly if the European player has left Brazil early in their career
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3860 on: May 19, 2019, 02:24:02 pm »
Well Tite may be affected in his choices by the Brazilian public and the world famous Brazilian football politics but hes taking a big chance pissing off Becky. Danger road, man. Crazytown. Stands a strong chance of a gif right upside the head, possible even a meme to the nuts. Only the possibility of injury call up saving him right now imo.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3861 on: May 19, 2019, 09:43:34 pm »
Well Tite may be affected in his choices by the Brazilian public and the world famous Brazilian football politics but hes taking a big chance pissing off Becky. Danger road, man. Crazytown. Stands a strong chance of a gif right upside the head, possible even a meme to the nuts. Only the possibility of injury call up saving him right now imo.

Don't fuck with Becky... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: May 20, 2019, 10:39:01 am »

He should have walked into the team just like his teammates, they’re all head and shoulders above most of the players they can choose from.

I have a lot of respect for Fernandino, he’s genuinely one of the best 6s ever - but he’s not going to be around doing that much longer. Fabinho is going to be better - Brazil should have slotted him straight in quite frankly, he’s operating on a level where few others get to in that position. Dominated that Barca midfield almost single handedly, allowing his teammates to run riot in one of the very biggest games in the season.

As long as they don't tell him he needs to be playing for Barca or Real Madrid to get selected...  :boxhead
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #3863 on: May 24, 2019, 09:40:13 am »
Fabinho has become a monster and it was so satisfying seeing his transition into the team and now he's a beast, his legs will find the ball- so feel the fear opponents. Plus he can fill in, in defence, top player.
Fab, Gini and Mane, my fave three players of the season.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3864 on: May 26, 2019, 03:54:12 pm »
Gutted for him but at the same time happy that he'll be refreshed and have a full pre-season.

We have enough players who will be running late fitness-wise at the start of the season as it is with the summer tournaments in SA and in Africa.

Need to hit the ground running if we have title aspirations again
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3865 on: May 26, 2019, 05:27:52 pm »
Gutted for him but at the same time happy that he'll be refreshed and have a full pre-season.

We have enough players who will be running late fitness-wise at the start of the season as it is with the summer tournaments in SA and in Africa.

Need to hit the ground running if we have title aspirations again

You on about Keita?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3866 on: May 27, 2019, 07:03:16 am »
Have I missed something big?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3867 on: May 27, 2019, 07:28:18 am »
Have I missed something big?

He's not been included in the Brazil squad for the Copa America. Which is good for us.

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #3868 on: June 1, 2019, 11:12:39 pm »
thanks for a great season

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3869 on: June 1, 2019, 11:19:15 pm »
So great to have that steel in the middle of the pitch.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3870 on: June 1, 2019, 11:32:50 pm »
Battled for everything. Players get past him at times but I like how it's shrugged off and on to the next challenge. Just goes round and competes for fucking everything, boss in the air as well.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3871 on: June 1, 2019, 11:33:46 pm »
Immense.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: June 3, 2019, 06:10:24 pm »
I thought as a DM he had a great game.

Offline El choquero

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3873 on: June 12, 2019, 09:08:58 pm »
I think his interception and run which drew the foul against  Barca in injury time was probably my favourite moment of the season. Cant wait to see him at an even higher level next season

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: July 1, 2019, 06:01:24 am »
Has had his teeth fixed  :D
YNWA.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #3875 on: July 3, 2019, 08:27:56 pm »
Well, we won't be starting with Gini as the 6 this season. :)

Brazil's loss is our gain. Looking forward to see how we do with him up and running from day 1.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: July 4, 2019, 12:03:33 am »
I’ve read on here that he struggled with the lactate / long distance running test last year, the one that Milner came first in.

If so then having a full preseason should give him an athletic boost and increased fitness / sharpness in the second half. Last year’s Fabinho but even more athletic... could be looking at the best DM in the world

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3877 on: July 4, 2019, 03:20:12 am »
Has had his teeth fixed  :D

The best signing we ever made was our dentist.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: July 4, 2019, 10:43:05 am »
Excited to see him get even better this season. Such a wonderful player.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3879 on: July 4, 2019, 10:23:16 pm »
I’ve read on here that he struggled with the lactate / long distance running test last year, the one that Milner came first in.

If so then having a full preseason should give him an athletic boost and increased fitness / sharpness in the second half. Last year’s Fabinho but even more athletic... could be looking at the best DM in the world
Christ.

Had to re read that.

I read it as “he struggled to lactate” firs time round.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W