Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 426670 times)

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #200 on: March 5, 2012, 12:19:54 am »
I think there is too big a gulf in class between Wilshere and Henderson though.

Think Wilshere and Cleverley will be more likely at this point.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #201 on: March 5, 2012, 12:22:41 am »
Even removing bias from the debate I don't see what Cleverley does that makes him better than Henderson. He maybe has more of a swagger... but then he's missing for months at a time, so it kinda balances its self out.

Think Henderson is well on course to replace Michael Carrick as England's forgotten/underrated midfielder for the next ten years.

Here's to a decade of Gerrard and Lampard Wilshire and Cleverley!
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 5, 2012, 12:25:36 am »
Even removing bias from the debate I don't see what Cleverley does that makes him better than Henderson. He maybe has more of a swagger... but then he's missing for months at a time, so it kinda balances its self out.

Think Henderson is well on course to replace Michael Carrick as England's forgotten/underrated midfielder for the next ten years.

Not saying I agree with it, but it's what I think will happen. Think you're spot on with the Henderson/Carrick comparison.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #203 on: March 5, 2012, 12:30:04 am »
I think there is too big a gulf in class between Wilshere and Henderson though.

Maybe currently, although I think that a large part of that is due to confidence. I also think that playing alongside another technical player like Wilshere would bring out the best in him.
We'll see I guess,  but I do have high hopes for Jordan.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 5, 2012, 12:43:08 am »

You know whats funny mate, carrick is the only midfielder england have that can pass the ball from deep positions and still have the ability to recycle the ball. That said he has gone to shit since the ass raping he took in rome.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #205 on: March 5, 2012, 12:46:52 am »
I think Wilshire is pretty far ahead of him, but then I don't think they're ever going to be playing the same role. Henderson is a foil, Wilshire is the one that conducts. I think Cleverley wants to be the most involved one as well to be honest. Neither Wilshire or Henderson are typically "English" of the last 10-15 years. Every English midfielder wants to be at the centre of things, but few of them genuinely manage to control it like Wilshire does. Just as few are happy to provide the platform like Henderson or Carrick does. I don't mean "the dirty work", that shit that people suck Scott Parker off for as if they're still serving a lifetime sentence for failing to recognise Claude "shite Didi" Makelele as the greatest footballer ever to kick the ball. I mean the one touch passes and the plethora of selfless off the ball running he does.

... Course that often looks like nothing, and it often is, because at 21 Henderson's biggest crime is basically that he only really plays well when the team is functioning. If we're doing well, he's usually there with a bit of swagger. If we're not he looks invisible because, hey-ho, most of his contributions are. The thing that got Carrick bit of praise was that in his mid-20s at Spurs you saw a few more expansive passes, or dribbles like when he almost scored at Highbury for Spurs (youtube it). The sort of stuff we saw from Henderson against Fulham but is intermittent that you've forgotten the previous example from months ago when he comes up with a new one.

There's the other thing as well for me personally. I don't really think he knows exactly his role. He knows that he's there to be a foil for Charlie Adam or Steven Gerrard, and he makes good off the ball runs to give them space... but the truly telling bits of play, like making sure he gets up in support of his front man. That's not there. That's not entirely his fault. He's moved about a fair bit for one, but he's also playing a really weird role because of Charlie Adam. I'm not having a go at Adam 'cos I rate him and this is what he is and what we knew we were getting. He's the one that likes to do the attacking stuff in midfield, but he's not the one that's getting into the box and backing up the play. You kind of need Henderson to be the one doing a lot of the doggy work and being quite passive, but also the one that's gambling when the ball gets up there to Carroll, which he doesn't. He doesn't read those situations at all really. We sort of need him to play like Carrick did, but make Frank Lampard gambles into the box. Increasingly so with Gerrard getting older.

That's one of the reasons I prefer Shelvey personally. I think he has a lot more idea of what he's meant to be doing in his role, when he gets the chance to play. Plus there's the general swagger he has about him that Henderson does't. Henderson is just like so many players we've had over the last X years. It's like no one has told him he could actually be really bloody good. Shelvey seems to believe he's the best player on the pitch even when he's playing Napoli or United away. 
« Last Edit: March 5, 2012, 12:48:31 am by Juan Loco »
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #206 on: March 5, 2012, 01:00:48 am »

Agree with all of this.

