Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 631826 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Endgame Spoilers.
« Reply #5760 on: February 6, 2020, 02:21:04 pm »
Fuck sake Raimi is shite.

Spiderman 1 and 2 were great. He's a mixed bag but can be good.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5761 on: April 6, 2020, 09:41:32 am »
Black Widow pushed back to November.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5762 on: April 7, 2020, 09:42:44 am »
Black Widow pushed back to November.

Now I've loved all things MCU related - I watch the films for what they are, dont get too hung up on whether they're a Shakesperian masterpiece or not and just enjoy them - but Black Widow, I don't get it. Its just a glorified Scarlett Johansen movie - how does it relate to anything we've seen? We know how her story ends.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5763 on: April 7, 2020, 12:01:04 pm »
Now I've loved all things MCU related - I watch the films for what they are, dont get too hung up on whether they're a Shakesperian masterpiece or not and just enjoy them - but Black Widow, I don't get it. Its just a glorified Scarlett Johansen movie - how does it relate to anything we've seen? We know how her story ends.

I imagine it’ll tie into future films in some way. Seen some speculation that Florence Pugh’s character will essentially become the new Black Widow, which makes sense.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5764 on: April 7, 2020, 02:27:21 pm »
I imagine it’ll tie into future films in some way. Seen some speculation that Florence Pugh’s character will essentially become the new Black Widow, which makes sense.

I guess that could work....
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5765 on: April 7, 2020, 03:39:55 pm »
you'd have to imagine they want to future proof these characters so that they can be recast rather than rebooting. They simply say this person is the new black widow and this is the next iron man. Already started with falcon/captain america

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5766 on: April 7, 2020, 03:49:17 pm »
you'd have to imagine they want to future proof these characters so that they can be recast rather than rebooting. They simply say this person is the new black widow and this is the next iron man. Already started with falcon/captain america

Which isn't surprising as this happens in the comics all the time!

So Black Widow may exist just to show off Scarletts arse in PVC and introduce the future new Black Widow?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5767 on: April 10, 2020, 03:24:33 pm »
Yeah I don't think Falcon will actually be the new Captain America.

I'm not saying there won't be a new one, it just won't be him
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5768 on: April 10, 2020, 05:38:28 pm »
I’d like to see a Marvel movie directed by the Safdie Bros.

I want a panic attack while I’m watching Dr Strange 2.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5769 on: April 21, 2020, 11:18:00 pm »
Recently started watching the MCU films from the beginning. The glow up from Thor: The Dark World to Guardians of The Galaxy is incredible. Got Avengers 2 Ultron whatever up next.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5770 on: April 22, 2020, 08:34:50 am »
Recently started watching the MCU films from the beginning. The glow up from Thor: The Dark World to Guardians of The Galaxy is incredible. Got Avengers 2 Ultron whatever up next.
Keep saying I'm going to watch them in order but there's some they don't show that often and some say watch them in the order of release but others say in date order.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5771 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:19 am »
Keep saying I'm going to watch them in order but there's some they don't show that often and some say watch them in the order of release but others say in date order.

I just watch them in release order. Most of them are on Disney+ with the exception of the two Spider-Man films and the Hulk film I think.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5772 on: April 22, 2020, 09:32:35 am »
I just watch them in release order. Most of them are on Disney+ with the exception of the two Spider-Man films and the Hulk film I think.
We have virtually every channel known to man except disney+ [emoji2356]

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5773 on: May 12, 2020, 11:11:20 pm »

Finished Spider-Man: Far From Home earlier and now I’m all up to date.

I’ve got Infinity War as the best out of them all.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5774 on: May 13, 2020, 05:59:13 am »
Finished Spider-Man: Far From Home earlier and now I’m all up to date.

I’ve got Infinity War as the best out of them all.

Definitely at least Top 3 in everyone's list for sure.

I'd go Avengers, Winter Soldier, Infinity War.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5775 on: September 2, 2020, 04:05:52 pm »
Watched Endgame last night and, whilst I know Far From Home comes after this, I'm considering Endgame to be the true end of the series (FFH will be like a lonely epilogue, I'm guessing).

Until 'the lockdown', I'd watched some of the films in isolation - Iron Man (brilliant!), Thor (bit shit), Iron Man 2 (bit shit), Captain America (daft but good - and I used to park next to where they filmed that bit in Manchester), Hulk (I thought it was fairly good despite popular opinion), along with bits of a couple of other films.

I'd had a vague intention to watch them all, given the hype, but never got round to it. Then eldest daughter (16) tells me sometime round April that she'd like us to watch them all - and in their chronological order, suggesting we do this while we're all 'off' with the Covid thing; younger daughter agrees, and off we set on the long journey, with many packets of microwave popcorn.

It's taken much longer than planned as we've spaced them out, and the enjoyment has oscillated a bit film-to-film.

Favourites would be Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Guardians 1, Ant Man, Guardians 2, Ragnarok, Captain Marvel.

Anyway, determined to get the series done before they went back to school, we watched Endgame last night. Hmmm. I have my issues with plot aspects of Infinity War*, but this one was a bit all over the place. Still, put that to one side and it was enjoyable enough - and the prolonged ending pushed the right emotional heft buttons. Was most disappointed with Captain Marvel, though; she's the most powerful Avenger yet ultimately was easily swatted away by Thanos (power stone?).

The problem now is that the youngest goes back to school tomorrow, the eldest next week. It already feels like the end of an era - lockdown - and as the MCU has been a sort of companion through this, and as something me and the kids have discussed a huge amount, it only adds to the sense of the closing of a big life chapter. I hate feeling like this.

