Author Topic: Champions League Final - May 19th  (Read 199813 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: Champions League Final - May 19th
« Reply #3680 on: May 21, 2012, 08:24:56 am »
Exactly what I was thinking - looking at those empty streets shots  from the chopper.

Seeing those shots, I'd have cut the tour and done a U-turn home. Fucking embarrasing or what!!

There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #3681 on: May 21, 2012, 09:25:51 am »
Am I right in thinking they have added a star to their new kit? That is cringeworthy that! One star!
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Kopite1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3682 on: May 21, 2012, 09:41:12 am »
Am I right in thinking they have added a star to their new kit? That is cringeworthy that! One star!

I don't begrudge them sewing the star they bought onto their kit. Once upon a time, we only had one star too, though ours was achieved in a more traditional manner, that belonged to a long lost time.

What Chelsea's win does emphasise (and Man City's too) is that todays football isn't about picking the right manager (though that helps), it isn't how often you change the manager or not, it's about spending big money to have a chance.  City have reputedly spent 1 billion on transfers and wages in 4 years to buy the league, Chelsea 2 billion to buy the European Cup.  FSG made big big decisons in the last couple of weeks, and whomever they choose to put in place at Liverpool, one of the things their also going to have to do, is spend a heap load more cash than the heap they have already spent, and even then, they'll need luck and much more time than a couple of seasons.
Proud to be "An Internet Terrorist"

SOS# 1159

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #3683 on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:34 am »
I don't begrudge them sewing the star they bought onto their kit. Once upon a time, we only had one star too, though ours was achieved in a more traditional manner, that belonged to a long lost time.

What Chelsea's win does emphasise (and Man City's too) is that todays football isn't about picking the right manager (though that helps), it isn't how often you change the manager or not, it's about spending big money to have a chance.  City have reputedly spent 1 billion on transfers and wages in 4 years to buy the league, Chelsea 2 billion to buy the European Cup.  FSG made big big decisons in the last couple of weeks, and whomever they choose to put in place at Liverpool, one of the things their also going to have to do, is spend a heap load more cash than the heap they have already spent, and even then, they'll need luck and much more time than a couple of seasons.

I think its alittle bit cringeworthy, we didnt put the one star on our kit at any time did we? Far as im aware the Mancs havent got the stars on the kit either. To have just one is daft, i think if your going to do it you should have at least 4 or 5 cups before you put them on. Think England is shite with just the one on the kit as well
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #3684 on: May 21, 2012, 09:52:44 am »
1 star or 5 stars - what's the real effect when taken in the context of all the other shite on shirts these days? Neglible but know where you're coming from - historically far better days for what once was our game.

Ferkin' Real Madrid should have a shirtfront half full of stars...... :P :P
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Kopite1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3685 on: May 21, 2012, 10:00:29 am »
I think its alittle bit cringeworthy, we didnt put the one star on our kit at any time did we? Far as im aware the Mancs havent got the stars on the kit either. To have just one is daft, i think if your going to do it you should have at least 4 or 5 cups before you put them on. Think England is shite with just the one on the kit as well

Actually Mirra, you may well be right about Liverpool's kits not having 1 star etc on it, I truely can't remember despite having bought many of them, i think I was really thinking more to the futre and just how difficultit will be for Liverpool to get back to this again, it's certainlt a major crossroads in Liverpool's history and not just about whom FSG appoint as manager.

Mind you since 2005, our European kit sports a nice blue badge on the sleeve showing we OWN the Cup....:)
Proud to be "An Internet Terrorist"

SOS# 1159

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #3686 on: May 21, 2012, 10:54:15 am »
Despite strong links to Manchester City, Chelsea fans have signed a 1 year extension to remain at the club.

:lmao

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3687 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:07 am »
It still sickens me they won the European Cup.

I don't know why, but I really hate it.

Same here. Really makes me sick.

Just hate that horrible club and that gormless faced owner.

And then theres John Terry.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3688 on: May 21, 2012, 11:10:45 am »
You know who I'd be kicking if i was in the bayern dressing room? That bloody swchweinsteiger.

What a nob.

Who, in their right mind, in a champions league final, does a stutter pen? Complete idiot.

Errr Didi Hamman?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3689 on: May 21, 2012, 12:59:43 pm »

In recent times I remember France being the first to start this trend after they "won" the world cup in 98 - since then its become an increasing trend.