The Shelvey thing is interesting. IMHO there's room for both of those players in the team, or indeed Henderson and Adam, although Id prefer Shelvey over Adam.

With Lucas as a given, what i'd love to see would be Henderson alongside him. Doing the recycling, the pass and move, and the running. All of that unglamorous shite that nobody notices or appreciates until its gone. Him and Lucas would be a revelation I think. Energy, ability and both pure footballers. But then Id also have Shelvey in there, or Gerrard or Adam. Someone who is relieved of all of that unglamorous shite. But someone who has a constant supply of the ball because of it.

That midfield 3 would have a lot of balance and a lot of scope to dominate the midfield in just about every single way.

But then that also determines the system in which you play. You need 3 in the middle then. That means 3 up top too. Where does that leave Suarez? Because he's not a no9, and Kenny doesnt seem to want to try to play him in a wider role (although id like to see it).

Adam gets a lot of flack for only being effective in a 3 man midfield, Gerrard too to a lesser extent, but I think Henderson could be the same. Just for very different reasons.

Offline iiqae

• Anny Roader
« Reply #207 on: March 5, 2012, 01:13:17 am »
That's one of the reasons I prefer Shelvey personally. I think he has a lot more idea of what he's meant to be doing in his role, when he gets the chance to play. Plus there's the general swagger he has about him that Henderson does't. Henderson is just like so many players we've had over the last X years. It's like no one has told him he could actually be really bloody good. Shelvey seems to believe he's the best player on the pitch even when he's playing Napoli or United away.

to take up the other side of the argument, have liverpool not been crying out for a midfield pair that recycles and plays conservative, savvy football? the idea does get floated around here a bit that gerrard sort of ruins the flow when he plays alongside lucas because he's too confident, etc (not that i agree with it, mind you). shelvey seems too high-strung (not in the sense of being nervous but in being impatient) to accentuate lucas' qualities.

if you're making an argument for shelvey in a more advanced role, however, i'm not disagreeing with you. he definitely seems ahead of henderson is that gerrard-behind-the-striker role. i don't think he should be paired further back though. that, most definitely, should be henderson's role.

something to the effect of:

suarez
x shelvey x
henderson lucas
« Last Edit: March 5, 2012, 01:15:36 am by iiqae »

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #208 on: March 5, 2012, 01:19:58 am »
I think Henderson's problem is that a lot of the time his midfield partners aren't playing the kind of football he's looking to play.

Adam and Gerrard are a lot more direct in their play, whereas Henderson is more likely to play a shorter game.

Plus, he doesn't have enough belief in his own ability. Shelvey on the other hand, is Zidane in his own head. Good luck to him for it too.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 5, 2012, 01:25:34 am »
Just another quick point on Jordan that this point made me think of.
His style of play and use pass and move is uncharacteristic for most young British players.

Rather than being more of a Gerrard or a Lampard, if I had to draw a comparison it would be to Xavi of Barcelona. Maybe not in terms of quality yet but in terms of the way he links up play with short little passes and good flicks reminds me of him. If he could be a bit more daring with some of his passes then we'll have a top player on our hands.

One thing's for sure, England's future centre midfield partnering of Henderson and Wilshere looks pretty good considering their age.
And that's even without considering Jonjo.

Xavi? :o

He is more comparable to Lampard, recycling the ball is not an Unenglish characteristic the likes of Lampard, Barry and even Parker are are good at retaining the ball and rarely ever go for those long balls that have been used to characterize the likes of Gerrard and Rooney.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #210 on: March 5, 2012, 01:26:27 am »
I think Henderson's problem is that a lot of the time his midfield partners aren't playing the kind of football he's looking to play.

Adam and Gerrard are a lot more direct in their play, whereas Henderson is more likely to play a shorter game.

Plus, he doesn't have enough belief in his own ability. Shelvey on the other hand, is Zidane in his own head. Good luck to him for it too.

See I dont think Henderson lacks confidence at all. I think he knows how good he is. And he plays to that.

He doesnt shy away from steaming forward and calling or the ball (see Arsenal this week when Adam ignored him, or against Stoke when he kept hitting the 'keeper), nor does he stop himself doing a little bit of 'skill'. He's dribbled round players a few times this season and looked quite flashy at times.

