Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1308572 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #8240 on: February 16, 2020, 02:09:48 pm »
Haha, I was 3, my oldest son is 3.

I was 11, my son is 11.

Up the Pallindrome Reds (awaits Alan to tell me that’s not a pallindrome :D )

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #8241 on: February 16, 2020, 02:33:18 pm »
I think we may end up breaking the land speed record the way we are chasing this ;)
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8242 on: February 16, 2020, 03:01:24 pm »
Great to see all these records up for grabs. While trophies take precedence I would take them in the following order:

1. Points record (currently City’s 100 pts from 17/18)
2. Invincible in a PL season
3. League unbeaten streak (currently Arsenal’s 49, we’re on 43)
4. Consecutive wins (currently 18, we are on 17)

The other records are too techy even for me.

The other record of course is League titles. We will be on 19, one behind Man Utd. If the PL grow some balls and strip City of their titles, we get 2 more for 13/14 and 18/19.  However Man Utd also get 2 more for 11/12 and 17/18. Personally I’d be content for them to be stripped and left vacated like Lance Armstrong’s Tour wins; a permanent reminder of City’s fraud. Oh and triple relegation to League Two.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8243 on: February 16, 2020, 03:27:04 pm »
I'd much rather go unbeaten than the points record. I reckon we could get to 100 again at some point. Going unbeaten is probably a once in a life time thing - takes an absurd amount of mentality and luck.

Plus the fact that no one was able to beat us - just think about it. 100 points with a loss or two doesn't seem as nice to me.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #8244 on: February 16, 2020, 03:31:10 pm »
Great to see all these records up for grabs. While trophies take precedence I would take them in the following order:

1. Points record (currently City’s 100 pts from 17/18)
2. Invincible in a PL season
3. League unbeaten streak (currently Arsenal’s 49, we’re on 43)
4. Consecutive wins (currently 18, we are on 17)

The other records are too techy even for me.

The other record of course is League titles. We will be on 19, one behind Man Utd. If the PL grow some balls and strip City of their titles, we get 2 more for 13/14 and 18/19.  However Man Utd also get 2 more for 11/12 and 17/18. Personally I’d be content for them to be stripped and left vacated like Lance Armstrong’s Tour wins; a permanent reminder of City’s fraud. Oh and triple relegation to League Two.

They're only being investigated for 2012 to 2016. During which time they only won the league once.

We could in theory not have won the league for 30 years and then win 2 in 1 season
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8245 on: February 16, 2020, 04:08:38 pm »

I personally don't want to be given the titles from those seasons. It's pointless, I've been waiting my whole life for a league title and would be a bit shit to just be given it retrospectively. I'm all for them having them taken away though
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8246 on: February 16, 2020, 04:30:32 pm »
I personally don't want to be given the titles from those seasons. It's pointless, I've been waiting my whole life for a league title and would be a bit shit to just be given it retrospectively. I'm all for them having them taken away though

Don't really understand this. So if a team cheated to finish above us after we gave a monumental effort to win the title through valid means (e.g last season) you don't feel it's rightfully ours? I get that it wouldn't feel like a win perhaps but it would be right to award it to the 2nd place team or the team that finished highest without breaking the rules.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8247 on: February 16, 2020, 05:00:39 pm »
Don't really understand this. So if a team cheated to finish above us after we gave a monumental effort to win the title through valid means (e.g last season) you don't feel it's rightfully ours? I get that it wouldn't feel like a win perhaps but it would be right to award it to the 2nd place team or the team that finished highest without breaking the rules.
i think he's just saying being awarded the title in this fashion doesn't come close to winning it and being given it in the regular way. i'm not go and celebrate winning the 13/14 title like winning the one this season.

the important thing would be some players should have a PL winners medal (Gerrard), but again, he's not gonna celebrate it as if he'd won it today
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #8248 on: February 16, 2020, 05:10:03 pm »

Spurs can still catch us mathematically.  We'd have to love every game, them win every game, and they'd need to turn around a 36 goal-difference deficit.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8249 on: February 16, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »
I've got more chance of shagging Scarlett Johansson.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8250 on: February 16, 2020, 05:14:59 pm »
I've got more chance of shagging Scarlett Johansson and Margot Robbie on the same evening.

