Author Topic: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)  (Read 24181 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)
« Reply #120 on: December 3, 2021, 06:58:15 pm »
The thread said 'in their prime' and 'judged for how they played at their best club' so what is this flip flopping about? I'm really confused as fuck now. Sure I could change van Dijk to Liverpool but it's not fair in one bit to change the rules after someone did the first pick. I will vote on any players' prime, period.

This should be settled for good in round one and it should definitely not be in settled for what didn't stand in the thread when picking began :o
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: December 3, 2021, 06:59:18 pm »
The thread said 'in their prime' and 'judged for how they played at their best club' so what is this flip flopping about? I'm really confused as fuck now. Sure I could change van Dijk to Liverpool but it's not fair in one bit to change the rules after someone did the first pick. I will vote on any players' prime, period.

Its been changed since Salah was picked for Chelsea.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #122 on: December 3, 2021, 07:00:16 pm »
The rules still say that the player is judged by their performance 'for their best club'. It's right there.
Linudden.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: December 3, 2021, 07:02:20 pm »

The rules got changed after the first pick & he was happy to change Salah to LFC from Chelsea (he even did LFC orginally).

Stop trying to cause drama that's not there.

You pick players based on where they were great in the PL, everyone has agreed that since the first pick. (I changed it to make people happy)

People love to moan!  ;D

Van Dijk will be judged at Southampton if that club is chosen, as that's what everyone is picking on so far.  You can change the pick if you want (or put LFC instead of Southampton).
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 07:04:30 pm by JordanTremenderson »

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #124 on: December 3, 2021, 07:04:12 pm »
Stupid crap. No draft is itself without tactics.
Linudden.

• Kopite
« Reply #125 on: December 3, 2021, 07:05:33 pm »
Stupid crap. No draft is itself without tactics.

I thought it was better the other way too, but I think we were in the minority.

Most thought the opposite.

I followed the crowd.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #126 on: December 3, 2021, 07:07:05 pm »
Should've been averted by setting a minimum appearance total for any given club in the Prem say 25. Anyone could still change the club allegience of their first pick if they choose to do so :wave

So the Salah at Chelsea farce is completely avoidable without compromising anything.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 07:10:19 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

• Kopite
« Reply #127 on: December 3, 2021, 07:11:48 pm »
Should've been averted by setting a minimum appearance total for any given club in the Prem say 25. Anyone could still change the club allegience of their first pick if they choose to do so :wave

So the Salah at Chelsea farce is completely avoidable without compromising anything.

and then someone will moan about that.

I can't win!

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #128 on: December 3, 2021, 07:13:11 pm »
There wasn't even a majority demanding that change. Just a couple with a couple against. I don't know where you got that from to be honest! There's not much point doing a draft where you can't even take a team at face value when voting for them and more hands tied behind your back than Athletic Bilbao :boxhead

Imagine Scott Parker being picked. How the hell do you even distinguish his career between 55 London clubs and determine which was which?
Linudden.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #129 on: December 3, 2021, 07:18:12 pm »
So Lin should have picked Virgil for Southampton then, as I was about to. As this thread says player judged at peak, and the selection thread says player will be judged at the club they thrived at the most (which implies not necessarily the chosen team)

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #130 on: December 3, 2021, 07:19:15 pm »
I did but then I got told he'd be judged at Southampton which is not what the rules say in the selection description.

So I reverted back against the advice of the regulations (which I assume will conventiently be amended in ten minutes after the fact) :lmao

Fuck it I'm going thug life and picking him for Southampton. Be damned if I don't.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 07:29:52 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: December 3, 2021, 07:21:03 pm »
Imagine Scott Parker being picked. How the hell do you even distinguish his career between 55 London clubs and determine which was which?

A big bag of meh.  That's how.

So Lin should have picked Virgil for Southampton then, as I was about to. As this thread says player judged at peak, and the selection thread says player will be judged at the club they thrived at the most (which implies not necessarily the chosen team)

No I answered that above.

The rule changed from the initial idea.  You pick the club where the players was best at.

It's very simple.

More picking, less moaning.

• Kopite
« Reply #132 on: December 3, 2021, 07:25:09 pm »
I did but then I got told he'd be judged at Southampton which is what the rules say.

So I reverted back against the advice of the regulations (which I assume will conventiently be amended in ten minutes after the fact) :lmao

Fuck it I'm going thug life and picking him for Southampton. Be damned if I don't.

What's so hard to understand?

The rule was there.  Many didn't like it so requested it to be changed, so it was.

It hasn't affected anyone.  Now you're kicking up a fuss and saying you'll just do what you want anyway.

As I said, I can't win.  It's a thankless task trying to organise this, you clearly aren't helping.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #133 on: December 3, 2021, 07:27:21 pm »
'Many' ;D

Hilarious. Even if someone decides to judge van Dijk on Southampton I mean he got sold for £75 million so and centre backs will be in short supply towards the end.

I'll vote on however good I thought the player was in general and I assume many others will. I understand why people might think picking Owen for Stoke is a pisstake, but taking the piss and being creative are two different things. Ultimately we should just let it go and judge the player for at their best and then let the court of public opinion ditch 'Owen for Stoke or Rio for QPR' picks.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 07:33:14 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: December 3, 2021, 07:32:31 pm »
'Many' ;D

Hilarious.

No one disagreed at the time. 

Now you pipe up and start acting like a dick!