I just think Henderson knows when to do those things and when not to. Maybe he errs on the side of caution, but he backs himself quite a lot imo. He just knows his limits. Shelvey, like you say, thinks he doesnt have any. That's what makes him more suited to playing closer to goal where that attitude is needed, whereas I think Henderson's calm head and maturity lends itself to backing someone like Shelvey up.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 5, 2012, 01:26:38 am »
I think Wilshire is pretty far ahead of him, but then I don't think they're ever going to be playing the same role. Henderson is a foil, Wilshire is the one that conducts. I think Cleverley wants to be the most involved one as well to be honest. Neither Wilshire or Henderson are typically "English" of the last 10-15 years. Every English midfielder wants to be at the centre of things, but few of them genuinely manage to control it like Wilshire does. Just as few are happy to provide the platform like Henderson or Carrick does. I don't mean "the dirty work", that shit that people suck Scott Parker off for as if they're still serving a lifetime sentence for failing to recognise Claude "shite Didi" Makelele as the greatest footballer ever to kick the ball. I mean the one touch passes and the plethora of selfless off the ball running he does.

... Course that often looks like nothing, and it often is, because at 21 Henderson's biggest crime is basically that he only really plays well when the team is functioning. If we're doing well, he's usually there with a bit of swagger. If we're not he looks invisible because, hey-ho, most of his contributions are. The thing that got Carrick bit of praise was that in his mid-20s at Spurs you saw a few more expansive passes, or dribbles like when he almost scored at Highbury for Spurs (youtube it). The sort of stuff we saw from Henderson against Fulham but is intermittent that you've forgotten the previous example from months ago when he comes up with a new one.

There's the other thing as well for me personally. I don't really think he knows exactly his role. He knows that he's there to be a foil for Charlie Adam or Steven Gerrard, and he makes good off the ball runs to give them space... but the truly telling bits of play, like making sure he gets up in support of his front man. That's not there. That's not entirely his fault. He's moved about a fair bit for one, but he's also playing a really weird role because of Charlie Adam. I'm not having a go at Adam 'cos I rate him and this is what he is and what we knew we were getting. He's the one that likes to do the attacking stuff in midfield, but he's not the one that's getting into the box and backing up the play. You kind of need Henderson to be the one doing a lot of the doggy work and being quite passive, but also the one that's gambling when the ball gets up there to Carroll, which he doesn't. He doesn't read those situations at all really. We sort of need him to play like Carrick did, but make Frank Lampard gambles into the box. Increasingly so with Gerrard getting older.

Great post.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 5, 2012, 01:29:09 am »
Hendo is a smart player and he's shown glimpses of that. The trouble is: he's not doing enough. He needs to work on his mentality, i.e. to will himself to do more with his talent and actually change the complexion of the game. He's too comfortable to being a passenger in games and it's not endearing himself to fans

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #213 on: March 5, 2012, 01:34:22 am »

Well.... Cleverley plays for the 'biggest club in the world'.... that's the main difference....

Sometime back, when Insua was doing pretty well for us, the media focused their attention on the tiny twins who played for the 'biggest club in the world' and when Alonso was spraying his passes all over the field, the media was spraying all their jizz over Carrick...

Rant over...

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 5, 2012, 01:53:52 am »
Xavi? :o

He is more comparable to Lampard, recycling the ball is not an Unenglish characteristic the likes of Lampard, Barry and even Parker are are good at retaining the ball and rarely ever go for those long balls that have been used to characterize the likes of Gerrard and Rooney.

Recycling the ball is alot more than playing obvious sidewards passes, its about the speed at which you do it too. Barry and parker and shamefully slow in the distribution of the ball as it takes them more than one touch to control it, I'm not sure if you saw parker play against holland but he can't recycle the ball for shit and at tottenham has modric doing the ball playing for him.

Lampard isn't effecient at keeping the ball either, he's more a midfield runner than a good passer of the ball.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 5, 2012, 01:59:03 am »
Recycling the ball is alot more than playing obvious sidewards passes, its about the speed at which you do it too. Barry and parker and shamefully slow in the distribution of the ball as it takes them more than one touch to control it, I'm not sure if you saw parker play against holland but he can't recycle the ball for shit and at tottenham has modric doing the ball playing for him.

Lampard isn't effecient at keeping the ball either, he's more a midfield runner than a good passer of the ball.

I'd say Lampard is a great passer of the ball, his vision is immense. But it's his runs and his timing of them which adds the all important goals to his game.

