Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1753917 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #7880 on: July 15, 2019, 10:30:29 pm »
No

And he is my favourite Liverpool player currently.

Not enough of a story

And to be fair he hasn't been better than Salah.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7881 on: July 15, 2019, 10:38:24 pm »

I think he has!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7882 on: July 15, 2019, 10:51:27 pm »
I think he was over the past season, he was the joint golden boot winner and was more influential as a player. Mane was our most consistent goal threat and was the focal point of most of our attacks.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7883 on: July 16, 2019, 12:27:47 am »

I agree with the others,Mane had a better season than Mo last season,only by a gnats cock though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7884 on: July 16, 2019, 12:36:47 am »
I think he was over the past season, he was the joint golden boot winner and was more influential as a player. Mane was our most consistent goal threat and was the focal point of most of our attacks.

They scored the same amount of goals, so how was he a more consistent threat?

Salah scored 27, Mane scored 26. Mane has given us a 1-0 lead on 12 ocasssions, Salah on 11.

Salah also had 10 assists compared to Mane's 2.

Salah has scored/assisted in 27 different matches. Mane with contributions in 21 different matches

Both have had really good seasons but Mane wasn't more of a threat than Salah.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #7885 on: July 16, 2019, 12:43:11 am »
They have different roles. Comparing them hurts my brain - in a nice sort of way.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7886 on: July 16, 2019, 03:52:37 am »
For me, we should be delighted that the two of the top five best wide forwards in Europe play for us

As for last season, for me, Excel test says Salah, eye test says Mane.

But ultimately they are both ours so it doesn't matter

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7887 on: July 16, 2019, 04:12:14 am »
Come on Mane, bring it home!
Believer

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7888 on: July 16, 2019, 12:41:49 pm »
I remember posting I thought he'd be a 60 million pound player by the end of his first season when we signed him and people questioned the fee.... he's double that now!

As for his season vs Mos..... It's forgotten now but his first half of the season was less stellar - though his second half obviously was.
He also had a pretty bad passing season and it remains his weak point (cough on my coffee every time the anfield wrap talk about him as a play maker)
He beats Salah on defensive contribution but Mo's got him on everything else ... not much of a sleight Mo's got most footballers on everything else
As Clayton says its incredible to have them both in the same team   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:10:17 pm by JackWard33 »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7889 on: July 16, 2019, 12:45:02 pm »
I remember posting I thought he'd be a 60 million pound player by the end of his first season when we signed him and people questioned the fee.... he's double that now!

As for his season vs Mos..... It's forgotten now but his first half of the season really wasn't that great - though his second half obviously was.
He also had a pretty bad passing season and it remains his weak point (cough on my coffee every time the anfield wrap talk about him as a play maker)
He beats Salah on defensive contribution but Mo's got him on everything else ... not much of a sleight Mo's got most footballers on everything else
As Clayton says its incredible to have them both in the same team

First half of the season he scored 9, the other half he scored 17 so yeah was a big difference.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7890 on: July 16, 2019, 01:12:33 pm »
They scored the same amount of goals, so how was he a more consistent threat?

Salah scored 27, Mane scored 26. Mane has given us a 1-0 lead on 12 ocasssions, Salah on 11.

Salah also had 10 assists compared to Mane's 2.

Salah has scored/assisted in 27 different matches. Mane with contributions in 21 different matches

Both have had really good seasons but Mane wasn't more of a threat than Salah.
Fair enough the stats favour Mo slightly, but Mane got through a ton more work defensively and was generally the out ball in taking us up the field. In the biggest matches it was generally Sadio who played best and imo after a Virgil was our best player last year.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7891 on: July 16, 2019, 01:17:56 pm »
Fair enough the stats favour Mo slightly, but Mane got through a ton more work defensively and was generally the out ball in taking us up the field. In the biggest matches it was generally Sadio who played best and imo after a Virgil was our best player last year.

Fair enough at the same time one could argue that Salah was heavily targeted by the opposition and the opposition spent more time restricting his space and movement, which in return gave Mane more space.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7892 on: July 16, 2019, 01:54:22 pm »
Mane has that ability to skin defenders that is just exciting. Salah sort of does too but it’s not as good.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7893 on: July 16, 2019, 02:16:53 pm »
I'm sure I remember reading or hearing about Jurgen saying there is so much more to come from Mane just before last season started. Something along the lines of "he doesnt know how good he can be". I might have dreamt it though.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7894 on: July 16, 2019, 02:24:51 pm »
I could be wrong, but I recall Mane scoring the more crucial goals last season? First goal in a game (CL final being the big exception)/only goal in a game/winning goals.

What does it matter anyway? We have two of the best forwards in the game playing for us. Bobby ain't bad either.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7895 on: July 16, 2019, 02:27:39 pm »
I could be wrong, but I recall Mane scoring the more crucial goals last season? First goal in a game (CL final being the big exception)/only goal in a game/winning goals.

What does it matter anyway? We have two of the best forwards in the game playing for us. Bobby ain't bad either.

What is your definition of a crucial game? Every game for us in the league for instance was crucial because we were competing against City

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7896 on: July 16, 2019, 05:52:24 pm »
Fair enough at the same time one could argue that Salah was heavily targeted by the opposition and the opposition spent more time restricting his space and movement, which in return gave Mane more space.
Yeah possibly true, but it's a great position to be in. Having such a strong front 3 means this kind of discussion is had with a smile, who wouldn't want to argue over which of their golden boot winners had a better season ;)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7897 on: July 17, 2019, 08:51:16 am »
I would love for him to score more away from home next year in the league whilst maintaining his goal a game last season home form. Not asking too much am I  :D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7898 on: July 18, 2019, 09:04:16 pm »
Seeing Klopps recent comments, I reckon Mane re-joins the squad at the same time as Salah, Firmino and Alisson. Which would be great.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7899 on: July 18, 2019, 09:07:17 pm »
Seeing Klopps recent comments, I reckon Mane re-joins the squad at the same time as Salah, Firmino and Alisson. Which would be great.

