Author Topic: I saw a ghost tonight.  (Read 121367 times)

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
I saw a ghost tonight.
« on: October 15, 2004, 12:04:57 am »
Walking the dog in the park at the top of our Crescent. Headphones on listening to some vibes and having a smoke. Around 8.00 at night quiet and dark.

Turned around and saw this lady dressed in white with a black and white dog on the hill.

Get's to the gate [only one way in and one way out] and thinks "How did you beat me to the gate" I have long legs and walk fast?

Turns around and goes around again - no one there. Our Dog was going ape at something, but I couldn't see anytyhing.

I don't drink mid week so I'm not seeing things.

Any ideas.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I saw a ghost tonight.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 12:06:24 am »
smoking cigarettes?

Offline Sam

• Has eyes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 12:06:37 am »
having a smoke

:D

Seriously, though likely a logical explanation, but very weird.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 12:10:04 am »
No.  Having a wiff on Hamlets. I don't smoke nothing else.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 12:14:05 am »
was it Ophelia walking the dog perhaps feeling a little jealous?

Roddysul

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 12:20:24 am »
zoinks

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 09:57:40 am »
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Smiffy

• Legacy Fan
  • Yesh Yesh Yesh
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 09:58:50 am »
Wowzers.
May I present to you, the very sexual, the very toite, Austin Power's fassia.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 01:22:10 pm »
Good job it wasnt a bloke, it might have put the willies up ya  :o
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 01:28:34 pm »
I seen a UFO once – I wasn’t even on me own so have others to verify the fact, was years ago – no one believes us like  :)
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 01:43:57 pm »
A lady dressed in white, who was quick and elusive. You sure it wasn't Michael Owen in drag, sneaking back into the country?

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 02:09:04 pm »
I seen a UFO once – I wasn’t even on me own so have others to verify the fact, was years ago – no one believes us like  :)

So..for you did that UFO equal Alien spacecraft or unofficial aircraft?
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline man in brown

• Anny Roader
  • Quick, wrap that hamster in sellotape
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 02:20:55 pm »
me and my mate (whos a protestant) were once lounging by a river having a few tokes when clearly in the sky appered the letters INLA in cloud form....was truly freaky.....a message from God?....i doubt it.
"My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem.But they dont really know me."

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 02:23:45 pm »
The effects of Magic Mushrooms once contributed to a dolphin flying out of a cup. Evolution?......i doubt it.
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline man in brown

• Anny Roader
  • Quick, wrap that hamster in sellotape
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 02:30:27 pm »
thats true....i once had a reasonable conversation with a patterned carpet.....LSD causing me to hallucinate....most definitely
"My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem.But they dont really know me."

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 04:32:26 pm »
 ;D Sounds like fun.

Offline Rafa-Revolution

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 05:04:36 pm »
I saw a ghost in our old house once and my brother used to see it all the time.  An ugly old man.  Can never be a nice young woman can it?   ???
Jumpers for goalposts hmmmm

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 05:11:29 pm »
I saw a ghost in our old house once and my brother used to see it all the time.  An ugly old man.  Can never be a nice young woman can it?   ???
So you had a touch of the ghoolies from an ugly old man ;)
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Lynz

• Pink custard from Prague
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sexy Chick!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 05:16:35 pm »
I see my Grandad sittin at the bottom of my bed all the time  :)

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 05:21:13 pm »
I would love to see a ghost and be utterly convinced of it. Ive saw something in the past which was just a haze/light type thing and i was leaning toward it being of the paranormal but i think in the end it was just down to reflections.

Anyone who claims to have seen a ghost i would certainly love to hear you tell a bit more.

