Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877163 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #5080 on: May 26, 2019, 02:25:48 pm »
There will always be a before and after moment in the chronicles of Barcelona Club de Fútbol - Liverpool FC.

BLFC and ALFC :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #5081 on: May 26, 2019, 02:27:25 pm »
When you think about it they definitely bought the wrong Brazilian. Bobby would have torn La Liga apart. Mad fucker would have pressed every team to death single handed.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5082 on: May 26, 2019, 04:15:14 pm »
Personally think we did a lot more damage than Roma , remember reading comments from Messi after the first leg , about how he didn’t want to play against us again after the Work rate we put in , seemed he already had enough of us  , even before the second leg .
We finished them off, but Roma had the biggest impact.  It will be interesting to see what happens to them now. With De Jong and maybe DeLigt they should be ok, but there’s something odd there.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5083 on: May 26, 2019, 04:24:30 pm »
He'd be their Pogba. Although Tbf he'd probably do much better at Inter than Pogba has at United.

I'd take him back, but not for more than Ł60m - and Ł10m of that as add-ons, payable only if we win something, rather than just on appearances.

I know people seem to find this ‘debate’ or question about Coutinho interesting, but have you just paid no attention whatsoever to our manager in his time here? He doesn’t want people here who don’t want to be here. But someone who didn’t want to be here, went about leaving in a twat way and has since been shown to have royally fucked up chasing this ‘dream move’? There’s more chance of us re-signing Emile Heskey.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5084 on: May 26, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »
I know people seem to find this ‘debate’ or question about Coutinho interesting, but have you just paid no attention whatsoever to our manager in his time here? He doesn’t want people here who don’t want to be here. But someone who didn’t want to be here, went about leaving in a twat way and has since been shown to have royally fucked up chasing this ‘dream move’? There’s more chance of us re-signing Emile Heskey.

Umm... I'm not the manager.  I'm just outlining the circumstances that I would find him returning acceptable.  I'm honestly not arsed about him though.  Klopp's people almost certainly have other targets lined up so take it easy. :)

When you think about it they definitely bought the wrong Brazilian. Bobby would have torn La Liga apart. Mad fucker would have pressed every team to death single handed.

So you're saying Bobby could be the next Messi? ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #5085 on: May 26, 2019, 10:17:16 pm »

I don’t think we should take everything so personally. No friends or enemies forever. It’s all about the interest of the club.

Obviously Klopp would prefer everyone playing for the club and as soon as Barca came in for Coutinho and he made his position clear it was a losing battle to keep him. But Klopp needed to say what he said that he would like Coutinho to stay in order to drive up Coutinho’s value and make Barca pay it.

FSG would have no hesitation about getting him back here if it means he could be resold at a profit again.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5086 on: May 27, 2019, 04:14:28 pm »
Coutinho really has gone to shit hasn't he? I watched some parts of the 2nd half yesterday and he was invisible, and even when he got the ball, he was dogshit.

The ultimate confidence player.  Bags of talent, but seems to need everyone behind him - the fans, the manager, his teammates - to really shine.  He had it good here in that respect, and he thrived. 

Footballers eh?  Should really have done his homework before his 'dream' move - was never gonna get that love over there......and the inevitable has happened.

Some players will shine wherever they go, because they have the self belief to go with their talent.

Personally I think Coutinho hit his peak with us.  Conditions were perfect for him.

I just don't see the stars aligning in quite the same way for him again.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:18:32 pm by Dubred »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5087 on: May 27, 2019, 04:34:07 pm »
He's already at his peak, he's not a young player anymore where he can be afforded the patience by clubs. The strange thing is that he had a really good period with them after he joined them in January all the way until the end of the season.

This season however he's been a shadow of himself.

The criticism from their supporters is impacting him as well, it's not something he ever experienced here

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5088 on: May 27, 2019, 04:37:55 pm »
He's already at his peak, he's not a young player anymore where he can be afforded the patience by clubs. The strange thing is that he had a really good period with them after he joined them in January all the way until the end of the season.

