Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Porto Thiago ‘52 Salah ‘70  (Read 12529 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Porto Thiago ‘52 Salah ‘70
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2021, 10:17:31 pm »
yet again the ref didn't buy any of their shite. The European refs are light-years ahead of anything the PL have to offer

That's why it was harder for us to get beaten in CL. Rules are following and common sense is applied more consistently.

In the PL, the refs just like to take every opportunity to screw us over.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2021, 10:18:01 pm »
He got his fucking hug. He can shut up and be grateful.

It was due to the crowd shouting his name wasn't it? He was surprised by it.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2021, 10:18:52 pm »
Really didn't get out of 2nd gear and still won easy. Some of the whining on here at half time  :lmao :lmao

Porto and Madrid spent more time playacting and diving in these group games than playing football. Two pathetic clubs.

This is what I don't understand about such teams. They actually have some really good players and good ability. If they got it together and played the game properly instead of falling over at every opportunity then they'd do well. Sometimes it's just a mentality thing.

Luis Diaz is a good player for them. Plenty of pace and skill. He'll be moving on to a better team for sure, far too good for that lot.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2021, 10:20:16 pm »
Sooo sweeeet... :)

Love it!  He's not even in frame when the ball comes out. He just targets it and runs it down.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2021, 10:20:33 pm »
In slow motion replay, it looks like a eagle swooping down to find its prey and then taking flight. Beautiful strike.
Like a 787 Dreamliner doing a go-around, because the pilot just feels the joy of it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2021, 10:21:32 pm »
That's why it was harder for us to get beaten in CL. Rules are following and common sense is applied more consistently.

This.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2021, 10:21:40 pm »
Comfortable in the end and really controlled the second half.

Unbelievable goal from Thiago.

Really happy for Morton.

Really odd from Porto though. Chasing the game and just wasted loads of time with 'injuries'

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2021, 10:21:58 pm »
It was due to the crowd shouting his name wasn't it? He was surprised by it.

His expression seemed almost sheepish surprise, like he didn't think he'd earned it, despite his goal!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2021, 10:22:21 pm »
If we don’t play the girls under 11s vs Milan yo knock out Atletico I’ll be in a rage.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2021, 10:22:51 pm »
I still cant work out if Thiagos shot brushes the turf or not.. Almost looked like when you throw a Frisbee in a certain way and it curves upwards... Sensational strike.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2021, 10:23:33 pm »

Really happy for Morton.

Really odd from Porto though. Chasing the game and just wasted loads of time with 'injuries'

I think they were told to control the damage and not let in too many goals in case it ended up on goal difference.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2021, 10:25:43 pm »
I still cant work out if Thiagos shot brushes the turf or not.. Almost looked like when you throw a Frisbee in a certain way and it curves upwards... Sensational strike.

I don't think it does - he just put so much backspin on it that it starts to lift again as it's about to touch the grass.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2021, 10:26:55 pm »
Lovely little return from Hendo but Mo's ability to put defenders on their arses is sublime.  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2021, 10:28:02 pm »
Lovely little return from Hendo but Mo's ability to put defenders on their arses is sublime.  :)

He sent that defender out for a hot dog there.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2021, 10:29:52 pm »
Love it!  He's not even in frame when the ball comes out. He just targets it and runs it down.

I was watching it on a slight delay so I knew that he had scored, but watching the free kick, I couldn't see him in the frame, so was kind of expecting a long-distance screamer from him

he didn't disappoint  :)

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2021, 10:30:31 pm »

Puts the defender on his back twice, first time with the little feint, then just as he’s sitting up he turns round to see the ball go in the net and lies back down again.  ;D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2021, 10:32:44 pm »
Can I ask now what replaces the away goals rule for deciding ties in the knockout phase?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2021, 10:33:49 pm »

Typically, yes. That offside goal was bullshit though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2021, 10:33:50 pm »

Really happy for Morton.

This is why I think they are so poor in the final third or with the final pass. They keep looking for any opportunity to go down for a free kick or penalty which it leaves them in two minds when a chance comes along meaning that they lose focus on actually playing the pass or finishing.

