Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 577940 times)

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #1520 on: October 15, 2022, 05:04:29 pm »
That’ll be a great watch. I would rather play one of the left backs over on the right side than seeing Milner get done time and time for pace. The thought of him against foden and cancelo is just a scary thought  :butt

It’s not going to be a good watch. Especially given foden and cancelos form 🤮

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #1521 on: October 15, 2022, 06:21:04 pm »

Surely there’s other alternatives? Nat Phillips CB and Gomez right back? Hopefully Konate is okay though.

Milner at right back just completely nullifies our right hand side.

There is Calvin Ramsay? He was on the bench against Rangers

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1522 on: October 15, 2022, 06:22:42 pm »

Making his debut against that City attack?

Mind you knowing Klopp’s chutzpah I wouldn’t be surprised.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1523 on: October 15, 2022, 06:24:39 pm »

No he wasn't.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1524 on: October 15, 2022, 06:25:45 pm »
No he wasn't.

He made the bench in the first game at home, but not the away game. Presumably he's had a setback as I can't really see another reason to not have him there.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #1525 on: October 15, 2022, 06:30:27 pm »
Making his debut against that City attack?

Mind you knowing Klopp’s chutzpah I wouldn’t be surprised.

I can appreciate that view.  But he is rated highly (most recently commented on by Van Dijk) so he may surprise a few people.  Having Milner at right back against Man City is not the best option IMO.  He is 36 yo after all.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: October 15, 2022, 06:31:19 pm »
I can appreciate that view.  But he is rated highly (most recently commented on by Van Dijk) so he may surprise a few people.  Having Milner at right back against Man City is not the best option IMO.  He is 36 yo after all.

Just saw above Ramsay is injured!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: October 15, 2022, 06:33:36 pm »
it seems to be at the point where we put injured players on the bench just to fill the thing up.  no intent of playing them.

as well as Ramsay, hasn't Jones been on the bench recently then back to "injured, unavailable" within a day or two?

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #1528 on: October 15, 2022, 06:39:23 pm »
Just saw above Ramsay is injured!

I thought Ramsey had recovered from his back injury?  If that is true, what the hell is happening with injuries and our team!!!???  But I don't think Milner is the answer at right back against Man City - he does not give us much either in defence or attack IMO

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1529 on: October 15, 2022, 06:42:06 pm »
Yeah something is up, all three of Jones, Ramsay and Konate have all come back to training and then been out again pretty much instantly.  Gotta get on top of this.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1530 on: October 15, 2022, 06:46:15 pm »
Yeah something is up, all three of Jones, Ramsay and Konate have all come back to training and then been out again pretty much instantly.  Gotta get on top of this.

Jones was a bone injury so maybe not as easy to manage. Ramsay is a mystery and let’s see what’s the problem with Konate.

But who knows whether training or not medical services are contributing to the problems.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: October 15, 2022, 06:52:41 pm »
Jones was a bone injury so maybe not as easy to manage. Ramsay is a mystery and let’s see what’s the problem with Konate.

But who knows whether training or not medical services are contributing to the problems.

none of us, obviously, but there HAS to be someone at the club who can pinpoint WTF is going on, surely?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1532 on: October 15, 2022, 06:53:27 pm »

The time you are most likely to get an injury is when you are returning from an injury. Either a recurrance or a compensatory injury.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1533 on: October 15, 2022, 06:56:19 pm »
The time you are most likely to get an injury is when you are returning from an injury. Either a recurrance or a compensatory injury.

That's fair enough, but then surely the workload needs to be managed accordingly.  These are top level medical/sports science professionals but we're getting injury after injury after injury.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: October 15, 2022, 06:57:42 pm »
That's fair enough, but then surely the workload needs to be managed accordingly.  These are top level medical/sports science professionals but we're getting injury after injury after injury.
agree.  players are either being given the all-clear too soon, or are being pushed too hard in training once they get the all-clear.  or even both, I guess.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1535 on: October 15, 2022, 07:21:17 pm »
agree.  players are either being given the all-clear too soon, or are being pushed too hard in training once they get the all-clear.  or even both, I guess.

