Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1758291 times)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #7920 on: July 19, 2019, 08:30:11 pm »
We should be able to manage.
Phil shouldn't have any issues adjusting back into his old position.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7921 on: July 19, 2019, 08:34:28 pm »
Phil shouldn't have any issues adjusting back into his old position.

Be hard when he will be in Paris.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7922 on: July 19, 2019, 08:35:54 pm »
Be hard when he will be in Paris.

They moved the game to Geneva.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7923 on: July 19, 2019, 08:37:37 pm »
Sadio getting feisty.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #7924 on: July 19, 2019, 09:25:52 pm »
3 week hols and then he will miss City and Norwich.

I's of thought Klopp would prefer to of had him involved in pre season to work for the season and then give him an extended break in late August for a couple of week. We play Arsenal on August and then only Newcastle and Burnley before Chelsea on the 22nd September. Could quite easily take a couple of weeks there and I'm sure could make a plan to skip the internationals
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #7925 on: July 19, 2019, 09:29:00 pm »
I's of thought Klopp would prefer to of had him involved in pre season to work for the season and then give him an extended break in late August for a couple of week. We play Arsenal on August and then only Newcastle and Burnley before Chelsea on the 22nd September. Could quite easily take a couple of weeks there and I'm sure could make a plan to skip the internationals

He's been going since last July, though. The longer he works without a break, the closer to injury he gets.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #7926 on: July 19, 2019, 09:34:33 pm »
He's been going since last July, though. The longer he works without a break, the closer to injury he gets.

The really exciting thing is that we'll get to see what happens over the next month :)
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7927 on: July 19, 2019, 09:56:20 pm »
Suprised his back isn't broke carrying that shite Senegal side to the final.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7928 on: July 19, 2019, 09:57:35 pm »
Commiserations to Sadio and Senegal, hopefully he has a relaxing few weeks before rejoining our squad.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7929 on: July 19, 2019, 09:58:55 pm »
So disappointed for him, sickening that Alegria have basically won the tournament by kicking other teams to pieces. They should have been two men down at least.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7930 on: July 19, 2019, 10:04:30 pm »
Fucking hell go and relax now Mane. I wont be happy until I see an instagram photo of him relaxing on a beach with a Pina Colada.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7931 on: July 19, 2019, 10:19:27 pm »
He'd sacrifice his European Cup winners medal for a Fuzzy wuzzy they don't like ip up'em, medal!!!........ Disgusting.

We should fire him

Then sell him, to the highest bidder.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7932 on: July 19, 2019, 10:33:08 pm »
Needs his 3 weeks rest. Mane needs to chill.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7933 on: July 19, 2019, 10:33:36 pm »
So disappointed for him, sickening that Alegria have basically won the tournament by kicking other teams to pieces. They should have been two men down at least.

Alegria have now done the double the AFCON and the dyslexia World Cup.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7934 on: July 19, 2019, 10:52:54 pm »
Alegria have now done the double the AFCON and the dyslexia World Cup.
;D

I hadn't even noticed that.  The gif beneath must have distracted me (people meandering around disinterested, one of which is in a golf buggy because WHY NOT?!, while somebody is randomly fired out of a cannon - humanity has peaked!).

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #7935 on: July 19, 2019, 11:20:18 pm »
Probably the worst result for us, he played right till the end but didn't get the joy of a win to keep his spirits up.

No chance he comes to us early, he will need time to get over this and recharge mentally.

Don't worry Sadio, there's lots of great players here when you come back to help spread the load.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7936 on: July 19, 2019, 11:36:37 pm »
Fucking hell go and relax now Mane. I wont be happy until I see an instagram photo of him relaxing on a beach with a Pina Colada.

Would you be happy with a virgin pina colada?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7937 on: July 19, 2019, 11:39:09 pm »
Sad for Sadio. He's going to be devastated. Hopefully he gets some rest and bounces back.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7938 on: July 19, 2019, 11:55:09 pm »
Needs a long break - insane he’s just finished last season

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7939 on: July 20, 2019, 12:08:30 am »
Now Mane, just go and get some rest please....
Believer

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7940 on: July 20, 2019, 12:16:15 am »

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7941 on: July 20, 2019, 12:29:01 am »
Really wanted this for him as he has repeatedly shown it meant so much to him.

I'm sure the club will be ready to help him bounce back.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #7942 on: July 21, 2019, 10:24:38 pm »
Any links to Sadio doing his forward roll on the CL flag please? Can’t remember if it was Barca or the final.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7943 on: July 22, 2019, 05:49:03 am »
A three week break it is. Rest well, Sadio, no football in the meantime!

3h ago
Sadio Mane's Liverpool return date confirmed
Chris Shaw
@__ChrisShaw
Sadio Mane will return to Liverpool after the Community Shield fixture against Manchester City.

The forward has started an end-of-season break following Senegal’s run to the final of the Africa Cup of Nations, in which they were beaten 1-0 by Algeria.

Mane is set to rejoin the Reds on Monday August 5 ahead of the Premier League opener against Norwich City at Anfield, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

“He is in good shape,” the manager told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Obviously they had a celebration in Senegal and I’m happy about that because it showed that they respect the competition and saw the second place as a success, which is nice.

“He is now on holiday, not the longest one – he will be back on August 5, after the Manchester City game. That means he had two weeks. There is four or five days to prepare for Norwich, 10 days for Chelsea [in the UEFA Super Cup].”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/357703-sadio-mane-s-liverpool-return-date-confirmed
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #7944 on: July 22, 2019, 08:39:55 am »

19 July - 5 Aug is 16 days.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #7945 on: July 22, 2019, 09:03:07 am »
Just 2 weeks.

Far from ideal, we'll obviously have to rotate him a fair bit till winter time. To do that I think we'll have to change the shape.

Having 2 world-class forwards on the pitch instead of 3 is still more than enough firepower to win us most games as long as we get the shape and balance right. Potentially no need to insist with a 433 if we are gonna give Sadio time to take it easy initially.

I think 442 diamond would be the best solution as our fullbacks offer so much going forward these days so width wouldn't be an issue and Bobby can be sensational at times at 10.

Any which way with the amount of games we'll have to be really creative to scrap through it all.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #7946 on: July 22, 2019, 09:08:27 am »
Not ideal situation for him, Klopp is patient usually with players and he will manage him correctly. Hopefully he gets another break during Internationals in September.

He did get a little holiday before AFCON, was it 10 days or so?
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7947 on: July 22, 2019, 09:20:40 am »
The positive is that he had a weeks holiday before the CL final and a week and a half before AFCON.

Not sure if it works like that though..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7948 on: July 22, 2019, 09:53:08 am »

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/357703-sadio-mane-s-liverpool-return-date-confirmed

It's two weeks. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand it's good to get him back early and in contention to face Norwich. But on the other hand, a two week break is nothing. He's been playing non stop for the past year.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7949 on: July 22, 2019, 09:57:03 am »
It's two weeks. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand it's good to get him back early and in contention to face Norwich. But on the other hand, a two week break is nothing. He's been playing non stop for the past year.

It’s hard to understand the urgency to get him back to be honest. We hope to be playing football til next May and he’ll be pivotal.
It’s a bit incongruent ... if we’re arguing Origi, Brewster etc are good enough to the point that we don’t need more attacking players then we should be able to manage 3 or 4 weeks without him in order to get him properly rested and prepped.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7950 on: July 22, 2019, 09:59:02 am »
It’s hard to understand the urgency to get him back to be honest. We hope to be playing football til next May and he’ll be pivotal.
It’s a bit incongruent ... if we’re arguing Origi, Brewster etc are good enough to the point that we don’t need more attacking players then we should be able to manage 3 or 4 weeks without him in order to get him properly rested and prepped.

I did think that but didn't want to come across as doubting the people that make these decisions. Surely we can manage the first few games without him and give the lad a decent rest. 

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7951 on: July 22, 2019, 10:00:24 am »

I totally agree. He should be resting up for the full 3 weeks not cutting short his break. We all know he's an incredible athlete. However he is another year older and it's been another year of intense football under his belt.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7952 on: July 22, 2019, 10:03:31 am »
I did think that but didn't want to come across as doubting the people that make these decisions. Surely we can manage the first few games without him and give the lad a decent rest.

If the drop off in quality when he is out weren't so big I don't think he would be coming back early.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7953 on: July 22, 2019, 10:34:11 am »
19 July - 5 Aug is 16 days.

So it is  :o

I just saw what I expected to see. What utter madness.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7954 on: July 22, 2019, 10:35:45 am »
If the drop off in quality when he is out weren't so big I don't think he would be coming back early.

Yet apparently we dont need to sign anyone and are happy with the squad.

Mane should at least sit out the rest of 2019 international breaks and rest then. Also the World Club Cup.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:38:56 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7955 on: July 22, 2019, 10:38:10 am »

The whingings great mate, reckon we can at least isolate it into just the one thread though?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7956 on: July 22, 2019, 10:40:26 am »

Mane should at least sit out the rest of 2019 international breaks and rest then. Also the World Club Cup.

The club know what they are doing, I trust them to make correct decisions.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7957 on: July 22, 2019, 10:41:34 am »
The club know what they are doing, I trust them to make correct decisions.

/forum

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7958 on: July 22, 2019, 10:43:05 am »
/forum

I'm not saying we can't discuss transfers, I'm saying that the club know a lot more than we do.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7959 on: July 22, 2019, 10:50:44 am »
I'm not saying we can't discuss transfers, I'm saying that the club know a lot more than we do.

Don't want to discuss transfers in here - the discussion should be what we're expecting of Mane

The club don't have a flawless record in terms of load management / fatigue in the middle and end of seasons with our players
Even if they did its up for discussion like everything else