Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 4 vs 0 Arsenal Mane ‘40 Jota ‘52 Salah ‘73 Minamino ‘77  (Read 21752 times)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Re: PL: Liverpool 4 vs 0 Arsenal Mane ‘40 Jota ‘52 Salah ‘73 Minamino ‘77
« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2021, 07:05:21 am »
the epitomy of shooting yourself in the foot, sweet

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2021, 08:37:58 am »
The Mysterons always start a fight and then get battered, usually by a feller in red.  We know you can hear us earthmen
Arteta looking like a thousand miles of bad road
Sent this to my brother in law a few monts back... The likeness is uncanny.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2021, 08:47:08 am »
glorious game...was good to see us have a mad 20 mins again tearing the game apart.

Arteta was naive
Our reaction after that spat was deadly

I loved the Hendo ball for our 3rd (or was it 4th?).....he brings that dimension to our attack...Trent's delivery also just continues to be levels above many footballers in the world. Every player on the pitch played their part, glad to see Thiago back and playing well too
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 08:50:16 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2021, 03:10:50 pm »
Twiiiiiice???

He learnt from the very best ;)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2021, 03:47:58 pm »
Can't get past that header from Jota, wonderful stuff. Not bad from Tsimikas either.
Don't see many headed through balls, this one cut through them like butter.

All 4 goals were quality but then again how many crap goals do we score?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2021, 03:53:20 pm »
Don't see many headed through balls, this one cut through them like butter.

All 4 goals were quality but then again how many crap goals do we score?

As long as we score a crap goal when we need it, you know the 89th minute slice off Keita's left buttock at the Etihad, would do nicely.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2021, 03:55:17 pm »
That was beautiiful, what a superb performance, Ramsdale like so many other goalies down the years, saved his best for Anfield, and we still comfortably put 4 past him.
Gonna be a hard season this year, a real 3 team race, but we look good when we get at it.
Great to see Taki come on and straightaway get a goal. Tsimikas is pushing Robbo all the way. Ox looks fit and up for it. And we manage to give Morton a proper Anfield League debut.

Brilliant
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #369 on: November 22, 2021, 04:33:10 pm »

Just noticed that at least Pip keeps his finger backs pointed in the right direction, unlike Arteta.

Such a gentleman and class act, our Pip...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #370 on: November 22, 2021, 05:03:40 pm »
Once Arsenal set up to play out from the back against us you just knew it was only a matter of time before we won the ball off of them high up the pitch and scored.  It was like watching someone play Russian Roulette and the only question was how many bullets were in the chamber.

The laughable thing was how Carragher praised them for 'mixing it up', which consisted of either playing out from the back and losing/ almost losing the ball in dangerous areas, or playing two short passes and then whacking it long for easy headers for our CBs and putting us back in possession on the halfway line.  Although that wasn't his worst line of the day, which he reserved for telling us that Salah would never have normally passed to Trent to set up Minamino if he hadn't already scored, despite the fact that he unselfishly set up Jota for two great chances earlier in the game before he had scored his goal.

I also don't get the praise for Ramsdale.  Two or three decent saves before we scored, but nothing that was out of the ordinary and if any of the shots would have gone in you would have questioned the keeper, and then he probably should do better with Mane's goal.  Didn't really see any signs of him being good with the ball at his feet either.  I think that the comparisons to Pickford and very apt.

Can you imagine if someone would have told us back in the early 2000's that we'd have just beaten Utd and Arsenal by a combined score of 9-0, but would still only be sitting 3rd in the league?  Talk about a paradigm shift.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #371 on: November 22, 2021, 05:19:33 pm »
We did beat them by a combined 5-0 in the space of a week in December 2000. I think it kept us within touching distance of Ipswich. :D

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: November 22, 2021, 06:11:28 pm »
glorious game...was good to see us have a mad 20 mins again tearing the game apart.

Arteta was naive
Our reaction after that spat was deadly

I loved the Hendo ball for our 3rd (or was it 4th?).....he brings that dimension to our attack...Trent's delivery also just continues to be levels above many footballers in the world. Every player on the pitch played their part, glad to see Thiago back and playing well too

Struggling to remember a team move from anyone like the build up to Mo’s goal with two consecutive headed passes that ripped the oppo to shreds.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2021, 06:15:12 pm »
Just noticed that at least Pip keeps his finger backs pointed in the right direction, unlike Arteta.

Such a gentleman and class act, our Pip...

Arteta hasn't gone full Fawlty, yet.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2021, 08:18:07 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2021, 09:15:56 pm »
As long as we score a crap goal when we need it, you know the 89th minute slice off Keita's left buttock at the Etihad, would do nicely.

Going on Naby's last few goals it'll go in off his arse from 20 yards ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2021, 11:14:03 pm »

Just that little mad glance to the sky at the end makes this pep clip the very best ever rant
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 23, 2021, 03:14:51 am »
Peak period of the club for any fan born in the 80s and later.

