Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 209064 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #400 on: May 10, 2019, 05:54:27 pm »
Help me out here please - Thomas cook day trip

Do they match the name on the TC booking to the Liverpool membership number or the name you input on the ticket purchase screen?

There will be follow up q’s ;D

Its not clear. They talk about not passing tickets on. But then also talk about the details being the details of the person attending the game.

Matters not for me, as it's me. But the whole thing makes for a confusing approach

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: May 10, 2019, 05:56:34 pm »
Its not clear. They talk about not passing tickets on. But then also talk about the details being the details of the person attending the game.

Matters not for me, as it's me. But the whole thing makes for a confusing approach

Pain in the arse it is

Wife’s card in maiden name but clearly passport not

Also I’m not keen on buying a £500 ticket so would put mates name on but don’t want to be charged for a flight in that scenario!

Might just wait. Get through and see ballot result then  work out what the chuff we’re doing!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #402 on: May 10, 2019, 05:59:59 pm »
Pain in the arse it is

Wife’s card in maiden name but clearly passport not

Also I’m not keen on buying a £500 ticket so would put mates name on but don’t want to be charged for a flight in that scenario!

Might just wait. Get through and see ballot result then  work out what the chuff we’re doing!

With your wife I'd say what's on her passport. As it's easy enough if someone picks up.

But yeah, if you're not sure about the flight then id hold off.

Offline jjasonuk

• Looking for Mumbles on the Tottenham High Road.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2019, 06:08:47 pm »
https://www.thelocal.es/20190509/madrid-full-to-bursting-as-liverpool-and-tottenham-fans-try-for-champions-league-final

Says there will be lots of screens around the city... estimates maybe 80,000 Reds? Surely not that many?
On April 15th, 1989, 96 people went to watch their favourite team play and never came home. With families grieving, the S*n newspaper printed lies about the survivors, and has never apologised.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2019, 06:15:23 pm »
https://www.thelocal.es/20190509/madrid-full-to-bursting-as-liverpool-and-tottenham-fans-try-for-champions-league-final

Says there will be lots of screens around the city... estimates maybe 80,000 Reds? Surely not that many?
Wouldn’t think 80k, I was thinking more about 40k? 80k would include Spurs as well surely
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:03:48 pm by TeddyTime33 »

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #405 on: May 10, 2019, 06:16:25 pm »
Well as a last resort my uncle is an uber driver and has been authorised to charge £2.5K for an 8 seater for a return. If full its £312.50 each.  ;D

Offline jjasonuk

• Looking for Mumbles on the Tottenham High Road.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #406 on: May 10, 2019, 06:20:02 pm »
Wouldn’t think 80k, I was thinking more about 40k? 80k would include Spurs as well surely

40,000 in Kiev apparently, Daily Mail estimates 70,000

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7007793/70-000-Liverpool-fans-expected-flock-Madrid-Champions-League-final.html
On April 15th, 1989, 96 people went to watch their favourite team play and never came home. With families grieving, the S*n newspaper printed lies about the survivors, and has never apologised.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: May 10, 2019, 06:23:45 pm »
Haha not quite but I did ok...

The flight home is going to be interesting either way!
I don’t fly back to England luckily, I go to Portugal on the Tuesday for the nations league!

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #408 on: May 10, 2019, 06:33:29 pm »
Help me out here please - Thomas cook day trip

Do they match the name on the TC booking to the Liverpool membership number or the name you input on the ticket purchase screen?

There will be follow up q’s ;D

Last year I booked the flight so it was my passport details etc. and my ST number, but I ended up using my lad's ticket. They phoned me up cos my number hadn't been allocated a ticket and I explained that I was the nominated person for my lad's ticket. They phoned back an hour later and had checked TO to see he had a ticket but had transferred it to me and all was okay.

So if it's the same this year you should be fine.

However I've decided that this year to make sure I won't wait to be contacted and if I'm going to be using someone else's ticket (that's not a problem as you have to give TO the details anyway ready for collection) then I'll phone Thomas Cook up and get it sorted straight away to make sure it's done.

Hope that helps.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 10, 2019, 06:36:24 pm »
Last year I booked the flight so it was my passport details etc. and my ST number, but I ended up using my lad's ticket. They phoned me up cos my number hadn't been allocated a ticket and I explained that I was the nominated person for my lad's ticket. They phoned back an hour later and had checked TO to see he had a ticket but had transferred it to me and all was okay.

So if it's the same this year you should be fine.

However I've decided that this year to make sure I won't wait to be contacted and if I'm going to be using someone else's ticket (that's not a problem as you have to give TO the details anyway ready for collection) then I'll phone Thomas Cook up and get it sorted straight away to make sure it's done.

Hope that helps.

Yes it does I think! Cheers

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
« Reply #410 on: May 10, 2019, 06:38:22 pm »
I've been trying to find a campsite in Madrid for motorhome, they're all saying fully booked, any ideas? Got everything else sorted, just need a site. Don't really want to just rock up not having something sorted. i'm wondering if they will organise a 'safe'camping area, a bit like you see at the Euro footy comps?

