Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 209060 times)

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2600 on: June 8, 2019, 08:59:00 pm »
Anyone still away 🤣🤣

Alicante - Madrid - Bilbao - San Sebastian - Bilbao - Paris

Been at Roland Garros to watch the tennis for a few days to top it off... Eurostar back to London in the morning...that's how to max out on Number 6 😀
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2601 on: June 8, 2019, 09:15:39 pm »
10.35 a.m day trip with Thomas Crook. It left late of course. They wanted us to get coaches to the ground but we swerved that and got Metro. Met the lads and got on the ale and in the shade. Had a ball. Met a lad who I took to his 1st game when he was a nipper. Boss seats near the front to see the lads throw Jurgen in the air. To see my lad crying tears of joy will last a lifetime. Grabbed a few cans and got back to airport for the most boring ( delayed) flight ever. You would think we had lost!!!
I was on that flight. I think everyone was just drained especially with the delay as well.
Funniest & most infuriating thing was having to wait 45 minutes to get off the plane waiting for steps when we could see the steps in front of the plane on the screens in the back of the seats!
Then the Chuckle brothers turned up & we eventually got off.
It was a good job we did win cos that could have led to mutiny!

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2602 on: June 9, 2019, 11:05:36 am »
Can’t believe it’s a week. I was only in Madrid for 11 hours 😄.  Met a few other lads who were travelling alone so had a few beers and arranged to share cab afterwards back to the airport, needless to say it was like bloody New Year’s Eve trying to get a cab, also managed to get the only Uber driver on the f*cking planet who cudnt find us, was getting a bit tight on times for flight so we just bunged some bloke in a car €100 to take four of us to the airport, managed to see the parade too, crazy 24hrs, gonna have a few beers tonight and watch it all back. 🙂

Our two cabs didn't get to the Irish bar until 4.30am. There was 11 of us and one by one people were dropping. Think there was only three left standing when the cabs arrived. It looked like a battleground.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: June 9, 2019, 06:36:19 pm »
The emotional drain that. Was absolutely wiped out leaving that stadium. Still partied till 8am mind.
To be fair, Istanbul flight was the same.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #2604 on: June 10, 2019, 03:15:30 am »
To be fair, Istanbul flight was the same.

I remember our flight after Istanbul that left from the Ataturk Airport right after the game, everyone was asleep by the time we reached the runway, I remember being woken up by the roar of the engine on take off and everyone else being asleep. Everyone was fucked

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2605 on: June 10, 2019, 02:32:43 pm »
I remember our flight after Istanbul that left from the Ataturk Airport right after the game, everyone was asleep by the time we reached the runway, I remember being woken up by the roar of the engine on take off and everyone else being asleep. Everyone was fucked

They were sleeping in the aisles on our early hours flight back last week! One of the quietest flights I've ever known, everyone was just knackered from the heat and the match.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: June 10, 2019, 06:04:11 pm »
Having watched the video's back, looking at the stadium etc it looks a bit different in that its basically on a motorway :D. Its like having our ground by the Knowsley Express way but not that extreme!. I got the train back but I had no idea where most went as it looked like some wanted to stay near the ground. Also how did the 30k without tickets find a bar, as that fan zone was totally rammed.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #2607 on: June 10, 2019, 06:35:51 pm »
Just received  this link from a friend of ours...bang out of order...uefa are shit arent they

https://m.dw.com/en/champions-league-final-ticket-stolen-tough-luck-uefa-policy-leaves-fans-stranded/a-49053873
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: June 11, 2019, 10:12:30 am »
Having watched the video's back, looking at the stadium etc it looks a bit different in that its basically on a motorway :D. Its like having our ground by the Knowsley Express way but not that extreme!. I got the train back but I had no idea where most went as it looked like some wanted to stay near the ground. Also how did the 30k without tickets find a bar, as that fan zone was totally rammed.

We took a cab and had to get off on the motorway as it was taking so long. Poor cab lady was getting an earful from the police - hopefully no repercussions on her. Dozens were doing the same. Even Stevie and Linda Pizzuti did the same. Walking on the highway to the stadium lol.
YNWA.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: June 11, 2019, 03:02:34 pm »
We took a cab and had to get off on the motorway as it was taking so long. Poor cab lady was getting an earful from the police - hopefully no repercussions on her. Dozens were doing the same. Even Stevie and Linda Pizzuti did the same. Walking on the highway to the stadium lol.

