Author Topic: Liverpool Audio/Video Thread  (Read 10491497 times)

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Audio/Video Thread
« Reply #36360 on: July 4, 2018, 07:54:10 am »
James Milner is a monster.  ;D

Just unreal physical durability. Not only outrunning everyone but when you think about how long he’s been playing at the top level, it’s mindblowing.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36361 on: July 4, 2018, 11:41:51 am »
Just unreal physical durability. Not only outrunning everyone but when you think about how long he’s been playing at the top level, it’s mindblowing.

Just shows you anything is possible when you are professional and determined. If Rooney had the same mindsit, he'd be playing at higher level than he is currerntly

James Milner and Kuyt are twins

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36362 on: July 4, 2018, 11:53:10 am »
It also means we got much more of a bargain than we....bargained for. We may have thought we were getting a guy approaching the end of his career, when to be honest he's only just entering into that last phase now. Obviously there's a limit to how long he can keep going, but I don't see any reason for us to let go of him in the near future.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36363 on: July 4, 2018, 07:27:52 pm »
Love the pre-season training coverage.  Ings still looks a laugh to be around, Robertson reminds me more of Ewan McGregor every time I hear him interviewed, Jurgen dumping his car in the disabled bay all nonchalant and Peter Krawietz knocking about Melwood in his bare feet.  :D

Here's a new one they've stuck up...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rqPckK1-OdE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rqPckK1-OdE</a>

The start makes it look like our pre-season preparation is happening at the youth sports gym in Barstondale.   ;D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #36364 on: July 4, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI3lSFZKqQk
Love it. SO jealous of all those people at Melwood who gets Jurgen hugs! :D I need to get a job there...
« Last Edit: July 4, 2018, 09:39:15 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #36365 on: July 4, 2018, 09:43:20 pm »
Robbo "...it's been a long summer" ??? 5 weeks?? :D Seems very short to me! No way do I feel like our first game should be on Sat!

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36366 on: July 4, 2018, 10:31:21 pm »
Robbo "...it's been a long summer" ??? 5 weeks?? :D Seems very short to me! No way do I feel like our first game should be on Sat!

The world cup has helped 100%. It would have felt much longer for me if not for that.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36367 on: July 4, 2018, 11:48:14 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rqPckK1-OdE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rqPckK1-OdE</a>

Is Achterberg a ventriloquist in his spare time?

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #36370 on: July 5, 2018, 09:09:38 pm »
He does love a picture or video with that model look!! :D :D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36372 on: July 5, 2018, 09:32:38 pm »
Karius needs to keep his head down (not while playing!) and stop with his social media shit, that video is just dreadful. Yeah I know, I'll get it for posting such a thing here.  But he doesn't need the negative attention - which is what he's getting for that sort of shit.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36373 on: July 5, 2018, 10:23:39 pm »
Karius needs to keep his head down (not while playing!) and stop with his social media shit, that video is just dreadful. Yeah I know, I'll get it for posting such a thing here.  But he doesn't need the negative attention - which is what he's getting for that sort of shit.

It's the only thing he's posted since the final, give the guy a break. He needs to move on from it and if part of that includes posting on social media then who cares - it's not like it's so often that it is distracting from football.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #36374 on: July 5, 2018, 10:39:54 pm »
If having a drone following you around LA while you do push ups on the Hollywood sign is moving on then fair play. At least he’s a confident young chap, he’s gonna need it. It’s a brave new world.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36375 on: July 5, 2018, 10:56:51 pm »
https://twitter.com/vonstrenginho/status/1014777825721712641
I'd started to soften about this fella.  Time heals all wounds.  But fuck me we need a new number 1.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36376 on: July 5, 2018, 11:16:57 pm »
It's the only thing he's posted since the final, give the guy a break. He needs to move on from it and if part of that includes posting on social media then who cares - it's not like it's so often that it is distracting from football.

like clockwork ;)

Opinions innit, I'd love nothing more than for him to sack off all that, and just get on with showing what he can do next season. He can go about his modelling career for a bit when he's done with football :D  I've been hugely supportive of Karius the footballer from the start, but Karius the social media star can take a back seat, reckon it'd do him good.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36377 on: July 6, 2018, 01:41:07 am »
like clockwork ;)

Opinions innit, I'd love nothing more than for him to sack off all that, and just get on with showing what he can do next season. He can go about his modelling career for a bit when he's done with football :D  I've been hugely supportive of Karius the footballer from the start, but Karius the social media star can take a back seat, reckon it'd do him good.

