Author Topic: Netflix's Narcos - The Pablo Escobar Story  (Read 72235 times)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: Netflix's Narcos - The Pablo Escobar Story
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2015, 12:31:44 pm »
I probably couldn't tell between various South American Spanish accents, but as a Brazilian speaking Spanish, Moura's accent is pretty jarring

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2015, 12:43:09 pm »
His accent is horrible though. No wonders Colombians had complaints about it
Ha, was thinking while watching it these lads are probably putting on Columbian accents.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 6, 2015, 02:28:22 pm »
One thing that I noticed was that one of Escobar's secarios, the black bloke, was known by the name "Blackie". South American culture using physical descriptions when assigning a nickname to somebody in informal conversation.  Now, where have we heard that before, only for all and sundry to totally dismiss such a thing out of hand?.....

My wife is South American and says it's very common.

Anyway, up to episode 3 and although it's good, wouldn't rate it much higher just yet. Also feel like they should have spent longer on Pablo's rise to the top. Would had been interesting to watch how he achieved that rather than see how he went from rich to ridiculously wealthy.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 8, 2015, 11:13:26 am »
This was good to very good. Thought the Murphy character came off as a bit of a caricature, but from reading some interviews, it seems like he may have actually been the ultra cocky team America fuck yeah type of guy anyway. Thought Pedro Pascal's character was absolutely brilliant.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:34 pm »
Watched first 10 thought it was OK, thought Murphy was pretty weak and looked like Macaulay Culkin on a "Bring your kids to work day". Hope the later series get better because as has been mentioned there are plenty more stories to tell.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #165 on: November 5, 2015, 11:53:04 pm »
This Colombian Farmer Found $600 Million Belonging To Pablo Escobar

If you found $600 million in cash money, what would you do? Well, what if we told you it was from the late Pablo Escobar‘s stash?

Colombian farmer Jose Mariena Cartolos came across the drug lord’s fortune when he received a grant from the Colombian government to develop a palm oil plantation on his land, according to Don Diva. While digging and tilling the soil, he found containers filled to the brim with cash – money said to be a part of Escobar’s $30 billion fortune. If you watch Narcos on Netflix, you know that many drug lords amass so much money, they opt to bury some of it as opposed to laundering the proceeds.

Unfortunately, Cartolos won’t be able to keep his treasure. It will most likely go to fund “social and economic programs.” Colombian officials think the find will generate others to search for more of Escobar’s billions. If you’re brave, test your luck – there’s plenty of flight deals to Colombia happening at this very moment.

http://globalgrind.com/2015/11/05/colombian-farmer-found-pablo-escobar-money-600-million/

I bet he found more than that.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: November 6, 2015, 02:46:20 am »
I bet he found more than that.
I am wondering what is the best strategy if you found narcos money? On the one hand, he could keep it, but then, if narcos know where they buried it, they will come back for it, and massacre him. On the other hand, if he gives it away, they may not trust that he gave everything away, and it may in fact be that they are chopping his fingers right now asking where the rest of it is ;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #167 on: November 7, 2015, 04:58:29 pm »
watched it found it interesting more than exciting a decent watch nonetheless
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 7, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »
I liked it and will watch a second series but it wasn't up there with the likes of Sopranos, Breaking Bad, GOT or Six Feet Under.

I'd place it slightly below House of Cards which let itself down with the last series.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 4, 2016, 09:28:46 am »
Watched the first 3 episodes last night in Ultra HD. Looks fantastic. Liking the show so far.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 4, 2016, 11:49:46 am »
Power-watched the series over the weekend. I agree with some others in that I found it more interesting than exciting to be honest. The fact that it is based on a true story bumps it up a few notches but overall I think it's about a 7/10. I found myself getting less interested as the series went on though.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #171 on: January 4, 2016, 12:51:45 pm »
Got really excited thinking there might be news about second season when I saw new posts in here. Nightmare.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #172 on: January 5, 2016, 01:14:16 am »
4 episodes in. I'm liking it but it's not blowing my mind. I watched Sicario before episode 4, and the difference in quality was clear. One is one of the top movies about the drug trade in recent years, the other is a very well produced, but fairly pedestrian biopic in TV form.

I kinda wish my TV viewing buddies would be amenable to switching to a different show now.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2016, 05:39:53 am »
Great series. Superb acting - bar the accents - all around and looking forward to watching the second series.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2016, 09:30:08 am »
I was about to post why the hell would you mind the accents, then I saw your location  :) I get the guy who plays Escobar is Brazilian, right? I guess they couldn't find some actor whose native language is Spanish and who is, of course, good enough for the role.