I was born in the 70's and its peak for me. Im rolling in it.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #379 on: November 23, 2021, 08:50:31 am »
Peak period of the club for any fan born in the 80s and later.

It really is.

I've been watching the club since 1984 ish. First ST was the 1985-1986 season. In my time the 1987-88 team was the best I'd ever seen for Liverpool. John Barnes is probably the best player I've ever seen over that period of 1987-1990. I'd place Gerrard above him for longevity but Barnes at his peak was something else (and I include Suarez in that).

The team we've got now (2017-2021) is the best we've ever had in my time watching the club. I think it's better than the 1987-1990 teams. Though both were very good teams, the current team is easily better than the 2006-2009 Rafa team or the Ged's 2000-2002 team.

We've got players like Alisson, TAA. van Dijk, Salah who are arguably the best in their respective positions that I've seen. We've got the best manager in my period of supporting the club (and I loved Rafa, Dalglish and Houllier). We've arguably got the best squad the club has ever assembled.

There are a few minor issues around the club with regards to certain aspects. But let's be honest they are minor compared to the concerns we've had in the past. Like I said a few weeks ago, we need to enjoy this team. If you are spending your time worrying about the quality of the bench or concerned about what's going to happen in 2 or 3 years times or worried about who we buy in January then I think you are doing it wrong. You are certainly missing out on fully enjoying the best Liverpool team in the last 30-40 years. It won't be this way for ever. Football is cyclical and I think it's almost impossible for a team like us and United to dominate like we have in the past. So my advice would be to enjoy it whilst we have one of the best teams
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:14:31 am by Jookie »
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2021, 10:04:33 am »
It really is.

I've been watching the club since 1984 ish. First ST was the 1985-1986 season. In my time the 1987-88 team was the best I'd ever seen for Liverpool. John Barnes is probably the best player I've ever seen over that period of 1987-1990. I'd place Gerrard above him for longevity but Barnes at his peak was something else (and I include Suarez in that).

The team we've got now (2017-2021) is the best we've ever had in my time watching the club. I think it's better than the 1987-1990 teams. Though both were very good teams, the current team is easily better than the 2006-2009 Rafa team or the Ged's 2000-2002 team.

We've got players like Alisson, TAA. van Dijk, Salah who are arguably the best in their respective positions that I've seen. We've got the best manager in my period of supporting the club (and I loved Rafa, Dalglish and Houllier). We've arguably got the best squad the club has ever assembled.

There are a few minor issues around the club with regards to certain aspects. But let's be honest they are minor compared to the concerns we've had in the past. Like I said a few weeks ago, we need to enjoy this team. If you are spending your time worrying about the quality of the bench or concerned about what's going to happen in 2 or 3 years times or worried about who we buy in January then I think you are doing it wrong. You are certainly missing out on fully enjoying the best Liverpool team in the last 30-40 years. It won't be this way for ever. Football is cyclical and I think it's almost impossible for a team like us and United to dominate like we have in the past. So my advice would be to enjoy it whilst we have one of the best teams
I met up with an old mate in town for a few drinks and a catch up a few weeks back. We're both supporters of 40 yrs + and over the years have had some long, detailed, often impassioned debates about the club and team.
This time we hardly discussed it. It was a case of it's going pretty well, the club and the team are in good hands, both professionally run, lets just enjoy it, let them get on with it and worry about the important things in life.

I couldn't agree with you more. By any measure this is a high watermark for the club, and ultimately football's a leisure activity to be enjoyed, so if you can't enjoy this, nothing will ever be good enough, so just pack it in.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2021, 10:21:50 am »
I met up with an old mate in town for a few drinks and a catch up a few weeks back. We're both supporters of 40 yrs + and over the years have had some long, detailed, often impassioned debates about the club and team.
This time we hardly discussed it. It was a case of it's going pretty well, the club and the team are in good hands, both professionally run, lets just enjoy it, let them get on with it and worry about the important things in life.

I couldn't agree with you more. By any measure this is a high watermark for the club, and ultimately football's a leisure activity to be enjoyed, so if you can't enjoy this, nothing will ever be good enough, so just pack it in.

In my 50+ years of being a red, The Cowboys was the only time I ever gave a shit about the day to day running of the club and that was because of the damage. Other than that, I just always focused on watching and enjoying (bar Soueys time when it was just tough tough going) the footy. This is a great time to be a red, wonderful manager, wonderful players, Anfield being extended, back to winning the big things, its all great.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2021, 12:09:42 pm »

This is the same with me and my mates. WhatApp chat and conversations aren't huge debates about what is wrong with the club. Some would like us to spend a bit more but it's a very minor gripe rather than something any of us are obsessed about. Same with long term planning for playing squad, DoF, manager, etc.. All areas you could concern yourself with but what's the point.