He posted one thing since the final, so how is this an issue? He was on holiday. He can take as many selfies as he wants as long as he doesnt do anything stupid, he can do what he likes.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #36378 on: July 6, 2018, 06:33:42 am »
Seconded. If he is such a tough guy, I'd take him up the Joshua Tree desert for a ling hike without water to test his survival skills... That video would be great!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36379 on: July 6, 2018, 08:56:28 am »
i realy don´t see him being focused on become the best GK that this team needs, i mean it is all cool to have a social media status he wants, but he should 100% focus on the work he is doing for us, the team he playes for..

this creates a lot of unnecessary pressure on him as a person and player first of all....

if we are to start the season with him as n 1., he needs to perform realy good and obviously he will get a lot of stick from the stands...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #36380 on: July 6, 2018, 09:01:42 am »
like clockwork ;)

Serious question - what actual impact does posting that video have on his fitness, his ability to do his job (will it make him a better keeper or worse?)... or anything else in fact? 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #36381 on: July 6, 2018, 09:04:23 am »
i realy don´t see him being focused on become the best GK that this team needs, i mean it is all cool to have a social media status he wants, but he should 100% focus on the work he is doing for us, the team he playes for..

Hilarious - 100% focussed. Does that mean 0% leisure time, 0% holidays, 0% enjoyment, 0% meals with the family, 0% smiling and having a laugh with mates etc...

It's a video for fucks sake.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #36382 on: July 6, 2018, 09:45:21 am »
At least he didn't drop the ice cream I guess..

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36383 on: July 6, 2018, 10:03:12 am »

this creates a lot of unnecessary pressure on him as a person and player first of all....

if we are to start the season with him as n 1., he needs to perform realy good and obviously he will get a lot of stick from the stands...

WTF?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36384 on: July 6, 2018, 10:10:43 am »
Hilarious - 100% focussed. Does that mean 0% leisure time, 0% holidays, 0% enjoyment, 0% meals with the family, 0% smiling and having a laugh with mates etc...

It's a video for fucks sake.

nope, im saying he is more focused on having a fantastic presentation on social media without having anything on pitch to back that up... i mean if he won the CL with us, he would have at least a status of someone who achieved what is expected of him... this way he is doing videos like some kind of superstar backed by not being a realy good player and doing what is expected of him...

Of course he can do anything he likes, it just makes it difficult for people who care about the club to back him, if they see he is doing better videos than saves....

I don´t think he can allow himself to be viewed as what he would like, maybe only few players have the right but those are global superstars and champions... this comes off as a personal video of someone who rates himself higher based on good looks and stuff related to everything other than the on field performances...

IDK it is weird from someone who imo should first win something and maybe after make videos of him being great... but it is just me.. i don´t like it as not just a LFC supporter but football supporter...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36385 on: July 6, 2018, 10:12:34 am »
Of course he can do anything he likes, it just makes it difficult for people who care about the club to back him, if they see he is doing better videos than saves....

Fuck me, what an idiotic statement.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #36386 on: July 6, 2018, 11:02:45 am »
For some it might be better if he was recording himself moping about or sitting on a park bench with a bottle of white lightning.

Haven't seen any of the vids, but i get the impression he's just doing what he normally does, and that's cool with me.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36387 on: July 6, 2018, 11:06:08 am »
People want him to display a resilient mentality. So he has. I've not watched the video but if that's what amuses him, so what? Do you need a display of mea culpa for sustaining a concussion?
« Last Edit: July 6, 2018, 11:07:58 am by No666 »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36388 on: July 6, 2018, 12:36:18 pm »
nope, im saying he is more focused on having a fantastic presentation on social media without having anything on pitch to back that up... i mean if he won the CL with us, he would have at least a status of someone who achieved what is expected of him... this way he is doing videos like some kind of superstar backed by not being a realy good player and doing what is expected of him...

