Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 209068 times)

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #440 on: May 11, 2019, 07:22:49 am »
I think 70,000 is a fair estimate of Liverpool fans. It’s relatively easy to get to minus the prohibitive prices. Know a lot of non-matchgoing fans who are making the journey expecting to just buy a ticket on the day. They never bothered for Kiev. Could get messy, like.

This will be another Athens.... thousands traveling with little hope of getting a ticket out there

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #441 on: May 11, 2019, 07:47:52 am »
It's my big fear that after the great time we all had in Kiev (despite the result), Madrid will be as disorganised as Athens was, not helped by some of our own who basically couldn't behave themselves. I think around 50,000 will be Reds, and that Spurs could have around 20,000 in the City, only because they can't get accommodation or flights all taken by us.  I also remember the dark days and in particular the "Battle of White Hart Lane" in the seventies when after Terry Mc scored a worldly in the FA Cup game there was carnage afterwards. Hope everyone has grown up since then and there's no repeat, the last thing we want is major disruption and trouble as the Spanish Police won't differentiate and hit anything.

Anyway, qualified for tickets as wife and I both have six home and Barca away. Hotel was booked weeks ago on a cancel if need to, and for four nights £604. Flights were only sorted about 2:30am after the Barca game, but managed to get Manchester to Palma, then Palma to Madrid for £268 return each.

Son flying from London to Santander, then coach to Madrid with someone he used to go to school with, whose cousin lives in Madrid and is putting them up in their house for free.

"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #442 on: May 11, 2019, 07:54:08 am »
I think 70,000 is a fair estimate of Liverpool fans. It’s relatively easy to get to minus the prohibitive prices. Know a lot of non-matchgoing fans who are making the journey expecting to just buy a ticket on the day. They never bothered for Kiev. Could get messy, like.

Loads will be going without but those hoping to get tickets over there are living in dreamland. The thought of paying 500+ for a ticket off a tout is crazy because there will be loads of forgeries anyway so that is a massive and stupid risk to take. Six of us are going with or without tickets depending on the ballot but once there we won't be getting any off official sources.

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #443 on: May 11, 2019, 08:36:58 am »
Are you on the one from Liverpool?

On the Sports Options flight from Manchester

Fingers crossed for the ballot
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #444 on: May 11, 2019, 09:19:29 am »
Loads will be going without but those hoping to get tickets over there are living in dreamland. The thought of paying 500+ for a ticket off a tout is crazy because there will be loads of forgeries anyway so that is a massive and stupid risk to take. Six of us are going with or without tickets depending on the ballot but once there we won't be getting any off official sources.
500 and the rest

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #445 on: May 11, 2019, 09:41:40 am »
Yeah I’m  definitely seeing a lot more reds giving this a go on social media, a lot of people seemed to give up on Kyiv quickly once the realised how hard/long it would be. I hope everything passes but I’m worried it won’t 

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: May 11, 2019, 09:41:59 am »
I think it could easily be more. 40,000 in Kiev and that was so expensive and hard to get to. Plus there are loads of scousers living in Spain. I think there could easily be 80,000 - 90,000 with the ease of the location.

They need separate fan parks or it will be chaos in the city. I am also worried it could turn into another Athens,

Offline King Kenny07

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #447 on: May 11, 2019, 10:01:18 am »
A fundamental problem here is that you need to sort your travel before you get your ticket - if you wait to see how you get on in the ballot then you’re screwed.

Like many on here I’ve booked flights - 2 seats on Sport Options from Manchester - and we have 3 chances in the ballot. Last year I waited and ended up sacking it off because I just couldn’t make the travel work for me. Lesson learnt but it’s a tough one....

Regardless of what happens we’re going - just like everyone else in our position. Add in people who are travelling with no chance of a ticket and the numbers will be huge.

You’d hope it will all be fine - not like Madrid is a 2 horse town with no infrastructure or places to go - but the whole commercial rip off culture is annoying to say the least.
Bill Shankly speaking To Alan Ball after he'd signed for Everton - 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team.'

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #448 on: May 11, 2019, 10:15:37 am »
A fundamental problem here is that you need to sort your travel before you get your ticket - if you wait to see how you get on in the ballot then you’re screwed.

Like many on here I’ve booked flights - 2 seats on Sport Options from Manchester - and we have 3 chances in the ballot. Last year I waited and ended up sacking it off because I just couldn’t make the travel work for me. Lesson learnt but it’s a tough one....

Regardless of what happens we’re going - just like everyone else in our position. Add in people who are travelling with no chance of a ticket and the numbers will be huge.

