Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336664 times)

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2015, 03:18:22 am »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2015, 06:34:28 am »
Dirky never left Anfield, just the blonde colours to his hair.

Keep it up and Burnley would be reporting us for daylight robbery.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #282 on: September 27, 2015, 06:42:54 am »
I think this is the recipe, BR should only buy English strikers.  He'll be great for us... 😀
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #283 on: September 27, 2015, 07:28:54 am »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 27, 2015, 07:44:05 am »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: September 27, 2015, 07:56:12 am »

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #286 on: September 27, 2015, 07:57:44 am »
Defends from the from like Suarez used to.
Chases everything down like Suarez used to.
Leaves everything on the pitch like Suarez to.
I can pay him no higher compliment than that. We have sorely missed that front foot defending.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2015, 08:07:35 am »
He's a very good footballer, period. I get all the "he's a fighter" shouts, but those kind of players abound on this league (Borini for one). The important thing is that we got a young, very clever and very good footballer on a free (or whatever pittance we may end up paying) who's also a fighter. He's dead fast too. I'm made up that we got him.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2015, 08:17:28 am »
Was immense yesterday. Players like Ings were built to play for our club. His guile and attitude are attributes that will be always welcomed at our club.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2015, 08:23:00 am »

I'm pretty sure I argue with someone over here who claimed he was slow. It really makes you wonder what the fuck people see at times.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2015, 08:31:58 am »
Two Danny's to start in the lions den.

A Christian to come in after and finish them off.

What's not to like.

Attack sorted.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:30 am »

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2015, 09:53:27 am »
He's quick, he's fast, and he's got pace.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2015, 09:53:32 am »
What a great attitude this lad has. Hopefully it'll start rubbing off on some of our other players.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2015, 09:58:35 am »
Day and Night the difference between him and Balotelli. Good transfer so far for us. Scoring goals and working hard.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2015, 10:00:04 am »
He's not Borini, he's not Suarez and he certainly isn't Dirk Kuyt, he's our boss Danny Ings  :wave

Offline M17AR

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2015, 10:54:30 am »
Can we have a Danny Ings vs Villa video? (A message to the film makers out there)

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2015, 11:15:27 am »
Very happy with this signing so far. I wonder what the plan is for when Benteke returns, a three up top with Ings-Benteke-Sturridge? Ings is too good to keep outside this team, not that special on an individual level but in terms of what he brings to the team. That's both attack and defense wise btw. Hopefully his emergence will mean the end to our countless experiments to get goals from midfielders rather than strikers. It would leave a lot of expensive players on the bench but it would be the right way to go imo.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2015, 11:50:59 am »
The very epitome of the character that Brendan is always on about that this team needs. Fast becoming a player I hope starts most matches. Unspoiled by a ludicrous transfer fee too.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 27, 2015, 11:52:54 am »
Hope he scores at the pit, the mongrels hated Dirk for his hard work and passion, hopefully they think likewise of Danny (Ings).

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2015, 12:41:26 pm »

Thank you, I was looking for that in order to be able to reference it.

That single moment lifted a lot of the gloom I've been feeling. Danny S's goals were wonderfully uplifting, but Danny I's passion and determination were just thrilling. Yes, we need the exquisite quality of Sturridge, but we need the fire of Ings just as much (and Lucas, who had a great game of 'thou shalt not pass' too!)
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #301 on: September 27, 2015, 12:53:54 pm »
People claiming Higuain as being average is folly. He is just a type of player who needs a type of service.

I just hope our management see the vast improvement he made to our forward play yesterday, and give him a run. Just because he didn't cost £30+ Million, it doesn't mean that his form shouldn't take president.

I don't think he should start mid-week, but I definitely think we should set-up similar for the Derby. Derbies need a bit of fire and Ings epitomises the fight needed in a Derby.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #302 on: September 27, 2015, 01:07:23 pm »
Ings is the type of player to show no fear playing at Goodison, in fact it'll probably inspire him. Rest him and Sturridge on Thursday, play them both against Everton and I'm convinced they'll click again and produce the goods.

Got a feeling Sturridge would love playing along side Ings...haha i.e he gets all the goals and glory, while Ings does all the donkey work!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Fazakerley Red

• No longer angry :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2015, 01:08:29 pm »
Ings is the type of player to show no fear playing at Goodison, in fact it'll probably inspire him. Rest him and Sturridge on Thursday, play them both against Everton and I'm convinced they'll click again and produce the goods.

Got a feeling Sturridge would love playing along side Ings...haha i.e he gets all the goals and glory, while Ings does all the donkey work!
agree with this .

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #304 on: September 27, 2015, 01:15:36 pm »
Dings probably wouldn't care if it meant his team winning.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2015, 01:22:45 pm »
Dings probably wouldn't care if it meant his team winning.

Yes, that's what I was getting at, and I love players like that. Probably first to jump all over Sturridge if he scores from his assist,not thinking deep down 'greedy git, fuckin lay one on for me now and again'!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2015, 02:51:42 pm »
Proving me wrong. Very impressive yesterday.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2015, 02:54:42 pm »
Shall we try Ings-Sturridge for a while or is Benteke to big of a name to drop when he's back?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2015, 02:59:47 pm »
Is there a clip of his missed chance in the 2nd half which he followed up by sprinting back to win the ball in a wide position?

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2015, 03:00:30 pm »
Shall we try Ings-Sturridge for a while or is Benteke to big of a name to drop when he's back?

With Rodgers under pressure pretty much every week now he cant play people just on name or price tag. Ings gives everything & improved us attacking wise instantly when replacing Benteke at halftime vs Norwich. Has to be his place to lose now.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 27, 2015, 03:18:45 pm »
Alot of casual fans could see it in the summer, so it makes it a little worse that our manager couldn't. For me its not surprising Ings has hit it off so well here, at Burnley he looked to have the profile of a player with the right technical ability, workrate and know how and finishing in the box to make it here. I always maintained that despite the sometimes stimga of English players in comparison to their Continental counterparts, he was and is a level above Borini technically, and at 6 m, at 22 and considering what the likes of Berahino Kane Austin and Mane were being quoted for, Ings for that price was some of the best business this summer. Alongside Gomez and Clyne, it was a smart deal that simply made sense on all levels, price age and ability, but also the sense of how he would fit into what i regards as an 'ideal Rodgers side', a player who could press from the front, dribble and who is attentive and alert in the box with a smart finish to boot.

However despite the Ings deal being a great one, i also felt that it shone a light on another deal that was perhaps not so great and far more costly in terms of price and the impact on the team if said player was to fail. The question wasn't necessarily the players ability, because Benteke is a good player with a potential to maybe be a great one, great in the air, strong as an ox and a good finisher. However the opposition to the deal came from the fact that it was my belief that despite Bentekes ability which he has shown in snippets in his short time here, it made more sense to go for a player with the template of Ings, but of a much better quality, afterall for me that is essentially what Suarez is, albeit with much more copious amount of South American genius. It was almost as if to me, Rodgers was stabbing his own self in the back, because for me the best Rodgers teams haven't been like the Chelsea 04 team, which he may have been trying to recreate, for one due to his own coaching tendancies i doubt Rodgers could ever have a team like that. But what he has coached, is a Swansea team with continental foundations in Ajax and Barcelona, and a counter attacking fast paced menacing Liverpool side reminiscent of 90's United teams inspired by Cantona in his arrogant pomp.

One could argue that despite him not being of that value, spending 32 m on Ings would have made more sense than spending it on Benteke in theory, just for the fact of the template of a striker he is, and how i feel he fits into the type of players and attackers Rodgers has got the best of in his time as a manager, think Borini, Suarez, Dyer, Sturridge, Sterling... Yet for another summer, we went against that when spending money on our biggest signing, that itself doesn't speak well of our transfer policy over the last couple years, because for all the good work we done this summer, the big one, the one signing that is supposed to catapult us to the next level, may have been the wrong choice again.

Spot on. I argued this point all summer. We spent the best part of £40m and £200k a week bringing these two in, and already most people would partner Sturridge with Ings because he's by far the better fit for this team, you can see the improvement in the passing and movement since he came in. Ings has done well and deserves his plaudits, but imagine how pleased we would be if we spent that money on an Ings that is two or three levels above. 

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: September 27, 2015, 03:42:13 pm »
Still think it's a stupid argument

Benteke has barely had a chance to settle in or play with Sturridge (or Ings), and Ings might end up being a better buy than any of the better version of Ings that it might be tempting to fantasise about (which seems to me to be basically still mourning Suarez departure)

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #312 on: September 27, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »

I think Brendan will feel he has to give Sturridge - Benteke a proper go.

It's going to look pretty damning if he ends up with both his two big £30 million summer signings sat on the bench, and it's already hard to see where Firmino fits in to our best 11 if we carry on playing this system.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #313 on: September 27, 2015, 03:49:25 pm »
One could argue that despite him not being of that value, spending 32 m on Ings would have made more sense than spending it on Benteke in theory, just for the fact of the template of a striker he is, and how i feel he fits into the type of players and attackers Rodgers has got the best of in his time as a manager, think Borini, Suarez, Dyer, Sturridge, Sterling... Yet for another summer, we went against that when spending money on our biggest signing, that itself doesn't speak well of our transfer policy over the last couple years, because for all the good work we done this summer, the big one, the one signing that is supposed to catapult us to the next level, may have been the wrong choice again.

One would argue it and it'd be a poor argument. Clubs don't just go buying based on theoretical stylistic templates; but proven goal-scoring as the main criteria. There's no evidence Ings is or ever will be worth 32m. The question on Benteke was paying the money the market demanded. One that if you study all corners of the deal, with particular attention to his 1/2 strike-rate, it made sense.

It's also not a zero-sum game. The priority was to get a goal scorer of proven ability like Benteke. It also means supplementing that with players that might develop at our club like Ings. While LFC might not plan on both becoming wild successes; if they do it's not at the spite of each other or the club. They might both end up successes or one of them might.

The irony is that the Villa and Carlisle  games showed precisely why we got Benteke: he forces defences to sit higher because if they just sit in their box we have an option. It was handy we scored early against Villa which caused them towards the end of the game to gamble and come forward. You saw more of Sturridge, and Ings, because of that. Had we not, it could have very easily turned into another Carlisle.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2015, 03:51:57 pm »
I think Brendan will feel he has to give Sturridge - Benteke a proper go.

It's going to look pretty damning if he ends up with both his two big £30 million summer signings sat on the bench, and it's already hard to see where Firmino fits in to our best 11 if we carry on playing this system.

I think the PL has been a bit of a shock to the system for Firmino. I don't think it would do him any harm after his recuperation to do the cups only - League, FA & Europa - for a month or two, building some lost confidence against slightly lesser opposition, and get him towards 100%.

I think the idea of Ings - Sturridge - Firmino as a three is delicious in theory; so much movement, skill and flair. It'd be enough to have defenders being physically sick on the pitch; but then how do you solve the problem of Benteke?

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2015, 03:52:21 pm »
Wasn't too keen on the Ings signing, but came to terms with it on the basis he was the 3rd/4th choice striker. Happy to see him prove me wrong and he's moved up so much in my estimation that I see him as a starter with Studge. Don't get me wrong, he's no suarez, but he has ability and determination, which is more than could be said for B&B from last season

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2015, 03:55:15 pm »
Ings should start alongside Sturridge. He compliments Sturridge really well. He does the hard work which will allow Sturridge to shine. Wasn't a fan of his signing as I thought we should be signing better quality than Ings but he has worked hard and earned his spot.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2015, 03:57:33 pm »
People claiming Higuain as being average is folly. He is just a type of player who needs a type of service.

I just hope our management see the vast improvement he made to our forward play yesterday, and give him a run. Just because he didn't cost £30+ Million, it doesn't mean that his form shouldn't take president.

I don't think he should start mid-week, but I definitely think we should set-up similar for the Derby. Derbies need a bit of fire and Ings epitomises the fight needed in a Derby.

Higuain? what?
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 27, 2015, 03:59:35 pm »
I think the PL has been a bit of a shock to the system for Firmino. I don't think it would do him any harm after his recuperation to do the cups only - League, FA & Europa - for a month or two, building some lost confidence against slightly lesser opposition, and get him towards 100%.

I think the idea of Ings - Sturridge - Firmino as a three is delicious in theory; so much movement, skill and flair. It'd be enough to have defenders being physically sick on the pitch; but then how do you solve the problem of Benteke?

I wouldn't say that the PL has been a shock for Firmino. The Bundesliga is a better league than the PL while also being very similar in pace to the PL. It's more that he has been part of a struggling dysfunctional team. If he had Sturridge and Ings ahead of him, I think he will shine much more.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2015, 04:00:50 pm »
Can you accommodate all 3 in the lineup? Ings-Benteke-Sturridge?

Probably not - but it would be a nice attacking front 3.