Author Topic: Harry Kewell  (Read 90965 times)

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
Re: Harry Kewell Signs For Galatasaray
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2008, 12:33:07 am »
Couldn't care less how he does in Turkey. Prick.

What he said.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2008, 10:58:18 am »
I being an Aussie like to see him succed in Turkey, which he seems to be doing so far. I have a theory why his time here at LFC became so bad, and it involves a view on Rafa, who I support totally but basically, when Rafa first arrived in his first season we had that 'injury crisis' and it was a crisis, but he continued to play Kewell knowing he was carrying injuries, where it got to a point in CL where Kewell told Rafa he could not play against a german side, - 'my groins fukt' (Leverkeusen ???, can't remeber) but basically Kewell should have been added to that injury list, the Oz national coaches, where pleading to give Kewell a rest.

He should have had the operation he cleary needed, then and perhaps his injuries wouldn't have continued. Not looking for an argument, but there's two sides to every argument or story and I doubt Harry would rather be playing in Turkey rather than here. Before anyone brings up the 1 yr contract, no matter what the guy could've done, it wasn't going to win over thw majority of fans. Fresh start semed best. For what it's worth.

Do people really think he's a prick as in, I guess 'fooling' people at LFC that he was injured, therefore getting wge while sitting on his arse - something he wouldn't have been doing, he be doing rehab etc. Maybe this is something best left in the past. Just my point of view.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:01:34 am by Endoe »

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2008, 12:55:48 pm »
Injuries, wages and contracts aside, I think he's a prick because when he was fit he didn't always give his best and he shit out of tackles and hard work.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2008, 01:06:46 pm »
Injuries, wages and contracts aside, I think he's a prick because when he was fit he didn't always give his best and he shit out of tackles and hard work.
personally I think he was 'psychologically scarred', and subconciously pulled out of tackle (his last game vs the Mancs-perfect example) because he'd taken so long to get back, well the last thing he would want is to fuck/ reignite his achilles tendon injury (which is THE injury he bought from Leeds) and so on. But like I said, it's probably best we ALL move on.

The guy has bought myself a lot of pleasure as a Oz football fan, both Internationally and in the prem. But we all have our opinions of him, I just wanted to put mine across. Rather we left it there, because at LFC he was 'overall' a failure, in the worse way because we all know his was capble. I blame the PRESSURE on Raf to an extyent. Points of view and all that, I guess.

Cest la vie
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:09:18 pm by Endoe »

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2008, 04:01:01 pm »

sp the myth goes

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2008, 05:12:28 pm »
He isn't escaping from  tackles nowadays, playing a really physical game.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2008, 05:44:17 pm »
sp the myth goes

Eh? My opinion of Harry Kewell has got nothing to do with any fucking myth. My view on him is based on all the performances I've seen week-in, week-out, stood on the Kop during his Liverpool career. A Liverpool career which thankfully, is now over.

Sounds like you missed Wes Brown making him his bitch last season at Anfield. And all the other countless games when he couldn't be arsed and didn't fancy a physical battle.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2008, 05:56:51 pm »
What a c*nt of a man.

That is all.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2008, 08:28:16 pm »
Some attitudes towards former players is fucking terrible, the guy was injured, do you think he wanted to be injured? fuck. Reminds me of the shite Michael Owen got when he returned, that was a fucking discgrace.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2008, 08:42:40 pm »
Some attitudes towards former players is fucking terrible, the guy was injured, do you think he wanted to be injured? fuck. Reminds me of the shite Michael Owen got when he returned, that was a fucking discgrace.

Well whatever about Kewell, Owen DID screw us over...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2008, 08:48:58 pm »
Well whatever about Kewell, Owen DID screw us over...

I see your point but come on. At the time was was going nowhere, anyone in their right mind would have left for Madrid.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:24 pm »
personally I think he was 'psychologically scarred', and subconciously pulled out of tackle (his last game vs the Mancs-perfect example) because he'd taken so long to get back, well the last thing he would want is to fuck/ reignite his achilles tendon injury (which is THE injury he bought from Leeds) and so on. But like I said, it's probably best we ALL move on.

