Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2858271 times)

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #25240 on: February 5, 2023, 12:55:09 pm »
He is overplayed, similar to Thiago.. The weight of a disfunctional team resting on their shoulders week in week out seems to have pushed them into poor form and they have no competition.. Salah's is what? Doak whose 16...

Salah has always missed chances, but he's always had enough through good positional play to get goals. He's certainly not being helped being asked to play as a winger running down the white. Get him more central, get him running behind center half and fullback etc.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25241 on: February 5, 2023, 12:56:15 pm »
he's in danger now of ruining his legacy. before this season started i'd have put Mo amongst the greatest players we've had but before the world cup and certainly after he has been shocking, loads of players have a couple of games where they stink the place out but not 2 or 3 months. the only time he's looked like anything near his best was against Rangers when he'd been dropped and came on and got a hat trick and against city when he got the winner.  He is one of our most experienced players in this current team and should be doing everything to lift his game or try to dictate the tempo of each match not hiding behind 18/20 yr olds like Bajcetic and Elliott.

No he's not in any danger of ruining his legacy. The team is not good anymore and some utter dickheads and are trying to act like it's because they're not trying instead of just getting worse as they age and struggling to embed new players. Anyone who decides to write off the best years of football we've got to watch in the last 30 years, because they eventually must end is a fucking moron and should just quit watching football as the highs clearly don't outweigh the lows for them.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25242 on: February 5, 2023, 12:58:30 pm »
he's in danger now of ruining his legacy. before this season started i'd have put Mo amongst the greatest players we've had but before the world cup and certainly after he has been shocking, loads of players have a couple of games where they stink the place out but not 2 or 3 months. the only time he's looked like anything near his best was against Rangers when he'd been dropped and came on and got a hat trick and against city when he got the winner.  He is one of our most experienced players in this current team and should be doing everything to lift his game or try to dictate the tempo of each match not hiding behind 18/20 yr olds like Bajcetic and Elliott.

All players go through experiences such as these it's part of the deal of being a footballer. He will start to score again and then posts like this can be forgotten about.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25243 on: February 5, 2023, 01:02:34 pm »
No he's not in any danger of ruining his legacy. The team is not good anymore and some utter dickheads and are trying to act like it's because they're not trying instead of just getting worse as they age and struggling to embed new players. Anyone who decides to write off the best years of football we've got to watch in the last 30 years, because they eventually must end is a fucking moron and should just quit watching football as the highs clearly don't outweigh the lows for them.
In Mo's case, I think he's playing with a lack of confidence. It obviously won't affect his legacy because it's normal for a player to lose form.

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #25244 on: February 5, 2023, 01:04:59 pm »
He's reverted to the player he was at Chelsea.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25245 on: February 5, 2023, 01:06:19 pm »

Great, we'll get another 10 years from him.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25246 on: February 5, 2023, 01:08:16 pm »

He is a player lacking in confidence which is affecting most of the team at the moment, he will be a different player once we solve those problems.

Online wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25247 on: February 5, 2023, 01:12:29 pm »
He is a player lacking in confidence which is affecting most of the team at the moment, he will be a different player once we solve those problems.
That's kind of what I am getting at.  He came to us, got off to a great start and was flying for several years.  He didn't get much of a chance at Chelsea, confidence levels probably a lot lower as a result hence he looks like that player now.

He is MORE experienced now though, much more.  He's a senior pro, he wanted to be captain, I'd like to see more leadership from him.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25248 on: February 5, 2023, 01:18:38 pm »
That's kind of what I am getting at.  He came to us, got off to a great start and was flying for several years.  He didn't get much of a chance at Chelsea, confidence levels probably a lot lower as a result hence he looks like that player now.

He is MORE experienced now though, much more.  He's a senior pro, he wanted to be captain, I'd like to see more leadership from him.

I think it's been hard for him as he has had to get used to playing with new players in Nunez and Gakpo especially when he is missing the players he is used to who have been out injured. It's ultimately affected his own form and perhaps made his lack of confidence more acute as a result. There is no easy way out of it sadly.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25249 on: February 5, 2023, 01:21:28 pm »
His head has also dropped because he's been missing some gilt-edged chances lately.

His head has dropped because he’s missing Sadio and Bobby. Terrible decision to let Sadio leave.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25250 on: February 5, 2023, 01:24:04 pm »
His head has dropped because he’s missing Sadio and Bobby. Terrible decision to let Sadio leave.

Like we had a choice?

Online wah00ey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25251 on: February 5, 2023, 01:25:25 pm »
Don't necessarily agree with this - I'm of the opinion that had Diaz stayed fit, nobody would be bemoaning Mane's departure.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #25252 on: February 5, 2023, 01:28:30 pm »
Well Firmino hardly played last year and if you believed the body reading experts on here, Salah and Mand hated one another.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25253 on: February 5, 2023, 02:09:13 pm »
Think hes done at the top level unfortunately. Individually he peaked 2-3 years back. To be anywhere near as useful he needs to be functioning with 2 others who can pull players out of position but also link up with him. We don;t have that at the minute. He'll be better with Jota and diaz up top but thats a while away if in fact it happens at all. Took what looked like a risk, albeit what seemed like a safe one, not cashing in on him when Madrid and co were putting out the feelers. Looking more and more like it won't pay off.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #25254 on: February 5, 2023, 04:26:13 pm »
Spot on.

Some proper dickheads about in this place, who chat some absolute fucking shite.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25255 on: February 8, 2023, 06:52:36 am »
I swear to Christ, some ppl on here who think they are Liverpool supporters should hang their fucking heads in shame.  They don't know what the word even means.

