Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1308239 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #8120 on: February 14, 2020, 05:25:12 pm »
4 stones? Bloody hell, Big Ears weighs less than two! :o
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #8121 on: February 14, 2020, 05:50:19 pm »
Melt it down and cast it into the shape of a Liverbird.
;D

The crown could be made into a gold perch
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8122 on: February 14, 2020, 06:11:02 pm »
I've loved reading the posts on this thread recently. It's truly an incredible time to be a red. Of course, this title win means different things in the context of different people's lives and that's what makes football beautiful, especially supporting this club. I'll always be grateful of having liverpool as an underlying force in my own life. Whatever happens over time I can bring memories supporting this great club along the way and I have many memories of football that make me think about where I was at the time and what I was doing. I've enjoyed this season so much and know there'll be many more great moments to come.

6 wins to go. Seems like a dream to be saying this in February but it's true. In fact, I sometimes have to check the league table from time to time to make sure that it is real and we really are 22 points clear. Football doesn't get better than this so breath it all in and savour it. I'm not really used to having a team of 11 players (more than that actually) who you can talk for days about how good they are. We always had 1 or 2 in our teams where we had a handful of players who could win games but it's now every single one of them are heroes.

This title "race" (if you can even call it that- it's more of a procession at this point) has been incredibly satisfying for me. Last year it was very stressful and I was often consumed by the whole title race. I didn't even let myself really think about how I'd feel if we won it. Right now, I sometimes just stop what I'm doing and just let my mind wander about how I'll feel and everything about the day when we do finally clinch the holy grail. It's really starting to hit me just how close we are to winning what I've always dreamed of and at times wondered if we ever would win the league in my life. Of course, looking back that was a silly thought as success comes and goes but things felt very drastic especially in the early years of the previous decade. The contrast between now and then is unbelievable. Is this the same club that I spent so long being so frustrated by?

I really am over the moon with this season. Life changes and things aren't great right now for me personally but Liverpool really are a relief from everything. This gives the current team added significance as I genuinely have no idea how I'd cope without them and I'll always be grateful for every one of the lads that wear the red shirt with such distinction right now- not just for the footballing memories but for helping me to keep going and keeping me sane honestly. This gives me such a strong connection with a group of lads who I've never met yet I feel I know them like friends.

This is truly a time I'll look back on when I'm older and tell my grand kids about with a wistful smile about our incredible front three who just never seemed to stop scoring. About Trent and Robbo who could ping incredible cross field balls and making it look so simple. I'll remember how our defence were unstoppable and terrified opposition attackers. Then I'll laugh at the memory of people writing off our great captain. Most of all, I'll remember our mentality monsters and the incredible memories they gave me, many of which are still yet to come. Maybe they'll say that they're jealous that I could see such a legendary team in my life, just as I was once jealous of my dad who saw us win everything in the 70s and 80s. In response I'll maybe just smile and reassure them that they too will be able to see such memories one day. Maybe by that point things wont be so good anymore but it will come again. After all, we're fucking European royalty and soon to be the champions of the country as well.

We're so fucking privileged to be fans of this club. Make sure to be as unbearable about that fact as you can. YNWA
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8123 on: February 14, 2020, 06:44:30 pm »
An ex colleague of mine is a gooner. I've not spoken with him for about four years, but most of his banter was 'when did Liverpool last win the league?'. 'have Liverpool ever won the premier league'.  Well since mid January he's been getting random, anonymous , postcards from around Europe with nothing on but  the address and a number indicating how many more wins we need.  I suspect he hasn't quite yet guessed what it's about.
Ps if there's any volunteers to send the one from Liverpool please ?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8124 on: February 14, 2020, 07:17:10 pm »
That’s Pep gone this summer then with no CL football for 2 years. Good to see them finally held to account.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #8125 on: February 14, 2020, 07:19:28 pm »
This should be the 21st title coming up, not the 19th. You fucking bent bastards  :wave
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8126 on: February 14, 2020, 07:27:46 pm »
There has been some good posts whether to celebrate now or to wait untill it's done.

Good on you, on both accounts.

I suffer from anxiety attacks and depression, inferiority complex and so on, so the sheer anticipation of winning the league is doing my head in.
I know it shouldn't, try telling my sub concsience that.

I don't want to piss on anyones parade, nor do I want anyone curbing their joy of the seemingly inevitable.

Just wish that the posts "Imagine not being able to enjoy this" would stop.

I, and many others do not need to imagine. We have to live through that.

