Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 209095 times)

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #280 on: May 9, 2019, 07:22:57 pm »
Worth checking Booking.com periodically. I just went on & searches again for Madrid rooms - a twin hotel room on the Saturday night came up for £60.  Wasn’t there before. Have booked it & cancelled my £450 hostel..!!!
Result.

yep, exactly what I've been doing
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 9, 2019, 07:29:52 pm »
didn't see any of them and I checked 3 mins after you posted  :o

EDIT: There was this portofino Plaza hotel, but impossible to book this one, system doesn't allow.

You've had a lucky escape I seen that come up and thought it seemed dodgy so after a bit of googling I found out it's in Venezuela !!!!!
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: May 9, 2019, 07:36:01 pm »
You've had a lucky escape I seen that come up and thought it seemed dodgy so after a bit of googling I found out it's in Venezuela !!!!!

Cheaper to fly in from there than the north west mind!

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
« Reply #283 on: May 9, 2019, 07:42:34 pm »
You on the 09:16 mate?

Think I will opt to collect in Madrid - did it in Barca and it was sound
is that 09.16 from murcia? were on the station before at 08.45 balsicas
SOS Member #6283

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 9, 2019, 07:48:20 pm »
Booked the Ryanair Sat - Mon flights £450. Booked an apartment for about £430 for 2 nights too.

It's more than I wanted to spend on accommodation but it's boxed off now and not having to hope something pops up nearer the time.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2019, 07:54:10 pm by bruffell06 »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 9, 2019, 07:50:59 pm »
Just a quick one.
If you’re flying someone near and getting trains.
I’m sure it’s spain that the high speed trains have compulsory seat reservations.
Make sure there is a train seat available when getting your flight.
Also they do airport style scans so don’t get there last minute. Never too involved or a big wait but you can’t jump on last second for the high speed ones.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 9, 2019, 07:53:49 pm »
Just a quick one.
If you’re flying someone near and getting trains.
I’m sure it’s spain that the high speed trains have compulsory seat reservations.
Make sure there is a train seat available when getting your flight.
Also they do airport style scans so don’t get there last minute. Never too involved or a big wait but you can’t jump on last second for the high speed ones.

They were saying on radio city talk this morning that all trains are fully booked from malaga

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #287 on: May 9, 2019, 08:08:24 pm »
There's flights to Lyon from Manc on the 30th and back on the 3rd. 170 return with Flybyme or Easyjet. Can't remember. Half way there and can easily train it to Barca from Lyon.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: May 9, 2019, 08:08:29 pm »
Just book Portofino Hotel for the Friday night (no rooms Sat) for £52.  Still on booking.com if anybody interested. 1km from Bernabeu

Last year in Kiev, random places kept popping up for cheap prices. I managed two nights in separate hostels for peanuts!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: May 9, 2019, 08:12:41 pm »
Just book Portofino Hotel for the Friday night (no rooms Sat) for £52.  Still on booking.com if anybody interested. 1km from Bernabeu

Last year in Kiev, random places kept popping up for cheap prices. I managed two nights in separate hostels for peanuts!

Read above comments

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 9, 2019, 08:18:28 pm »
Booked the Ryanair Sat - Mon flights £450. Booked an apartment for about £430 for 2 nights too.

It's more than I wanted to spend on accommodation but it's boxed off now and not having to hope something pops up nearer the time.

Our accommodation has cancelled on us already...

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #291 on: May 9, 2019, 08:23:19 pm »
Just be careful when booking through third party or travel agent. We did out Newcastle Friday to malaga back Monday. Digs in malaga too.  Did last night through love holidays. Abta registered.  Just had email cancelling. Doomed now

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #292 on: May 9, 2019, 08:32:14 pm »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: May 9, 2019, 08:38:49 pm »
Baseball cap, no colours and respond to every question with "Que?"

Any info on fanparks yet? I imagine the Spanish police will be taking more of an interest now it's two English sides, sadly.