Henderson is still young, and could be anything at this point, but I'm not so sure I see him being this type of player in the future. The Carrick comparison is more accurate I feel.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 5, 2012, 02:56:14 am »

Parker, and Barry have some of the best passing completion stats in the league. I saw Parker against Holland but i also see Parker for Spurs every week and he never seems to slow Spurs play down, neither does Barry for city.

And Lampard is efficient in keeping the ball, he doesn't have the same vision or technique of a Gerrard but then again we were talking about efficiency and recycling of the ball which Lampard has done very well at Chelsea in the past. My point is Henderson isn't that much different to the English midfielders we have seen in the past just because he doesn't play long passes and has a game based around his short passing, in fact he is the archetypal flair-less English midfielder this country has seen in the last 10 years. Gerrard seems to be brought up when discussing the typical English midfielder, but the number 10 Gerrard we have seen in the last few years isn't typical of the type of player we produce in this country.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 5, 2012, 02:59:41 am »
I'd say Lampard is a great passer of the ball, his vision is immense. But it's his runs and his timing of them which adds the all important goals to his game.

Henderson is still young, and could be anything at this point, but I'm not so sure I see him being this type of player in the future. The Carrick comparison is more accurate I feel.

I'd say he has much more movement and a much better engine than Carrick.

The player he reminds of when played in the middle is actually meireles.  He has a class to him, a fluidity and is always making runs to support the attack and make space.  Same weaknesses though..doesn't seem too into the defensive side of the game and his passing range, while slick, appears limited.

In 3-4 years I reckon Hendo will be one of our best players.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 5, 2012, 03:18:42 am »
How much of the development of a young midfielder depends on how he is taught the game and how much he improves his skills? We are all concentrating here on saying Henderson lacks this, Adam is this and that bla bla bla.

I think Henderson is a kind of a player who needs to be told what he needs to do at so and so points and what his role is exactly in each game. The kind of a player who is not naturally great in just one aspect but who has a bit of everything. At the risk of getting some stick here, I do think our midfield is quite good, if they were under a strict tactical approach for each game, I dont think our coaching staff do that. The only thing that looks clued up this season is our defense and there is an argument that the other two areas need time to improve. But whether our midfield, attack need time to improve or its just a very naive tactical approach that wont go anywhere while we keep spending cash, will be better seen next season. (Not saying I know if its one thing or the other)
« Last Edit: March 5, 2012, 03:20:44 am by ryatnalkar »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #219 on: March 5, 2012, 05:09:00 am »

I remember from earlier games that Henderson used to make those types of runs to the box; he scored from one and missed some sitters too if I recall correctly. In that time, I tought those runs were a positive trait of him, even if his finishing could had been better.

I think it was United at home, were he was brought up late in the second half and had a great volley (brilliantly saved by De Gea) and a header from close range that missed the target. His attacking movement in those few minutes he played was great and the most dangerous he has shown so far.

I don't know why he stopped doing them; maybe it’s a tactical thing, given that we don't seem to get many bodies in the box, or some problem with his confidence, but from those earlier games I think he's capable of supporting the attack a lot more than he has shown recently.

Great post btw.

« Last Edit: March 5, 2012, 10:07:23 am by Lastrador »

Offline zhilaoniu

• Boys Pen
Jordan Henderson
« Reply #220 on: March 5, 2012, 08:08:48 am »
He has confidence and consistency but does't have good enough skill to catch up with the confidence.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 5, 2012, 08:15:56 am »
He has confidence and consistency but does't have good enough skill to catch up with the confidence.

I'd say the opposite. He has bags of ability, but still worries too much about fucking up and looks for the safe option too often in the final third.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline **Glenn**

• Kopite
    • My twitter
« Reply #222 on: March 5, 2012, 08:22:09 am »
I'd say the opposite. He has bags of ability, but still worries too much about fucking up and looks for the safe option too often in the final third.

Aye, this is shown by his unwillingness to hold on to the ball when receiving possession, he tends to pass immediately or try a clever little flick.

I like the lad, think he's definitely got something about him, works hard and looks quite skillful. But I really don't like seeing him on the right wing. He doesn't like it there, it's obvious most times as he likes to drift in the middle where he feels more comfortable.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #223 on: March 5, 2012, 08:28:00 am »
At this stage of his career he is vastly over rated on rawk.
He has potential, no doubt and shown glimpses and then goes back into his shell.
Yes he can pass the ball, mostly sideways but he can't tackle or go past a player.
IMO
YNWA

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 5, 2012, 08:30:22 am »
In 3-4 years I reckon Hendo will be one of our best players.