You’d hope it will all be fine - not like Madrid is a 2 horse town with no infrastructure or places to go - but the whole commercial rip off culture is annoying to say the least.

I could learn the hard way like you did last year

I don’t want to go without a ticket so if we get lucky hoping for Thomas cook spot

Thing with TC is all their bookings may cancel as a result of not getting a ticket in ballot- risky for me but hey ho.

Expecting a 0/3 ballot result anyway haha

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: May 11, 2019, 10:34:32 am »
Given our global fanbase there will be many who wont have been to a match all season who will be in Madrid.  Many of these will be prepared to pay whatever it takes to get in, hence the going rates for touts being £3k+.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2019, 10:39:46 am »
Really hope they sort out ticket checks and have some organisation. Doubt they will but bet a fair few "fans" will chance their arm trying to bunk in. Can see us taking loads and only takes a small % of knobs to cause mayhem
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2019, 11:08:52 am »
Given our global fanbase there will be many who wont have been to a match all season who will be in Madrid.  Many of these will be prepared to pay whatever it takes to get in, hence the going rates for touts being £3k+.

In a few FB groups for fans going to Madrid. Definitely lots from Australia and Asia travelling. Even in Kiev I met some Canadian guy and his dad that had paid £1k/each for their tickets...  :o
YNWA.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2019, 11:09:31 am »
I think it could easily be more. 40,000 in Kiev and that was so expensive and hard to get to. Plus there are loads of scousers living in Spain. I think there could easily be 80,000 - 90,000 with the ease of the location.

They need separate fan parks or it will be chaos in the city. I am also worried it could turn into another Athens,
if you were careful in Athens, it was perfectly alright, as I remember.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2019, 11:11:34 am »
As one such, I will be there but happy to enjoy the atmosphere and catch up with mates. If a reasonably priced ticket comes my way, ok, but not buying one from a gouger.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #454 on: May 11, 2019, 11:17:37 am »
Anyone booked on the sport options day trip return Liverpool to Madrid? £649
Yeah, we're on one of the Liverpool flights.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: May 11, 2019, 11:19:09 am »
Yeah, we're on one of the Liverpool flights.

How many are there do you reckon? Does it say how long before we go when they send out the travel vouchers etc?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #456 on: May 11, 2019, 11:31:04 am »
I wasn't in Athens. But was in Istanbul. Loads who went to both are of the opinion that given what happened in 2005 and 2006 ramped up the idiot factor.

Unfortunately this comes with being successful and having a load of fans.

A manc in work was in Moscow for their game and said the same. A final in Madrid brings it's own problems, throw in how we are playing currently and then we are playing another English side.

I fear the atmosphere in the fan parks and bars will be horrible. Also, this is Spurs first European Cup final.

Offline grmblk

• Boys Pen
« Reply #457 on: May 11, 2019, 11:37:58 am »
I fear the atmosphere in the fan parks and bars will be horrible.

If they have a different fan park for each team, then the Saturday will be grand.  We hardly saw a Madrid fan in Kiev until the game.  Both sets of fans were well segregated in the city. 

Was in Istanbul and Athens, and there was definitely a higher dickhead quotient in Athens, but think this was ramped up with the choice of stadium and poor security around the ground.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: May 11, 2019, 12:03:10 pm »
Kiev I hardly saw any Madrid fans. It was so well done. I think we even walked to the stadium from different ends.

Not sure how it will work for this. The stadium isn't near to anywhere.

I'm sure it's being worked on, but not expecting it to be like Kiev where it was contained.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: May 11, 2019, 12:14:14 pm »
At a guess I'd say that the Spurs fans (they've got the North end) will be advised to go to the ground on the green line and we'll be advised to go on the red to keep it separate.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #460 on: May 11, 2019, 12:16:13 pm »
Can't get over the fact it's a brand new stadium with restricted views [emoji2359]

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #461 on: May 11, 2019, 12:17:08 pm »
Can't get over the fact it's a brand new stadium with restricted views [emoji2359]
Spanish planning for you

Offline android2005

• Kemlynite
« Reply #462 on: May 11, 2019, 12:19:35 pm »
Anyone want to take just the flights - £335 each
  ANYBODY HELP...NOT SURE HOW TO CONTACT HIM.....IM NOT SURE HOW TO PM HIM.... LONG TIME MEMBER.....THANKS IN ADVANCE

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: May 11, 2019, 12:45:50 pm »
Anyone know if you're able to get to other areas of the ground in this stadium?

