Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519883 times)

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2800 on: May 13, 2013, 10:51:10 am »
How cringey was the half-time Friends Of Fulham song dedicated to Mohammed Al Fayed? Even had his name in the chorus.

"Take me home - Al Fayed"

When they started singing that, everyone around me looked at eachother and a collective "what the fuck" was uttered by about 3000 people!!

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2801 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:35 am »
didnt pay to much notice to the half time entertainment it was more of a laugh seeing the fulham stewards trying to get our lott sorted out.  Just when they thought they had sorted it and got the culprits out sturridge scored and all hell broke loose again hahaha
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #2802 on: May 13, 2013, 11:03:05 am »
Who brings a small kid to an away anyways?

Isn't there a family section?

Me !  All 3 of my boys (7, 11 & 14) come with me, every home and 6 or 7 aways a season.  I accept that when they go the game they are open to whatever happens or gets said/shouted, they all know the difference between right and wrong and nothing they have ever seen or heard has had any sort of negative effect on their behaviour.

No problem with them understanding the passion involved with being the best away support in the country  ;)
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2803 on: May 13, 2013, 11:06:25 am »
And accident bound to happen and the main reason being that watching football in England is just like going to the theatre..

A large majority buys their ticket, go to their seat - sit down and expect to be entertained..

I am not sure if there is any country in Europe where an away crowd is actually sitting in their designated seats - or if there is designated seats at all..

I go away on football and ice hockey and same procedure every time; same crowd couple of hundreds or up to 1500 people - three generations including everything from kids to grandmothers to the boys on the boose.. Then the singing crowd/party crew takes their position - then you know the score - join them and have fun - or take a side spec and enjoy the coffee and watch the game..

It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline blunderball

• Boys Pen
  • I wanna be a Care Bear like you.
« Reply #2804 on: May 13, 2013, 11:09:35 am »
But move away to where ? most stewards stop anyone standing in the ailes so you are relying on finding a spare seat which you may get kicked out of.
I was hinting that safe standing areas would help a lot for things like this. The lads with the smoke and those who enjoy/don't mind it can group together, those who dislike it or are worried about inhaling too much can move to another part of the terrace.

Currently, you are correct.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2805 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:30 am »
Some bad out of touch mings in here.

No pyro, no party.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #2806 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:06 am »
I wonder which will come first,

Someone getting lifted for using the smoke bombs and getting a 3 month 'holiday'

or

Our away allocation getting reduced/stopped?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2807 on: May 13, 2013, 11:39:49 am »
the ones likely to complain about them are probably the reason why people feel the need to bring them in  :-X

all about the atmopshere, they're boss

Offline Yorkshirered

• Main Stander
« Reply #2808 on: May 13, 2013, 11:44:04 am »
It could have been alot worse

some daft twat could have set off a purple smoke bomb, people would have thought we where the bitters

Purple & white shite ;D ;D ;D
Let's all laugh at Everton

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2809 on: May 13, 2013, 11:44:12 am »
if you go to an away match, be prepared for the travelling kop

ones bringing them in no doubt are more the ones who have travelled down, haven't come all the way just to sit down and watch a game of footy

it seems silly complaining (to me) when they have been let off nearly every away match, do your research if you're going to go an away. would you go to a match in turkey and then complain about the atmosphere there too?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:55:17 am by Bakez0151 »

Pheeny

« Reply #2810 on: May 13, 2013, 11:50:02 am »
By all means have a debate but can we stop with the unnecessary abuse.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: May 13, 2013, 11:52:07 am »
It could have been alot worse

some daft twat could have set off a purple smoke bomb, people would have thought we where the bitters

Purple & white shite ;D ;D ;D

There was also a single small blue one let off during the red ones. A nod towards the purple of last week I reckon.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2812 on: May 13, 2013, 11:59:53 am »

ones bringing them in no doubt are more the ones who have travelled down, haven't come all the way just to sit down and watch a game of footy

it seems silly complaining (to me) when they have been let off nearly every away match, do your research if you're going to go an away. would you go to a match in turkey and then complain about the atmosphere there too?