The biggest problem is usually the players themselves. Taking the three examples. Jones will have seen that he has a massive opportunity to establish himself. Ramsey has just joined a new club and is desperate to impress. Konate will see a World Cup on the horizon and will be desperate to get back in the spotlight.

The players are the ones who know if there is pain or stiffness but will push things because they are so desperate. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1536 on: October 15, 2022, 07:40:13 pm »
The biggest problem is usually the players themselves. Taking the three examples. Jones will have seen that he has a massive opportunity to establish himself. Ramsey has just joined a new club and is desperate to impress. Konate will see a World Cup on the horizon and will be desperate to get back in the spotlight.

The players are the ones who know if there is pain or stiffness but will push things because they are so desperate. 

This is surely just guesswork though, they may be keen to impress but they're also not stupid

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1537 on: October 15, 2022, 07:44:00 pm »
I'd put Fabinho at the back before playing Milner or Phillips in defence against City. Hardly seems fair on either.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: October 15, 2022, 07:47:01 pm »
I'd put Fabinho at the back before playing Milner or Phillips in defence against City. Hardly seems fair on either.

Not sure about it being fair. They are professional footballers earning a lot of money to play football, so its pretty fair asking them to play football.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1539 on: October 15, 2022, 07:47:08 pm »
This is surely just guesswork though, they may be keen to impress but they're also not stupid

It isn't because pain and stiffness aren't really quantifiable. The physios and the medical team are generally relying on the player. As for the player it often isn't down to stupidity quite often they convince themselves they will be okay. Usually adrenaline kicks in and they cope.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: October 15, 2022, 08:23:55 pm »
Athletic say milner at right back.

Yikes! Would rather see Phillips at CB and keep Gomez here he is than Milner starting at RB.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: October 15, 2022, 09:09:56 pm »
FFS, don't think we've had this many injuries since Souness. :butt

Maybe drop Fab to CB and move Gomez to the right?  I love young James, he's my favourite player, but it would be madness to have him at RB against City.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: October 15, 2022, 09:11:06 pm »
Nat (IIRC) hasn't played a minute this season, so asking him to keep a lid on the Blobfish is simply unrealistic.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: October 15, 2022, 09:13:24 pm »
Phillips is rubbish (for a club in the PL)…. He’s slow, his positional sense isn’t good and he makes mistakes.

You’re much better off with quality.

….and yet despite all that we increased his wages and extended his contract. Wonder who had that bright idea.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: October 15, 2022, 09:13:57 pm »
Nat (IIRC) hasn't played a minute this season, so asking him to keep a lid on the Blobfish is simply unrealistic.

He played against Palace, well the first half anyway.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: October 15, 2022, 09:21:17 pm »
He played against Palace, well the first half anyway.
ah, completely forgot.  he subbed off on 63mins.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1546 on: October 15, 2022, 09:54:50 pm »
….and yet despite all that we increased his wages and extended his contract. Wonder who had that bright idea.
Because  we can flog him for a good fee.

We protected the value of our asset.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: October 15, 2022, 10:20:48 pm »
£60k a week.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1548 on: October 15, 2022, 10:25:13 pm »
Because  we can flog him for a good fee.

We protected the value of our asset.

His value is only going down though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: October 15, 2022, 10:37:45 pm »
His value is only going down though.

According to transfermarkt his value is as high as it's ever been, and if he hadn't signed a new contract his value would be zero because his contract would be up.

There's been a ton of interest in him so his new contract made total sense, the interest just doesn't seem to have resulted in a concrete offer materialising unfortunately, or at least not one that we're satisfied with. We've got some amazing fees for youth/squad players in the past by being patient, but sometimes the gambit doesn't work and you end up with the player remaining on the books. Still, I can't imagine his wages are especially high so if he moves on it'll likely mean a profit for us regardless.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 10:39:18 pm by Schmidt »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1550 on: October 15, 2022, 11:05:53 pm »
Does anybody know of a site that tracks games missed on an aggregate level? I get that Transfermarkt shows games missed for the individual but would like to see how we compare vs other teams before making any overarching statements.