Offline The Kopster

• Whoop! Whoop!
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop--up the reds
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 05:39:21 pm »
As i am Psychic i went to my mates flat once and got an impression of a man in a long black coat with a hat on in the corner.I had no knowledge of any history of the place.When i told him about my experience,he went white and said that his bird had woken up in the middle of the night and seen a man fitting the description i give him,standing at the end of the bed.Later found out the place was the old Walton workhouse on Rice Lane!
That proper unnerved me and i am a believer!
NEVER BUY THE SUN!
I NEVER NOTICED HIS NOSE TIL ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO,AND ME MOTHER ASKED ME BEFORE I LEFT FOR AMERICA IF I WANTED ANY SANDWICHES!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 05:39:31 pm »
Our grandmother was reputed to have psychic powers and once told me that I had them (of which more another time)

She told a story about a time when one of the older generation was very ill (live/die scenario) and being nursed at home. In those times, people used to sit up all night and watch over someone that ill.

In the early hours of the morning, she was awoken by a strange cold draft. She sat up in bed and could see something nebulous and vaguely white by the door. Oddly she didn't feel frightened. WHen she got up and walked towards it, she could suddenly see her long dead grandmothers face. The thing beckoned her to follow and moved off down the stairs.

It stopped outside of the sickroom.

Our grandmother went into the room expecting to see the sick uncle dead. Instead, she saw her father (Who was on nursing duty) asleep in the chair next to the open fire. WIth his long nightgown just on fire.

In a hurry she woke him and smothered the flames.

When she remembered what had made her come down at about 3am in the morning, she looked about for the apparition but it had gone.
-------------------------------

When it comes down to it, whether she saw something or not is all down to that one commodity in such short supply these days FAITH.

I wasn't there when this happened, but the lady it happened to was not prone to lying or exagerating and very obviously believed what she experienced.
I lived in that house as a kid and went back into it a few times as an adult and I can tell you that there was most definitely some "presence" there.
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 05:41:59 pm »
Excellent stuff, more of that please.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 05:52:22 pm »
I've got a ghost of a middle aged woman in my bedroom. Not seen her myself but my brother has when he used to live in the house. Girlfriend saw her one morning last Christmas, said she (the ghost) had a lovely feeling about her.I used to feel a presence in the room but not anymore.

Me Mum's house in Everton was well haunted, my Uncle's have experienced time slips to the Victorian era, Mum saw 3ft high people marching around under the table and my Grandad used to get scared going in the back bedroom - he was an ex-Desert Rat and hard as nails.

When my Mum and Dad first got married, they lived in my other Nan's house in Walton. One morning Dad comes down and me Mum asked him "Hows Robert?". "Oh he's fine, me Dads looking in his cot playing with him" Thing was, me Grandad died 5 years before I was born.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mottman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 05:52:23 pm »
Our grandmother was reputed to have psychic powers and once told me that I had them (of which more another time)

She told a story about a time when one of the older generation was very ill (live/die scenario) and being nursed at home. In those times, people used to sit up all night and watch over someone that ill.

In the early hours of the morning, she was awoken by a strange cold draft. She sat up in bed and could see something nebulous and vaguely white by the door. Oddly she didn't feel frightened. WHen she got up and walked towards it, she could suddenly see her long dead grandmothers face. The thing beckoned her to follow and moved off down the stairs.

It stopped outside of the sickroom.

Our grandmother went into the room expecting to see the sick uncle dead. Instead, she saw her father (Who was on nursing duty) asleep in the chair next to the open fire. WIth his long nightgown just on fire.

In a hurry she woke him and smothered the flames.

When she remembered what had made her come down at about 3am in the morning, she looked about for the apparition but it had gone.
-------------------------------

When it comes down to it, whether she saw something or not is all down to that one commodity in such short supply these days FAITH.

I wasn't there when this happened, but the lady it happened to was not prone to lying or exagerating and very obviously believed what she experienced.
I lived in that house as a kid and went back into it a few times as an adult and I can tell you that there was most definitely some "presence" there.

As Zappa is my brother.. I remember this well.

When you are the presence of a sprit, you know automatically - there is a change in the athmosphere. The few times I have experienced this I have never been afraid, far from it?

When our Dad died, I knew that exact moment that he had passed away something inside told me so. He was with me for quite a while [some weeks] after that checking everything was alright with the family and that.