Look, I like them but this argument is a bit silly.

It isn't Turkey.

Our club have been asked to stop us from setting them off, have they not?

The odd one I think looks fantastic, what happens when we set too many off at once and there is too much on the pitch and we need to delay the game.

Not everything can be explained away just because they are great lads, and the travelling Kop and they haven't come to just sit down. Seemed to be a lot more at Fulham, and as fantastic as they look I do wonder if we are beginning to push our luck that's all.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2813 on: May 13, 2013, 12:01:21 pm »
Personally, I absolutely love it, and I've got very little sympathy for all of the "my kid couldn't see; I've got asthma" arguments.  I'm a father of four, and all of my kids enjoy watching the matches, but I don't take them to aways.  Simple as that, and I don't have an issue with it.  Away trips are fiery/lively atmosphere - that's how it is, and that's how it should be.  If you've got a problem with foul language, beers flowing, people standing, or (in this case) smoke bombs / flares, then away trips aren't a good idea.

We don't have to accommodate every type of person in every walk of life, you know.  "Freedom" doesn't mean that everyone has to be allowed to do everything - it means that once in a while, you need to make a choice as to whether you want to participate in something or not.  And if you're a parent of a 6-year old kid with asthma, then one of those things to skip is football away matches. 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: May 13, 2013, 12:02:17 pm »
Look, I like them but this argument is a bit silly.

It isn't Turkey.

Our club have been asked to stop us from setting them off, have they not?

The odd one I think looks fantastic, what happens when we set too many off at once and there is too much on the pitch and we need to delay the game.

Not everything can be explained away just because they are great lads, and the travelling Kop and they haven't come to just sit down lol

It was our last away game of the season. It was always going to be a bit of a party. I don't think there have been too many any other game, so if you're complaining about them in this thread you probably have a problem with them in general.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2815 on: May 13, 2013, 12:05:20 pm »
It was our last away game of the season. It was always going to be a bit of a party. I don't think there have been too many any other game, so if you're complaining about them in this thread you probably have a problem with them in general.

"I like them"
"They look fantastic"

Ta for putting words in my mouth mate. As for your first sentence - fair enough- that's a good point.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: May 13, 2013, 12:07:16 pm »
"I like them"
"They look fantastic"

Ta for putting words in my mouth mate. As for your first sentence - fair enough- that's a good point.

It wasn't a 'YOU' mate - I meant the people who are - my bad.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2817 on: May 13, 2013, 12:08:24 pm »
It wasn't a 'YOU' mate - I meant the people who are - my bad.
Ah ok fair enough then pal, apologies for my tone there then ;)

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: May 13, 2013, 12:08:30 pm »
And accident bound to happen and the main reason being that watching football in England is just like going to the theatre..

A large majority buys their ticket, go to their seat - sit down and expect to be entertained..

I am not sure if there is any country in Europe where an away crowd is actually sitting in their designated seats - or if there is designated seats at all..

I go away on football and ice hockey and same procedure every time; same crowd couple of hundreds or up to 1500 people - three generations including everything from kids to grandmothers to the boys on the boose.. Then the singing crowd/party crew takes their position - then you know the score - join them and have fun - or take a side spec and enjoy the coffee and watch the game..

I just have a feeling that the FA has sanitized football in this country to the point where they can sell it as a product and attract sponsors. Flares, smokebombs and a 'overly' passionate crowd sort of go against the commercialized image of English Football. That's why I think that fans act the way they do and expect to be entertained without creating much of an atmosphere.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #2819 on: May 13, 2013, 12:12:08 pm »
Singing was great yesterday, really enjoyed it. Singing 'Maggie's in the morgue' to KC and the sunshine band was particularly funny

Offline Yorkshirered

• Main Stander
« Reply #2820 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:17 pm »
There was also a single small blue one let off during the red ones. A nod towards the purple of last week I reckon.

