Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990471 times)

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #1200 on: January 10, 2009, 04:36:15 pm »
I

Ive also worked all over the place and can adapt my accent to suit but get utmost pleasure when with a table of Investment Managers watching their faces drop when I tell then I am from Liverpool- Love it!
I have also worked all over the world and have enjoyed meeting all those different people. It is only here in the UK where I have had questions subtly phrased such as 'so are you actually from Liverpool itself or outside?'  as if you couldn't possibly be  intelligent if you were a scouser. Or 'have you not found that your accent has held you back?'.
 Liverpool had Investment Managers before half these two bit towns had electricity. Mind you if your typical scouser from 'the lower parts'  realises you had a decent education you are down as a 'headpiece' and they start asking you to fix their telly etc.

Anyway I am offsky boys.....watch the reds then we are off to catch a plane to sit in the sun on an Asian beach..I will miss the man U/chelsea game and all that  'Rafa rant'  palava but hey..... a scouser has the sea in his blood .....gotta get off and see the world
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline gobshoite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1201 on: January 10, 2009, 05:45:08 pm »
I think old Scouse is an amalgam of all the things mentioned above but with Irish being the dominant force. Language and accents though are always a work in progress.

Television, especially Southern based programmes began their insidious attack on our proper way of speakin. In the last twenty years I've noticed an increase in the number of people using the perverted letter F in place of T, as in I fink so rather than the correct (and Irish) I tink so.

Now we get to the present kids. Jesus where do yer start? I seemed to wake up one mornin to hear this newspeak, know what I mean lid? I'm clueless as to where this shite comes from. Is it from rap or something?

Overheard some kids on the bus recently whose conversation went something like:

'Sappening lid?'
'Sound lid, you?'
'Doin lid?'
'just a bevvy lid.'
'tell yer wat lid, proper shagged your Ma's lasagna last night lid.'
'Nice lid, pure Scouse lid.'

WHAT THE FUCK?

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #1202 on: January 10, 2009, 07:41:25 pm »
A new breed!!!!
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: January 10, 2009, 08:08:00 pm »
Tell ya what lid, talk to the hand, kick him to the kerb Jeremy, cos that auld arse Andy Shack, Billy McMullen, Fat Harold, he's hard ting aint no big fat hard ting anymore.
You go girlfriend, whaddever.

Fucking minty shite.

And we dropped a real bollack today but we should be alright.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline gobshoite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1204 on: January 10, 2009, 09:03:43 pm »
Avin that one! See Andy Shack most days visiting next door to me. Gettin on but still big as fuck!

How many people were in that boozer in Skem by the way when he bent those fuckin beer taps? If everyone who's told me that tale was there the Grafton would have been chocker.

Funny one on that was I was saying the same thing to a lad from Skem (Sharkey) when the wooly back brother in law came in mid conversation and heard the name and proceeded to tell the same tale as he 'was there!' My arse!

It's like a lot of those legendary Libpool stories, fuckin the Kray's off at Limey, me gettin a decent shag, they're mostly apocryphal.

We took the Shed the North bank Highbury!

Nb. Our kid still swears blind we took the away end every where we went in the auld days!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: January 10, 2009, 09:16:57 pm »
It was in Kirkby. Old Andrew Shacklady, twisted them taps to fuck. He might have done it elsewhere, but I seen him do it in the Windmill many moons ago. But he bottled Billie McMullen. I seen that an all. But gone are the days of the hard case. They went many moons ago. More likey to get shot now off a BMX jockey.

PS... I thought Shack would be dead by now. Nice to know he's still about. Bet he's still causing murder
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:20:16 pm by FAT SCOUSER »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline gobshoite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1206 on: January 10, 2009, 09:35:03 pm »
It was in Kirkby. Old Andrew Shacklady, twisted them taps to fuck. He might have done it elsewhere, but I seen him do it in the Windmill many moons ago. But he bottled Billie McMullen. I seen that an all. But gone are the days of the hard case. They went many moons ago. More likey to get shot now off a BMX jockey.

PS... I thought Shack would be dead by now. Nice to know he's still about. Bet he's still causing murder

Nar,

Still goin strong. Drivin round in his Jag, havin a bevvy in WD village etc with the arl cap pulled low but seems a nice quiet fella now.

Did you know my cousin in Kirkby by the way FS, Johnny Gallagher? Liked a bevvy!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: January 10, 2009, 09:46:54 pm »
Good to get in here and have a laugh.
What a fucking shite day.
One of the worst aways I've been to in years.
Shite game, shite locals,lost a ticket and had to fork out £40 for another.

