Author Topic: Standing for the LFC Supporters Committee  (Read 10955 times)

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Standing for the LFC Supporters Committee
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »
Some of you may know that a few positions on the Supporters Committee were up for re-election recently. I applied for the LGBT Supporters Rep position, and have been shortlisted. There is now a public vote here: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/lfcsc-voting-for-vacant-positions

I don't want to come here and say "vote for me", because the committee is not about individuals. It's about having a representative who can communicate the views and issues of their group, and the wider Liverpool FC support, to the committee and club officials. So for that reason, I really urge you to read the profiles of the candidates in all categories, and make your choices based on that. There are some really impressive people shortlisted, and I'm sure that whoever is elected will do a great job in raising issues that affect us to the club.

Having said that, I do believe in my ability to do that as well as anyone. I've written on here on numerous occasions about LGBT issues, and originally suggested that the club get involved with the Liverpool Pride Festival (the first Premier League club to engage with a LGBT Pride event). And I'm sure my penchant for debating equality issues on here has not gone unnoticed by a lot of you ;). Finally, I know I've been around here long enough, and have met enough of you at Anfield, and at grounds around the UK and Europe, for my commitment to Liverpool FC and to the "Liverpool Way" to never be in question.

So please, check out all the applicants and place your votes. The committee is there to improve things for us, the supporters, so engage with it and use it. Ultimately it will help the club (and push the club to) do more for us. 

Check out the voting, here: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/lfcsc-voting-for-vacant-positions

Cheers,

Rhi  :wave
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline numbnutter

• Main Stander
  • Woolybacks never looked this good...
Re: Standing for the LFC Supporters Committee
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:00:31 pm »
Hi there, my name is Jaideep Singh and I am also running for a position on the committee, representing the Black Asian Minority Ethnic role on the Supporter's Committee, If elected, I look forward to listening to all your suggestions and questions regarding forming a continual and more productive dialogue with the powers that be in regards to ALL issues, including the recent issues regarding ticketing...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/meet-the-candidates-for-the-lfcsc#Jaideep Singh
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/lfc-supporters-committee-elections

Jft96, ynwa
Custodian of the Glory, around the fields of Anfield Road...

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:11:58 pm »
Good luck to both of you.

Rhi is a minority, she from welsh wales...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »
 I would and so would ROY HEANEY appreciate you spending the time to vote for a true Red onto the committee, many thanks Col

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/lfcsc-voting-for-vacant-positions

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:24:59 pm »
Hello JD  :wave
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline numbnutter

• Main Stander
  • Woolybacks never looked this good...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 01:50:00 pm »
Custodian of the Glory, around the fields of Anfield Road...

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 02:19:38 pm »
Good luck Rhi!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:10 am »
This is from Roy Heaney, an ex pro and Liverpool FC player from the mid seventies under Roy Evans and John Benninson, please take the time to vote,many thanks Col.

Liverpool Football Club has been a part of my life since my first memories as a child and my ambition was to one day pull on that famous red jersey. This was my passion from my childhood years through my teenage years until I realised my dream at the age of 15 in 1975 signing on schoolboy forms for my beloved club.
Unfortunately my dreams of playing for the first team were never realised but I was lucky enough to carve out a professional career with Bolton Wanderers. I changed codes in 1981 signing as a Pro Rugby League player with Wigan Warriors and Salford Reds. Eventually going back to football in 1984 to player/manage Wanganui Athletic in New Zealand. Football is still my life along with the mighty Reds. I have an insight into what the club means to its supporters all over the world and have learnt excellent communication and listening skills having been a Social worker 1994-2001. I believe as supporters regardless of race, religion, sex or sexual orientation we all need to have a voice and a valued opinion to how our club is run and the direction it is being taken. I believe I have a very good understanding of many aspects to the running of a football club and also the work that is done in the communities our fans belong too. I am a very committed in dividual and would reliably be able to attend meetings and events when called upon. I am retired due to the after effects of being a professional athlete and am now disabled, giving me plenty of spare time to give the committee. I am a team player and understand the importance of respecting peoples opinions even if they differ from my own. I feel I have many skills due to the varied careers I have had and the life experience I have been fortunate to have been given. It would be an honour for me to help my fellow supporters as a member of the committee and feel I have a lot to offer the role not just with my knowledge of the game but with my passion and commitment to our great club and to be able to help in anyway to enhance the quality of experience our fans and potential fans can gain would be extremely satisfying for me. Liverpool Football Club and its players are indebted to its supporters and I feel that we have a great opport unity to place our club at the top of the world for the experience we give our fans not just at Anfield but across the globe. The committee has a duty to lease and facilitate the fans views hopes and fears for now and the future. We need to be a voice and importantly an ear. I was a very lucky young man all those years ago and would love to be able to give something back.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 6, 2014, 02:51:59 pm »
When do results go up?
YNWA.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9 on: August 6, 2014, 03:05:25 pm »
Ah, only just seen this and looks like voting is now closed? Very best of luck Rhi (and others!).

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10 on: August 8, 2014, 07:11:21 pm »
:( Sorry you didn't get it Rhi.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: August 8, 2014, 08:23:04 pm »
No worries, mate. Paul is a great guy and very well qualified. :wave

Didi's brother? Smacks of nepotism to me.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 03:46:46 pm »
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I quite want to get involved in more of these types of things.

How do you even get nominated in the first place!? I feel like I've not seen an election since this round?
YNWA.