Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1009997 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9160 on: August 8, 2013, 07:35:06 pm »
Is the best answer. If you are on a mission id rather you stayed safe and worked on it again another day mate.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9161 on: August 8, 2013, 07:40:31 pm »
Is the best answer. If you are on a mission id rather you stayed safe and worked on it again another day mate.

yep

today has already sailed away

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9162 on: August 8, 2013, 07:46:30 pm »
we've all been there

nothing anyone tells you right now will go anywhere

just stay safe and dont make any stupid phone calls

I have no intention too - just stare at pictures of a happier time.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #9163 on: August 8, 2013, 07:47:11 pm »
Its excessive mate - no two ways about it, i've topped up with 8 cans of carling.

I'm on a mission right now, and nowt is gonna help me :/

OK fella.   Comes to it I'm not actually in a position to help you one way or the other.  However.  I might possibly be interested as to how your "mission" progresses.   :wave  Do please keep us updated. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9164 on: August 8, 2013, 07:49:33 pm »
I have no intention too - just stare at pictures of a happier time.

fucks sake mate

that sounds depressing

watch a movie or something

it makes the time go quicker

which frankly is the exercise, drink, forget, and fast forward to tomorrow which is a new day

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9165 on: August 8, 2013, 07:53:07 pm »
Pretty much - for whatever reason i want to let it out, so i am going to.... tomorrow i have to put it all back together again

So if it's not too much trouble would it not be too much to ask to actually do that now and stop pissing everybody about. 

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9166 on: August 8, 2013, 08:03:39 pm »
So if it's not too much trouble would it not be too much to ask to actually do that now and stop pissing everybody about. 

Aye i'm just being a prick, no worries Maggie i'll wake up tomorrow and all will be fine. Sorry to have pissed you about like.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9167 on: August 8, 2013, 08:35:05 pm »
Aye i'm just being a prick, no worries Maggie i'll wake up tomorrow and all will be fine. Sorry to have pissed you about like.

Well clearly you have been.  And it won't be fine.  So no surprises there.  No you have not pissed me off you stupid bastard.  But you will unless you stop talking in riddles and either confide in here or PM or whatever it takes but don't be alone.  There are no secrets here. 

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9168 on: August 8, 2013, 08:59:42 pm »
Well clearly you have been.  And it won't be fine.  So no surprises there.  No you have not pissed me off you stupid bastard.  But you will unless you stop talking in riddles and either confide in here or PM or whatever it takes but don't be alone.  There are no secrets here. 

I expected to be slaughtered! 

It's been almost 12 months, my mistakes drove my ex to self harm, that's something i can't let go - i'm not a total prick, despite my mistakes.

But it is also something i can never put right, i loved her - my god did i love her... we were together the best part of 10 years, it wasn't for fun, we were best mates.

How do you find closure to being a total prick?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9169 on: August 8, 2013, 09:02:36 pm »
Maybe try and rectify your own problems would be a good first step mate. I know its not that simple but we've all been pricks, i still have my moments where i want closure for things that have happened in my life but ive realised i cant get that, i just need to try and better myself and learn from the past.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9170 on: August 8, 2013, 09:05:17 pm »

you dont

whats done is done

what cant turn the clock back. I think all of us in here wish we could

but the key is to get on with life and not be such a negative destructive prick in the future and dont hurt anyone else

including yourself

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #9171 on: August 8, 2013, 09:07:00 pm »
my mistakes drove my ex to self harm

Really?

I suspect she had a pretty large input on that decision herself.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9172 on: August 8, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »
Really?

I suspect she had a pretty large input on that decision herself.

My dad said the same thing, but i was supposed to look after her ffs - not be responsible for letting her cut herself BECAUSE of me!

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9173 on: August 8, 2013, 09:20:12 pm »
As you know my son self harms, nowt i can do but he could blame me quite easily. I feel its a far deeper rooted problem than you drinking mate.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9174 on: August 8, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »
As you know my son self harms, nowt i can do but he could blame me quite easily. I feel its a far deeper rooted problem than you drinking mate.

Yeah but Carl mate, she self harmed to cope with me... it was intrinsically linked. I was the the cause, without doubt.

What separates her having done it, and me taking a blade to her arm?

Not much in reality, i was still the cause and reason.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9175 on: August 8, 2013, 09:33:34 pm »
Yeah but Carl mate, she self harmed to cope with me... it was intrinsically linked. I was the the cause, without doubt.

Hmmm

Self harming is way more complex than that.

I've know lots of kids who self harm, it's never been a single trigger.  Never "he did x, so I self harmed".

Kids can tell people it is, they may even believe it, but it never is.

It's a much much more complex mixture of emotions than that.

I might suggest that you and she may have similar personalities and you drink to cope with life's pressures but she self harms.   That's just a guess though.