If they were in charge of team selection we'd need a 300-man squad to handle all the binning off they keep barking about every time anyone hits bad form.

Stupid twats, just fuck off will yer.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25256 on: February 8, 2023, 07:14:54 am »
Think hes done at the top level unfortunately. Individually he peaked 2-3 years back. To be anywhere near as useful he needs to be functioning with 2 others who can pull players out of position but also link up with him. We don;t have that at the minute. He'll be better with Jota and diaz up top but thats a while away if in fact it happens at all. Took what looked like a risk, albeit what seemed like a safe one, not cashing in on him when Madrid and co were putting out the feelers. Looking more and more like it won't pay off.

Not sure about that, TAW did a good piece this week and Salah is being played much wider, much further away from goal and as such his influence on games is waning. As a team we need to go back to what we did best and part of that is getting one our best goal scorers into the box and getting the ball to him regularly.

He has always needed a lot of shots to score, now there is added pressure and less shots.. it’s a recipe for failure.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25257 on: February 8, 2023, 07:28:09 am »
Part of the reason we're not good is our best player, and best paid by a distance, hasn't been very good for a while and is currently very poor. Absolving Salah of responsibility ironically just fails to recognise just how important he is to us. Tactically I think we've had a shocker with him in terms of him playing wider so it's not all his fault by any means. My concern is that this form dip is indicative of a physical drop off. That is, there's no guarantee that he will 'be back' given his age.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #25258 on: February 8, 2023, 11:39:49 pm »
I swear to Christ, some ppl on here who think they are Liverpool supporters should hang their fucking heads in shame.  They don't know what the word even means.

If they were in charge of team selection we'd need a 300-man squad to handle all the binning off they keep barking about every time anyone hits bad form.

100%!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #25259 on: February 8, 2023, 11:43:56 pm »

:thumbup
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #25260 on: February 13, 2023, 10:08:22 pm »
great interview by him. loving his optimism

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25261 on: February 13, 2023, 10:10:18 pm »
Brilliant today.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25262 on: February 13, 2023, 10:12:15 pm »
We still wanting to sell him? ;D

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25263 on: February 13, 2023, 10:13:27 pm »
Really good today, unlucky not to get another goal. I was shocked when the commentator said that was his 18th of the season? Despite our issues and not being at his personal best he's still delivering.

Yep, enjoyed that.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25264 on: February 13, 2023, 10:21:33 pm »
17 for the season. We need to create good chances for him and he'll score plenty. Feels like our strikers need to score worldies the whole time these days.

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #25265 on: February 13, 2023, 10:35:21 pm »
On it tonight. Some really great flashes of the old Mo, quick feet and tricky.

Hope he can kick on from here!

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25266 on: February 13, 2023, 11:36:50 pm »
Played well today. I still think he has work to do on his finishing, but he looked like he was getting back to the Mo we love and know - taking on his man and actually beating him.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25267 on: February 14, 2023, 12:42:28 am »
His Derby goal from the Kop viewpoint.  8)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8kPIerfsR2Q
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25268 on: February 14, 2023, 02:27:03 am »
Great stuff from Mo. Anyone with more than one brain cell knew he'd get his mojo back.

Yep. Absolute thread of shame this is. People from every walk of life and supporters of every club can come on here and see how RAWKites treat one of their greatest players. It's a stain on this site that the last three or four pages are allowed. Kneejerk infants
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25269 on: February 14, 2023, 02:43:52 am »
Great stuff from Mo. Anyone with more than one brain cell knew he'd get his mojo back.
Yep. Absolute thread of shame this is. People from every walk of life and supporters of every club can come on here and see how RAWKites treat one of their greatest players. It's a stain on this site that the last three or four pages are allowed. Kneejerk infants

Yep. We're blessed to have him. Even in a season where he will be the first to tell you he isn't performing well enough, he has 17 goals. not bad for someone who is finished.  ;D

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25270 on: February 14, 2023, 11:54:50 am »

Any links to this?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25271 on: February 14, 2023, 12:13:31 pm »
His Derby goal from the Kop viewpoint.  8)

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8kPIerfsR2Q

Pickford will never not make me laugh. That's atrociously bad goalkeeping.
After the game when Osman and Carragher were analysing the goal, I'm sure Pickford wasn't even looking at the ball for most iof it and just concentrated solely on Gakpo and nothing else until the last second.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25272 on: February 14, 2023, 12:19:09 pm »

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25273 on: February 14, 2023, 12:19:44 pm »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #25274 on: February 14, 2023, 12:21:12 pm »
Looked like he had his hunger back last night. Hopefully, he can carry it on.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #25275 on: February 14, 2023, 12:24:26 pm »
Beautifully said.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25276 on: February 14, 2023, 12:33:40 pm »
I didnt even realise but yeah wow....those last few pages are grim reading, and not just from people who you wouldnt expect any better of. And not just any Liverpool player....but one who is likely to be in our top five goalscorers of all time by the end of this season and has been absolutely vital in every trophy we've won under Klopp. You dont just ignore poor performances but wow.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #25277 on: February 16, 2023, 10:35:45 am »
I hope with that goal against the Ev Mo can really kick on.
He can be our game changer and in matches we are not playing so well in. You need those as goals change games, and this fella can go on a run like no other in the league.

Would take pressure off some of the new lads and be on opponents' minds even before they set a foot on the pitch
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25278 on: February 18, 2023, 05:55:27 pm »
 :lmao

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25279 on: February 18, 2023, 06:14:25 pm »
What a pass that was for Gakpo's goal.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D