The club as a whole is currently well run. Both on and off the pitch. That doesn't negate people having concerns or issues with the aspects of the club but it's obvious the club are aware of certain things and  have short and long term plans for succession (as witnessed by how they've dealt with Michael Edwards leaving). IMO, the club have earned a reasonable amount of trust in how they've run most things over the last 7-8 seasons. That goes for the every facet of the club. The manager will have a plan on how he freshens the squad within the financial constraints of the club, the club will have a strategy to maximise finances, the DoF and Mike Gordon probably have some reasonable idea about how they transition from Klopp when the time arrives.

Currently I don't see the point in worrying about any of those aspects. The main focus is what happens on the pitch. Which has been at an elite level for most of the past 4 years (probably since for 4-1 defeat at Spurs).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2021, 12:22:32 pm »
Under the dictionary definition of 'counterattack', they should replace whateverver words are there with this gif. :)

Except it's not a counterattack when your keeper starts the move! Counterattacks are when you turn over the ball and attack in transition.

That's just great, quick football with two incisive one-touch (headed) passes.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2021, 12:49:59 pm »
I just love the way Mane was on his bike pretty much as soon as Tsmikas headed it towards Jota.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2021, 04:23:32 pm »
Except it's not a counterattack when your keeper starts the move! Counterattacks are when you turn over the ball and attack in transition.

That's just great, quick football with two incisive one-touch (headed) passes.

I think it could be if, say your GK save a corner, free kick or similar? Cannot remember the start of this situation mind.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2021, 04:31:22 pm »
I think it could be if, say your GK save a corner, free kick or similar? Cannot remember the start of this situation mind.
You mean like, if Man Utd get a corner, it's headed out to Wan Bassaka who hits a weak volley straight at Alisson, he catches the ball and immediately kicks it long to Mo Salah who's on the halfway line unmarked. He runs through on gaol under pressure before slotting past De Gea to make it 2-0? 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #387 on: November 23, 2021, 05:09:58 pm »
You mean like, if Man Utd get a corner, it's headed out to Wan Bassaka who hits a weak volley straight at Alisson, he catches the ball and immediately kicks it long to Mo Salah who's on the halfway line unmarked. He runs through on gaol under pressure before slotting past De Gea to make it 2-0? 

Depends on whether Mo shrugs off some annoying little gnat en route...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: November 24, 2021, 05:15:21 am »

Alisson chips it out  (LFC highlights)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMLmgWYrbo&t=87s

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: November 24, 2021, 07:02:09 am »

True - I misspoke! But in this case we have the ball and play it back to Allison and we play vertically through them, they are pressing, not in transition.

Ha, good example!

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: November 24, 2021, 08:21:07 am »
I just love the way Mane was on his bike pretty much as soon as Tsmikas headed it towards Jota.

Fully agree.

Players on the same wavelength - is a sign of a good well coached team.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #391 on: November 24, 2021, 11:01:15 am »
I also don't get the praise for Ramsdale.  Two or three decent saves before we scored, but nothing that was out of the ordinary and if any of the shots would have gone in you would have questioned the keeper, and then he probably should do better with Mane's goal.  Didn't really see any signs of him being good with the ball at his feet either.  I think that the comparisons to Pickford and very apt.

It was funny looking back on the 15 minutes or so when he really pull out some good saves and Ramsdale had that massive grin that sort of said 'come on lads, I got this, they won't scoring today, I'm on a roll'

his grin to shots ratio went very down as the roof fell in

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #392 on: November 24, 2021, 11:02:26 am »
In my 50+ years of being a red,

This is a great time to be a red, wonderful manager, wonderful players, Anfield being extended, back to winning the big things, its all great.

Pretty much the same. The free flowing speed of the attacks and the team playing together is a pure delight.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #393 on: November 24, 2021, 02:23:47 pm »
Just rewatched the whole game. Won't be the last time I do so
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #394 on: November 24, 2021, 02:25:21 pm »
It was funny looking back on the 15 minutes or so when he really pull out some good saves and Ramsdale had that massive grin that sort of said 'come on lads, I got this, they won't scoring today, I'm on a roll'

his grin to shots ratio went very down as the roof fell in

;D

Opta need to make this a thing
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 24, 2021, 02:32:24 pm »

I don't think I've ever seen a goalie do that.

think of Istanbul when Dudek pulled off that WTF double save - about 500 times harder than anything Ramsdale has ever done - and all he did was a tight smile and a brief head nod.

his manager should smack him for that*.  there's no way our lads didn't notice it.  talk about getting the oppo riled up for no reason.

* of course his manager is no-one to talk is he?  :)

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #396 on: November 24, 2021, 02:41:31 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen a goalie do that.

think of Istanbul when Dudek pulled off that WTF double save - about 500 times harder than anything Ramsdale has ever done - and all he did was a tight smile and a brief head nod.

his manager should smack him for that*.  there's no way our lads didn't notice it.  talk about getting the oppo riled up for no reason.
It may just have been fanciful editing but after showing Ramsdale grinning and shouting 'Come on!' the broadcast immediately showed Trent (whose shot had just been saved) looking severely pissed off. A minute or two later Trent puts the ball on Manι's head...

"Grin about that, la"