Now that I've dropped the atmosphere a few notches........what's all this about FS being a Taff?
I thought you were a real Scouser like us mate?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1208 on: January 10, 2009, 10:06:22 pm »
Skemanisthan, you Scouse monkey

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1209 on: January 10, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »
So, it's agreed then? Thank fuck for the Irish..   :D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17:59 pm »
So, it's agreed then? Thank fuck for the Irish..   :D
Fuck the Irish. I am Scouse. End of capital of culture tonight. I don't give a fuck what stick it gets from rag arses or professors, thank fuck I am what I am. You minty fuckers, go wash your kids

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: January 10, 2009, 10:21:00 pm »
Fuck the Irish. I am Scouse. End of capital of culture tonight. I don't give a fuck what stick it gets from rag arses or professors, thank fuck I am what I am. You minty fuckers, go wash your kids
;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:59 pm »
Oh well, I'm off to bed. But what the fuck, that fat Spanish waiter having the cheek to slam that bacon faced national institution. Lambrini girls just want to have fun

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: January 10, 2009, 11:30:28 pm »
I am what I am.

Just got this vision of you in a silver spangly sequinned dress, big blonde wig, red lippy and 2 weeks growth.
Belting this little gay anthem out in some seedy Bournmouth tranny club.

Nice arse though!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: January 11, 2009, 08:25:38 am »
Just got this vision of you in a silver spangly sequinned dress, big blonde wig, red lippy and 2 weeks growth.
Belting this little gay anthem out in some seedy Bournmouth tranny club.

Nice arse though!
Oh God Shanks the thought of that even makes me sick. Fat Eddy in a frock. Mind you,me own fault. Led with me chin, sober as a newt last night. Can't drink the way I used to. But drunk or not, I could still see how much we missed Xabi.
And I love Masch, but do we need him for this type of game? Without going on, should both Keane and Torres have been on the bench, when we really needed to go for the throat?
I hate to moan. I'm more than happy with the season so far. In fact, going into it, I had no hopes but steady progress, and I still haven't built me hopes up anymore than that really. But I'll be fucking choked if this season goes down the pan because we played it safe against the likes of fucking Stoke.

That's 5 0 - 0 results this season. 2 of them against Stoke. And I don't want to be knee jerking like some kid in the post match thread, but fucking Stoke. If they turn in to this season's Leciester/any bogey team and we miss the title by anything less than 4 points I'll be fucking gutted. I know that's too simplistic, but fact is we should have fucked them in both games.
Made up to see Felani get sent off, how bottleless is that. But that's how worried I am about it all going tits up.
Oh well, with a bit of luck Man U and Chelsea will both lose this afternoon, and we'll be alright.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:41:52 am by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: January 11, 2009, 11:12:54 am »
I can feel your frustration in every word mate....me too.
The thing is, we've both been there before haven't we?

In the past we've taken things for granted and it got a bit predictable.
At the same time it was one of life's great feelings to be inside Anfield on a sundrenched day in May, watching the boys parade our trophy.

Then we had 'the wilderness years' when every season was seen as being 'the one'.
I'm always optimistic and that will never change. However this season feels different to me. It's a combination of the 2 scenarios. One minute we are threatening to walk it, the next we look like we don't want it.
If I think hard enough about the past, then I'm sure I could think of similar occasions when it actually seemed the same.....though not very often.

Yesterday was dire. The worst of the season for me. Not because of the result, but down to a lack of urgency and leadership. I can accept a draw or a defeat if I see the players trying to do the right things, but yesterday that was sorely lacking.
We didn't play with enough game intelligence after the first 20 minutes and after that we didn't get back in their faces and win the battles often enough.
The team itself wasn't much different to the one that played against Newcastle so there was enough firepower there.We just didn't do it on the day. Which has also happened with all of our big guns on display this season.
As at Anfield with 30 odd shots to 2, you need to get that first goal. Then the game changes completely.

So I'm not worried mate. I'm well strapped in and on medication.....have you tried Brasso on your Weetabix?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: January 11, 2009, 11:36:15 am »
Strange season indeed, Shanks. As I said, I had no real hopes so it's all a bonus. But now that we;ve got in this position, I'd be absolutely gutted if it goes tits up. I don't mean losing it. I can handle that, sadly got used to it. but it will do my fucking head in if we just let it drain away against the likes of fucking Stoke.

Man U could be a point ahead by the next time we kick a ball. Fucking horrible thought that. Even worse.... Mr Ferguson being made out to be some sort of new Frued.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: January 11, 2009, 12:04:38 pm »
Yes....it's different when it's out of our hands.
Still......lots of points to be had and a trip to OT.......Happy days.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #1218 on: January 11, 2009, 12:16:05 pm »
if we do drop a point behind them gobshites,it means we go into the game at the toilet as a must win...somehow,it might not be a bad thing..time will tell
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #1219 on: January 11, 2009, 12:17:29 pm »
but having said that ,never needed a pair of draws so much since me first shag....
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: January 11, 2009, 12:19:28 pm »
I hated even writing it lads. Don't want to be knee jerking after one result. Just nerves.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: January 11, 2009, 05:58:08 pm »
Nah it's not nerves. I'm fucking choka. Hope it's just the depression of the ale come down, but looking at our situation and taking everything into account, I'm not a happy chappy.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1222 on: January 11, 2009, 06:43:06 pm »
This particular 'auld arse' is still pretty miserable today. Went to Stoke yesterday and sang me fuckin head off for 90 minutes while 95% of our great support stood there like wax works. 12th man my arse, they were a fuckin embarrassment. Didn't even applaud the players off at the end. Infact one young twat was shouting... "dont applaud them, they don't deserve it".