I agree with this, Jordan has bags of potential and what seems to be a bright head on his shoulders coupled with a genuine desire to play football. With the right tutelage he could be immense for us in a few seasons.

I suppose we (and he?!) just need to figure out the position to get the best out of him. It's clearly not the right wing, for me. Ideally I'd like to eventually see him centrally alongside Lucas, with licence to push forward whilst Lucas holds. He has the engine to get up and down the park and the ability to be effective in that role, but could do with working on his defensive side. No worse than Charlie in that area though!. Adam (if playing) could play a bit further forward which is his more natural role anyway and as Gerrard's role in the team declines Shelvey can be used more too. Then we just need that genuine right winger to link up and we'll be set! :)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #225 on: March 5, 2012, 09:52:10 am »
He has potential, no doubt and shown glimpses and then goes back into his shell.
Yes he can pass the ball, mostly sideways but he can't tackle or go past a player.
IMO

Obviously you never saw him do this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BooEyekxQcY

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #226 on: March 5, 2012, 09:54:31 am »
I like Jordan, you can see he puts in a shit and is going to be a big player for us.

My friend hates him and gives him stick whenever he plays, really annoys me, he did the same with Lucas but now admits he is great but is back to his old tricks bashing Henderson.

Some of our fans really make me /facepalm

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #227 on: March 5, 2012, 10:07:59 am »
I think part of the reason he has been put out on the right aswell is to fit Gerrard and Adam in the middle and alot of his assists came from the right when he played at Sunderland, Id much rather have him in the middle though and let him drift out wide if he wants to

Offline stuarth810

• Kemlynite
  • Sing sing sing, dont just sit sit sit
« Reply #228 on: March 5, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »
He's a very good player loads of ability great work rate. Just needs to take risks and not fear giving it away. Will be a great player soon.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #229 on: March 5, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »
he's my favourite non-injured liverpool player at the moment, even ahead of Skrtel who i've championed for a long time now.

Should be in central midfield ahead of the Scot and alongside Jay Spearing. Giving him responsibility will give him confidence, and the best time to blood him in that position should be when the Captain is out injured. It's what happened with Lucas.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #230 on: March 5, 2012, 12:52:26 pm »
Henderson will be a massive star for us in a few years.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: March 5, 2012, 12:59:40 pm »
I think he'll be a very very good player, but hes got to grow a set of balls first. At the moment he fits into the pass and move system, but thats about it, not many assists 1 goal, would like him to take more responsibility if I'm honest.  I don't see him being a 'massive star' though.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #232 on: March 5, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »
Faster than people give him credit for too.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 5, 2012, 01:20:50 pm »

I've actually started to notice this, a couple of times against Arsenal I mistook him for Downing  :o.

I like him, i think he's only playin at around 70% of his real potential, which is why im excited to see how he progresses here.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #234 on: March 5, 2012, 01:24:13 pm »
Anyone notice a pattern here? Gerrard out = Henderson good performance.

I think Stevie is such a presence that others around him shrink into his shadow.

The lad was much much better again on Saturday and will work well with Lucas when he comes back next season.

High hopes for Jordan.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #235 on: March 5, 2012, 02:24:14 pm »
Aye see the 2nd own goal against Brighton for Hendo's pace.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 5, 2012, 02:25:46 pm »
Aye see the 2nd own goal against Brighton for Hendo's pace.

Did he latch onto his own clearance for that? I seem to remember that's what happened?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 5, 2012, 04:20:59 pm »
Henderson        Shelvey
                 Lucas

The future.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 5, 2012, 04:36:42 pm »
IMO

Think this as well, he may become a decent player but i don't see him becoming top class, Shelvey and Suso are the two i have big hopes for.

Offline Jimmyjames

• Main Stander
« Reply #239 on: March 5, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »
IMO

Totally agree with this, just not feeling the love many have for him at the moment. Couldn't care less that he's 21, 21 is old enough to be contributing more than he has thus far. Has not looked a match winner at any stage so far and his lack of goals/assists are indicative of this. Needs to get in and around the box more and be much more forecful. Deffo not a lost cause though as he does have a nicely honed technique and poise, just need to see him step up more in the next few games.