There is a free car park not too far from the centre where motorhomes  can stay over for free,apparently difficult to get in during the day but plenty of space after 7pm,google it you should find it easy enough.....found it  https://www.campercontact.com/en/spain/madrid-28/madrid/19892/parking-valdebernardo

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #411 on: May 10, 2019, 06:49:46 pm »
To everyone who was saying booking.com sorted them on the phone when hotels were cancelled, how long did it take, and was the replacement accommodation as good?

I booked four twin rooms in a 4* hotel in the centre yesterday for £94 a room for Friday night. They cancelled on me this morning and when I called booking.com they said they’d relocate us to similar standard. They sent me a link to a sound looking apartment instead and suggested I booked it, but it was twice the price and only accommodated 4. I called back and they said they’d find us somewhere for 8 for a similar price to the original but I’ve heard nothing since (despite a chaser email).

Were other people who’ve been relocated sorted straight away and was the price the same?
Long live the King

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #412 on: May 10, 2019, 07:04:37 pm »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #413 on: May 10, 2019, 07:11:49 pm »
Maybe I’m not allowing for international fans too 😂
Just from the UK alone, I reckon that we'll take approx. 70K (we took approx. 50K to Kiev) and Spurs will take approx. 30K.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
« Reply #414 on: May 10, 2019, 07:50:17 pm »
I think I've sorted out my route.

Driving down to the tunnel on Thursday, then from Calais to maybe Rouen for an overnight stop.
Then drive to Zaragoza for 3 nights in a reasonable hotel.
Train to Madrid on Saturday morning, gets in about lunchtime. Then a 7am bus from Madrid back to Zaragoza.
We'll then drive back on Monday morning to Rouen and to Calais and the Tunnel for Tuesday lunchtime. Should be home early evening on Tuesday.

A long trip, but for the pair of us it's working out at £400 each + fuel.

Tunnel = £200 return for the car.
Hotel in Zaragoza = £267 for 2 rooms for 3 nights.
Train = £137 for the pair of us.
Bus = £37 for the pair of us.
The French hotels aren't booked yet, but I'm looking at a max of £50 each per night (£200 total).

All we need now are tickets for the game!

I recently went to Rouen,we were going to go via Calais.Went Portsmouth-Caen,cuts out about 2 hours driving and petrol money.The Portsmouth ferry is double price but with what you save driving to Calais and back twice its about the same cost.Get the 11.25pm ferry,gets you in Caen about 7am.In effect youve saved a nights accomodation because you spend it on the boat.You get a reclining aicraft seat for free.....we didnt bother with it,just got down on some bi settees in the bar after it shut,no hassle.You arrive bright and ready for the day...deffo better bet....especially if you can get the late night one....Google AFerry....we paid £129.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #415 on: May 10, 2019, 07:52:33 pm »
Booked on the Thomas Cook flight, with being in the ballot it’s the easiest option plus wanna be back in Liverpool in time for the victory parade (hopefully)

Missed out on Kiev ballot so fingers crossed this time

No idea why we have to wait another 6 days for the result though

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #416 on: May 10, 2019, 07:58:31 pm »

No idea why we have to wait another 6 days for the result though
Because they won't know how many tickets there are until after the PRH and first sale?
We are a team of one half.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: May 10, 2019, 08:14:57 pm »
And the ballot entry does not close until Monday.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #418 on: May 10, 2019, 08:22:18 pm »
Because they won't know how many tickets there are until after the PRH and first sale?

Get a move on then  ;) ;D

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: May 10, 2019, 08:22:19 pm »
Last year they announced the ballot chances the day before the guaranteed sale.

Offline Morning Glory

• Anny Roader
« Reply #420 on: May 10, 2019, 08:50:00 pm »
Any ideas on where to park a car? Driving up from Murcia Saturday morning and would prefer to leave the hire car somewhere I can easily get back to after the game.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #421 on: May 10, 2019, 08:58:24 pm »
Any ideas on where to park a car? Driving up from Murcia Saturday morning and would prefer to leave the hire car somewhere I can easily get back to after the game.

Look on street view on google maps and there seems to be some street parking around the ground

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #422 on: May 10, 2019, 08:58:54 pm »
I'm going with coach innovations again. Went with them to Basel and Kiev and it went as well as you could expect for a long coach journey. Started at £199, got mine for £209 now on for £249. Leave Liverpool Thursday lunch, arrive in Vitoria-Gastiez in N Spain at 3pm Friday - sort your own hotel (nice and cheap there) then leave sat @ 6am for a 5hr coach into Madrid.
After the game 2.30am coach back to Liverpool by Monday lunch.

If you can handle the coach journey its a good option and a good laugh although a bit smelly!!

Do you have a link mate?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #423 on: May 10, 2019, 09:00:22 pm »

Maybe the Long Stay Car Park at Barajas Airport    off the top of my head

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #424 on: May 10, 2019, 09:36:12 pm »
Is anyone considering driving to Madrid?