:wanker

Went for a beer and a curry with 5 other reds last night so that took the sting out of the dropped points but today (now that United have won) its come back with vengance.

I actually typed this FS before reading your post above. Looks like were on the same wavelength mate. We've got the best chance of number 19 in years and we're doing our best to fuck it up. Anyway, thats for another thread.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:49:22 pm by Shanks1965 »
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1223 on: January 11, 2009, 06:46:58 pm »
Nah it's not nerves. I'm fucking choka. Hope it's just the depression of the ale come down, but looking at our situation and taking everything into account, I'm not a happy chappy.

Come ed FS get a grip... Us arl arses need to guide the kids through a title run in...

Bring on yer Manchester United....
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: January 11, 2009, 06:56:30 pm »
This particular 'auld arse' is still pretty miserable today. Went to Stoke yesterday and sang me fuckin head off for 90 minutes while 95% of our great support stood there like wax works. 12th man my arse, didn't even applaud the players off at the end infact one young twat was shouting... "dont applaud them, they don't deserve it".

Went for a beer and a curry with 5 other reds last night so that took the sting out of the dropped points but today (now that United have won) its come back with vengance.

I actually typed this FS before reading your post above. Looks like were on the same wavelength mate. We've got the best chance on number 19 in years and we're doing our best to fuck it up. Anyway, thats for another thread.

Shanks mate, my last game was Arsenal away. Same fucking thing happened. You'd think with that much talcum powder up their noses the young lads would want to sing or at least do something instead of standing there fucking dumbstruck. Next game have a look around at all the swinging jaws. It's like standing in a fucking cattle shed.
50 fucking knicker for a bag of 75% per cent  paracetemol, and then stand there like a twat, getting all angry and narked. But fuck them clueless idiots.

I think that's been a very bad weekend for us. the tramp has just been on Sly sports News. He was fucking dumbstruck when asked about Rafa's "Rant." He had a little go at answering, but you could see how bollacksed he was. Did he get pressed. Did he fuck. then he tapped the interviewer on the shoulder and said Well done Jeff. He might as well as ruffled his hair and blew on his belly.
I await the Fergie master of mind games head lines in the morning. Fucking disgrace. And I think Rafa is back in ossie this week. The lad's really need to rally round him now and get some fucking wins in. 5 draws in 8 isn't good enough.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:58:49 pm by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: January 12, 2009, 12:53:09 am »
This particular 'auld arse' is still pretty miserable today. Went to Stoke yesterday and sang me fuckin head off for 90 minutes while 95% of our great support stood there like wax works. 12th man my arse, they were a fuckin embarrassment. Didn't even applaud the players off at the end. Infact one young twat was shouting... "dont applaud them, they don't deserve it".

Couldn't agree more Shanks.
Terrible fucking day yesterday.
It had a strange feel about it from the minute we got there.....just something hanging in the air.
It should have had all the ingredients of a great awayday. Misty evening under the floodlights in a shit ground full of 2 headed gobshite smalltimers.
It just didn't hapen in the stands or on the pitch.

Worst one for me in a long,long time.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: January 12, 2009, 12:56:36 am »
Couldn't agree more Shanks.
Terrible fucking day yesterday.
It had a strange feel about it from the minute we got there.....just something hanging in the air.
It should have had all the ingredients of a great awayday. Misty evening under the floodlights in a shit ground full of 2 headed gobshite smalltimers.
It just didn't hapen in the stands or on the pitch.

Worst one for me in a long,long time.
Always something hanging in the air at Stoke. I got me nose bust there when I was 16. Victoria ground, sneaky, stealing fuckers..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:14:56 am by Terry De Niro »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: January 12, 2009, 07:45:02 am »
Come ed FS get a grip... Us arl arses need to guide the kids through a title run in...

Bring on yer Manchester United....
It's not a flap mate. Haven't thrown the towel in, just looking at the big picture. We're in a proper fight now. And performances like that at Stoke wouldn't win a round of slap arse. The lads need to rally round Rafa now big time. I hope this next op sorts him. He wasn't looking at all well at Stoke. Hopefully that will drive them on. We've got a big month coming up. But like I said, all I wanted was steady progress. I've had that. I can't complain.

