Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 339486 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #2120 on: August 9, 2018, 08:36:48 pm »
Always seemed a good lad, such a shame that he suffered those horrible injuries. Ultimately not good enough to get the minutes he needs to get his career back on track here, so a move away makes sense.

Best of luck to him.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: August 9, 2018, 08:36:50 pm »
Liverpool FC
Just now ·

Everybody at LFC wishes Danny all the best for his future career. 🙌

Danny Ings completes move to Southampton FC: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/311249-danny-ings-liverpool-southampton-transfer

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2122 on: August 9, 2018, 08:37:23 pm »
Good luck to the lad. Hope he stays injury free and gets a few goals against our rivals  :thumbup

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2123 on: August 9, 2018, 08:38:01 pm »
It has to be said though, if you compiled a list of footballers that deserve nice things you wouldn't be able to put many ahead of Ings. His off field work at Burnley was fantastic.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: August 9, 2018, 08:38:11 pm »
18m + 2m add ons + 20% of any sale -

not too bad.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: August 9, 2018, 08:38:47 pm »
All the best ingsy

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: August 9, 2018, 08:39:14 pm »
Good luck Ings

Model professional while here and you simply cannot fault his heart and his love for the sport. Deserves some luck in terms of injuries and I hope the lad does well there

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2127 on: August 9, 2018, 08:39:34 pm »
He's a Southampton fan too isn't he? Even though he used to play for Bournemouth!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: August 9, 2018, 08:39:41 pm »
Good luck Ings.

So unlucky here.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: August 9, 2018, 08:42:57 pm »
Good move for him. All the best.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: August 9, 2018, 08:43:00 pm »
It has to be said though, if you compiled a list of footballers that deserve nice things you wouldn't be able to put many ahead of Ings. His off field work at Burnley was fantastic.

Without a doubt, wish nothing but the best for him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: August 9, 2018, 08:43:29 pm »
Alll the best Ingsy lad!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2132 on: August 9, 2018, 08:45:14 pm »
Great deal for us and great deal for the Saints, not often you get that these days. Things could've been so different for him here without the injuries, hopefully he can fulfil his promise down on the south coast. Wish him all the best.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2133 on: August 9, 2018, 08:46:15 pm »
All the best Danny.  Hope you rip it up at Southampton, and above all get a really long run without injuries.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: August 9, 2018, 08:47:04 pm »
What's with the initial loan then selling him?  Missed the deadline for a transfer this time around?  Hopefully he goes on to good things, seemed like a good lad.  Wish it'd worked out better for him.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2135 on: August 9, 2018, 08:47:16 pm »
He's a Southampton fan too isn't he? Even though he used to play for Bournemouth!

Hardly the Old Firm!

Best of luck to him.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: August 9, 2018, 08:47:42 pm »
Good luck Danny! We have done well to get that deal as well.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2137 on: August 9, 2018, 08:48:50 pm »
Best of luck Danny, real shame things didn't work out here.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2138 on: August 9, 2018, 08:51:16 pm »
Quality person and definitely a talented player who's had some bad luck during his time here. Needed this move to get back to his best, and if he stays injury free I think he'll do well. Pretty sad to see him leave really!

Best of luck to him! :D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: August 9, 2018, 08:53:39 pm »
What's with the initial loan then selling him? Missed the deadline for a transfer this time around?  Hopefully he goes on to good things, seemed like a good lad.  Wish it'd worked out better for him.

Guess the dopey bastards don't have the money! Somehow?! They have spent 55 mill this summer so far. Considering how much they got for Virgil too, not sure how that is.

Or it may be that they couldn't get a sale sorted in time cos of the lateness of it.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #2140 on: August 9, 2018, 08:53:47 pm »
I wish Agent Ings all the best.  Hopefully he can stay healthy and cause some havoc against other teams this year.

Basically, it ends up being VVD for 55 + Ings.   Thanks again to our friends in Southampton.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2141 on: August 9, 2018, 08:54:55 pm »
Best of luck, Danny!

Yeah, they didn’t want him when he was younger so it’s a dream come true for him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: August 9, 2018, 08:55:20 pm »
 :'(

Kloppo loves Danny Ings for sure :)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/311250-jurgen-klopp-danny-ings-liverpool

“It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him.

“He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

“What is clear is that in his time here he had zero luck really, certainly in my time. Before joining I tried to watch as many games on tape as I could from the season so far and Danny Ings stood out as someone I was really looking forward to coaching.

“We all know his story and the bad luck he has had since then.