Yes, 22 hours or so but might be the only semi economical option left. Was thinking leaving Thursday afternoon and around lunchtime on the Sunday return.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: May 10, 2019, 09:38:46 pm »
Many going to be in Murcia on Friday, and Sunday nights? Meant to be a very cheap and "spanish" town, so looking forward to it.. will be funny if it is flooded with reds and spurs fans

One thing I am relieved at is that it is Tottenham we are playing. Out of the top 6 they're probs the least likely for us to have bother with over there... can't be arsed with that crap

Offline PhilMahon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #426 on: May 10, 2019, 09:49:41 pm »
Have a price for a coach leaving Friday from London and returning after the game - £200 all in. Times as follows:

Fri 31st May
0730 – Pick up London
1000 – Check in for crossing
1045/1100 – Ferry departs

Sat 1st June
0730 – Arrive Madrid

2100 – GAME TIME

Sun 2nd June
TBC - Leave Madrid for Calais - likely shortly after the game ends 
2005 – Arrive Calais
2100 – Ferry departs
2130 – Arrive Dover
0000 – LDN drops approx

If anyone has any interest drop me a PM as it’s dependent on us being able to get the numbers.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #427 on: May 10, 2019, 09:50:03 pm »
By a strike  of luck got two seats to Madrid direct on Iberia from London for a decent price. At 3 am after the Barca game. Same flights were £1300 each by the morning.
Never give up

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #428 on: May 10, 2019, 09:51:32 pm »
For us going with no accom, what are people doing Friday night?
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: May 10, 2019, 10:15:03 pm »
Anyone booked on the sport options day trip return Liverpool to Madrid? £649

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: May 10, 2019, 10:39:19 pm »
So glad we took the plunge and booked flights and accommodation when we got to the quarters.  Absolutely ridiculous prices now, hope everyone gets sorted.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2019, 10:49:53 pm »
I recently went to Rouen,we were going to go via Calais.Went Portsmouth-Caen,cuts out about 2 hours driving and petrol money.The Portsmouth ferry is double price but with what you save driving to Calais and back twice its about the same cost.Get the 11.25pm ferry,gets you in Caen about 7am.In effect youve saved a nights accomodation because you spend it on the boat.You get a reclining aicraft seat for free.....we didnt bother with it,just got down on some bi settees in the bar after it shut,no hassle.You arrive bright and ready for the day...deffo better bet....especially if you can get the late night one....Google AFerry....we paid £129.

I looked at Portsmouth to Bilbao ferries but didn’t think about Caen until after I’d booked the Tunnel. I was looking at staying in Tours when I was planning to drive all the way to Madrid. Now we’re staying in Zaragoza it knocks a couple of hours off the drive anyway. I was surprised how reasonable the hotel prices were in Zaragoza. And the trains and buses are handy as well.

Offline Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #432 on: May 10, 2019, 10:52:45 pm »
Is anyone considering driving to Madrid?

Yep. We’re going via the Tunnel and staying in Zaragoza. Getting the train in on Saturday morning and the bus back to Zaragoza at 7am on Sunday. We’re spending an extra night here before we drive back on Monday.

The whole trip is Thursday to Tuesday.

Offline android2005

• Kemlynite
« Reply #433 on: May 10, 2019, 10:56:25 pm »
Anyone want to take just the flights - £335 each
Can you give me some more information please on these 2 tickets,Flight times etc?...Thanks in advance

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 10, 2019, 11:22:42 pm »
I think 70,000 is a fair estimate of Liverpool fans. It’s relatively easy to get to minus the prohibitive prices. Know a lot of non-matchgoing fans who are making the journey expecting to just buy a ticket on the day. They never bothered for Kiev. Could get messy, like.
YNWA.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 10, 2019, 11:25:21 pm »
a lot of non-matchgoing fans who are making the journey expecting to just buy a ticket on the day.

No issue with people travelling, i did for Barca, but the above seems naive in the extreme. Spares for this will be so few and far between with another set of fans who will pay big money

People going without need to lower their expectations!

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
Re: We're Going to Madrid - Ticket and Travel Info
« Reply #436 on: May 10, 2019, 11:28:05 pm »
Great idea that mate

Offline Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #437 on: May 10, 2019, 11:34:56 pm »
If we don’t get tickets in the ballot we won’t be trying to get tickets in Madrid. I’m hoping there’ll be big screens or bars full of Reds where we can watch the game. I’m completely fine with that.

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #438 on: May 11, 2019, 12:06:44 am »
Booked on one of the Sports options flights and praying for success in the ballot.

What is the deal for trying to score a ticket in Madrid if the ballot is no good ??
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 11, 2019, 06:24:11 am »
Booked on one of the Sports options flights and praying for success in the ballot.

What is the deal for trying to score a ticket in Madrid if the ballot is no good ??

Are you on the one from Liverpool?