And anyway, Shank's auntie Cilla will be getting the ale in in Rome.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: January 12, 2009, 03:20:26 pm »
Always something hanging in the air at Stoke. I got me nose bust there when I was 16. Victoria ground, sneaky, stealing fuckers..

Yes I agree with that Terry, but had some good laughs there over the years.
This was different.....maybe the lack of passion from our fans.
It cost me an arm and a leg too with having to buy another ticket so that didn't help.
I never pay over the odds though. I'd rather miss the game.
Last time I paid over was at Hillsborough in the 80s against Arsenal in the cup and that was off a Scouser.
I swore blind I wouldn't do it again.
I've been all over without tickets and never had a problem.......you know the score.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: January 12, 2009, 03:21:35 pm »
And anyway, Shank's auntie Cilla will be getting the ale in in Rome.

Arrrrray chuck!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline larrylimestreet

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1230 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06:24 pm »
Looking forward to the run-in meself.

Great to be where we are than all those other shit years

Come on redmen

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: January 12, 2009, 07:30:27 pm »
course a lot in north wales sound scouse, its because of all the scousers who live there that have influenced that! 

forgot to ad why aint robbie fowler got a true scouse accent? always wondered like?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 07:34:19 pm by youll never walk alone it »
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline larrylimestreet

• Kopite
« Reply #1232 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41:43 pm »
Cos the divvy tries to talk posh thats why - ends up like a bit of Cilla effort

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: January 12, 2009, 11:55:06 pm »

forgot to ad why aint robbie fowler got a true scouse accent? always wondered like?

Robbie's accent is bad, like he's had elocution lessons when he was a teenager or something. It's a bit like someone mentioned earlier, a really old fashioned Liverpudlian accent like Arthur Askey :D

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: January 13, 2009, 12:22:49 am »
Robbie's accent is bad, like he's had elocution lessons when he was a teenager or something. It's a bit like someone mentioned earlier, a really old fashioned Liverpudlian accent like Arthur Askey :D

All of us lads from L8 talk nice.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

royhendo

« Reply #1235 on: January 27, 2009, 09:18:19 am »
Auld fellas... Willie Stevenson is on my "All Time Draft" team. My old boy reckoned he was a silky player but obviously I've not seen much of him. Any memories?

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #1236 on: January 27, 2009, 10:39:50 am »
Auld fellas... Willie Stevenson is on my "All Time Draft" team. My old boy reckoned he was a silky player but obviously I've not seen much of him. Any memories?

Yes, he was a great player but you don't hear much about him now as we were never on TV those days. He was the one who slipped it through to Gerry Byrne for the first goal in the 1965 Cup Final, if I remember right. He was also one of the best penalty takers we ever had. Can't remember him missing many.
He was my granddad's favourite player too. It took him a long time to appreciate Emlyn Hughes. He didn't see boundless energy as a substitute for pure class!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: January 27, 2009, 10:49:16 am »
I was only 11 when he left. I was going the match by then, but didn't understand fuck all about the game. Nothing changed there then. But here's a little article on him....
http://lfchistory.net/player_profile.asp?player_id=420

lfchistory.net is a great site for checking up on all things LFC. It mightn't have everything you are looking for, but I take me jesters hat off to the people that run it. Takes some doing that. It just made me realise I was only 11 when Emlyn arrived. Cheered me up a bit that, made me feel quite young in this company!

PS... I've watched him in the FA Cup final countless times. He was pure class in that game.

royhendo

« Reply #1238 on: January 27, 2009, 11:02:29 am »
Cheers for that gents - much appreciated. My Dad and Uncle John were fans of his. I need to do a 200 word write-up so I want to do him justice, you know?

This was the post I wrote when I picked him on the draft...

Late rethink on this one... I bet someone takes the fella I'm thinking about getting next time, but I reckon it's worth it in this case...

Willie Stevenson

I remember my old boy talking about him, and reading the stuff you read you get the impression of a player who fits the bill as the archetypal old-fashioned left half. I already have Ziege on the left and it's good to have a genuine legend of a player who not only has the defensive strength and tactical cuteness to deal with any zaniness on his part, but also a man who could use the ball, whose passing was excellent, and who also got forward in support of his forwards, who in my team's case will move the ball quickly and create a lot of space for runners to move into (hence why I was so keen on having Warky).

Not only that, if picks get scarce later on in the rounds, I can maybe ask Willie to do a shift in a few surrounding positions. There are some great midfielders available still, but this opens up a few possibilities - Rafa would have loved a player like this!

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #1239 on: January 27, 2009, 11:10:14 am »
Just looking at the picture, i can see Gerry Byrne with a huge grin - he must have been in absolute agony. My mates from Rhyl brought him along to the Man U game earlier this season- met him in the Arkles and he was an absolute gentleman as were so many of our players from that era.