She was lovely  :-*
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: June 11, 2019, 04:56:59 pm »
Our flight was dead on the way back too, think I was the only one awake. Didn't have any sleep in nearly 48 hours, was exhausted from the heat and walking (25,000 steps) but was like a kid on christmas eve, even when I got into bed it took another hour to nod off.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: June 11, 2019, 05:04:49 pm »
She was lovely  :-*

FUCK.OFF.

What an absolute Queen (she's not bad either).

Very jealous. She's a stunner.
YNWA.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: June 11, 2019, 05:58:29 pm »
The day trip flights are always like a scene from the walking dead on the return - and good - because I'm always in desperate need of the kip!

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2613 on: June 11, 2019, 06:38:18 pm »
Just received  this link from a friend of ours...bang out of order...uefa are shit arent they

https://m.dw.com/en/champions-league-final-ticket-stolen-tough-luck-uefa-policy-leaves-fans-stranded/a-49053873

Sad story, but the reality is that it would have likely been used by the thief to get into the ground within seconds, meaning any re-issue would not have been possible anyway.

UEFA made it difficult for ticket holders to keep them safe, by issuing tickets that were absolutely massive, and didn't fit into a normal sized wallet/purse. 

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2614 on: June 11, 2019, 09:36:03 pm »
The day trip flights are always like a scene from the walking dead on the return - and good - because I'm always in desperate need of the kip!

Leaving the Attuturk I actually fell asleep on the floor of the bus going to the airport.  I got lucky as there was two airports and somehow ended up at the right one.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2615 on: June 11, 2019, 09:46:02 pm »
Leaving the Attuturk I actually fell asleep on the floor of the bus going to the airport.  I got lucky as there was two airports and somehow ended up at the right one.

We managed to get to the right airport and checked into the wrong boarding gate. By the time we worked out our flight had gone, thank Fuck I knew the woman from Lonsdale and managed to blag our way onto a flight home.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2616 on: June 18, 2019, 09:23:19 pm »

Even some racist twat in the Aldi in the city centre on Monday randomly saying to me "how dare you wear that shirt in my country" couldn't dampen my mood.

HIS country? ::) :wanker Why though? What did your t-shirt say anyway?
We are a team of one half.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #2617 on: June 18, 2019, 11:25:31 pm »
We managed to get to the right airport and checked into the wrong boarding gate. By the time we worked out our flight had gone, thank Fuck I knew the woman from Lonsdale and managed to blag our way onto a flight home.

I was thinking of her the other day but couldn't remember her name, she split from Lonsdale a while later and was doing Triangle Travel I remember?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2618 on: June 19, 2019, 07:22:58 am »
Emailed the club about those with valid tickets that got turned away. Got quite a pleasant reply back. Fingers crossed there’s a gesture from the Club or something. Sounds like they are looking into it so please do reach out to the Ticket Office if it happen to you/your mate.

Can’t turn back time but I’m gutted for these people.
YNWA.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: June 19, 2019, 08:06:20 am »
I was thinking of her the other day but couldn't remember her name, she split from Lonsdale a while later and was doing Triangle Travel I remember?

Think her first name was Laura
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: June 19, 2019, 08:24:09 am »
Think her first name was Laura
Yes it was Laura met up with her in Madrid at the bar opposite our metro by the ground,known her for years,brilliant girl.....

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #2621 on: June 19, 2019, 03:37:34 pm »
Ah nice one Laura yeah, She was always really nice, I lost touch with her after the Athens final as I think she threw in the towel after that with all the hassle, is she running day trips again now then?