They from his interview today? What did he say?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7900 on: July 18, 2019, 09:10:44 pm »
They from his interview today? What did he say?

He said he didn't know. He would make a decision once he speaks to Mane after the final and see's how he's feeling physically.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7901 on: July 18, 2019, 09:17:13 pm »
He said he didn't know. He would make a decision once he speaks to Mane after the final and see's how he's feeling physically.

Ah thought that’s what he said the other day and it didn’t seem like it would be when Mo and co are back.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7902 on: July 18, 2019, 09:22:59 pm »

And he is my favourite Liverpool player currently.

Totally agree on this. Last season he was immense a lot of his work probably goes unnoticed (off the ball).  There were times last season when we were under pressure during big games in intense periods ie Barca at Anfield, and he was always an available outlet and a constant threat.  Such a huge season from him in terms of improvement and output. Outstandingly good. His style is so unorthodox really in the sense he is 2 footed, superb in the air for such a small guy, quick, plays deep, wide or high. You never know what he is going to do, no his end product has improved it moves him into that world class bracket for me. He must be a dream to play with but a nightmare for opposition defenders.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:26:29 pm by Floydy »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7903 on: July 18, 2019, 09:29:34 pm »
Ah thought that’s what he said the other day and it didn’t seem like it would be when Mo and co are back.

Just the fact that he doesn't know and says he will speak to Mane suggests it will be earlier than the normal three weeks. The logical point would then be for the Sion trip.

I could be wrong; it's just the impression I get.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #7904 on: July 18, 2019, 09:30:32 pm »
Looking at the fixtures, I'd make sure Sadio is eased in to start away against Chelsea in the league. Before that we don't need him. The toughest test obviously would be Arsenal at home but i reckon we should keep him on the bench there just in case.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7905 on: July 18, 2019, 09:33:54 pm »
Just the fact that he doesn't know and says he will speak to Mane suggests it will be earlier than the normal three weeks. The logical point would then be for the Sion trip.

I could be wrong; it's just the impression I get.

He says it's 16 days before City, so I imagine if he gives him 3 weeks, he'll more than likely be involved against Chelsea in the Super Cup.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #7906 on: July 18, 2019, 11:01:34 pm »
Looking at the fixtures, I'd make sure Sadio is eased in to start away against Chelsea in the league. Before that we don't need him. The toughest test obviously would be Arsenal at home but i reckon we should keep him on the bench there just in case.

I'd say he joins up with the others in Evian and then takes two weeks off either directly after the Arsenal or Burnley games and misses a premier league game.

Obviously a lot of that will depend on signing and how Brewster and Origi perform over the coming weeks.
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #7907 on: July 19, 2019, 03:04:50 pm »
I think Sadio will be back for the uefa super cup match against Chelsea. Starting on the bench. As that match will be 3 and a half weeks after the African Nations cup final.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #7908 on: July 19, 2019, 03:15:43 pm »
Think he will take his 3 weeks off directly after the Final and shouldn’t be to long getting back to full fitness

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7909 on: July 19, 2019, 06:40:22 pm »
Good luck tonight Sadio.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7910 on: July 19, 2019, 07:11:23 pm »
Think he will take his 3 weeks off directly after the Final and shouldn’t be to long getting back to full fitness

That takes us directly to Norwich at home - we should have enough to win that without him. Hopefully he's ok for the following weekend after a full week of training.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7911 on: July 19, 2019, 07:13:38 pm »
I can't think of another sport that only gives it's players 3 weeks holiday when they've been in training and action for 11 months. It's absolutely absurd. Players really have become workhorses these days, it's no wonder why players often completely drop off a cliff when they become about 30.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #7912 on: July 19, 2019, 07:42:08 pm »
I can't think of another sport that only gives it's players 3 weeks holiday when they've been in training and action for 11 months. It's absolutely absurd. Players really have become workhorses these days, it's no wonder why players often completely drop off a cliff when they become about 30.

They've always done that, though.

3 weeks of complete inactivity is enough to reset the body. As long as they don't go back into their first week starting at 100% intensity, they won't have any problems. The only real issue is carrying injuries over from one season to the next, so little injuries might end up becoming bigger injuries later in the season. For that, you have to hope a club's medical department or on top of everything for every player.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7913 on: July 19, 2019, 07:46:42 pm »
3 week hols and then he will miss City and Norwich.
Y.N.W.A.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7914 on: July 19, 2019, 07:51:28 pm »
3 week hols and then he will miss City and Norwich.

We should be able to manage.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7915 on: July 19, 2019, 07:52:24 pm »
First thing first - good luck, Sadio! Bring another gold medal home!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7916 on: July 19, 2019, 07:55:15 pm »
We should be able to manage.

Yup, The Ox will fill in.
Y.N.W.A.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7917 on: July 19, 2019, 08:10:35 pm »
Yup, The Ox will fill in.

Would be a waste. He's so limited in that position compared to what he's fully capable of. I'd rather we give Brewster the chance or play Origi there.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7918 on: July 19, 2019, 08:14:55 pm »
Would be a waste. He's so limited in that position compared to what he's fully capable of. I'd rather we give Brewster the chance or play Origi there.

Is Shaquiri injured as well?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7919 on: July 19, 2019, 08:16:41 pm »
Is Shaquiri injured as well?

Yes, but hopefully fit enough for the start of the season