Offline NewfoundRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Come from Away
« Reply #1551 on: October 15, 2022, 11:25:47 pm »
Phillips is rubbish (for a club in the PL)…. He’s slow, his positional sense isn’t good and he makes mistakes.

You’re much better off with quality.

I don’t post often Tepid and I normally enjoy your opinions. I would accept Phillips having limitations but rubbish is too strong and unfair.

It is clear to all that Klopp sees something in him and has enjoyed his journey. I think he deserves a little more respect.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1552 on: October 15, 2022, 11:36:09 pm »
I don’t post often Tepid and I normally enjoy your opinions. I would accept Phillips having limitations but rubbish is too strong and unfair.

It is clear to all that Klopp sees something in him and has enjoyed his journey. I think he deserves a little more respect.

we all enjoyed the contribution of course, it was a mad few months that will be forever remembered, but it’s not about Klopp ‘seeing something’ in him as much it was a case of needs must.

Since that run, he’s played what is it - 2 or 3 PL or CL games for Liverpool? They’ve tried to sell him last 2 windows now.  But seem to be holding out for a higher fee than teams have been willing to offer as is the club’s right.

But I wouldn’t be foold by nice words from Kloppo about him. It doesn’t mean he thinks he’s a great player and suited to this team. He isn’t.

Milner as right back to move Gomez back central is more likely to happen, as it should. Even with Milner’s limitations of course.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: October 15, 2022, 11:37:15 pm »

right on.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: October 15, 2022, 11:50:23 pm »

Jomez, Fab, Virg and Robbo at the back for me. If Konate is injured.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: October 15, 2022, 11:51:23 pm »
Good to see both Jones and Ox back in the latest training video. Hopefully make the bench soon.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1556 on: October 16, 2022, 12:00:23 am »
According to transfermarkt his value is as high as it's ever been, and if he hadn't signed a new contract his value would be zero because his contract would be up.

There's been a ton of interest in him so his new contract made total sense, the interest just doesn't seem to have resulted in a concrete offer materialising unfortunately, or at least not one that we're satisfied with. We've got some amazing fees for youth/squad players in the past by being patient, but sometimes the gambit doesn't work and you end up with the player remaining on the books. Still, I can't imagine his wages are especially high so if he moves on it'll likely mean a profit for us regardless.

Not being funny but his value according to Transfermarket is £7.2m.

For me unless he improves massively he is a top Championship level player. He doesn't fit how we play the game and should have been moved on.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: October 16, 2022, 12:13:57 am »
Not being funny but his value according to Transfermarket is £7.2m.

For me unless he improves massively he is a top Championship level player. He doesn't fit how we play the game and should have been moved on.

So what? He was available for the right price and we didn't get the right price, are you saying we should have accepted a lot less just to get him off the books? As long as his wages aren't significantly out of balance with his value then what difference does it make? We'll always have players moving through the club without significantly impacting the first team, making us money through loan/transfer fees, it's the way it works.

It's a good thing you're not a Chelsea fan, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night thinking about all the players they have on the books!

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1558 on: October 16, 2022, 12:25:00 am »
So what? He was available for the right price and we didn't get the right price, are you saying we should have accepted a lot less just to get him off the books? As long as his wages aren't significantly out of balance with his value then what difference does it make? We'll always have players moving through the club without significantly impacting the first team, making us money through loan/transfer fees, it's the way it works.

It's a good thing you're not a Chelsea fan, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night thinking about all the players they have on the books!

We kept on a player who was a terrible fit for the club in the belief that we were going to get a big fee for him. At one stage we were asking £25m for him, which was lunacy. My prediction is that he will leave on a free.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1559 on: October 16, 2022, 08:00:17 am »

Phillips would be more ideal for West Ham game who are a physical side and set piece oriented. Not for Man City though or for our highline (the Palace goal).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season