Do what you want.  I'm past caring.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #135 on: December 3, 2021, 07:32:36 pm »
Linudden making friends again  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #136 on: December 3, 2021, 07:35:46 pm »
Linudden making friends again  ;D

There's a hidden 'Lin is a Libertarian wanker' vote anyway so I'm not winning any draft so why not? ;D
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 3, 2021, 07:41:26 pm »
The van dijk at southampton isn't that bad. Atleast he spent a few seasons there. probably why the min appearance thing was a good idea. if a player has spent more than the min number, then he's fair game

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 3, 2021, 07:41:43 pm »
Just pm'd John C asking him to ban some c*nts.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 3, 2021, 07:42:48 pm »
Seriously? Stevie G, 7th pick of best in the premier league?
Was he or Suarez for me. Surprised Sangria plumped for modric over him. Yeah he still has his liverpool pick but he's not gonna get a liverpool legend is he!

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #140 on: December 3, 2021, 07:43:19 pm »
Just pm'd John C asking him to ban some c*nts.

If Lobo is on that list you're ain't getting no Christmas Card from me this year mate ;D

We should just retroactively say 50 games for a club and their full PL career judged as a middle ground. Doubt anyone regrets their pick either way. Class players so far. Salah, Henry, Suárez, Shearer, Modric, Agüero, Gerrard and van Dijk is a top-line start for sure.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 07:46:14 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 3, 2021, 07:45:45 pm »
Was he or Suarez for me. Surprised Sangria plumped for modric over him. Yeah he still has his liverpool pick but he's not gonna get a liverpool legend is he!

Suarez is a great pick, I’d still have him as the best ever in the PL in terms of his peak. 13/14 he was absolutely untouchable
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #142 on: December 3, 2021, 07:47:06 pm »
Luis vs Norwich at Anfield is the most insane performance from any player probably in English football history. The goals he casually scored that night wtf? :o
Linudden.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 3, 2021, 07:47:48 pm »

It's not as simple as that though. Once you pick a club, you can't pick any other players from that club unless they played for someone else so there is an element of making picks tactically as otherwise you'll have half a crap team as draft goes on. That's what I'm telling myself anyway, because the longer this drags on, the more I'm feeling like Gob Bluth when he's made a huge tiny mistake.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 3, 2021, 07:48:02 pm »
Suarez is a great pick, I’d still have him as the best ever in the PL in terms of his peak. 13/14 he was absolutely untouchable
Surprised Linudden has Ronaldo ahead of him.... ;D ::)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #145 on: December 3, 2021, 07:48:12 pm »
I'm voting strictly on the rules as they have been set out, very kindly by Jordan, above. Except for Lobo. For those relatively new to drafting, you vote against him as a matter of course. There are no exceptions. It's a given.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #146 on: December 3, 2021, 07:50:19 pm »
Surprised Linudden has Ronaldo ahead of him.... ;D ::)

The problem with Luis is that he spent so many games suspended and a rather short time in England. Let's just say that had he stayed to eventually probably play for Klopp, I think he'd broken the PL all-time top scorer record. Especially if having Mo and Sadio on either wing.
Linudden.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #147 on: December 3, 2021, 07:54:15 pm »

Oops. Genuinely have given this no thought again! Was mulling over Henry and Shearer and when they went I was just thinking of strikers.

You going to play him at right back?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 3, 2021, 07:57:27 pm »
It's not as simple as that though. Once you pick a club, you can't pick any other players from that club unless they played for someone else so there is an element of making picks tactically as otherwise you'll have half a crap team as draft goes on. That's what I'm telling myself anyway, because the longer this drags on, the more I'm feeling like Gob Bluth when he's made a huge tiny mistake.

But Stevie G seventh, Haze, you pick your best men first then research the shit out of it. I feel like I've cheated. It's like being given a cheat code. I've broke the Bank at Monte Carlo. I'm gonna spend, spend, spend....

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 3, 2021, 07:57:45 pm »
There's a hidden 'Lin is a Libertarian wanker' vote anyway so I'm not winning any draft so why not? ;D

Linudden does the Siuuuu celebration every time Ronaldo scores. Spread the word.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #150 on: December 3, 2021, 08:02:47 pm »
Linudden does the Siuuuu celebration every time Ronaldo scores. Spread the word.

It's the teetotaller conspiracy me and him got going on ;D
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 3, 2021, 08:05:33 pm »
The problem with Luis is that he spent so many games suspended and a rather short time in England. Let's just say that had he stayed to eventually probably play for Klopp, I think he'd broken the PL all-time top scorer record. Especially if having Mo and Sadio on either wing.
He plays like a demon possessed, hurtling to the sun and to damn with getting burnt. Is this actually true though?? barely remember yesterday these days
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 08:15:37 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 3, 2021, 08:11:18 pm »
I mean….Stevie is easily the best midfielder in the PL

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 3, 2021, 08:14:36 pm »
But Stevie G seventh, Haze, you pick your best men first then research the shit out of it. I feel like I've cheated. It's like being given a cheat code. I've broke the Bank at Monte Carlo. I'm gonna spend, spend, spend....

We'll see when this draft it over. I'll either end up looking like Jurgen Klopp or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (probably the latter).

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #154 on: December 3, 2021, 08:39:45 pm »

Not a patch on Lampard.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #155 on: December 3, 2021, 08:47:10 pm »

Let’s see what good it does you.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 3, 2021, 08:47:46 pm »

Best player ever, pal. Ever, ever...ever...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 3, 2021, 08:49:44 pm »
Not a patch on Lampard.

Or Tony Cahill. Was in every best Merseyside team

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 3, 2021, 08:50:39 pm »
Let’s see what good it does you.

No, ! ?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #159 on: December 3, 2021, 09:07:27 pm »
STFU and get moving.
Y.N.W.A.