Also obsessed with tugging the shirt of the opponents, especially on the blind side rather than defending properly.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2021, 10:37:23 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/r1flbw/thiagos_shot_trajectory/

Thiago's goal on slowmo. Enjoy.
Had to watch it about 10 times wondering if it actually hits the ground or not. Seems to just float up off the top of the grass with the backspin.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2021, 10:39:44 pm »

'Ohh ah I've fallen Vic'

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2021, 10:47:15 pm »
This is why I think they are so poor in the final third or with the final pass. They keep looking for any opportunity to go down for a free kick or penalty which it leaves them in two minds when a chance comes along meaning that they lose focus on actually playing the pass or finishing.

Also obsessed with tugging the shirt of the opponents, especially on the blind side rather than defending properly.

They should hire Ole.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2021, 10:50:17 pm »

he's a wizard, should play in a cloak  ;D

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2021, 10:52:21 pm »

If you believe so. I don't believe the ref in the Madrid game 2nd one was good  harsh sending off and booked Jota for handball when he couldn't get out the way if it

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2021, 11:03:08 pm »
Thought Morton was excellent, great range of passing.

fantastic introduction for the lad.  he's a natural.

Online terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2021, 11:03:20 pm »
Surely Minamino’s goal should have stood?

It reached him after being deliberately played by an opponent so he’s onside.

Very much like one of Bobby’s in Porto.

It’s a daft rule (law) as a more sensible solution would be for only deliberate back passes to count. But as things are, it was a good goal.

“ A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.”

Also, BT didn’t show a proper replay of the Origi incident but it looked very like a red card could have been given.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2021, 11:07:22 pm »
From the Desert Red Fox link posted earlier.

Magician or physicist? You decide. :)

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2021, 11:07:56 pm »
If we don’t play the girls under 11s vs Milan yo knock out Atletico I’ll be in a rage.

I don't know. Might be best Atletico stay in so they might do a job on another big side in the last 16

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2021, 11:07:58 pm »
Porto and Madrid spent more time playacting and diving in these group games than playing football. Two pathetic clubs.

their upcoming game should be a classic display of acting.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2021, 11:14:07 pm »
That Thiago strike.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2021, 11:14:51 pm »

if I didn't know better (and maybe I don't) it looks like he hit it so it went down to get through the defenders legs then rose to deceive the goalie.

wow.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2021, 11:16:05 pm »

It gets more and more ridiculous every time I look at it. How the fuck do you hit a ball like that?!! Insane technique.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2021, 11:28:07 pm »
It gets more and more ridiculous every time I look at it. How the fuck do you hit a ball like that?!! Insane technique.
I can honestly say I've never rewatched a goal as often as this one; it is technical perfection.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2021, 11:35:15 pm »
The other angle for completeness:

Mesmerising.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2021, 11:38:31 pm »
Can I ask now what replaces the away goals rule for deciding ties in the knockout phase?

Number of defenders set on their collective arse(s)...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2021, 11:51:07 pm »
Thats Matrix Level shit that. Its like he knows theres an invisible Lake of air and hes just twatted that like a pebble across the water.

Hes that guy in old adverts were he drives to the mountains in his pick up. Pulls up next to the lake, his Dog jumps out the back an he throws a boomerang that his dog retrieves mid air.

Makes me sick

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2021, 12:08:50 am »
2-0! Impressive. It wasn't our best performance, but given the team we used and the team we played, this was quite impressive. Thiago's rocket was a beauty and Salah is Salah. Really liked what I saw from Morton. Again. He's young, this is the CL and he plays in a position where every mistake could result in real difficulties. So, how many times did that happen? What I remember is how he chased back and cleared the ball from one of Porto's best chances and when he found a way to solve potentially difficult situations. We will see more of him. For sure. I believe he will start against Milan too.

Five in a row!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2021, 12:22:26 am »
Consecutive games scoring 2 or more goals by top flight teams in all competitions:

Liverpool are now at 16 in a row.

The record is 17 by Sunderland. End of run 16/02/1927

on 16:
Everton End of run 15/12/1894
Wolves End of run 15/04/1939

on 15:
Man City End of run 23/11/1929

As one can see, it's rare to do it. Especially in the modern era. So two more matches to set the record for ourselves.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2021, 12:28:21 am »
The other angle for completeness:

Mesmerising.

This is special really. Hypnotic even... keep trying to see how he generates this much power hitting it in that way... brilliant... just brilliant.