They could always put screens up at The Bernabeu given the numbers of ticketless fans that will be in Madrid, free admission. Then again they could always just use The Bernabeu for the match.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 9, 2019, 08:40:53 pm »
Our accommodation has cancelled on us already...

Who did you book it through?
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 9, 2019, 08:41:29 pm »
Who did you book it through?

Booking.com

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 9, 2019, 08:46:39 pm »
Booking.com

Get onto them, last year they covered the cost to another booking I think.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #297 on: May 9, 2019, 08:47:22 pm »
For Kiev, how soon after the ballot results did Thomas Cook confirm flight places?

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 9, 2019, 08:49:26 pm »
The biggest problem we're facing is somewhere to sleep for the night in Madrid. Prices for one night are more than our flights and other accommodation combined. Anyone got any ideas? Even Getafe / Toledo are sky high.

We're travelling up from Malaga and undecided on whether it's car hire or public transport. Is anyone else doing the same?

We are doing that. Car hire is very cheap from Malaga airport. Another idea I am toying with is hiring a Campervan instead of a car as it solves the accommodation issue.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 9, 2019, 09:11:44 pm »
Yessssssss just managed to grab a bed at Motion Chueca for £48 on the 1st. I'd almost given up on refreshing booking.com but it paid off in the end.

Also, one I was looking into myself. Hostal Los Alpes have a bed listed on hostelworld for £30, but you can't book it as they have a minimum requirement of 2 nights booking on those dates, but the 31st and 2nd are fully booked. I contacted them directly about 20 minutes ago about booking the room some other way but obviously won't need to now. Might be worth looking into it for anyone still not with a room. Their email address is info@hostallosalpes.com

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #300 on: May 9, 2019, 09:12:34 pm »

They have just cancelled on me before I could do so with them.

I will keep an eye on my bank for any suspicious activity.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 9, 2019, 09:20:05 pm »
If there is one thing I learnt from Basel... make sure you have a way of getting back to your hotel after the game if it's far out!

Do not remind me

One of the worst nights of my life at the match

Fucking nightmare

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 9, 2019, 09:22:38 pm »
Get onto them, last year they covered the cost to another booking I think.

Cheers mate they've done exactly that. Found somewhere for us that wasn't on their website and for the same price

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
« Reply #303 on: May 9, 2019, 09:27:27 pm »
They could always put screens up at The Bernabeu given the numbers of ticketless fans that will be in Madrid, free admission. Then again they could always just use The Bernabeu for the match.
its a good shout they did it for last years final,
SOS Member #6283

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #304 on: May 9, 2019, 09:28:51 pm »
For anyone still looking, my friend has just cancelled an apartment for two (I think) people at Precioso Oasis centrico y local.

It was £244 for three nights (Fri to Mon) on Booking.com - not sure how long they take to be put back on sale.

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 9, 2019, 09:47:15 pm »
Cheers mate they've done exactly that. Found somewhere for us that wasn't on their website and for the same price

No worries, glad they sorted you out.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #306 on: May 9, 2019, 10:05:37 pm »
How much is that working out for each one of plane/train John?
Alright mate, I was half asleep when I posted that.

It was £510 in total.

Flight - £350

Train - £160.

If you`re getting the train I`d get it booked asap

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #307 on: May 9, 2019, 10:07:52 pm »
Really weird a modern day 70k stadium was designed with these types of pillars

This. What the fuck us that about?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #308 on: May 9, 2019, 10:10:34 pm »
The biggest problem we're facing is somewhere to sleep for the night in Madrid. Prices for one night are more than our flights and other accommodation combined. Anyone got any ideas? Even Getafe / Toledo are sky high.

We're travelling up from Malaga and undecided on whether it's car hire or public transport. Is anyone else doing the same?

Was planning on train from Malaga on Saturday morning but the one I was looking at seems to be gone, probably fully booked so gang of us decided to hire a car and probably sleep in it if needed.