With that said,

The future is red, the future is ours.
https://youtu.be/vcl5AWgHpoY

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8127 on: February 14, 2020, 09:31:07 pm »
Pep, how many times are you going to be banned from the champions league?  ;D

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8128 on: February 14, 2020, 09:36:26 pm »
I was sceptical, so Googled. You are correct.   :o  Hendo will have to get on the weights for a bit before he lifts it.  ;)

While browsing I found out a little bit about the trophy. Turns out it was designed by Royal Jewellers, Asprey of London.
The green malachite base is supposed to represent the green fields on which the game is played. The design of the trophy is based on the (gets sick bucket) heraldry of the three lions associated with English football. Two lions appear on the handles either side of the trophy, while the third is symbolised by the captain of the title-winning team. As he raises the trophy, the gold crown is positioned above his head.  ::)

My god. Miserable bastard

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8129 on: February 14, 2020, 10:06:37 pm »
This year my daughter will be the same age I was when we last won it.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8130 on: February 14, 2020, 10:19:40 pm »
If City lose 1 or draw 2 of their next 4, we'll win the league at Goodison with 5 wins.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8131 on: February 14, 2020, 10:25:03 pm »
My god. Miserable bastard

Thanks for the input, but I'm a happy soul really.  :-*

Oh, I'm not a bastard, by the way.  :wanker
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8132 on: February 14, 2020, 10:30:10 pm »
Can we win it before the clocks change?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #8133 on: February 14, 2020, 10:32:31 pm »
Will City get any points deducted.......if so we could almost be there.
#JFT97

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8134 on: February 14, 2020, 10:59:45 pm »

Yes, if the Palace game doesn't get moved, or City drop more points before we play Everton, clocks change 29th March, Palace is 21st March
#Sausages

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8135 on: February 14, 2020, 11:49:47 pm »
In Greenwich Mean Time
In Greenwich Mean Ti-ime,
Wrapped up the title
In Greenwich Mean Time
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #8136 on: February 14, 2020, 11:54:56 pm »
SO what happens to the titles Man City won during the period they are in deep shite for?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8137 on: February 14, 2020, 11:58:01 pm »
SO what happens to the titles Man City won during the period they are in deep shite for?

Truthfully? Probably nothing. I mean we, and everyone else, already know they’ve been cheating - but it’s unlikely they get stripped of titles. More likely it would be a forward punishment.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8138 on: February 15, 2020, 12:07:05 am »
Truthfully? Probably nothing. I mean we, and everyone else, already know they’ve been cheating - but it’s unlikely they get stripped of titles. More likely it would be a forward punishment.

That would hardly be a disincentive to cheat. That would mean you can cheat as much as you want in the premier league, win a load of trophies and prize money, then take a non retroactive punishment. It would be like allowing dopers in athletics to keep their medals.

Retroactive punishment would dissuade clubs from cheating.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #8139 on: February 15, 2020, 12:09:00 am »
Are we the Jedis and Manchester City the Death Star?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8140 on: February 15, 2020, 12:21:56 am »
Are we the Jedis and Manchester City the Death Star?
Well you can't say we don't have a wedge...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8141 on: February 15, 2020, 12:23:03 am »

Well luckily she wont be your age now when we win it again. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8142 on: February 15, 2020, 12:24:02 am »

Depends if the Premier League shift us over to PST (Points Subtracted Time).

Popcorn's Art

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #8143 on: February 15, 2020, 12:54:13 am »
Well you can't say we don't have a wedge...

We just have to wait antilles all confirmed

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8144 on: February 15, 2020, 12:56:30 am »
That would hardly be a disincentive to cheat. That would mean you can cheat as much as you want in the premier league, win a load of trophies and prize money, then take a non retroactive punishment. It would be like allowing dopers in athletics to keep their medals.

Retroactive punishment would dissuade clubs from cheating.
Don't worry, City will be punished retroactively. A tenner for every year they cheated...

I see where you're coming from, and kind of agree in my heart, but not in my head. Financial doping it's not the same as real doping for a number of reasons. In drug doping, you enhance the human performance beyond an otherwise unattainable level. Financial doping is cheating, no question, but it only allows you to get the best players. That has its drawbacks. First, you can only put 11 on the pitch at any time, which leaves City with another 11 waiting in the wings. What a bench indeed, but how happy would they be for a long period of time? Second, we showed these last two seasons that we can beat any money doping in 11v11. Yes, it takes more intensity, assertion and concentration from our boys, they will be probably drained at the end of the season, but so much sweeter will be the reward! And lastly, clubs that get the financial doping face a massive, massive extinction risk. It's all good and dandy now for City and PSG, but once their benefactors lose interest, good luck paying that debt! They can start from administration and back from the amateur levels... 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #8145 on: February 15, 2020, 01:11:57 am »
Really hope City don't get deducted points this season. Or if it happens it better not put us over the line. Of all the ways to win it, that would be shite.
This season is about our achievement. Not about them twats.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8146 on: February 15, 2020, 06:31:40 am »
Haha.....f**k city. Finally there is justice. Haha.

