Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft  (Read 21588 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft
« Reply #880 on: October 21, 2021, 02:26:23 am »
Noooo! that's a damn shame. I feel the drafting community is the best part of RAWK for me. Definitely the most level headed place on entire board. Occasionally you get some minor disagreements and drama but generally everyone gets along.

Even outside of the draft boards most regular drafters are well respected members of RAWK and generally I would imagine quite low maintenance for Mods. I don't think I have seen Trend or Defacto post anything really troubling. Claus used to get riled up on politics board but he was alright, and definitely not the worst one out there. 

Big loss for the drafting community.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: October 21, 2021, 07:00:23 am »
As we've said in the past we don't discussed bans and warnings publicly.
However some of you good folk deserve an explanation.

Defacto isn't banned.

Trend did become high maintenance. About 18 months ago he started posting frequent conspiracy nonsense, after being asked not to repeatedly he accused one of the Mods of bullying him. All unnecessary so he was banned. Months later he asked for a second chance via another poster, I personally reinstated him.
I'd regard that as a "second chance", would you?

In a draft a few months ago we received a report that he'd told someone to "fuck off". He was warned, on his return he seemed to concede he was out of order.

Last week I made an observation that he was facilitating a twice banned user, Claus, in to the drafts - an observation with no action taken. You all saw his two reactions.

My reaction was that it was sanctimonious and pompous, other Mods reaction was to ban him immediately. I let the draft get completed as I could see the effort every one had put in to it and it gave us time to contemplate.
During that period, he also became divisive, PM'ing people, acting a bit snide. Indeed he told one Mod he was quitting RAWK.
On reflection his actions are not what we want to receive even though we're not perfect ourselves. As one Mod said, "its a private forum, he can set up his own if he doesn't like it here".
This isn't a matter of someone being hard done to or not being high maintenance. We'd had enough of him.

Hope that makes sense, it certainly completes a jigsaw most of you won't know about.
And the matter is closed guys.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: October 21, 2021, 07:40:17 am »
Something awful would love all this. Even from the grave he's causing trouble. Shame to see Trend go. Awfuls shield was definiteley not one to die on

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #883 on: October 21, 2021, 09:06:57 am »
Thanks for running this, Adz. Genuinely one of the best drafts we've done on here in years!

Yeah, I agree. Even through I disagree with the voting methodology, I think the actual drafting part was enjoyable and Adz did a good work of updating all the players and clubs taken very quickly that made it easier for us.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #884 on: October 21, 2021, 09:07:53 am »
Shame that a great draft was ultimately rendered meaningless by two lily livered finalists settling for a share of the spoils. Cheers Adz.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #885 on: October 21, 2021, 09:33:56 am »
Good draft Adz, needed more research than some others where I've been able to draft off the cuff (and when I did draft off the cuff my picks were rightfully jumped on as invalid, Xabi and Bonucci) and was a good draft overall that had heavy hitters but managed to avoid it being too heavyweight a draft, which was a nice change.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #886 on: October 21, 2021, 10:08:45 am »
Thanks John, don’t think anyone can argue with any of that.

Great draft Adz, got everyone thinking and actually think it was one of the ‘highest class’ drafts we’ve had. A lot of really good teams as well as a lot of rarely seen players, and I think the right two teams ‘won’ it in the end. I think everyone had at least one or two picks where we’d go ‘oooh yeah good pick, wish I’d thought of him’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #887 on: October 21, 2021, 11:07:26 am »
Thanks John, don’t think anyone can argue with any of that.

Indeed. Thank you for sharing that with us, John.

Shame to lose such a memorable part of the drafting world. His anonymous drafts will go down in legend. Doubt any of us are insane enough to pull something like that off ourselves.

Yeah, I agree. Even through I disagree with the voting methodology, I think the actual drafting part was enjoyable and Adz did a good work of updating all the players and clubs taken very quickly that made it easier for us.

I used to get obsessed with the voting aspect, but these days I take the draft as the best bit and I've had way more fun ever since. We have tried other vote models like in-thread voting and having a panel of RAWKites decide, but these didn't seem to satisfy people either. There seems to be no real solution to it.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #888 on: October 21, 2021, 02:39:47 pm »
Hey Betty. Are we counting Haz and Sheer as winners in here for the all-time draft rankings, or as runner ups? I would give the winning medal to Lobo btw, to honour Trend everlasting unrequited love for him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #889 on: October 21, 2021, 03:14:40 pm »
The ultimate act of harakiri
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.