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: June 19, 2019, 04:25:28 pm »
Ah nice one Laura yeah, She was always really nice, I lost touch with her after the Athens final as I think she threw in the towel after that with all the hassle, is she running day trips again now then?
No just there as a top red

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #2623 on: June 19, 2019, 04:49:34 pm »
She still sorts some trips but not on an official basis. She organised the 8 that I did between 2008 and 2010 and some of that group still go together.
Always did a really good job and went above and beyond

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2624 on: June 20, 2019, 12:16:48 pm »
She still sorts some trips but not on an official basis. She organised the 8 that I did between 2008 and 2010 and some of that group still go together.
Always did a really good job and went above and beyond

does she still work as a travel agent and can you send contact details ?
i'm not thinking footy trips but for holidays

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #2625 on: June 20, 2019, 01:02:47 pm »
She was working in corporate hospitality the last I knew rather than travel agency. I'm not in contact with her sorry but a mate still goes on the trips with her.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:00:24 pm by apassant77 »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: June 24, 2019, 11:46:28 am »

Yep, the Sports Options trip home was pretty much in silence

It was a really contented silence though with people drifting off to kip with a smile on their face.

For me this was the best Euro away I've done. Absolutely superb day from start to finish. Met some brilliant reds from all over the land and a few good Spurs fans too if I'm honest.  Sun, ice cold beer and all round fun capped of with a big trophy. 

I was at the Ataturk in 2005 which was obviously mind blowing but the overall day was better in Madrid.

If I never see us win another Euro trophy (which is unlikely) i'll still be happy with what I've been fortunate enough to see.

Offline Red Phil 18/5

• Main Stander
« Reply #2627 on: July 1, 2019, 10:09:36 am »
Sorted two in 305.  Easy.

Loads of availability from what I could see.
The Red Machine in Full Effect.

Offline royabs

• Main Stander
« Reply #2628 on: July 4, 2019, 09:29:36 am »
Random one - does anyone have the playlist or know the songs (and order if possible) that were played after we lifted the cup?

From memory I think I remember:

We are the champions - Queen
Bobby's Song
YNWA
Fields of Anfield Rd (John Power version)
Paradise - Coldplay
Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

Any more?

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: July 4, 2019, 11:42:31 am »
Random one - does anyone have the playlist or know the songs (and order if possible) that were played after we lifted the cup?

Bobby's Song
YNWA
Paradise - Coldplay

Any more?

Solsbury Hill
Sit Down
Life is Life

God knows about the order or whether they were before or after we lifted it.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2630 on: July 5, 2019, 06:10:21 pm »

Bobby's Song
YNWA
Paradise - Coldplay

Any more?

if you search "champions league final" on Spotify there's a few (including me) that created a playlist with stuff played on the day

If anyone has any more suggestions for stuff played in the fan park, that would be helpful as we left fairly early.
YNWA.

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #2631 on: July 10, 2019, 06:50:57 pm »
Anyone get any speeding fines whilst in Spain ? lol
We just received €800 6 separate fines between Seville and Madrid.
Just wondering should we pay them - was a rental car 🚗
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2632 on: July 10, 2019, 10:32:21 pm »

none yet but wouldn't be to suprised if some popped through

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #2633 on: July 10, 2019, 10:36:28 pm »

Not sure on Europe but when I was in Aus I got one and never bothered. Was told it wouldn't be an issue if I plan on never going back..  :wave

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: July 14, 2019, 08:29:55 am »
Solsbury Hill
Sit Down
Life is Life

God knows about the order or whether they were before or after we lifted it.
imagine - lennon i think aswell
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:23:24 pm by aggerdid »
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: July 16, 2019, 10:52:54 am »
Yep, the Sports Options trip home was pretty much in silence

It was a really contented silence though with people drifting off to kip with a smile on their face.

For me this was the best Euro away I've done. Absolutely superb day from start to finish. Met some brilliant reds from all over the land and a few good Spurs fans too if I'm honest.  Sun, ice cold beer and all round fun capped of with a big trophy. 

I was at the Ataturk in 2005 which was obviously mind blowing but the overall day was better in Madrid.

If I never see us win another Euro trophy (which is unlikely) i'll still be happy with what I've been fortunate enough to see.

Amen to that. The absolute perfect day.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: July 16, 2019, 01:25:40 pm »
Amen to that. The absolute perfect day.

I was on a Spurs flight home. Me and 2 others in LFC shirts grinning our heads off in the departure lounge and on board whilst the rest of the plane went to sleep ASAP. Was amazing.