Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3119098 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #32920 on: June 28, 2022, 10:42:50 pm »
£200k per week isn't massive money?, fucking hell what a world we live in.

£200,000 per week is not massive money, in a league where Sancho earns £350,000 per week ...

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32921 on: June 28, 2022, 10:43:58 pm »
It's still an enormous amount of money, just because someone else gets more doesn't mean it isn't ffs

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32922 on: June 28, 2022, 10:43:59 pm »
Liverpool bosses have been impressed with Sepp van den Berg's development while out on loan and he will start preseason with the first team, but is still expected to head out on loan, with interest received from the Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga. [@LivEchoLFC]

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32923 on: June 28, 2022, 10:45:36 pm »
We're not signing a midfielder
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32924 on: June 28, 2022, 10:46:26 pm »
It's still an enormous amount of money, just because someone else gets more doesn't mean it isn't ffs

It is enormous amount of money for you and me. For a World class player like Thiago, who has actually taken a pay-cut to join us, it is not massive money. Do I really need to explain this?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32925 on: June 28, 2022, 10:48:05 pm »
It is enormous amount of money for you and me. For a World class player like Thiago, who has actually taken a pay-cut to join us, it is not massive money. Do I really need to explain this?
Not if you're going to be the usual sanctimonious patronising whopper you usually are.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32926 on: June 28, 2022, 10:49:01 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32927 on: June 28, 2022, 10:50:16 pm »
 :lmao :wellin
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32928 on: June 28, 2022, 11:30:34 pm »
Something tells me that we'll sign Gnabry
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32929 on: June 29, 2022, 01:05:42 am »
Something tells me that we'll sign Gnabry
MacRed said we aren't, and his word is gospel.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #32930 on: June 29, 2022, 02:01:57 am »
Liverpool bosses have been impressed with Sepp van den Berg's development while out on loan and he will start preseason with the first team, but is still expected to head out on loan, with interest received from the Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga. [@LivEchoLFC]

Surely he could be a starter at one of the promoted teams.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32931 on: June 29, 2022, 02:14:58 am »
That would be good. He sounds like progressing at a rate where he can replace Matip in the squad in a year or 2

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32932 on: June 29, 2022, 04:42:43 am »
£200,000 per week is not massive money, in a league where Sancho earns £350,000 per week ...

Well that’s just a load of nonsense.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #32933 on: June 29, 2022, 04:59:30 am »
Well that’s just a load of nonsense.
Is it though? You all like to pick on Mac, but what fraction of top six starting XI players are on about £200k per week? You'd find that most are on similar wages. It's closer to the norm than an outlier.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32934 on: June 29, 2022, 05:31:05 am »
Is it though? You all like to pick on Mac, but what fraction of top six starting XI players are on about £200k per week? You'd find that most are on similar wages. It's closer to the norm than an outlier.
£200k per week is huge money, doesn't matter if someone else is earning double, it's still a massive amount of money.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #32935 on: June 29, 2022, 06:20:02 am »
We don't sign 28-year-old players on massive wages. Even Thiago, who is genuine World class, has joined us on £200,000 per week ...

How do you consistently get away with this shit? Good god….

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #32936 on: June 29, 2022, 06:38:56 am »
How do you consistently get away with this shit? Good god….

Why does anyone read his posts? Just ignore the guy and RAWK improves immediately.
I just wish people would stop replying to his posts as then I could 100% ignore the goon.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32937 on: June 29, 2022, 06:38:59 am »
And here we go again…

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32938 on: June 29, 2022, 07:03:38 am »
Woh this thread.

Why does anyone read his posts? Just ignore the guy and RAWK improves immediately.
I just wish people would stop replying to his posts as then I could 100% ignore the goon.

Think it's easy enough.

When a guy's inaccurate / plenty disagree ,  point it out once and move on. Don't need to be the fourth or fifth poster in line to highlight it,  we're all reading,  can judge for ourselves.

Need to remember the forum isn't moderated to a high level of accuracy nor character, mods aren't paid.  I've got nothing personally against Mac,  but say someone asks you for verification,  a source on something,  and you're flippant you would get removed from a proper set-up.  Same way if someone lowers the level of the environment with their character issues.

An online forum can't fully act  on these things,  so work through that.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32939 on: June 29, 2022, 07:06:40 am »

Exactly, mate. The same people would discuss re-signing Sterling as a good squad option (£300,000 per week), or the possibility of Jurgen getting the best out of Werner (£250,000 per week), and then argue when someone says that £200,000 per week is no longer massive money in the Premier League ...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 09:25:03 am by PeterTheRed »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32940 on: June 29, 2022, 07:47:23 am »
What’s this about mods lacking character surfer?  8)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32941 on: June 29, 2022, 07:50:01 am »
As in you're not assessing,  banning people on their behaviour long term towards others.  Not your character.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32942 on: June 29, 2022, 07:52:46 am »

I’ll ask one last time - can you stop building contentious straw man arguments that lead to the kind of pile on you are basically asking for, and that repeatedly derail mostly this thread? You’ve made a point, others have the right to disagree. Same goes for everyone else. It’s a silly wee thread speculating about transfers, not the Old Bailey. Be nice and be respectful or you can go and post some place else.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32943 on: June 29, 2022, 07:56:55 am »
As in you're not assessing,  banning people on their behaviour long term towards others.  Not your character.

