Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 966962 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #760 on: December 24, 2019, 12:28:55 am »
 ;D :D

What happened to the great Brazilian one word names like Rivelino, Garrincha, Socrartes, Falcao etc.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: December 24, 2019, 12:29:37 am »
Merson is a 24 carat clown. That's the kind of shite 12 year old Everton cultists spout.

If you take a teams best players out, they'll suffer. We'll no shit Sherlock.

Why do some people forget that injuries are part and parcel of the game? All teams get them. We lost the world's best 'keeper at the start of the season. We've lost Fabinho recently. It's football. Abu Dhabi have enough talent stockpiled to cope with any eventually. If they struggle, they just shell out another hundred million or so on replacements.

The whole "if your players weren't good, you'd be shit" argument is really childish stuff.

If your team didn’t have players, you’d be shit.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #762 on: December 24, 2019, 01:53:00 am »
:lmao
Deffo a Blue!

#unbearables

I actually think he's a RedCafé poster.
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #763 on: December 24, 2019, 10:07:04 am »
My interest has been piqued at the “under embargo” section of the press conference that was mentioned right at the start

What is the news I wonder?!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: December 24, 2019, 10:36:14 am »
Love the man.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50820192

Thanks for posting that, I really enjoyed it. Listened to it sat on my balcony in Tenerife, it's 28C this morning and hearing that interview capped off a fantastic morning here.
 ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: December 24, 2019, 10:38:26 am »
My interest has been piqued at the “under embargo” section of the press conference that was mentioned right at the start

What is the news I wonder?!

Klopp is off to Munich and Salah is off to Real
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: December 25, 2019, 12:08:59 pm »
#Mbappe2020  :D ;D

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 25, 2019, 05:39:06 pm »
Yep. The narrative is - City's "under performance" is due to their "troubles" in defense, since they "lost" Aymeric Laporte. Their +50million backups are unable to keep pace with "Lucky, lucky Liverpool". But I thought just up until a month ago we had a "leaky defense"?

We're having trouble all over, but the red machine remains relentless. Being maintained in excellent fashion as it speedily bulldozes ahead!

Just listen to this drunk:
https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/12/03/merson-says-hed-like-to-see-how-lfc-cope-in-a-title-race-with-city-without-van-dijk/
That's City own fault though look at the money Guardiola has spent on that defence since he's been manager and he's only bought one world class defender in Laporte. If Pip wasn't to busy wasting endless money on fullbacks he could of built a world class back four by now that wouldn't need to depend on one player being fit.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: December 26, 2019, 05:13:11 am »
Imagine if we win the league and the FA cup this season! Basically that means he has won everything with us! Except the League Cup, but there's plenty of time to win that.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #769 on: December 26, 2019, 01:31:38 pm »
chill your boots, it's December. So much carrying away going on 2 or 3 posts here the last few days, I know it doesn't matter ultimately, cos nothing that goes on here has any baring on the team, but still!  Luckily the team is calmer than the fanbase  ;D

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #770 on: December 26, 2019, 02:23:14 pm »
chill your boots, it's December. So much carrying away going on 2 or 3 posts here the last few days, I know it doesn't matter ultimately, cos nothing that goes on here has any baring on the team, but still!  Luckily the team is calmer than the fanbase  ;D

I’m reminded of that year when sky kept chatting shit about the quintuple being “on” for Utd. That was the very definition of carried away. I just think there’s overwhelming confidence in the team right now. Let the kids dream...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #771 on: December 26, 2019, 02:54:40 pm »
I’m reminded of that year when sky kept chatting shit about the quintuple being “on” for Utd.

In reference to Shaw's waistline?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #772 on: December 26, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »
Have we got a song for our Jurgen? If not WHY?????
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: December 26, 2019, 09:50:36 pm »
Have we got a song for our Jurgen? If not WHY?????

Every song is a Jurgen Klopp song.
Every day is a Jurgen Klopp day.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #774 on: December 26, 2019, 09:54:22 pm »
He’d be nothing without Rodgers laying the foundation

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 26, 2019, 09:56:14 pm »
buzzing... this was just a champions performance.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: December 26, 2019, 09:58:53 pm »
Best manager in the world right now.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: December 27, 2019, 04:44:59 am »
Jürgen is phenomenal but the most important thing is that he's surrounded by excellent backroom staff, who are all as important to the success of this team as he is.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #778 on: December 27, 2019, 04:49:39 am »
He’d be nothing without Rodgers laying the foundation

He's still missing Chelsea's "wet dream" of a midfield
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
« Reply #779 on: December 27, 2019, 07:21:15 am »
You got it there......that’s what I worry about after Klopp, would be better with someone he has groomed.....hopefully FSG get this.