Yes saw that,
Let's all laugh at Everton

Offline shambles

• Kopite
  • It's not easy being green
« Reply #2821 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:19 pm »

And yet you needed to have attend 10? aways to have gone yesterday.  Surely you would have known exactly what sort of atmosphere it was going to be

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:03 pm »
Personally, I absolutely love it, and I've got very little sympathy for all of the "my kid couldn't see; I've got asthma" arguments.  I'm a father of four, and all of my kids enjoy watching the matches, but I don't take them to aways.  Simple as that, and I don't have an issue with it.  Away trips are fiery/lively atmosphere - that's how it is, and that's how it should be.  If you've got a problem with foul language, beers flowing, people standing, or (in this case) smoke bombs / flares, then away trips aren't a good idea.

We don't have to accommodate every type of person in every walk of life, you know.  "Freedom" doesn't mean that everyone has to be allowed to do everything - it means that once in a while, you need to make a choice as to whether you want to participate in something or not.  And if you're a parent of a 6-year old kid with asthma, then one of those things to skip is football away matches. 

Great post. I completely agree with this. People should know what to expect at an away game and if that doesn't suit them then they can't expect others to change to accomodate them.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2823 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »
rather than making assumptions lets use facts ok?

Ok here are some facts

Becci ‏@becc_one 14h
Just spoken to my dad, when one of the flares went off today, they had a kid rushed past them who needed oxygen to help him breathe...

Our away ticket allocation for Sunderland and Man U away have been cut for the last 4 seasons.

Police forces across the country are being cut back and face having to deal with idiots who think letting off a smoke bomb and flare in a crowded space is a good thing.

Then I could get TV clips of our away atmosphere without the need for smoke bombs and flares. (Beating Man U 4-1, Beating Chelsea 2-1 etc)

LFC terms and conditions

2.1 Use of the Away Match Ticket constitutes acceptance of the Terms & Conditions of Entry.

Fulhams Terms and conditions of entry (and published by The Football Association Premier League Limited.)

1. Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

7. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

I really cannot believe how people are finding this acceptable behaviour at a match
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:29:07 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2824 on: May 13, 2013, 12:20:19 pm »
out of all the people who actually attend the away games, I wonder how many are not bothered!! bet theres more people who like them than dont
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: May 13, 2013, 12:33:44 pm »
Well if you're ashamed by the behaviour of some lads trying to make the atmosphere better at away games, don't go. simple as.

What is the banner? 'Football without fans is nothing'  ::).

'Football without fans is nothing except those who are being forced from travelling because they feel unsafe?'

or how about

'Football without fans is nothing except those who dont want to be a part of a crowd of idiots who think taking dangerous items into a crowded area is 'better atmosphere' '

Probably wouldn't fit on a banner I assume suppose (oh sorry we're not assuming anything are we?)

Well why do you suppose you need something illegal in order to make an atmosphere better. You have a voice dont you? Why dont you use that instead?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:38:24 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2826 on: May 13, 2013, 12:37:19 pm »
The oxygen story is billy bullshit.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: May 13, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »
Great post. I completely agree with this. People should know what to expect at an away game and if that doesn't suit them then they can't expect others to change to accomodate them.

So by going to an away game you're signing up to having a lit smoke bomb thrown over your head by a 15 year old kid ?

I understand what you're saying about the atmosphere and I agree to a large extent but yesterday 5 or 6 were thrown onto the pitch when they were still lit, they were thrown from 10-15 rows back and it would have been very easy for someone to get hit in the back of head which would have been really dangerous.

I get the nanny state complaints on here about people with asthma etc, but when you're throwing lit fireworks surely its gone a bit far ?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #2828 on: May 13, 2013, 12:38:02 pm »
was there yesterday and loved it

was lively...the pyro was boss and nobody got hurt...but can see it will be stopped sooner or later....just the way it is. booo!

one of the early firecrackers scared the sh!t outta me tho haha...good final away of the season!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: May 13, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »
So.Many.Killjoys.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2830 on: May 13, 2013, 12:41:38 pm »
What is the banner? 'Football without fans is nothing'  ::).