Let us remember that we only had the five stars for maybe a couple of seasons on our European Cup shirts. The Badge of Distinction is whats needed.

Three times on the bounce or five times in total. Otherwise you can do one.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #3690 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:04 pm »
Terry had his shin pads on.
his cunting shin pads!
WTF!!!! seriously?

:lmao
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #3691 on: May 23, 2012, 12:45:13 pm »
Terry had his shin pads on.
his cunting shin pads!
Lol, brilliant.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3692 on: May 23, 2012, 01:30:38 pm »
Robben got booed by his own fans in a friendly last night.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3693 on: May 23, 2012, 01:34:02 pm »
Seriously? Harsh
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline RedMatze

• Kemlynite
  • Auf geht's, Ihr Roten
« Reply #3695 on: May 23, 2012, 02:33:31 pm »

Not by the fans but by some of the family audience on the back straight who never visited a football stadium before this carnival game. Fuckers. It's a shame. The fans on the south stand countered this. And the club critizized the behaviour of those "fans" immediately.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3696 on: May 23, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »
After the booing van Bommel said he would leave the club if he was Robben.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3697 on: May 23, 2012, 02:52:55 pm »
In recent times I remember France being the first to start this trend after they "won" the world cup in 98 - since then its become an increasing trend.

Let us remember that we only had the five stars for maybe a couple of seasons on our European Cup shirts. The Badge of Distinction is whats needed.

Three times on the bounce or five times in total. Otherwise you can do one.

We had 4 stars on our first European Cup shirt under Houllier
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #3698 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

No they weren't

and why is "won" in inverted commas like that?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:21:29 pm by Tomaldinho »
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3699 on: May 24, 2012, 07:07:07 am »

Why is it cringeworthy? You put a star on your kit for each European Cup you win. They've won it once.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #3700 on: May 24, 2012, 09:02:56 am »
When did the star thing start? Cant remember it in the 70s.

Offline Ben_AFC

• Legacy Fan
  • It's magic you know, Two FA Cups in a row
« Reply #3701 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:27 am »
When did the star thing start? Cant remember it in the 70s.

Juve had their first star from 1958.
w w w w d d w w w d w w w d d w d w w d w w w w w w w w w d w d w d d d w w. Arsena.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3702 on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:13 pm »
Dislike Chelsea for the right reasons and there are many. Having a dig at putting a star on the shirt is small time.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3703 on: May 24, 2012, 09:13:13 pm »
Dislike Chelsea for the right reasons and there are many. Having a dig at putting a star on the shirt is small time.

It's just clutching straws really isn't it?

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #3704 on: May 25, 2012, 11:28:30 am »
I have no problem with Chelsea putting a star on their shirt - if anything I think it should be obligatory for clubs that win the European Cup.  They have reached the pinnacle of the club game, it is an achievement that can never be taken away.  Celtic, Villa, PSV, they should all have a star on their shirts.  History forgets these things too easily.

I would love to see our shirt with the five stars on.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3705 on: May 25, 2012, 11:59:17 am »
At least they've got a reason and right to put that star on their shirt. Man City have 3 on their badge and they've literally said that it was done to make them look like a big european club.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3706 on: October 6, 2012, 01:13:00 am »
Correct me if im wrong, but do Chelsea have the star on their home/away shirt in the league games or is it just in the champions league ?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3707 on: October 6, 2012, 01:27:43 am »
Correct me if im wrong, but do Chelsea have the star on their home/away shirt in the league games or is it just in the champions league ?

Don't think any kit they use has one. Think it was just a commemorative kit worn after they won the game
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3708 on: October 10, 2012, 10:40:49 am »
Don't think any kit they use has one. Think it was just a commemorative kit worn after they won the game

fair enough, i thought they were talking about making it a permanent  thing on their kits. Must have been advised not to.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3709 on: October 10, 2012, 12:29:22 pm »

I'm almost certain I'd seen the star on their shirt this season.
Looking at pictures on the net it seems not.

Weird, as its not the normal sort of things I dream about...

Offline massif

• Kemlynite
  • CHELSEA FC
« Reply #3710 on: October 12, 2012, 05:16:48 pm »

Offline flyhigh99

• Kemlynite

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool