Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Wolves v Liverpool, Molineux KO - 3pm 4th Feb  (Read 11097 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Wolves v Liverpool, Molineux KO - 3pm 4th Feb
« Reply #41 on: February 2, 2023, 03:45:00 pm »
Keep a clean sheet and nick a goal, would be a glorious result at the moment.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 2, 2023, 03:47:47 pm »
Here's a crazy concept - START Nunez.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 2, 2023, 03:50:49 pm »
Here's a crazy concept - START Nunez.

He'd a hamstring injury, you have to ease them back in carefully.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 2, 2023, 04:07:29 pm »
He'd a hamstring injury, you have to ease them back in carefully.

And I think we have over the last 2 games (with a week between each).

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 2, 2023, 06:08:20 pm »
Thanks for the OP duvva!

The Brighton game was a kick in the balls but a number of positives from that game so hopefully that continues on Saturday.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 2, 2023, 06:20:54 pm »
Anyone know why we are taking ages to rearrange our matches? I think we only have 4 prem games in Feb, yet we can't fit in say Wolves at Home.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 2, 2023, 06:23:36 pm »
Anyone know why we are taking ages to rearrange our matches? I think we only have 4 prem games in Feb, yet we can't fit in say Wolves at Home.

I'm not sure it's entirely up to us. Wolves/Chelsea and the Premier League might want to have a say as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #48 on: February 2, 2023, 06:35:55 pm »
I reckon we just said we’re bored of Wolves and can’t face playing them again anytime soon.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2023, 07:28:09 pm »

Not much chance of a fixture congestion now. And with Wolves and Chelsea both out of the FA Cup, there'll be plenty of free mid-weeks for these games later on in the season. At this point it probably suits us to wait until we have the likes of Van Dijk, Jota and Diaz back fit, though who knows who else will get injured in the meantime.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 2, 2023, 07:46:18 pm »
Cheers Duvva,
I think we may well be in an elongated mid season pre-season where we play just Wolves and Brighton over and over again. Groundhog Day. Again. I don't think we were as bad as the recent result against Brighton would have us believe. Assuming we deal with the centre half situation I think we have a good chance of beating Wolves. Score first and second please. A goal for Mo and Nunez and Gakpo. That'll be it.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #51 on: February 2, 2023, 08:54:17 pm »
Cheers Duvva,
I think we may well be in an elongated mid season pre-season where we play just Wolves and Brighton over and over again. Groundhog Day. Again. I don't think we were as bad as the recent result against Brighton would have us believe. Assuming we deal with the centre half situation I think we have a good chance of beating Wolves. Score first and second please. A goal for Mo and Nunez and Gakpo. That'll be it.

I’ll take a goal from any of these three as long as Wolves fail to score. Been a tough intro for Gakpo, though he’s been great in patches and seems desperate for a goal which would surely settle him down a little. This game is going to be scratchy so would obviously take a narrow win, 0-1 or 1-2 hopefully with a Gakpo goal in the mix.

My support of this club is unconditional (though test me on that if we end up under really odious ownership) so I’m choosing to stay optimistic, but pessimism based on what we’ve seen this season is not unreasonable and certainly not heresy. On an optimistic note there are still many points to play for, so let’s get a f**king win under our belts (and then follow it up with another).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 2, 2023, 08:55:15 pm »
Sight for sore eyes those two back in some form of training

True, but I reckon Kenny will struggle to complete 90 minutes.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 2, 2023, 08:59:19 pm »

;D

More likely than Fabinho would, at this stage.  :P
King Kenny.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #54 on: February 2, 2023, 09:07:52 pm »
Think he brought the wrong boots as well :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 2, 2023, 10:56:02 pm »
Time for some of our team to step
up.  Going for a 2-0 win in this one.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: February 2, 2023, 11:07:32 pm »
Didnt realise how crocked we are at CB. Just gets better and better.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 2, 2023, 11:43:16 pm »
My optimism hasn't been pummelled into the ground just yet, I reckon we win this one. Solid 2-0, we'll still be unspectacular but a small improvement over recent performances.

Hopeful Gakpo gets his first goal for us soon.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #58 on: February 2, 2023, 11:52:34 pm »
Seems like ages between games.

Fast movement and no dallying during attacks, please. Leave these Wandering what hit 'em
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 3, 2023, 12:22:55 am »
At the end of the day - they aren't a good team either. So we should have a reasonable chance.

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: February 3, 2023, 12:30:53 am »
Our away form is hopeless in the league not expecting anything, really.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 3, 2023, 09:06:23 am »
Whats our worst season in terms of away wins in the league? We are on 2 at the moment arent we, Spurs and Villa?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 3, 2023, 09:08:22 am »
If Gakpo, Nunez, Salah start this we win.. Let's get some bloody goals for once and be a threat all game.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #63 on: February 3, 2023, 09:13:16 am »
I’ll take a goal from any of these three as long as Wolves fail to score. Been a tough intro for Gakpo, though he’s been great in patches and seems desperate for a goal which would surely settle him down a little. This game is going to be scratchy so would obviously take a narrow win, 0-1 or 1-2 hopefully with a Gakpo goal in the mix.

My support of this club is unconditional (though test me on that if we end up under really odious ownership) so I’m choosing to stay optimistic, but pessimism based on what we’ve seen this season is not unreasonable and certainly not heresy. On an optimistic note there are still many points to play for, so let’s get a f**king win under our belts (and then follow it up with another).

thanks for the OP duvva

there's been discussions on here about the mental strength of the players - well... that can be said for the fans too

if i'm upset when we lose then someone else gets down some else gets depressed someone else goes home and kicks the cat - it's easy just to say keep the faith - and basically that's what fans need to do - but it is harder for some people mentally than it is for others

years and years ago i would be really pissed off for days after a loss - now i vent my frustration and move on

my 'mood' (i was never violent - more 'pissed off') didn't affect the next result in any way so why was i wasting my time with all this negative energy which would rub off on the people around me and usually to everyone's detriment

i can't remember the team (surely it wasn't us) but one day i was watching motd and a team was losing 4-0 and their own fans were shouting 'we want 5' and then they would cheer 'ole' after every touch of the ball

and like the other night with the west ham cup game - one set of fans shouted 'hand ball' so the opposing fans started to shout 'hand ball' every time their team played the ball

it's this humour that takes over the anger that is needed sometimes - and of course we need the rivalry, the songs and the passion!

it's true, you can't laugh after every loss and at club mismanagement, but there's something in it that if you can take a step back and look at yourself and how it is affecting you as a person (not just a fan) then it can only do your own mental health a power of good to reflect upon that
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #64 on: February 3, 2023, 11:37:18 am »
Just want to feel the warm glow of three points...for the first time in 2023.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 3, 2023, 01:00:33 pm »
Harvey Elliott has been getting goals as a forward of late. Is there a case to start him there?
Justice for the 96!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 3, 2023, 01:33:25 pm »
I don't mind the shit times so much. One thing about us is that we are no Spurs.  We are always rewarded at some point. I get how frustrating it is considering we have Klopp and should be in a really good position.  But we will have that pay off. If not this season then soon. Maybe we needed this shock to really rebuild into something tremendous.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #67 on: February 3, 2023, 03:02:50 pm »
I don't mind the shit times so much.
It actually makes games far less nerve-wracking. This time last year I was a wreck!

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: February 3, 2023, 03:40:42 pm »
It actually makes games far less nerve-wracking. This time last year I was a wreck!

Hehe.. EXACT same here! I DID NOT enjoy ANY games post FA Cup semifinal. Each game I was anxious, worried and a general nervous wreck about picking up injuries, suspensions or dropping points. Also I HATED wasting my day following City games. This season, for the majority, I have had to waste 90 minutes per weekend on the Footie. Since the Brighton demolition game, I am just enjoying (or rather intriguingly following) the "evolution" to Klopp 2.0.

For the Wolves game this weekend, I am really looking forward to how Nunez & Gakpo will combine up front for 90 minutes. The result is secondary (at the moment), I just want the new players to start forming long-term understanding on the field. I wish one of Henderson/Fabinho starts in midfield alongside Bajcetic in order to start gaining back form. In defense, I would like to do the same with Gomez, bring him back to form. I would start Matip over Nat Phillips but for selfish reasons. I know Matip will probably be offloaded at the end of this season, and I will miss his adventuring once he is gone. One of the understated highlights of the Quadruple chase was Matip's runs.