'Football without fans is nothing except those who are being forced from travelling because they feel unsafe?'

or how about

'Football without fans is nothing except those who dont want to be a part of a crowd of idiots who think taking dangerous items into a crowded area is 'better atmosphere' '

Probably wouldn't fit on a banner I assume suppose (oh sorry we're not assuming anything are we?)

Well why do you suppose you need something illegal in order to make an atmosphere better. You have a voice dont you? Why dont you use that instead?

No offence but you're one boring motherfucker
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: May 13, 2013, 12:43:40 pm »

Made me laugh probably more than it should.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: May 13, 2013, 12:46:14 pm »
So by going to an away game you're signing up to having a lit smoke bomb thrown over your head by a 15 year old kid ?

I understand what you're saying about the atmosphere and I agree to a large extent but yesterday 5 or 6 were thrown onto the pitch when they were still lit, they were thrown from 10-15 rows back and it would have been very easy for someone to get hit in the back of head which would have been really dangerous.

I get the nanny state complaints on here about people with asthma etc, but when you're throwing lit fireworks surely its gone a bit far ?

I think that's fair.  But then the answer doesn't have to be to ban them, does it? 

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: May 13, 2013, 12:46:23 pm »

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I might quote that when someone at a game gets seriously burnt by a flare or nearly dies breathing in a smoke bomb or falls over because he/she cannot see as they try to climb the stairs.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #2834 on: May 13, 2013, 12:47:04 pm »
Best thing about yesterday? Our end was Scoused up, not usual for London. All the beats go to Arsenal n Spurs, West Ham is sound but yesterday was nailed on.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2835 on: May 13, 2013, 12:47:49 pm »

I might quote that when someone at a game gets seriously burnt by a flare or nearly dies breathing in a smoke bomb.

:lmao feel free
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #2836 on: May 13, 2013, 12:48:19 pm »

I might quote that when someone at a game gets seriously burnt by a flare or nearly dies breathing in a smoke bomb.

Can I ask you a question? How often do you go the game? Seriously
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: May 13, 2013, 12:49:54 pm »
Ok here are some facts

Becci ‏@becc_one 14h
Just spoken to my dad, when one of the flares went off today, they had a kid rushed past them who needed oxygen to help him breathe...

Our away ticket allocation for Sunderland and Man U away have been cut for the last 4 seasons.

Police forces across the country are being cut back and face having to deal with idiots who think letting off a smoke bomb and flare in a crowded space is a good thing.

Then I could get TV clips of our away atmosphere without the need for smoke bombs and flares. (Beating Man U 4-1, Beating Chelsea 2-1 etc)

LFC terms and conditions

2.1 Use of the Away Match Ticket constitutes acceptance of the Terms & Conditions of Entry.

Fulhams Terms and conditions of entry (and published by The Football Association Premier League Limited.)

1. Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

7. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

I really cannot believe how people are finding this acceptable behaviour at a match

does a third hand report from twitter count as a fact these days? I imagine if anyone had actually been injured by a smoke bomb the press would be all over it like a rash.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2838 on: May 13, 2013, 12:50:32 pm »
Can I ask you a question? How often do you go the game? Seriously

Season ticket holder for the past 6 years in the lower cent. Regular match goer prior to that. Why? Expecting me to be a bad little wool daytripper that can be smacked down by the big season ticket holder?

Not that it makes any difference

Anything else you want to compare?

I am a Liverpool fan with an opinion. An opinion that if I go to the football I expect it to be in a safe and enjoyable environment.

But dont worry. I'll be a nice little RAWKite and shut up

#NOPYRONOPARTY
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:32:13 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Senior Cutinhio

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2839 on: May 13, 2013, 12:59:09 pm »

I might quote that when someone at a game gets seriously burnt by a flare or nearly dies breathing in a smoke bomb or falls over because he/she cannot see as they try to climb the stairs.

Kids can also go deaf because of fans singing

or choke on massive methane overdose because someone had a lot of beans the night earlier

I am with you !  ;D