People tend to not report these things. Capon highlighted a number of people doing this towards Peter, actually. It takes a multiple of eight to have an eightsome reel (or two to tango). That’s not something you can see unless you stalk folk, and it’s hard to do that if there’s other stuff to do that’s more interesting or you get paid for. People never listen and report things though, so the Al and Peter types build up these long term handbag behaviours.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32944 on: June 29, 2022, 07:58:38 am »
What’s this about mods lacking character surfer?  8)

Did anyone else read this in Rafa’s voice?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32945 on: June 29, 2022, 08:04:38 am »
People tend to not report these things. Capon highlighted a number of people doing this towards Peter, actually. It takes a multiple of eight to have an eightsome reel (or two to tango). That’s not something you can see unless you stalk folk, and it’s hard to do that if there’s other stuff to do that’s more interesting or you get paid for. People never listen and report things though, so the Al and Peter types build up these long term handbag behaviours.

Yeah,  that's what I meant in the original post,  it's a bug of this setting,  compared to the tools you have to manage these things in real life. Posters like Mac and Al have been on the receiving end of it unfairly at times,  as well as starting those problems.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 08:08:56 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #32946 on: June 29, 2022, 08:12:28 am »
Journo for KICKER.

I always wonder about stuff like this. Here in France, getting sidelined in a normal business is something you can sue your employer about. Generally they will end up giving you a little bonus to pay you off sueing them and you'll "mutually agree" to part ways. Football contracts are all fixed time contracts, they are made to end on a specific date, the employee has no obligation to extend or agree to have his contract sold to another club. Announcing that a player is obliged to extend or sit out the season is restriction of business, exactly what Bosman & subsequent rulings were made to avoid.

That football contracts traditionally get extended or sold isn't an obligation for any footballer to actually do this. They are within their rights to see out the normal term of their contract without fear of being sidelined, especially so blatently, by their current club.

Very confusing stuff.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #32947 on: June 29, 2022, 09:06:52 am »
Oh it's on
 ;)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32948 on: June 29, 2022, 09:10:52 am »
Yeah,  that's what I meant in the original post,  it's a bug of this setting,  compared to the tools you have to manage these things in real life. Posters like Mac and Al have been on the receiving end of it unfairly at times,  as well as starting those problems.

Yeah. And everyone's sound for the most part too - it's weird how that gets distorted. Any road, all fair points you raised and yes, I do lack character. I'm in a meeting at work just now. (Only once have I ever screenshared while doing this. My mate (also a Red) said 'Good luck with the transfer window' at the end of the call and my heart sank.)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32949 on: June 29, 2022, 09:37:22 am »

I for one admire Roy's character and other qwalitees and hope that one day we can share a lamp together, even though he asked for a sofa.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32950 on: June 29, 2022, 09:43:25 am »

Roy is working hArd
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32951 on: June 29, 2022, 09:53:25 am »
Your character seems alright to me roy, from a distance haha. I meant character as a metric in assessing posters in the original post. Anyway, take-away is, if somebody's pointed out a flaw / disagreement on whatever, no need to be the 3rd, 4th ,5th in line to point it out again, we'll all benefit.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #32952 on: June 29, 2022, 10:01:27 am »
Your character seems alright to me roy, from a distance haha. I meant character as a metric in assessing posters in the original post. Anyway, take-away is, if somebody's pointed out a flaw / disagreement on whatever, no need to be the 3rd, 4th ,5th in line to point it out again, we'll all benefit.
Roy posts 0.8 character per90 posts. 0.1 xW (expected warnings). On the cusp of elite.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #32953 on: June 29, 2022, 10:05:50 am »
Oh it's on
 ;)
Hendo being a flirt. I'm here for it.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32954 on: June 29, 2022, 10:34:56 am »
Oh it's on
 ;)

The next Bromance is happening. Mo wont be happy with that, he wants Lovren back and the contract will be signed. Sort it out PSG

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32955 on: June 29, 2022, 10:38:41 am »
Roy posts 0.8 character per90 posts. 0.1 xW (expected warnings). On the cusp of elite.
He's threatening to bugger off to the ynwa.tv on a free at the end of his contract.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #32956 on: June 29, 2022, 10:51:55 am »
He's threatening to bugger off to the ynwa.tv on a free at the end of his contract.
Absolute bullshit from RAWK, they've got the money, he's one of the best Mods around and a mod of his quality would get the money he wants elsewhere, so why aren't we paying it?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32957 on: June 29, 2022, 10:53:12 am »
For a brief second I thought he gave him a Liverpool branded cap for his birthday ..

- all in my opinion of course -

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32958 on: June 29, 2022, 10:54:03 am »
Absolute bullshit from RAWK, they've got the money, he's one of the best Mods around and a mod of his quality would get the money he wants elsewhere, so why aren't we paying it?

Let him grow old(er) on someone else’s watch.

Thanks for the memories Roy. The gardening tips, the Charlie Adam love in, the London 2012 meet ups but it’s time to go.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32959 on: June 29, 2022, 10:55:00 am »
Faith in Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott is one reason why Liverpool are willing to wait until next summer before making a big money midfield signing. [@neiljonesgoal]