I want these guys to start having fun again - and results will follow. I am predicting a boring 1-0, for who? it's honestly a coin flip at the moment.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #69 on: February 3, 2023, 04:16:21 pm »
Whats our worst season in terms of away wins in the league? We are on 2 at the moment arent we, Spurs and Villa?

First season I checked was 92/93 when we only won 3 away games all season in the league (extra 2 away fixtures as well with 42 games).

It's a big sign that things are bad because the Anfield factor can mask a lot. Even in that dire 92/93 season we won 13 home games.

We've always managed to dig out a win at Wolves in the league but it's usually tight.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70 on: February 3, 2023, 04:23:59 pm »
First season I checked was 92/93 when we only won 3 away games all season in the league (extra 2 away fixtures as well with 42 games).

It's a big sign that things are bad because the Anfield factor can mask a lot. Even in that dire 92/93 season we won 13 home games.

We've always managed to dig out a win at Wolves in the league but it's usually tight.

I remember we won away at Boro in about March that had we lost would have had us fairly close to the relegation zone I think. From memory our other away wins that season we’re a 1-0 at Arsenal (Barnes penalty) and…actually drawing a blank! Getting mixed up with 93/94. This would have been the second year of the nasty green away but with Carlsberg on it…Gizza clue!

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: February 3, 2023, 04:33:36 pm »
I'd really like to see Gapko-Nunez-Salah get a sustained run

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #72 on: February 3, 2023, 04:34:43 pm »
I'd really like to see Gapko-Nunez-Salah get a sustained run

I would too. We’ve invested in Gakpo and Nunez, need to give them a chance to click.

That said, if we start those three we won’t have many options on the bench.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: February 3, 2023, 04:42:16 pm »
I would too. We’ve invested in Gakpo and Nunez, need to give them a chance to click.

That said, if we start those three we won’t have many options on the bench.

My only concern with those three is playing Nunez wide left. He should be playing central and that appears to be where Gakpo plays best too

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 3, 2023, 04:55:44 pm »

I miss it, it's so much better when games mean something and you can dream of finals and trophies.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 3, 2023, 04:57:12 pm »
I miss it, it's so much better when games mean something and you can dream of finals and trophies.

Ha ha - it's a real mixed bag. My general mood is definitely 'lighter', as I've just checked out of the season emotionally. But I'd prefer to be a bag of nerves.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 3, 2023, 04:58:00 pm »
Wouldn't mind us changing it up a bit here. Maybe play Elliot on the right with Nunez as the 9 and Gakpo on the left, maybe a Bajcetic and Jones in midfield with Thiago or Keita along with them.

Just try a few things out, the way we have been there's not a huge amount to lose here

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #77 on: February 3, 2023, 05:04:55 pm »
I don't mind the shit times so much.

Yes, deffo less stressful being shit!

As long as we can kick on next season, I can live with this 'blip' I can do without praying City drop points  or banking on shite teams doing us a massive favour.

I'm pretty much laid back about footy these days anyway but this season I'm almost sleep walked through it!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 3, 2023, 05:19:29 pm »
I remember we won away at Boro in about March that had we lost would have had us fairly close to the relegation zone I think. From memory our other away wins that season we’re a 1-0 at Arsenal (Barnes penalty) and…actually drawing a blank! Getting mixed up with 93/94. This would have been the second year of the nasty green away but with Carlsberg on it…Gizza clue!

Nick, Although we somehow eventually finished 6th in 1992-93 if we had lost 2-1 at Middlesbrough in March instead of winning 2-1 there we would have only been three points ahead of 'Boro with ten matches left to play. A strong finish to the season meant that we finished fifteen points ahead of them (59 to their relegated 44). The other away win that season apart from Middlesbrough and Arsenal was at Loftus Road against QPR in November.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2023, 05:23:13 pm by kriss »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #79 on: February 3, 2023, 05:20:47 pm »
Going to echo what some others are saying in that I just want to see Nunez start at the 9. Of course I'd take the 3 points over anything else but I'd feel a lot more confident of the teams ability to get them with him out there. We seemingly aren't going to turn into a good defensive team no matter what at this point so why not just go Rodgers 13/14 and damn the torpedoes?