Spot on for me.

We spent far too long being over-sentimental. We spent far too long trying to recreate old glories too. A club just up the motorway is going the same route now, and look what it's doing to them. What Liverpool needed to shake it out of its relative malaise was a man who acknowledged and respected our history and heritage, but was going to build something of his own, in his own way. The Liverpool dynasty was built by ruthless men. Often iron fists in velvet gloves, but still ruthless all the same. You had to earn your right to come to Liverpool, and you had to earn your right to stay there too. Klopp has taken a new broom and swept away the sentimentality that was hampering us. What we see now is the crop growing from the seed he's sown.

The last thing our club ever needs is to return to those over-sentimental days once more. If Gerrard ever does return here as manager, it will have to be not because he was an immense player, but because he's developed into a great manager too. He earned his stripes as a player and a playing legend, but in management he is only just starting out. Now we have exactly the right mentality again, Liverpool FC must do what is best for Liverpool FC, and not get involved in sentiment again in areas where cool, thought-out and highly important decisions have to be made.
★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020

Offline Entropicity

• Anny Roader
« Reply #780 on: December 27, 2019, 08:03:59 am »
You got it there......that’s what I worry about after Klopp, would be better with someone he has groomed.....hopefully FSG get this.

I'm not sure if this means anything.. but Stevie G and Klopp both signed extensions to their contracts to 2024 on the practically the same day... hmmmMMMmmm

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #781 on: December 27, 2019, 08:07:51 am »
What's going to move into overdrive

First, let's discuss why it hasn't gone into overdrive already:
This is because ambitious clubs are hoping to work on the Pep Guardiola system. Look at Arsenal bringing in Arteta etc. It won't be long before they realise they can't do it without pumping huge wages and fees like City.
The other reason is clubs are looking to do a Zidane (which is another level Pep) as the x player coming and creating a revolution. This of course was a misunderstood revolution cos in Zidane's case he built on the outstanding organization instilled by Ancelotti and even a short time under Rafa.
The super young coach with no playing experience is a method that's already failed when trying to copy Mourinho with the likes of AVB.

So, finally, with people noticing Klopp's method is full proof (after teasing him for being a bridesmaid and ignoring Dortmund's Bundesliga) they are now finally going to make plans to copy what Jurgen is doing at Liverpool. And I'm not just talking about the obvious pressing, but I mean everything in terms of how he's managed the squad, training, fitness, the whole thing. You can already see Man Utd looking here in advance and trying desperately with some of their recent signings but they have a long way to go and it's not just about transfers.

Why mention this?
I don't care who's doing it and going to do it. It's to underline that Klopp is finally getting the respect he deserves. It's now on another level, you can even hear Jurgen's voice is changing, soon he is going to put that chin beard on... He can even grow a goatee because with the league title and World Cup, he has reason to be even more confident than Rafa.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: December 27, 2019, 08:15:14 am »
People mostly talk about Klopp's pressing as the definition of his style, but one of the defining characteristics of the team to succeed the way we have I haven't heard praise for is our one-touch control and movement in the attacking areas. Dudes, I've not seen this level of control and cutting edge in a Liverpool team before. People think it's because of transfers and that our players are like The Avengers who will be moved to Barcelona and Real Madrid where they can rule the galaxy after dealing with easy peas here... LOL, but the truth is simple, watch the training. Klopp not only knows how to train this perfectly, but he also makes it quite enjoyable. Around the world you get a lot of coaches drawing diagrams and saying we must do this and that, but do they really know how to coach and train it? If it was so easy like a computer game to select 'pressing football' etc, then even I can do Klopp's job. But there's a reason he has all this experience doing it and we are watching him doing it. There's a reason there are so many coaches around the world copying the top coaches but they are still coaching in Mauritius while Klopp is in the Premier League.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 08:17:01 am by SteveZissou »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #783 on: December 27, 2019, 08:40:30 am »
People mostly talk about Klopp's pressing as the definition of his style, but one of the defining characteristics of the team to succeed the way we have I haven't heard praise for is our one-touch control and movement in the attacking areas. Dudes, I've not seen this level of control and cutting edge in a Liverpool team before. People think it's because of transfers and that our players are like The Avengers who will be moved to Barcelona and Real Madrid where they can rule the galaxy after dealing with easy peas here... LOL, but the truth is simple, watch the training. Klopp not only knows how to train this perfectly, but he also makes it quite enjoyable. Around the world you get a lot of coaches drawing diagrams and saying we must do this and that, but do they really know how to coach and train it? If it was so easy like a computer game to select 'pressing football' etc, then even I can do Klopp's job. But there's a reason he has all this experience doing it and we are watching him doing it. There's a reason there are so many coaches around the world copying the top coaches but they are still coaching in Mauritius while Klopp is in the Premier League.