Offline TheBionicCarrot

• Main Stander
  • Make us dream...
« Reply #309 on: May 9, 2019, 10:15:11 pm »

How did you get them to do that? Same thing just happened to me - same hotel.  Who did you contact at Booking.com and how?
Our lads come from all over the place
They talk ded funny and they play ded great

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #310 on: May 9, 2019, 10:18:06 pm »
For last years final it was possible to register for the ballot but if you could not go you could name another person to have your ticket who would be travelling. The Thomas cook information this year seems to echo that, however in the liverpool ticket info there is no mention of this. Can’t see this in the FAQs
The reason I ask ... my uncle attends the match in a wheelchair and if he is successful it is possible he will decide again he may not be able to go OR there may not be enough disabled tickets available even if he is successful in the ballot and he will be offered an ‘easy access’ ticket which he would not take up BUT would like to give it to me or another family member. 

Does anyone know if this would still be possible this time out?
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #311 on: May 9, 2019, 10:22:42 pm »
For Kiev, how soon after the ballot results did Thomas Cook confirm flight places?

I think it was the following day, and then a couple of days later they added a couple of extra flights as well. I know it looks a bit steep on price but they were were well organised and did what the said they would. I've booked again as the other advantage is you get a refund if you don't have a ticket and can then look around for cheaper options if you still want to go.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #312 on: May 9, 2019, 10:26:28 pm »
For last years final it was possible to register for the ballot but if you could not go you could name another person to have your ticket who would be travelling. The Thomas cook information this year seems to echo that, however in the liverpool ticket info there is no mention of this. Can’t see this in the FAQs
The reason I ask ... my uncle attends the match in a wheelchair and if he is successful it is possible he will decide again he may not be able to go OR there may not be enough disabled tickets available even if he is successful in the ballot and he will be offered an ‘easy access’ ticket which he would not take up BUT would like to give it to me or another family member. 

Does anyone know if this would still be possible this time out?

Last year I got a call to check names etc. and they could be changed so I imagine it might be okay, except if the lead booker isn't going then that might be an issue but they were pretty good on the phone.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 9, 2019, 10:26:58 pm »
How did you get them to do that? Same thing just happened to me - same hotel.  Who did you contact at Booking.com and how?

Don't accept the cancellation and email or call booking.com and explain what has happened.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #314 on: May 9, 2019, 10:33:37 pm »
Last year I got a call to check names etc. and they could be changed so I imagine it might be okay, except if the lead booker isn't going then that might be an issue but they were pretty good on the phone.

Sounds promising. Did you was yours standard adult tickets or disabled/ambulance tickets involved?
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 9, 2019, 10:40:01 pm »

Don't accept the cancellation and email or call booking.com and explain what has happened.

Yeah just what Levitz said above. Phoned the customer services and explained we've now been left without accommodation and they said they'd contact the original accommodation but at the same time had a look on their systems and found us an alternative which wasn't showing on the website.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 9, 2019, 10:42:19 pm »
Sounds promising. Did you was yours standard adult tickets or disabled/ambulance tickets involved?

Nobody checked at Kiev.  Got in with an ambulant disabled ticket.   Not saying they won’t check in Madrid but are they really going to check 63000 names?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #317 on: May 9, 2019, 10:43:20 pm »

Standard ticket, but they only wanted to check that the person going had access to ticket for a ST/ Member number that qualified so I would have thought it should be okay. I went but it was my lad's card that came up in the ballot and so the match ticket was put in my name and then the flight was confirmed.

Offline jjasonuk

• Looking for Mumbles on the Tottenham High Road.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #318 on: May 9, 2019, 10:54:57 pm »
I’m flying out from Heathrow to Lisbon on Friday then Lisbon to Madrid Saturday morning
Return fromMadrid to Rome then Rome to Heathrow
£455 return
On April 15th, 1989, 96 people went to watch their favourite team play and never came home. With families grieving, the S*n newspaper printed lies about the survivors, and has never apologised.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #319 on: May 9, 2019, 11:02:28 pm »
Is anyone considering driving to Madrid?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.