“It’s why the other emotion is that of being pleased for Danny that he has such a good move and his future is now very bright.

“When he said to us he thinks this is the window it might be best to look elsewhere, for the sake of his career and playing more regular football, it was clear early on that Southampton has great appeal to him personally. It’s his home, his family is there, it’s his boyhood club. They have a great manager and I think the supporters and him will feed off each other’s passion and energy.

“So we say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity.

“He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2143 on: August 9, 2018, 08:56:53 pm »
Good luck Ingsy!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2144 on: August 9, 2018, 08:56:53 pm »
May have been answered. If they have to buy him next summer..why didn't they just buy him now? I don't get it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: August 9, 2018, 08:57:57 pm »
May have been answered. If they have to buy him next summer..why didn't they just buy him now? I don't get it.

They need the check to clear. Not enough time.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2146 on: August 9, 2018, 08:57:58 pm »
Good luck to the lad those injuries stopped us from seeing how good this lad could have been for us, Southampton are not short of strikers now.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: August 9, 2018, 08:59:01 pm »
Have we got the fucking Rothschilds doing our deals for us?

Given he's probably had more hot dinners than seconds on a pitch on the past 24 months we got over £20m for him. That is absolutely batshit crazy.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2148 on: August 9, 2018, 08:59:22 pm »
Good luck Danny!

A top bloke who deserves some good karma coming his way.

Now go smash some goals in against our rivals!

P.S. Michael Edwards. Whattaguy!
« Last Edit: August 9, 2018, 09:02:35 pm by Boaty McBoatface »

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: August 9, 2018, 09:02:05 pm »

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/311250-jurgen-klopp-danny-ings-liverpool

“It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him.

What a farewell from Klopp, not much to add to this is there.

Best of luck Danny, and do not score against us (once you're eligible that is) !!!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2150 on: August 9, 2018, 09:02:29 pm »

“He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

“What is clear is that in his time here he had zero luck really, certainly in my time. Before joining I tried to watch as many games on tape as I could from the season so far and Danny Ings stood out as someone I was really looking forward to coaching.

“It’s why the other emotion is that of being pleased for Danny that he has such a good move and his future is now very bright.

“When he said to us he thinks this is the window it might be best to look elsewhere, for the sake of his career and playing more regular football, it was clear early on that Southampton has great appeal to him personally. It’s his home, his family is there, it’s his boyhood club. They have a great manager and I think the supporters and him will feed off each other’s passion and energy.

“So we say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity.

“He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”
Oh my God...... I love Jurgen!!! So much class!! Made me well up with those words...... FSG please sign Jurgen up for life!!!
Ingsy all the best for your future..... you gave everything while you were with us, no one could’ve asked for me from you.....hope it all works out for you, always a Redman!!!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: August 9, 2018, 09:06:37 pm »
Nice words from Klopp, especially the stuff about his character and energy:

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: August 9, 2018, 09:06:54 pm »

Pure class from Klopp, as usual.

Best of luck Danny, you deserve it
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: August 9, 2018, 09:07:00 pm »
Strange isn't it. It makes no sense unless it's financial.

It appears the Saints fans are 'underwhelmed'. Not sure who they think they are, surviving relegation by 3 points last season... saw one say he's 'heard he's a prick' too ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2154 on: August 9, 2018, 09:08:13 pm »
Good luck to the guy, he deserves it. I'll miss him scampering about, hope he does well there.

Offline monkeynuts

• Main Stander
« Reply #2155 on: August 9, 2018, 09:08:43 pm »
Always gave his all whenever he played.
Top bloke.
Wish he was my dad.
All the best Danny lad...
YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2156 on: August 9, 2018, 09:09:09 pm »
Go and knock 'em dead, Danny, lad. Wish nothing but good things for you. You deserve it. Brilliant tribute from the boss
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2157 on: August 9, 2018, 09:10:34 pm »
Strange isn't it. It makes no sense unless it's financial.

It appears the Saints fans are 'underwhelmed'. Not sure who they think they are, surviving relegation by 3 points last season... saw one say he's 'heard he's a prick' too ;D

Has to be the payment wouldn't have gone through in time? But a loan would. Wonder who's paying his wages this year.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #2158 on: August 9, 2018, 09:11:36 pm »
best of luck ingsy. what a top professional. Hope all goes well with your new club. Such a shame that his time with us was blighted by injury and we never got to see the best of him. Good deal all round. Is it Erector that saints have to buy him met season?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: August 9, 2018, 09:11:57 pm »

Brilliant farewell from Klopp!