You're right about our one-touch control being superior.

But that's developed in youth. If it was coaching, we'd never have to buy a player. "Natural talent" is a thing. We've been very good in selecting and retaining good one-touch players, and releasing players who might not have been good at it, and were ponderous on the ball for the most part. It's one of the differences between Klopp and Pep. All players who play for Guardiola have to be able to dribble. All players who play for Klopp have to be quick thinkers and decision-makers. Decision-making is the first thing needed to be able to play one-touch football. We've been very good at bringing in quick decision-makers.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: December 27, 2019, 08:47:55 am »
What's going to move into overdrive

First, let's discuss why it hasn't gone into overdrive already:
This is because ambitious clubs are hoping to work on the Pep Guardiola system. Look at Arsenal bringing in Arteta etc. It won't be long before they realise they can't do it without pumping huge wages and fees like City.
The other reason is clubs are looking to do a Zidane (which is another level Pep) as the x player coming and creating a revolution. This of course was a misunderstood revolution cos in Zidane's case he built on the outstanding organization instilled by Ancelotti and even a short time under Rafa.
The super young coach with no playing experience is a method that's already failed when trying to copy Mourinho with the likes of AVB.

You mean treble-winning AVB? Or the current Bundesliga table-topping Nagelsmann? :D

But again, you're right about the copying. The problem is that facsimiles of coaching methods usually don't work as well without the originator. Klopp doesn't do anything special when you examine the methods, he's a pure fundamentals coach. Where he separates himself is his devotion to training the four pillars separately, rather than the global methodology popularized by Mourinho and then Barca.

What everyone's takeaway from Klopp seems to be, is to do more fitness training without the ball. Which is fine and dandy for Liverpool, because it's less about the fitness training and more about the accruing of intelligent athletes with a good game intelligence, and a combination of natural speed, strength and stamina. Then all the coaching staff has to do is train the visual cues, set the organization, and get everyone on the same page for the transition moments and the set pieces.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #785 on: December 27, 2019, 08:55:15 am »
'all...'

Such a small word

:lmao :lmao

Great post above btw

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: December 27, 2019, 08:58:46 am »
'all...'

Such a small word

:lmao :lmao

Great post above btw

;D

Seriously, though, it's way easier to do all the organizational stuff than it is to coach talent and intelligence into a player who doesn't have any. Many a coaching stint has been ended early after being smashed on the rocks of trying to coach the uncoachable!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: December 27, 2019, 09:03:09 am »
Where he separates himself is his devotion to training the four pillars separately, rather than the global methodology popularized by Mourinho and then Barca.

Come on, dude. Explanations for those of us who know nothin'.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: December 27, 2019, 09:15:04 am »
Come on, dude. Explanations for those of us who know nothin'.

Four Pillars: Technique, Tactics, Physical Conditioning, Mentality

The "Global Method" of training (otherwise formerly known as "The Liverpool 5-a-side method ;D) basically tries to train all four components at the same time, thus saving time and allowing for more rest between sessions and games. So instead of structuring a training session like so: Warm-up, Speed work, Technical patterns (passing, dribbling or shooting), Tactical shape or Attack vs Defence, Small Sided Game and/or Large Sided Game, Stamina work, Cool Down - a "Global" session might instead look like this: Warm-up with a ball, speed work with a ball, Keepaway Game/Rondo, Positional Keepaway Games, 3v3-5v5 games, Cool Down.