He still visit's everynow and then.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 06:02:56 pm »

When our Dad died, I knew that exact moment that he had passed away something inside told me so. He was with me for quite a while [some weeks] after that checking everything was alright with the family and that.

He still visit's everynow and then.

Same thing happened to my Girlfriend when her dad died.Her and her Mum had exactly the same dream, he came to them intact (he had a hole in his face due to cancer) and said goodbye. Woke them both up.They got a phone call within minutes to say he'd died.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Roddysul

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 06:23:03 pm »
me too when my mum died.  She hadn't been in the slightest ill and was still relatively young.  I was six thousand miles away in South America driving to Punto Arenas.  Felt a strange presence with me in the 4x4  and looked out to see a group of wild horses had appeared from somewhere and were galloping like crazy along with the truck - very weird. But when we got to punto Arenas and my missus rang home - I knew somehom my mum had died.  The horses thing I am sure relates to an incident when she looked out of her window in Dublin and saw a wild horse legging it down the street - she always used to love telling that story.

Have also seen poltergeist activity with my own eyes - windows flying open - lifts moving on their own (when there's no electricity supply attached to them) that sort of thing in a mate's house (that used o be a nursing home)

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 06:47:11 pm »
Fuck off the lot of ya.  I live in an old WW11 RAF house (previous post) and my missus says she seen some fella looking out of our bedroom window one night (shes a bit septic, sorry psychic) and I just laughed.  Now I stick me head out of the bedroom everytime I go for a slash in the night, I'm gonna have to get a potty or just swamp in future.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2004, 07:33:23 pm »
;D

Ive just watched Goodfellas, from goodfellas i looked for Henry Hill on the comp, Henry Hill and Goodfellas to Nicholas Pileggi, Pileggi to upcoming works, upcoming works to future films, and future films lead me to various future films and trailers. Saw the trailer for a film called White noise. Basically the story is based on EVP (Electronic voice phenomena) and this is the ability apparently to record voices from the dead onto modern day recording equipment.

Interesting stuff, so as i type i have set up my recorder on the landing near the top of my stairs (don't know why but that area is freaky to me) so if i catch any voices you're going to hear from me!  :wave  ;D

Offline Rafa-Revolution

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2004, 07:49:38 pm »
Excellent stuff, more of that please.

You're not that  Tom Slemmen in disguise are ya?  When I gave him the story of my ghost, he changed all the details and read it out on radio.  Bet it also appears in one of his books too.  Just a researcher Slemmen not an expert.  Give credit to those who deserve it. Plagiarism is alive and well.  :upyours  Didn't have the guts to reply to my email either.!
Jumpers for goalposts hmmmm

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2004, 07:53:25 pm »
 ;D Yes i am Tom Slemmen what you gonna do about it?

No really, im not but that did make me laugh fella. More ghost stories!

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 10:00:40 pm »
All that stuff puts the shits up me, ever since we done that ouji (spelling) board on a grave one night in a old cemetary.

This is the gods honest truth this like, no word of a lie. This is what happened-

Me mates were doing it, one of them had a piece of paper, blank piece. They fucked about with the board for a while. Said it was a dog or something. Anyway after they'd finished, we were walking along and me mate got stuck, we tried to lift him up, push him but his feet were stuck to the ground mate. He wasnt moving at all, he throws up, goes in his pocket and the piece of paper has the blokes name on it from the grave they did the board from. For months afterwards he was screaming, really hysterical and swore a big black dog was followin him around, we never seen it but he was in such a state he had to see a physciartrist (spelling) Stuff like that has scared me ever since. He still isnt right either
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2004, 11:21:13 pm »
Did anyone hear the story on Radio1 this morning about most haunted? (Living TV)

Apparently there was a techician setting up in a 'haunted site' on his own and he started to shat his pants

To cut a longish story short  he apparently got beat up by a ghost  ;D

We heard the usual theres something here commentary followed by screams and shouts. His mate on another floor shouts get outta there. After about a minute or so this poor 'soul' screams I cant they've pinned me down he sounded like he was getting tw@tted. I shouldnt larf but  ;D ;D ;D

Cant wait for the actual TV footage in December  ;)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2004, 11:30:22 pm »
All that stuff puts the shits up me, ever since we done that ouji (spelling) board on a grave one night in a old cemetary.