The criticism from their supporters is impacting him as well, it's not something he ever experienced here

He’s 26  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #5089 on: May 27, 2019, 04:37:59 pm »
We finished them off, but Roma had the biggest impact.  It will be interesting to see what happens to them now. With De Jong and maybe DeLigt they should be ok, but there’s something odd there.
Agree There’s something odd there

Reading articles after Roma knocked them out and then the same with us , personally feel we did more lasting damage , even blaming the latest cup defeat to Valencia on their state of mind over us ;)

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5090 on: May 27, 2019, 04:38:03 pm »

I think that initial period with Barca is a prime example of how much he does rely on confidence.

He came on a high from Liverpool.  Believed in himself.  Went for a massive fee.  Barca fans were excited from what they'd seen.

Few months down the line, inevitable dip in form, he loses support around him - goes to shit.  Struggles to recapture form.  Not getting the love to help him.  Case in point when he scored for Barca and approached the fans with hands to his ears.  It really affects him.  Some players ignore it and believe in themselves, some players let it get to them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:39:37 pm by Dubred »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5091 on: May 27, 2019, 04:43:59 pm »
He’s 26  ;D

He'll be 27 next month, he's entering his peak years as a footballer. That doesn't mean hes not going to get better, but my point is more pertaining to the patience that will be allowed for him in association with his age.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5092 on: May 27, 2019, 06:56:37 pm »
He's a wanker who feigned injury mid season. Wouldn't want him near the club again. He's a rat.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5093 on: May 27, 2019, 07:34:50 pm »
He'll be 27 next month, he's entering his peak years as a footballer. That doesn't mean hes not going to get better, but my point is more pertaining to the patience that will be allowed for him in association with his age.

He'll be past it when he's 28. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5094 on: May 27, 2019, 07:36:09 pm »

To be fair, towards the end of his time here, he did suffer from back problems so it probably is correct that two years later he'll be over the hill.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5095 on: May 27, 2019, 07:59:56 pm »
He's a wanker who feigned injury mid season. Wouldn't want him near the club again. He's a rat.

Nothing to add. Just worth repeating this.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5096 on: May 27, 2019, 08:14:27 pm »
Is correct, fucking shitehawk.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5097 on: May 27, 2019, 08:37:08 pm »
Amen.

Whether or not he suits our system is a moot point; he downed tools mid-season to force a move away.  That our owners played a blinder in getting a ridiculous fee for him seems to have got him off lightly but, by rights, he should be a pariah.

Putting Barca out and him being anonymous across both games was a delight.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5098 on: May 27, 2019, 08:42:26 pm »

He will be in a retirement home at 28....unless he goes to Everton - then he's a star

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #5099 on: May 27, 2019, 09:55:56 pm »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5100 on: May 27, 2019, 09:59:43 pm »
The new chosen one

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5101 on: May 27, 2019, 10:02:13 pm »
Sime mamagers really do just manage to fall up

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5102 on: May 27, 2019, 10:02:51 pm »
Lol

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5103 on: May 27, 2019, 10:04:54 pm »

100% agree. Only he didn't just do it mid season, he also did it in August, less than 24 hours before our first game of the season. While also getting his agent/family to spread shite about his relationship with Klopp

As good a footballer as he was for us, I've never disliked a Liverpool player as much. 'Wanker' is spot on. Delighted he's flopped spectacularly at his dream club, who can't fucking wait to see the back of him.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5104 on: May 27, 2019, 10:15:08 pm »
How has that fraud got the Barcelona job :o

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5106 on: May 27, 2019, 10:17:31 pm »
Bobby Brown shoes??.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ok, to be fair I don’t think he’s a bad coach, but given that he lost the Everton dressing room, he’d struggle to even find the Barca one in the first place.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5107 on: May 27, 2019, 10:27:11 pm »

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #5108 on: May 27, 2019, 10:32:25 pm »
?

ROBERT MARTÍNEZ has got the Barca  job ?