As you can see, there's a lot less sections in the "Global" method, so sessions can be shorter, tighter and more intense. But there are drawbacks - technique isn't honed as it could be, the small sided method doesn't lend itself to formation and positional repetitions (which weakens defensive work), and you're relying on the honesty of the players (and also heart-rate monitors!) to keep the intensity up to get the fitness desired. Klopp's method is to separate it all out so you can focus on honing each component - training fitness and technical components in the morning session, then doing shape training, unit training (defence, midfield or attack), plus training games or 5-a-sides, in the afternoon, for example. More gets worked on, but recovery time is shorter between each event (training or game), so your sports science team have to be on point, and rotation becomes necessary as the season wears on - which means a good quality squad that is consistent across the level of the team.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: December 27, 2019, 09:28:36 am »
You're right about our one-touch control being superior.

But that's developed in youth. If it was coaching, we'd never have to buy a player. "Natural talent" is a thing. We've been very good in selecting and retaining good one-touch players, and releasing players who might not have been good at it, and were ponderous on the ball for the most part. It's one of the differences between Klopp and Pep. All players who play for Guardiola have to be able to dribble. All players who play for Klopp have to be quick thinkers and decision-makers. Decision-making is the first thing needed to be able to play one-touch football. We've been very good at bringing in quick decision-makers.
Game intelligence is so obvious watching us play.  Sure our players are talented, some are world class but it's the intelligence that stands out.

Just trying to think of occasions where I've thought wtf is he thinking, or why did he do that?

Beckers sending off the other week.  Sakho doing drugs then being a dickhead.  Firminos drink driving charge. 

Can't think of many more.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: December 27, 2019, 10:48:36 am »
Four Pillars: Technique, Tactics, Physical Conditioning, Mentality

The "Global Method" of training (otherwise formerly known as "The Liverpool 5-a-side method ;D) basically tries to train all four components at the same time, thus saving time and allowing for more rest between sessions and games. So instead of structuring a training session like so: Warm-up, Speed work, Technical patterns (passing, dribbling or shooting), Tactical shape or Attack vs Defence, Small Sided Game and/or Large Sided Game, Stamina work, Cool Down - a "Global" session might instead look like this: Warm-up with a ball, speed work with a ball, Keepaway Game/Rondo, Positional Keepaway Games, 3v3-5v5 games, Cool Down.

As you can see, there's a lot less sections in the "Global" method, so sessions can be shorter, tighter and more intense. But there are drawbacks - technique isn't honed as it could be, the small sided method doesn't lend itself to formation and positional repetitions (which weakens defensive work), and you're relying on the honesty of the players (and also heart-rate monitors!) to keep the intensity up to get the fitness desired. Klopp's method is to separate it all out so you can focus on honing each component - training fitness and technical components in the morning session, then doing shape training, unit training (defence, midfield or attack), plus training games or 5-a-sides, in the afternoon, for example. More gets worked on, but recovery time is shorter between each event (training or game), so your sports science team have to be on point, and rotation becomes necessary as the season wears on - which means a good quality squad that is consistent across the level of the team.
Thanks. I can only see our squad getting stronger each transfer window so hopefully that means we become better and better suited to Klopp's methods.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: December 27, 2019, 11:25:23 am »
;D

Seriously, though, it's way easier to do all the organizational stuff than it is to coach talent and intelligence into a player who doesn't have any. Many a coaching stint has been ended early after being smashed on the rocks of trying to coach the uncoachable!

Klopp is lucky to have started his coaching career at senior level. Did any Mainz parents threaten him when he decided that little Dieter had to come off for Hans? I thought not. Did little Gunther cry because Big Bad Hermann had pinched him at a corner? I thought not either. Klopp has never experienced the stormridden rocks of youth coaching.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #792 on: December 27, 2019, 11:59:31 am »
;D

Jose says Hi.