I don´t think he can allow himself to be viewed as what he would like, maybe only few players have the right but those are global superstars and champions... this comes off as a personal video of someone who rates himself higher based on good looks and stuff related to everything other than the on field performances...

IDK it is weird from someone who imo should first win something and maybe after make videos of him being great... but it is just me.. i don´t like it as not just a LFC supporter but football supporter...

I think you're reading way too much into it. If it helps him, I don't see the problem

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36390 on: July 6, 2018, 10:41:17 pm »
Serious question - what actual impact does posting that video have on his fitness, his ability to do his job (will it make him a better keeper or worse?)... or anything else in fact?

nothing.

It's just not something he needs to do. Get his head down, play well for his club, that's what he needs to do. 

The lad is going to get ripped apart for every misstep this season, whether we like it or not, piling focus on himself with this sort of BS is just stupid and ill thought out  (and yes, imo of course).

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #36391 on: July 6, 2018, 10:42:47 pm »
Anyone record the Shevchenko Park documentary thing from tonight?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #36392 on: July 7, 2018, 10:14:15 am »
Anyone record the Shevchenko Park documentary thing from tonight?
Ditto please, mean to watch it and completely forgot.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36393 on: July 7, 2018, 10:42:59 am »
https://twitter.com/vonstrenginho/status/1014777825721712641

Is this video for self-motivation, or to get more girls, or to show to the guys that he's better looking than them, or it's part of some commercial that he did?

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36394 on: July 7, 2018, 10:45:54 am »
Is this video for self-motivation, or to get more girls, or to show to the guys that he's better looking than them, or it's part of some commercial that he did?

Or, you know, just to provide his followers with a bit of content from what he did over the summer. Think it had well over 500k likes by the time he deleted it for getting shit.

Cringey? Yeah. Something to lose sleep over? Nah.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #36395 on: July 7, 2018, 03:52:30 pm »
Chester 0 - 7 Liverpool

Pre-season friendly - Saturday 7th July, 3pm ko.

Highlights & Full Match Replay etc - https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/8wtev5/chester_vs_liverpool_club_friendlies_07jul2018/

Wilson goal on 37 mins - https://streamable.com/e2pbp & https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6nwfil

Wilson goal on 44 mins - https://streamable.com/n5wlw & https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6nwg7b

Milner goal (penalty) on 48 mins - https://streamable.com/r0bsp

Sturridge goal on 54 mins - https://streamable.com/lrkw7

Kent goal on 56 mins - https://streamable.com/aovi0

Ings goal on 79 mins - https://streamable.com/l9wox

Sturridge goal on 88 mins - https://streamable.com/eycx3

LFC TV Channel Listings (all pre-season matches are shown live and later repeated in full) - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/lfctv & https://twitter.com/LFCTV

LFC.com's Match Report / Blog - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/match/2018-19/first-team/chester-v-liverpool-live-matchday-blog
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:42:34 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36396 on: July 8, 2018, 11:28:35 am »
I think I’m in the Karius camp, but I found this rather funny all things considered...

https://youtu.be/j_VedLMA_JE
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #36397 on: July 8, 2018, 11:41:12 am »
Its clear Karius is a good looking bloke. If he wasnt a footballer he would probably be modelling. I just see the video as a bit of a modelling promo.

Leave him alone. I think its a good sign and shows that he is still feeling confident.

Now if it was a video of him eating ben and jerrys whilst crying into a pillow...well yeah, probably want to sell him.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36398 on: July 8, 2018, 11:56:57 am »
I think I’m in the Karius camp, but I found this rather funny all things considered...

https://youtu.be/j_VedLMA_JE

It is, but it shouldn't be used against him and hopefully it won't be.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36399 on: July 8, 2018, 12:03:35 pm »
Its clear Karius is a good looking bloke. If he wasnt a footballer he would probably be modelling. I just see the video as a bit of a modelling promo.

Leave him alone. I think its a good sign and shows that he is still feeling confident.
Or it shows that he's preparing for life after football.