I'm in the guaranteed sale but most mates are in the ballot.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #464 on: May 11, 2019, 12:55:53 pm »
I've seen people say you won't be able to, each tier is blocked off to each other.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: May 11, 2019, 01:07:56 pm »

It is just a refurb of the old Olympic stadium, so not a new stadium.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2019, 01:18:57 pm »
How many are there do you reckon? Does it say how long before we go when they send out the travel vouchers etc?
I reckon there'll be 5 or 6 from Liverpool. We booked in the first phase and they were numbered 1 to 3 but I noticed the latest flight is flight B so I wondered if they're now doing A, B, C, etc. Pure guesswork though! If you're in the first phase the flight times should be safer as they're using Spanish airlines that have their own parking spots in Madrid.

Going by previous SO trips they usually send out the travel vouchers about a week to 4  days before travel. Hoping for more info soon though so can book the airport parking.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #467 on: May 11, 2019, 01:32:53 pm »
If they have a different fan park for each team, then the Saturday will be grand.  We hardly saw a Madrid fan in Kiev until the game.  Both sets of fans were well segregated in the city. 

Was in Istanbul and Athens, and there was definitely a higher dickhead quotient in Athens, but think this was ramped up with the choice of stadium and poor security around the ground.
Agree with that - defo more knobs in Athens.......but, it was compounded by bad organisataion at the stadium and the police presence was chaotic there.

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #468 on: May 11, 2019, 02:14:50 pm »
anyone else flying to valencia friday 31st
getting train into madrid first thing saturday morning

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #469 on: May 11, 2019, 02:47:25 pm »
im staying in lloret de mar Friday to Monday and getting the bus up to Madrid on Saturday morning, Anybody else doing the  same
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #470 on: May 11, 2019, 02:52:34 pm »
Anyone on the Edinburgh to Malaga Thurs afternoon????

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: May 11, 2019, 04:59:26 pm »
Anyone one the best way to get from Javea (or Valencia or Alicante) to Madrid on the Saturday?

Anyone driving past Javea on the way and has space for 2 people?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:02:18 pm by John C »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: May 11, 2019, 05:00:16 pm »
Anyone know if you're able to get to other areas of the ground in this stadium?

I'm in the guaranteed sale but most mates are in the ballot.

After a bit of advice on this if anyone can help.
If you can't move through areas. What areas can you move through to give best chance of mates getting across to each other - for example can you get between blocks but just not the tiers? Is it best heading for those upper tiers then or will they be blocked off from going all the way around?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/champions-league-final-2019-stadium-map

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: May 11, 2019, 05:12:12 pm »
Seen a few rumours on Facebook (must be true) that we are being given Avenida Felipe II as a fanzone while Tottenham will have the larger Plaza Colon. Seems a bit of a weird choice as we will outnumber them drastically. Also the two squares aren't far away from eachother at all but are both a long way from the stadium.

I'm sure everyone will have a brilliant time but I'm a bit concerned about a couple of the organisational things. Just one metro line serves the Wanda and it's an absolute nightmare getting there at the best of times. The stadium is gorgeous but it is in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Just hope the whole thing is well planned and our minority of idiots have been put off by the cost.

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #474 on: May 11, 2019, 05:12:23 pm »
Anyone one the best way to get from Javea (or Valencia or Alicante) to Madrid on the Saturday?

train from valencia to madrid leaving at 9am sat morning
gets to madrid for half 12

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: May 11, 2019, 05:14:52 pm »
Seen a few rumours on Facebook (must be true) that we are being given Avenida Felipe II as a fanzone while Tottenham will have the larger Plaza Colon. Seems a bit of a weird choice as we will outnumber them drastically. Also the two squares aren't far away from eachother at all but are both a long way from the stadium.

I'm sure everyone will have a brilliant time but I'm a bit concerned about a couple of the organisational things. Just one metro line serves the Wanda and it's an absolute nightmare getting there at the best of times. The stadium is gorgeous but it is in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Just hope the whole thing is well planned and our minority of idiots have been put off by the cost.

There's two. The green line goes about a mile north of the ground. I wouldn't be shocked if they shut the station that services the stadium that day and they make us get off at San Blas and Spurs at Canillejas.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:17:19 pm by Hightown Phil »

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #476 on: May 11, 2019, 05:38:04 pm »
Colin Murray said on Radio 5 this am that he had been booked to DJ in "the fan park" in Madrid on the Saturday morning so it definitely sounds like something is happening
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #477 on: May 11, 2019, 05:56:13 pm »

Coach or train from Alicante

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #479 on: May 11, 2019, 06:23:34 pm »
  ANYBODY HELP...NOT SURE HOW TO CONTACT HIM.....IM NOT SURE HOW TO PM HIM.... LONG TIME MEMBER.....THANKS IN ADVANCE
Sorry mate, these are gone