Another one was Jermaine Pennant under Rafa. Bags of talent but thought he knew better than the coach.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #793 on: December 27, 2019, 12:55:43 pm »
Klopp is lucky to have started his coaching career at senior level. Did any Mainz parents threaten him when he decided that little Dieter had to come off for Hans? I thought not. Did little Gunther cry because Big Bad Hermann had pinched him at a corner? I thought not either. Klopp has never experienced the stormridden rocks of youth coaching.

he only had to deal with the experience of coaching a team full of free transfers that no other team wanted  ;D

His work at Mainz is so under-appreciated to this day, so many seriouisly have no idea of what he did there. All you hear (mainly from Mancs trying to compare Solskjaer to him) is 'he got Mainz relegated'. It's crazy. The job he did there was utterly ridiculous. Squads scraped together on frees, for a team who paid the lowest wages in the 2nd division. He and Christian Heidel literally would just phone up players trying to persuade them to sign, only to be laughed at when the talk turned to wages. It was just crazy what they achieved. 

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: December 27, 2019, 01:05:42 pm »
he only had to deal with the experience of coaching a team full of free transfers that no other team wanted  ;D

His work at Mainz is so under-appreciated to this day, so many seriouisly have no idea of what he did there. All you hear (mainly from Mancs trying to compare Solskjaer to him) is 'he got Mainz relegated'. It's crazy. The job he did there was utterly ridiculous. Squads scraped together on frees, for a team who paid the lowest wages in the 2nd division. He and Christian Heidel literally would just phone up players trying to persuade them to sign, only to be laughed at when the talk turned to wages. It was just crazy what they achieved. 

His experience at Mainz is also why he wants to stay here a while longer. Phasing out our front 3 and Van Dijk is going to be difficult and personally painful for the manager doing it, so he wants to be the one to do it. He says that it was more painful at Mainz than it will be here, as the players being let go didn't necessarily have another club to go to.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: December 27, 2019, 06:45:37 pm »
You mean treble-winning AVB? Or the current Bundesliga table-topping Nagelsmann? :D

But again, you're right about the copying.

Hi. Good posts.
In terms of AVB and Nagelsmann. Well, AVB was awesome in some places and awful in some places. I actually thought he'd be better than Mourinho based on some of his success. However, I'm not saying such coaches won't be successful, I'm just saying it's not the no.1 choice for Mr Copycat owner/director at this point for noted reasons.

Regarding coaching the uncoachable, yes true. In this subject, I'm pointing out there are some coaches and wannabe coaches who say they want to achieve X, Y, Z but don't know how to coach to get X, Y, Z. Now, of course you bring in players that fit that system (unless you're Man Utd) and then the training and coaching does make a difference obviously. But yeah, also obviously, it's not going to turn someone like me into Salah just with Klopp's training, in the same way Salah can try how hard he wants but he will never be as good as me in certain attributes.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:22:09 pm by SteveZissou »

Offline ryan125

• Kopite
« Reply #796 on: December 28, 2019, 12:44:55 am »
Does anyone have a gif of Klopp giving the team talk during extra time of the club World Cup Final? It looked he was talking about players leaning on their knees and then said under no circumstances should he see this. Interesting if so. I think it really speaks to the importance klopp places in mental strength and physical supremacy.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: December 28, 2019, 01:15:14 am »
Does anyone have a gif of Klopp giving the team talk during extra time of the club World Cup Final? It looked he was talking about players leaning on their knees and then said under no circumstances should he see this. Interesting if so. I think it really speaks to the importance klopp places in mental strength and physical supremacy.
Never show your weaknesses to your enemy.  Psychologically that plays straight into their hands.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #798 on: December 28, 2019, 01:21:19 am »
1 Game to go but I would say this might be the best year Liverpool have ever had, regardless of whether Wolves do us.

We've had better years in some respects (trophies, first time trophy wins, domination, big leaps and all ) but I'm not sure there has been a year where (despite disappointments) we've not had a bad week on the pitch.

Now let's make 2020 better.

Thank you Jurgen
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #799 on: December 28, 2019, 10:20:09 am »
He's like Coach Carter. First and foremost, he made us run, run more than anyone else. He made us fitter, so that we could do it for the full 90.

Jokes aside, our players rue the pre-season because he works them to the bone but they have reaped the rewards seeing how much more they can endure over the season. He's not only ensuring we have great seasons here, but these players will have longer careers because of how well they are taken care of and educated about taking care of themselves. He values their health so highly, wherein in the past you'd see managers rush players back from injuries or not allow bedding time for new signings but with Klopp, you get a proper patient approach to get to the level you need to be.