Great series. Superb acting - bar the accents - all around and looking forward to watching the second series.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 09:32:22 am by Yiannis »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2016, 11:46:55 am »
Just finished this ....cracking series....astonishing and revelatory at times - particularly when showing the real-life footage and news clips (i hadn't realised just how powerful and fuckin crazy Escobar actually was)  ...watched Cocaine Cowboys when it first came out and recently watched the updated version, so was fascinating to see how the explosion of drug trafficking to the States happened at source......marvelous TV that kept me glued from start to finish.....cant wait for season 2
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2016, 11:53:36 am »
Just finished this ....cracking series....astonishing and revelatory at times - particularly when showing the real-life footage and news clips (i hadn't realised just how powerful and fuckin crazy Escobar actually was)  ...watched Cocaine Cowboys when it first came out and recently watched the updated version, so was fascinating to see how the explosion of drug trafficking to the States happened at source......marvelous TV that kept me glued from start to finish.....cant wait for season 2

It started well just felt it ran out of steam as it went on. A few months on Im struggling to even remember it

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2016, 12:41:25 pm »
It started well just felt it ran out of steam as it went on. A few months on Im struggling to even remember it

Nah.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2016, 12:56:21 pm »
some related documentaries which may be of interest....

Pablo Escobar - King Of Coke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4KkJ12aPQ

El Chapo: CEO of Crime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfz-1Az0qp4

Lord Of The Sky - Amado Carrillo Fuentes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDI2dM1olW0

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »
Have you seen The Two Escobars documentary? Probably a bit light on the details compared to others given it's as much about Colombian football as Pablo, but an incredible story and well made (it's a "30 for 30" doc so no surprise there).

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2016, 01:27:39 pm »
Have you seen The Two Escobars documentary? Probably a bit light on the details compared to others given it's as much about Colombian football as Pablo, but an incredible story and well made (it's a "30 for 30" doc so no surprise there).

no mate, will deffo check that out...good shout on the 30 For 30 documentaries - seen a couple of em, Once Bothers and Muhammad and Larry, and they're excellent

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2016, 11:20:00 am »

Once Bothers

Fucking great that.

Drazen was the Mozart of European basketball.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2016, 04:45:45 am »
September 2nd for all 10 eps of season 2. Looks pretty damn good too.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2016, 09:03:45 am »
In related news

This just out

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355631/

Looks good too
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2016, 09:08:32 am »
 :wave

Inspired me,I thought it was a great series.
Ruthless fucker.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2016, 12:02:05 pm »
In related news

This just out

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355631/

Looks good too

Looking forward to that
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2016, 01:33:39 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YZSXeGqXb_w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YZSXeGqXb_w</a>
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2016, 09:05:19 am »
So we're still getting that stupid voiceover narration which explains everything that we've just seen on screen then.

**Scene shows Escobar setting up a coke manufacturing operation in the jungle**
Murphy: 'See, Escobar wanted to get into the coke business. So he set up manufacturing plants in the jungle'.

Yes, I know that. I have functioning eyes.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2016, 03:53:07 pm »
Surprised they're squeezing more out of the Escobar. Where we last left him he was escaping to the jungle and had only a few days left, right?

It's a change of pace going from ten episodes that cover 15 years to ten episodes that cover a few days.

I went on a binge of Narcos related documentaries after the season finished last year and with Pablo you're only scratching the surface. 

Still looking forward to the new series obviously.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2016, 05:30:52 pm »
Surprised they're squeezing more out of the Escobar. Where we last left him he was escaping to the jungle and had only a few days left, right?

It's a change of pace going from ten episodes that cover 15 years to ten episodes that cover a few days.

I went on a binge of Narcos related documentaries after the season finished last year and with Pablo you're only scratching the surface. 

Still looking forward to the new series obviously.

It was 18 months between escape and ....

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2016, 07:01:01 pm »
So we're still getting that stupid voiceover narration which explains everything that we've just seen on screen then.

**Scene shows Escobar setting up a coke manufacturing operation in the jungle**
Murphy: 'See, Escobar wanted to get into the coke business. So he set up manufacturing plants in the jungle'.

Yes, I know that. I have functioning eyes.

I couldn't watch further than the first few episodes, I was put off by the narration.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2016, 07:01:18 pm »
Can't wait for the second series reckon they could of gone a few more series would love one about the Mexican cartels.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2016, 07:41:56 pm »
Can't wait for the second series reckon they could of gone a few more series would love one about the Mexican cartels.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

cali cartel would be the logical one

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2016, 11:10:37 pm »
It was 18 months between escape and ....
That's me told

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2016, 11:27:43 pm »

What were those docs, KK?  And are they on Netflix?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline BossThaLa82

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2016, 12:30:42 am »
By far one of the best series going can't fkn wait for series 2

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2016, 06:26:31 pm »
If I am honest, I didn't like that trailer for the 2nd season.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »
Season one was outstanding hope it keeps up those standards.

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2016, 07:40:53 pm »
Will have to give it another watch before 2nd season one bit that hit hard was the way they got the kid to blow the plane up. And then orders his girlfriend and kid to be killed shows how heartless escobar was.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 1, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »
New series tomorrow, can't wait.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.