This is the gods honest truth this like, no word of a lie. This is what happened-

Me mates were doing it, one of them had a piece of paper, blank piece. They fucked about with the board for a while. Said it was a dog or something. Anyway after they'd finished, we were walking along and me mate got stuck, we tried to lift him up, push him but his feet were stuck to the ground mate. He wasnt moving at all, he throws up, goes in his pocket and the piece of paper has the blokes name on it from the grave they did the board from. For months afterwards he was screaming, really hysterical and swore a big black dog was followin him around, we never seen it but he was in such a state he had to see a physciartrist (spelling) Stuff like that has scared me ever since. He still isnt right either

Now that is something i'd love to do. Im absolutely fine going places like that on my own, infact a while back to sober up after a night out i'd go for a walk with my music on, and on occasions found myself sitting in the cemetary on various benches. In a way i think i wanted to see something happen. I'm intruiged as fuck and would love to see something but alas nothing as of yet.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2004, 11:57:35 pm »
this stuff scares the shit out of me to be honest, Dont know why, just reading these threads I get a cold feeling. I'm positive that there is such a thing as ghosts.

One of my mates nans lives in a really old house in the middle of nowhere (its over 400 years old), he reckons he saw one in the attic when he was little, but were abit skeptical about that.
However, one night it was just his mum, her sister and his nan in the living room. Suddenly theres this old woman humming, the noise moving down where the stairs used to be (they had been moved to the side of the house years ago). It gradually moves into the lounge, his aunty tells his nan to shut up or something, but she wasnt humming. Then it just stopped.

Really makes you wonder what really does happen when you die tho. If these ghosts are wondering around where are the ones who arn't ghosts?

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2004, 12:02:16 am »

Now that is something i'd love to do. Im absolutely fine going places like that on my own, infact a while back to sober up after a night out i'd go for a walk with my music on, and on occasions found myself sitting in the cemetary on various benches. In a way i think i wanted to see something happen. I'm intruiged as fuck and would love to see something but alas nothing as of yet.

I dont know about that mate, it was well dodgy I thought, wouldnt mess with it to be honest. I wouldnt do it again, i nearly shit a brick wall! Ive seen loads of stuff with ghosts and all that, but nothing as scary as the ouji board. Cemetary where I live though, people reckon they see all kinds there all the time. You should give it a try if your ever in the north east  ;D
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Mottman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2004, 12:06:08 am »
this stuff scares the shit out of me to be honest, Dont know why, just reading these threads I get a cold feeling. I'm positive that there is such a thing as ghosts.

One of my mates nans lives in a really old house in the middle of nowhere (its over 400 years old), he reckons he saw one in the attic when he was little, but were abit skeptical about that.
However, one night it was just his mum, her sister and his nan in the living room. Suddenly theres this old woman humming, the noise moving down where the stairs used to be (they had been moved to the side of the house years ago). It gradually moves into the lounge, his aunty tells his nan to shut up or something, but she wasnt humming. Then it just stopped.

Really makes you wonder what really does happen when you die tho. If these ghosts are wondering around where are the ones who arn't ghosts?

Why be scared of something that is trying to make contact?

Why do people feel this way?

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2004, 12:08:25 am »
FFS who's ever been killed by a ghost get a grip  8)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2004, 12:08:55 am »

Why be scared of something that is trying to make contact?

Why do people feel this way?
honestly dont know. Ive thought about that before. Why am i scared of this kinda thing? Its just my natural reaction I guess. Maybe if I actually saw one then I'd feel differently.

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2004, 12:09:16 am »
Thats exactly how I'd see it if indeed it did indeed occur Motty. The thought of it doesn't scare me one bit, it would fascinate me.