There is just no way they can go on buying fullbacks for 50 million pounds without any blowback and hahaha......the blowback was awesome.

f**k man city. F**k blady pep. Haha
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8147 on: February 15, 2020, 07:39:35 am »
Don't worry, City will be punished retroactively. A tenner for every year they cheated...

I see where you're coming from, and kind of agree in my heart, but not in my head. Financial doping it's not the same as real doping for a number of reasons. In drug doping, you enhance the human performance beyond an otherwise unattainable level. Financial doping is cheating, no question, but it only allows you to get the best players. That has its drawbacks. First, you can only put 11 on the pitch at any time, which leaves City with another 11 waiting in the wings. What a bench indeed, but how happy would they be for a long period of time? Second, we showed these last two seasons that we can beat any money doping in 11v11. Yes, it takes more intensity, assertion and concentration from our boys, they will be probably drained at the end of the season, but so much sweeter will be the reward! And lastly, clubs that get the financial doping face a massive, massive extinction risk. It's all good and dandy now for City and PSG, but once their benefactors lose interest, good luck paying that debt! They can start from administration and back from the amateur levels...

Of course it's not the same, but if City presented Premier League with falsified documents about income that enabled them to get the license to play in the league they can well be very serious consequences for them starting from points deduction to stripping down titles. And it's now proven that they are indeed dirty cheaters (UEFA wouldn't punish a team for 150m+ without being certian of it) so it's not like it would be a big outrage if they get the most serious punishments.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8148 on: February 15, 2020, 10:09:10 am »
I see where you're coming from, and kind of agree in my heart, but not in my head. Financial doping it's not the same as real doping for a number of reasons. In drug doping, you enhance the human performance beyond an otherwise unattainable level. Financial doping is cheating, no question, but it only allows you to get the best players.
I agree, but using the same principles you could argue that the Italian Serie A scandal wasn't really cheating as it didn't enhance human performance - only the influence of referees. However, titles were stripped away, points deducted, and Juventus were relegated, and in my view financial doping to buy the best players is on a par with bribing referees. In fact, I'd argue its worse, as a referee can't actually put the ball in the goal whereas 11 of the best players in the world have a much better chance of influencing the outcome of the game.

Good to see UEFA finally showing some bite after years of FFP being toothless - clearly there's been a huge amount of work done in the background to put this case together, and City's arrogant and defiant reaction to all of this just serves to reinforce the lack of class, dignity and respect they have for the game. Guardiola is also complicit in this (even if not legally) - he may not have known the actual details, but surely must have wondered where all the money was coming from whilst he was buying whoever he wanted. This verdict tarnishes everything he's done with City and this league, and I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down in June to try and salvage his reputation.

This is going to magnify our title win even more, by showing the world what we've achieved against a backdrop of wholesale cheating, and I'm looking forward to that horrible club unravelling in the coming months and seasons. The backlash from the media and the terraces will be fierce, and it's certainly been well worth the wait.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 10:11:55 am by keyop »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8149 on: February 15, 2020, 10:57:02 am »
I agree, but using the same principles you could argue that the Italian Serie A scandal wasn't really cheating as it didn't enhance human performance - only the influence of referees. However, titles were stripped away, points deducted, and Juventus were relegated, and in my view financial doping to buy the best players is on a par with bribing referees. In fact, I'd argue its worse, as a referee can't actually put the ball in the goal whereas 11 of the best players in the world have a much better chance of influencing the outcome of the game.

Can't agree with this. A bent ref may not enhance human achievement, it just means he can completely strike human achievements away for illegitimate/invented reasons.

Financial doping is more complex. I've hated it since Abramovitch was a thing, but that wasn't against the rules so it was legal. Agree with the position that it only allows you, from an on pitch sense, to put 18 brilliant players on the pitch. They still need to have the mentality to overcome challenges, competition, injuries, bad decisions etc etc. They still need to gel as humans and a team. They still need to actually have the levels of skill and fight required to do the winning. It makes it a shitloads easier to get right if you throw money at the best coaches and players. It makes it, at best, stink a bit if you haven't earned that money through sporting success but just through getting a rich owner - see Chelsea. Difference with city is that the rules changed. They've been caught, absolutely bang to rights breaking the rules.

Completely agree with the below.

Good to see UEFA finally showing some bite after years of FFP being toothless - clearly there's been a huge amount of work done in the background to put this case together, and City's arrogant and defiant reaction to all of this just serves to reinforce the lack of class, dignity and respect they have for the game. Guardiola is also complicit in this (even if not legally) - he may not have known the actual details, but surely must have wondered where all the money was coming from whilst he was buying whoever he wanted. This verdict tarnishes everything he's done with City and this league, and I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down in June to try and salvage his reputation.