The guy has bought myself a lot of pleasure as a Oz football fan, both Internationally and in the prem. But we all have our opinions of him, I just wanted to put mine across. Rather we left it there, because at LFC he was 'overall' a failure, in the worse way because we all know his was capble. I blame the PRESSURE on Raf to an extyent. Points of view and all that, I guess.

Cest la vie

Note:

We are Liverpool not fucking Australia.

I am heavily under the impression that if Kewell was of another nationality then you wouldn't be making up ridiculous arguments to justify the man being a lazy bastard.

Pressure? Oh the poor lad, on 50k a week or whatever it was an he's expected to perform? Poor, poor Harry.

Get a grip.
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2008, 09:23:07 pm »

I see your point but come on. At the time was was going nowhere, anyone in their right mind would have left for Madrid.

Clearly going no where, having just signed one of the most promising young managers in Europe....

Do a little research on Owen's departure and what he said and when he said it before you make up your mind. The man is a deceitful little c*nt and I'm made up to see his career rotting away at Newcastle.
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2008, 09:27:05 pm »

Clearly going no where, having just signed one of the most promising young managers in Europe....

Do a little research on Owen's departure and what he said and when he said it before you make up your mind. The man is a deceitful little c*nt and I'm made up to see his career rotting away at Newcastle.

Now i can see where your coming from aswell, but. He'd been promised so much, None of us knew if Rafa would do anything. Owen didn't either. I just like the Welsh Midget, probably cos he's given me one of the best days of my life. Fully respect your opinion though.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2008, 01:29:43 am »
Note:

We are Liverpool not fucking Australia.

I am heavily under the impression that if Kewell was of another nationality then you wouldn't be making up ridiculous arguments to justify the man being a lazy bastard.

Pressure? Oh the poor lad, on 50k a week or whatever it was an he's expected to perform? Poor, poor Harry.

Get a grip.
your right about the Aus thing probably. I didn't say it was Kewell under pressure, but Rafa, in his first season, continued to play Kewell because everyone was crocked (including Harry). Anyway that's my view of him, like I said not looking for an argument.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2008, 10:46:31 pm »

Hadnt there been contract talks for over a year BEFORE Rafa arrived??
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2008, 08:44:09 pm »
And he fucking scored again.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2008, 08:45:11 pm »
Thats because the Turkish league is shite.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2008, 10:00:37 pm »
Turkish League is one of the toughest leagues in terms of physical struggle. Injuries are extremely common especially in players like Kewell, who likes to play with the ball.

Kewell did not miss a game yet. (Knock on wood)

Kewell keeps scoring.

I think he is back in business this time!
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2008, 11:09:18 pm »
Didn't do himself any favours by picking Aus over us. But in Australia it seems it's country over club

Injuries didn't help him. It's not as if he wanted to snap his groin on purpose for a long lay off
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline paulsi

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2008, 11:12:55 pm »
took the piss in istanbul when he went  off injured ,and was the quickest to run over to dudek when he did his stuff
betfair refer and earn its simple free £20 each when you use this code  w4wvdxlph

Offline Ibz

• Main Stander
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2008, 11:39:47 pm »
I'm sorry, but that is complete crap.  A stupid myth that many seem to believe.  You need to look back again at your DVD of the night.   
Harry Kewell was standing watching the penalties on the pitch with the other players and when they ran over to Dudek, he was the last one of those who weren't watching from the bench to make it. 

Glad he is enjoying his football.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2008, 03:37:41 am »
I love how people go to a Harry Kewell thread to say they don't care about Harry Kewell.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:43:32 am by Manila Kop »
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2008, 03:41:29 am »
I love how people go to a Harry Kewell thread to say how they love people going on to a Harry Kewell thread to say how that they don't care about Harry Kewell. :P
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:11 am »
Someone's bored in Antarctica.  :P
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2008, 03:50:54 am »
Someone's bored in Antarctica.  :P

I am indeed. :P

Why is everyone asleep?! Grr! Sleep is for losers!