It's heavily rumoured at the moment. Nothing official. We really did break them didn't we?
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5109 on: May 27, 2019, 10:34:23 pm »
It's heavily rumoured at the moment. Nothing official. We really did break them didn't we?
well he’s lost 4-0 at Anfield twice so he’s well qualified for the role

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5110 on: May 27, 2019, 10:37:11 pm »

We sure did ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5111 on: May 27, 2019, 10:48:45 pm »

Dare I say it...?

Popcorn's Art

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5112 on: May 27, 2019, 11:17:59 pm »

Missed the first few games for Barcelona with the same injury, didn't he? Much to the surprise of most of us, including me, who presumed he was feigning it.

It was in the summer when he was feigning it.

Just checked. Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/25/coutinho-barcelona-debut-liverpool-142m-move-espanyol-copa-del-rey) says his debut was on 25 Jan, which is about 3 weeks after he left us.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5113 on: May 28, 2019, 12:32:30 am »
That’s some agent Bobby Martinez has.
Amazing if he gets it.

Even Koeman who hasn’t hit the heights as a manager despite being a great player.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #5114 on: May 28, 2019, 12:43:52 am »
He'll still be getting paid by the Blues I'd imagine, along with Red Ronnie.
We are Liverpool!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5115 on: May 28, 2019, 12:59:02 am »
?

ROBERT MARTÍNEZ has got the Barca  job ?
Good appointment. Definitely. Oh, yes, that's a good one. It's all uphill from here. Great. Bet Xxavi is slathering with anticipation, frothing at the future. 
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5116 on: May 28, 2019, 01:32:14 am »
He'll still be getting paid by the Blues I'd imagine, along with Red Ronnie.

Their contracts with Everton both expire next month, same for Allardyce as well I think, should free up a bit more wedge for them to waste

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5117 on: May 28, 2019, 01:43:38 am »
Oh boy, imagine the fume if he got the job.

I know one thing he'll eliminate from a struggling Barca side. COMPLACENCY!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5118 on: May 28, 2019, 10:01:46 am »
Danger Dembele: Barcelona could sell if a tempting offer arrives
  • The Catalan club would listen to proposals for the talented French forward
28/05/2019
Upd. at 10:40 CEST
Jordi Gil

Barcelona are ready to make big decisions this summer. One of the players who could be affected by the restructuring of the squad could be Ousmane Dembele.

In theory, the French forward is not one of the names on the table to leave due to his age (stiill just 22), his potential and the cost of his signing two years ago, 105 million euros plus 40 million in variables. However, the reality is he is in a bad place and the board may consider a sale in certain circumstances.

Barça aren't going to look to move him on at any cost. They can't give that sensation as it would reduce the player's value and, if he is to leave, they want to recoup their investment.

It's another thing if a club comes to the Catalans. Then they would listen to the offer. That's to say, Dembele is not non-transferrable by any stretch of the imagination.

A sale would be a painful decision, though, because of the high expectations generated and the feeling that he could be a really important players. However, Dembele's not leaving many options given if he did leave it would solve a constant problem in the dressing room.

Leaving to one side his inconsistent form and injuries, his behaviour has not been that of an elite footballer. His mistakes and his eccentricities have tested the club's patience. They are fed up of hiis lifestyle of the pitch and wouldn't have many doubts if they received a good offer.

Even though coach Ernesto Valverde considerds Dembele key -- as he admitted when he said he erred playing him against Celta Vigo, when he got injurred -- Barça feel he's become a luxury.

Dembele is too prone to injuries and his day-to-day life is not helping that. To that fragility, tou have to add the lapses of concentration. Even though it's an anecdote now, the club still find it amazing that he sat on the substitute's bench for a few minutes for a game he was not even on the bench for.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/danger-dembele-barcelona-could-sell-if-a-tempting-offer-arrives-7476789

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5119 on: May 28, 2019, 10:24:08 am »
Do you know what?

I think it might be true,..

Fuck me.
W