Fixed that for you :D
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8251 on: February 16, 2020, 05:15:28 pm »

Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8252 on: February 16, 2020, 05:16:52 pm »
Fixed that for you :D

Nah I'd be happy with Scarlett mate but If I'm feeling up to it then it's possible.  ;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8253 on: February 16, 2020, 05:24:02 pm »
I've got more chance of shagging Scarlett Johansson.
you need to move on!  ;D
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8254 on: February 16, 2020, 05:38:27 pm »
Mate when you know, you know.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8255 on: February 16, 2020, 05:49:22 pm »
Fucking VAR done us over!!!! We would be 100% if those wasters did their job right at Old Trafford this season.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Online CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #8256 on: February 16, 2020, 05:49:33 pm »

I wouldn’t mind at all. Sure, it wouldn’t be as satisfying as winning the title this season, but it would mean we'd suddenly be on 21 league championships, after 30 years on 18.

As I understand it, the Premier League are considering an after-the-fact points deduction. The two times we were runners-up to City, the gap was tiny. When United were runners-up, the gap was massive. Therefore, there's a greater chance United wouldn’t get another title, and we'd get TWO. In one stroke, we'd have our title record back.

And Gerrard would have a league winners medal too.

It's not as if the title victory won't be as sweet and wonderful as we would all hope.

What's not to like?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8257 on: February 16, 2020, 05:51:19 pm »
We could equal most wins in a row against West Ham?

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8258 on: February 16, 2020, 05:52:42 pm »
I wouldn’t mind at all. Sure, it wouldn’t be as satisfying as winning the title this season, but it would mean we'd suddenly be on 21 league championships, after 30 years on 18.

As I understand it, the Premier League are considering an after-the-fact points deduction. The two times we were runners-up to City, the gap was tiny. When United were runners-up, the gap was massive. Therefore, there's a greater chance United wouldn’t get another title, and we'd get TWO. In one stroke, we'd have our title record back.

And Gerrard would have a league winners medal too.

It's not as if the title victory won't be as sweet and wonderful as we would all hope.

What's not to like?
I'd love to see Stevie on the bus at the end of the season clutching his 2014 medal waving to the crowd. Be a bit sad for Jimmy Milner but at least he can replace his 2014 medal with a 2020 version.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8259 on: February 16, 2020, 06:07:11 pm »
It's not that we wouldn't have earnt it, it would just be a bit dead. Would prefer to win it on the pitch not a decision made by the premier league
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8260 on: February 16, 2020, 06:11:08 pm »
I absolutely would want to win the 2014 and 2019 titles retrospectively (though I doubt they'll do that). If we earned them and were beaten to them by cheats then we deserve them. How they are won would only feel important in the moment; in years to come all that would matter would be the numbers in the records and on the Champion's wall, where 21 would currently look better than 19.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8261 on: February 16, 2020, 06:13:42 pm »
It's not that we wouldn't have earnt it, it would just be a bit dead. Would prefer to win it on the pitch not a decision made by the premier league
I get you, but that 'dead' feeling that you might get (I certainly wouldn't) would only be transitory. That's not enough reason turn our noses up at what would be our due (not to mention medals for the lads who earned them but were cheated out of them)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #8262 on: February 16, 2020, 06:15:59 pm »
I absolutely would want to win the 2014 and 2019 titles retrospectively (though I doubt they'll do that). If we earned them and were beaten to them by cheats then we deserve them. How they are won would only feel important in the moment; in years to come all that would matter would be the numbers in the records and on the Champion's wall, where 21 would currently look better than 19.

I'd love them too, highly doubt it happens though. Someone asked me last season in about April time if I'd still celebrate winning the title if City got deducted points. I'd be baffled by the mentality of anyone who wouldn't. We've been robbed of two titles by them on 84 and 97 points
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8263 on: February 16, 2020, 06:19:01 pm »

Same here. People need to remember, without the dodgy financials, City don't sign Aguero, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, La Porte etc etc. They may have been the better team when winning the titles, but the teams were assembled by cheating.

Anyway, have I got my maths right and its the Palace game where we will win it if we win the remaining games?

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8264 on: February 16, 2020, 06:21:13 pm »
despite winning the champions league last season, losing the title to City by a point really hurt our players. it triggered an absolute relentlessness and drive to make up for it this season. despite being 25 points ahead we have won alot of games by single goals and have had to endure scares in some of them. its that drive and desire to win thats getting us over the line in a lot of games. what a squad we have.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #8265 on: February 16, 2020, 06:29:53 pm »
Same here. People need to remember, without the dodgy financials, City don't sign Aguero, De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, La Porte etc etc. They may have been the better team when winning the titles, but the teams were assembled by cheating.

Anyway, have I got my maths right and its the Palace game where we will win it if we win the remaining games?