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2008, 03:57:07 am »
I am indeed. :P

Why is everyone asleep?! Grr! Sleep is for losers!

Try the Laddo thread for some relief.  ;)

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2008, 03:58:07 am »
Try the Laddo thread for some relief.  ;)

I'm not lesbo but thanks for the suggestion. ;D

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2008, 04:09:28 am »
:-X  It's your username's fault.  You should pick something obvious like killer_heels next time.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:11:07 am by Manila Kop »

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2008, 04:31:13 am »
:-X  It's your username's fault.  You should pick something obvious like killer_heels next time.  ;D

I'll bear that in mind for when I have to make other usernames! :P

Anyway we're invading the thread!!

Offline LUFC1975

• Boys Pen
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2008, 08:57:06 pm »
I was there that night in Istanbul -
Along with many others so young, Kewell did us proud that night in a game that simply did not matter, standing tall with all those that had been affected by the horible events.
I'm sure when kewell eventually departed in 2003 that no Leeds fan would have begrudged him the chance to join his boyhood heroes, liverpool.
After 5 testing years including two relegations and the near extinction of my beloved club, I was happily gearing up for our most promising season in years, trouble-free and starting on a level playing field.
Then a sky sports bulletin announced that my former idol Harry Kewell was to sign for Galatasary I almost choken on my breakfast.
I felt a mixture of sadness, dissapointment and anger. I almost put my foot through the screen and sent kewells agent the bill.
Does he remember the riot shields and the home fans hissing like animals baying for blood that night?
Kewell owes the club that gave him his golden years a debt of gratitude.
I feel the same dirty feeling I felt eight years ago as I heard the sad news of the two murders.

Absolute money grabbing prick and I'm sure 99% of liverpool fans have seen it for themselves.
All the best for this year, hope you win the title and finish above the dirty mancs and Chelsea.
Hopefully see you soon.
Leeds!Leeds!Leeds!

Offline quirky

• Main Stander
  • red from head to toe
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2008, 08:56:09 am »
i think its stupid he left england to play in turkey. turkish football is quite physical i don't know why he didn't go to a more skilled league like in spain where he could use his dribbling qualities and such to his advantage, rather than get battered in turkey just like he did in england.

and another thing - i think some peoples views of kewell are disgraceful. the man was injured for god sakes it was obviously his dream to play football - its not like he got injured on purpose. and in my opinion he is one of the best left-sided players in the game when he is at full-fitness.
doogie

Offline NIred1

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2008, 09:16:08 am »
i think its stupid he left england to play in turkey. turkish football is quite physical i don't know why he didn't go to a more skilled league like in spain where he could use his dribbling qualities and such to his advantage, rather than get battered in turkey just like he did in england.

and another thing - i think some peoples views of kewell are disgraceful. the man was injured for god sakes it was obviously his dream to play football - its not like he got injured on purpose. and in my opinion he is one of the best left-sided players in the game when he is at full-fitness.

££££££, simple.

I've no problem with him being injured as it obviously wasn't his fault, just when he played he appeared to lack commitment.  Showed an incredible lack of class signing for Galatasaray though.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2008, 10:15:12 am »
How much did he make per week laying on the beach for us from the time he signed? 60,000 quid per week.

And what exactly did he contribute to the team?

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2008, 10:18:35 am »
How much did he make per week laying on the beach for us from the time he signed? 60,000 quid per week.

And what exactly did he contribute to the team?