* why the frig, when he was sedated by Mantis, didn't they just put a blast through Thanos's brain, or blown his arm off? Yeah, Endgame and another $1bn is why, but a puny pistol-whip by Quinn was out of character and stupid)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5776 on: September 2, 2020, 06:07:36 pm »
There's absolutely no reason Ant Man couldn't have crawled up his asshole and then gone to Giant Man while inside his colon, easily the biggest plot hole in any movie ever.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5777 on: September 2, 2020, 06:37:39 pm »
There's absolutely no reason Ant Man couldn't have crawled up his asshole and then gone to Giant Man while inside his colon, easily the biggest plot hole in any movie ever.
LOL never thought of that. Marvel's equivalent of Star Wars' warp drive deus ex machina solution.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5778 on: September 2, 2020, 09:29:02 pm »

Did you not see the deleted scene?!  :o

That was literally about to happen, but then AntMan found out Thanos mums name was also Mildred and they became friends
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5779 on: September 3, 2020, 06:36:14 am »
Did you not see the deleted scene?!  :o

That was literally about to happen, but then AntMan found out Thanos mums name was also Mildred and they became friends

Finally some character development in a Marvel movie!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5780 on: September 4, 2020, 07:23:55 pm »
What do you think Marvel will do with any future Black panther films now after Chadwick Bosemans sudden death :(

Cast someone else in? use a female?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5781 on: September 4, 2020, 07:24:42 pm »
What do you think Marvel will do with any future Black panther films now after Chadwick Bosemans sudden death :(

Recast like Spartacus did.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5782 on: September 4, 2020, 07:27:38 pm »

I think Shuri will become Black Panther.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5783 on: September 4, 2020, 07:29:18 pm »
I think Shuri will become Black Panther.

Of course,she is next in line isn't she ?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5784 on: September 4, 2020, 07:52:53 pm »
I say go James Bond. Recast and carry on.

John David Washington could be a good choice

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5785 on: September 4, 2020, 08:41:47 pm »

With it being a title given to the ruler of Wakanda, I am sure they can recast someone and keep it in line with the story. Question is, do they want to do that given the circumstances of Chadwicks death?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5786 on: September 4, 2020, 08:51:28 pm »
It's easy to do story-wise, but like Stockholm said, whether they want to after he died is another thing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5787 on: September 4, 2020, 09:40:35 pm »
I’d imagine they’ll leave it a good while. Shame they can’t really retcon Killmongers death because Michael B. Jordan would be excellent and I think he’d see that as a fitting tribute to take over from Boseman.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5788 on: September 4, 2020, 09:42:03 pm »
I’d imagine they’ll leave it a good while. Shame they can’t really retcon Killmongers death because Michael B. Jordan would be excellent and I think he’d see that as a fitting tribute to take over from Boseman.

It’s a Marvel film. No doubt they can just bring him back to life.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #5789 on: September 4, 2020, 10:58:49 pm »
Endgame offers instant resurrection with its time travel trickery.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5790 on: September 4, 2020, 11:20:59 pm »
It's easy to do story-wise, but like Stockholm said, whether they want to after he died is another thing.

People die and the world keeps turning,there's no way Disney stop making them and nor should they.

Spartacus didn't miss a beat when Andy Whitfield passed,him and McIntyre could be brothers though.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5791 on: September 5, 2020, 08:17:05 am »
Disney do have a huge roster of Marvel characters to pick from so I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Black Panther take a bit of a backseat and for them to introduce someone new as a replacement. I'd guess they're more likely to just go with Shuri but she seems like she'd be annoying as a main character and doesn't really have the background for it given she can't really fight in the BP movie.

It'd never happen, but the BP movie showed how absurd it is to decide who rules Wakanda with a fist fight and how much damage that can result in. I'd love it if they instead decided that they should choose a ruler based on their actual ability to rule, selected Shuri, and then gave her the power to choose someone to become the new Black Panther. Then she could choose this guy:

« Last Edit: September 5, 2020, 08:27:59 am by Schmidt »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5792 on: September 5, 2020, 08:43:25 am »
Teddy off Black Ink.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5793 on: September 14, 2020, 05:42:19 pm »
Jonathan Majors joins Ant Man 3, apparently as Kang the Conqueror.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonathan-majors-ant-man-3-marvel-universe-1203028234/

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5794 on: September 14, 2020, 05:45:30 pm »
Is Agents of Shield returning to UK TV?

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5795 on: September 17, 2020, 09:41:22 pm »
Tatiana Maslany cast as She-Hulk for the Disney+ series. Really like her.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5796 on: September 21, 2020, 09:27:23 am »
Is Agents of Shield returning to UK TV?

No it got cancelled by E4... Marvel were not happy. Our best bet will be to wait until its on Prime or Disney plus.

Also WandaVision trailer floating around on Twitter - looks a great concept

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5797 on: September 21, 2020, 10:27:23 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sj9J2ecsSpo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sj9J2ecsSpo</a>

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5798 on: September 21, 2020, 11:13:45 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sj9J2ecsSpo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sj9J2ecsSpo</a>

All in for this!  ;D

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5799 on: September 21, 2020, 11:50:00 am »
Initial thoughts from trailer?

Looks as though Wanda has created an alternative reality with her and vision which is getting distorted and interrupted by something. It actually reminds me a bit of Agents of Shield framework