Not if we beat Chelsea in the cup as the palace game will get moved

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8266 on: February 16, 2020, 06:30:13 pm »

If we lose to Chelsea in the cup, yes. That's only if City dont drop more than 2 points in their next 4. We will win it at Goodison if the lose 1 or draw 2 and we win the next 4.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8267 on: February 16, 2020, 06:31:52 pm »

It is not even the players. Ped Guardiola wouldn't of looked twice at City without the obscene amounts of money they were illegally spending.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8268 on: February 16, 2020, 07:14:30 pm »
It is not even the players. Ped Guardiola wouldn't of looked twice at City without the obscene amounts of money they were illegally spending.

Good point. You'd also have to question would Mancini have gone there without the 2 salaries he was getting.

If we lose to Chelsea in the cup, yes. That's only if City dont drop more than 2 points in their next 4. We will win it at Goodison if the lose 1 or draw 2 and we win the next 4.

Cheers.

Can't see Abu Dhabi getting a win from the Leicester game. Ideal scenario is that their heads have gone, they lose to both West Ham and Leicester giving them an 84pt maximum and we will win it at home to Bournemouth.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8269 on: February 16, 2020, 07:18:48 pm »
Good point. You'd also have to question would Mancini have gone there without the 2 salaries he was getting.

Cheers.

Can't see Abu Dhabi getting a win from the Leicester game. Ideal scenario is that their heads have gone, they lose to both West Ham and Leicester giving them an 84pt maximum and we will win it at home to Bournemouth.

It’s possible that they field a weakened team on Weds and drop points. This season is now Pep’s last chance at the CL at City. They’ll focus on the cups.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8270 on: February 16, 2020, 07:29:38 pm »
It’s possible that they field a weakened team on Weds and drop points. This season is now Pep’s last chance at the CL at City. They’ll focus on the cups.

Their league position is immaterial now, top 4 is of no importance so I can see it being all out to win the CL as you say.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8271 on: February 16, 2020, 07:48:51 pm »
Their league position is immaterial now, top 4 is of no importance so I can see it being all out to win the CL as you say.

It was always immaterial though as they were never in doubt of not finishing top 4. Not sure how much changes, their manager plays their strongest 11 against the likes of Burton Albion in the League Cup so doubt we'll see much rotation. Phil Foden might get a game though.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8272 on: February 16, 2020, 07:52:23 pm »
It was always immaterial though as they were never in doubt of not finishing top 4. Not sure how much changes, their manager plays their strongest 11 against the likes of Burton Albion in the League Cup so doubt we'll see much rotation. Phil Foden might get a game though.

It was as they still needed top 4 for CL. Now it matters not a jot as they are banned anyway, so he may change things for the CL - he'll fuck off to Juve next year.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8273 on: February 16, 2020, 08:19:11 pm »
Absolutely. He doesn't acknowledge their existence without the grotesque amount of money being funnelled into the club and the under the counter wage they are paying him.

Let's not forget, this is a man previously perceived to be highly moral in character. He has sacrificed those morals because the pay-off is so extraordinarily high.

With a level playing field, he doesn't even notice the club formerly known as Manchester City. Who does?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8274 on: February 16, 2020, 08:19:16 pm »
Somebody was telling me that every outfield player we have fielded this season has scored at least once. Insane if that is so.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8275 on: February 16, 2020, 08:23:33 pm »
Somebody was telling me that every outfield player we have fielded this season has scored at least once. Insane if that is so.
Gomez? Can't recall it

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8276 on: February 16, 2020, 08:25:23 pm »
I've found something to worry about.
What are the best exercises to begin doing now so I can wave a scarf for hours on end with a big smile and lots of tears.
I appreciate I may have left it too late to build up so I can muscle to the front of a million-plus people, but the scarf-waving might be achievable.
Thanks in advance for any tips, I've looked on The Golden Age of Iron Men,
http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/
but it seems to lack anything on scarf-waving stamina.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8277 on: February 16, 2020, 08:25:33 pm »
Gomez? Can't recall it

Lovren hasn't either. Or many of the kids at Villa/Shrewsbury.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8278 on: February 16, 2020, 08:25:51 pm »
I absolutely would want to win the 2014 and 2019 titles retrospectively

Part of me agrees with you, but another part of me thinks fuck it, let those titles go

Even if we were credited with them, they just wouldn't feel like title wins

As much as we were cheated out of them, and as much as our players deserved them, nah, just nah. Don't want them

In my mind, City being exposed as the corrupt cheating c*nts that they are will only add to the satisfaction of seeing them having to hand it over to us in a few weeks

It wont just be an ending of a 30 year drought, it'll also be a massive "Fuck You" to the wider footballing world
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8279 on: February 16, 2020, 08:25:57 pm »
It was as they still needed top 4 for CL. Now it matters not a jot as they are banned anyway, so he may change things for the CL - he'll fuck off to Juve next year.

But they could play their b team in the league and still finish comfortably in the top 4?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.