This is going to magnify our title win even more, by showing the world what we've achieved against a backdrop of wholesale cheating, and I'm looking forward to that horrible club unravelling in the coming months and seasons. The backlash from the media and the terraces will be fierce, and it's certainly been well worth the wait.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8150 on: February 15, 2020, 11:08:43 am »

Would we be the first team ever to win it before the clocks go back?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8151 on: February 15, 2020, 12:00:16 pm »
I see where you're coming from, and kind of agree in my heart, but not in my head. Financial doping it's not the same as real doping for a number of reasons. In drug doping, you enhance the human performance beyond an otherwise unattainable level. Financial doping is cheating, no question, but it only allows you to get the best players.

An over-simplistic view, if you don’t mind me saying.

For a start, “financial doping” makes a massive difference to performance - if it didn’t, they wouldn’t do it. In that respect, it’s exactly the same as blood doping or using PEDs.

You’re right that simply “financial doping” by itself isn’t guaranteed to work, you need people in place who know what they are doing to get the best out if it.

But the same is true of doping with PEDs. Lance Armstrong wasn’t operating as a lone wolf buying dodgy pills off the internet, he had a crack medical team behind him. In the 90s, a number of cyclists died because they didn’t know how to use EPO safely.

To get back on topic, where we are right now is a demonstration of what you can achieve by playing within the rules when you have the best coaching set-up, with owners providing the right backing and support. To go back to cycling, it’s a bit like the “marginal gains” philosophy of Dave Brailsford - pay attention to all the small details and they add up to greater overall achievements. We are where we are now because Klopp and FSG are meticulous in everything they do.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8152 on: February 15, 2020, 12:06:23 pm »
Can't agree with this. A bent ref may not enhance human achievement, it just means he can completely strike human achievements away for illegitimate/invented reasons.
Perhaps that worked in Serie A 15 years ago, but one of the benefits of VAR (despite its detractors) is it pretty much removes the possibility of bribing officials - the replays are independently judged and there for everyone to see (and from every angle). Even if you also bribed the video assistants it would soon be obvious something was wrong. There's no way a crooked referee could influence a game now more than a team full of £50m players could.

City's financial doping is fraud and cheating on an industrial scale and the last 24 hours is just the beginning of their downfall. The stage is set now more than ever for us to continue to dominate under Klopp.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8153 on: February 15, 2020, 12:13:48 pm »
Perhaps that worked in Serie A 15 years ago, but one of the benefits of VAR (despite its detractors) is it pretty much removes the possibility of bribing officials - the replays are independently judged and there for everyone to see (and from every angle). Even if you also bribed the video assistants it would soon be obvious something was wrong. There's no way a crooked referee could influence a game now more than a team full of £50m players could.

City's financial doping is fraud and cheating on an industrial scale and the last 24 hours is just the beginning of their downfall. The stage is set now more than ever for us to continue to dominate under Klopp.

I hope so. If it was me in charge I'd be throwing the book at them. Full punishment, from both UEFA and the PL, whatever the full extent of that may be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8154 on: February 15, 2020, 12:21:27 pm »
I would be annoyed if they just docked them points this year.

Would be a massive bottle job from the Premier League as it would affect absolutely nothing.

Punishing without Punishing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8155 on: February 15, 2020, 12:26:38 pm »
I would be annoyed if they just docked them points this year.

Would be a massive bottle job from the Premier League as it would affect absolutely nothing.

Punishing without Punishing.

Unless it's 50 points and we can relegate them 😋

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8156 on: February 15, 2020, 01:52:50 pm »
I think we need to remember, that despite the title , it's not about maintaining a level playing field. Uefa were more concerned about owners buying clubs relatively cheap , then gambling with their assets on success. If that failed it ruined the club and the owners walked away. What city have done is breach the rules and it stinks , but the owners aren't gambling with city's future existence. The rules have nothing to do with sporting outcomes and all about protecting clubs from unscrupulous gamblers.
The fact that city so blantantly stick two fingers up at the rules makes the punishment seem fitting.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8157 on: February 15, 2020, 02:25:53 pm »

Wow.. same here mate.. I was 11, when we last won it in 1990.. My daughter is currently 11..  :champ
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8158 on: February 15, 2020, 02:53:12 pm »
Wow.. same here mate.. I was 11, when we last won it in 1990.. My daughter is currently 11..  :champ
I was 23, my oldest son is 23...  :champ
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8159 on: February 15, 2020, 03:05:53 pm »
I was 17 last time we won it, hadn’t even met my future wife yet. Our son is now 21.