From LFChistory net:

LFC league games/goals:  93 / 12
Total LFC games/goals:  139 / 16
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline Stevie-G

• Kopite
  • "IT'S WONDERFUL, IT'S MARVELOUS, ITS 3-3!"
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2008, 10:29:47 am »
He did annoy me a bit being injured so much and being payed so well but on the other hand, i know that if i fucked my groin up and was offered 60,000 a week by my boss to sit on my ass while it recovered, i sure the fuck would have taken it.
" WE GO AGAIN! "

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2008, 09:08:49 pm »
I was there that night in Istanbul -
Along with many others so young, Kewell did us proud that night in a game that simply did not matter, standing tall with all those that had been affected by the horible events.
I'm sure when kewell eventually departed in 2003 that no Leeds fan would have begrudged him the chance to join his boyhood heroes, liverpool.
After 5 testing years including two relegations and the near extinction of my beloved club, I was happily gearing up for our most promising season in years, trouble-free and starting on a level playing field.
Then a sky sports bulletin announced that my former idol Harry Kewell was to sign for Galatasary I almost choken on my breakfast.
I felt a mixture of sadness, dissapointment and anger. I almost put my foot through the screen and sent kewells agent the bill.
Does he remember the riot shields and the home fans hissing like animals baying for blood that night?
Kewell owes the club that gave him his golden years a debt of gratitude.
I feel the same dirty feeling I felt eight years ago as I heard the sad news of the two murders.

Absolute money grabbing prick and I'm sure 99% of liverpool fans have seen it for themselves.
All the best for this year, hope you win the title and finish above the dirty mancs and Chelsea.
Hopefully see you soon.
Leeds!Leeds!Leeds!

This is out of order!

In all the Turkish history of football there are only three casualties. One was a gang fight not related to football and the other was the two murders before Gala-Leeds game, which also was no way related to the game. Tell me, how many people died because of British holiganism ? I am guessing more than two...

As I said above, the two murders in Istanbul were not related to the game or Gala. There are some things that you should be aware of in foreign cultures. You can not go to Redneckville/Texas and shout "Whites suck, blacks rule", you can not go to India and butcher a "holy" cow in the middle of the street, you can not come to Turkey, consume alcohol to senselessness and  insult people's wifes/daughters or Turkish Flag. If you do these things best case scenario you will get a good beating, worst case scenario you will get lynched. I am not saying that what happened was OK, it was despicable but these things happen. However, because of an independent incident, you can not claim that home fans were  "hissing like animals baying for blood", that is complete ignorance. We shared the sadness of losing two souls that night but that was not going to stop us from supporting our team and we were doing just that.

As for Kewell, he is a professional football player trying to make a living. Why the hell would/should he care?

I am glad he came, he reminds us of Hagi and is doing wonderful both inside the field and outside.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2008, 09:21:29 pm »
I am glad he came, he reminds us of Hagi and is doing wonderful both inside the field and outside.

Some compliment!

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2008, 09:22:55 pm »
Some compliment!

Well I said reminds :).

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2008, 10:39:36 pm »
This is out of order!

In all the Turkish history of football there are only three casualties. One was a gang fight not related to football and the other was the two murders before Gala-Leeds game, which also was no way related to the game. Tell me, how many people died because of British holiganism ? I am guessing more than two...

As I said above, the two murders in Istanbul were not related to the game or Gala. There are some things that you should be aware of in foreign cultures. You can not go to Redneckville/Texas and shout "Whites suck, blacks rule", you can not go to India and butcher a "holy" cow in the middle of the street, you can not come to Turkey, consume alcohol to senselessness and  insult people's wifes/daughters or Turkish Flag. If you do these things best case scenario you will get a good beating, worst case scenario you will get lynched. I am not saying that what happened was OK, it was despicable but these things happen. However, because of an independent incident, you can not claim that home fans were  "hissing like animals baying for blood", that is complete ignorance. We shared the sadness of losing two souls that night but that was not going to stop us from supporting our team and we were doing just that.

As for Kewell, he is a professional football player trying to make a living. Why the hell would/should he care?

Are you avin a laff!!!!
How insincere and uncaring are you!!!
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!