Blame won't help the situation one iota though.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9176 on: August 8, 2013, 09:37:39 pm »
Hmmm

Self harming is way more complex than that.

I've know lots of kids who self harm, it's never been a single trigger.  Never "he did x, so I self harmed".

Kids can tell people it is, they may even believe it, but it never is.

It's a much much more complex mixture of emotions than that.

I might suggest that you and she may have similar personalities and you drink to cope with life's pressures but she self harms.   That's just a guess though.

Blame won't help the situation one iota though.

She was a happy chappy until we broke up lad.

But you right blame doesn't help - but i can't ignore the fact i was the reason.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9177 on: August 8, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »

But you right blame doesn't help - but i can't ignore the fact i was the reason.
If you had stayed with her mum and argued then it could very well have triggered the same behaviour...

If you had bottled up whatever caused your break up then the atmosphere in your home might well have caused the same behaviour.

Stressful things happen to kids, some react by self harming.
You are assuming that if x didn't happen then y wouldn't happen, it probably would have done, maybe later, but don't blame yourself, really life's tough enough.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9178 on: August 8, 2013, 09:49:47 pm »
I expected to be slaughtered! 

It's been almost 12 months, my mistakes drove my ex to self harm, that's something i can't let go - i'm not a total prick, despite my mistakes.

But it is also something i can never put right, i loved her - my god did i love her... we were together the best part of 10 years, it wasn't for fun, we were best mates.

Well.  Everybody fucks up - and more than several times.  It doesn't necessarily mean that what fellas do from time to time drives the women to cut chunks out of themselves, otherwise they'd all be queuing ten deep around the block.  You hooked up with what eventually proved to be a nutter who couldn't stand the end and to grip you and guilt you she produced the blade.  Walk away lad.  You are no pick.   

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9179 on: August 8, 2013, 09:53:25 pm »
Fucking hell.  I can't take a moment off to kick the shit out of somebody and you're all at it.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9180 on: August 8, 2013, 09:56:03 pm »
lol Maggie - You genuinely made me laugh, thank you darling :)

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9181 on: August 8, 2013, 10:00:55 pm »

Ah.  She was a Clingon.  Thought so. 

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9182 on: August 8, 2013, 10:02:26 pm »
Its what we do best Nanna ;)

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9183 on: August 8, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »
Ah.  She was a Clingon.  Thought so. 

haha! Maggie - if it were not for you i'd be a right miserable twat right now :)

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #9184 on: August 8, 2013, 10:08:48 pm »
My dad said the same thing, but i was supposed to look after her ffs - not be responsible for letting her cut herself BECAUSE of me!

Well, I reckon it's a bit deeper than that, but if you believe that then fair enough.

But, either way, you have to let it go, to forgive yourself at some point.

The amount of pissheads I know that hold on to past fuck ups to give reason to their continued decline into alcohol is amazing. You need to draw a line in the sand at some point but as we say, you'll always find a reason to piss it up against the wall, if you want to.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9185 on: August 8, 2013, 10:11:23 pm »
Well, I reckon it's a bit deeper than that, but if you believe that then fair enough.

But, either way, you have to let it go, to forgive yourself at some point.

The amount of pissheads I know that hold on to past fuck ups to give reason to their continued decline into alcohol is amazing. You need to draw a line in the sand at some point but as we say, you'll always find a reason to piss it up against the wall, if you want to.

Not wrong lad - i've been looking for the reason, i found it - so i'm getting twatted.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9186 on: August 8, 2013, 10:17:17 pm »
Its an excuse, not a reason

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9187 on: August 8, 2013, 10:21:53 pm »
You right Carl - it's a shit piss poor excuse.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9188 on: August 8, 2013, 10:26:43 pm »
I can't upload a pic - it's too big...fml  how can i resize smaller?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9189 on: August 8, 2013, 10:39:28 pm »
what is it a pic of, just in passing.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9190 on: August 8, 2013, 10:39:54 pm »

Oh for fucks sakes.  I swear it is a long time that I have heard so much rubbish and so much venom and so much willing and indeed desparate guilt.   Did it not occur to to you that you were a prisoner of her will? That she put her rubbish she couldn't cope with upon you.  And she did a great job, considering you she trained you so well to accept hers.   

And the blade is aways a  good trick.  People always go bolow at the sightest sight of blood.  So unless she has taken a sharpend stythe to her neck (which would appear  not to be the case) she can saw away until the cows come home all the day is long or until everybody mets bored.

You've been had mate. 

« Last Edit: August 8, 2013, 10:55:24 pm by Maggie May »

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9191 on: August 8, 2013, 10:46:39 pm »

Once the stone
You're crawling under
Is lifted off your shoulders
Once the cloud that's raining
Over you head disappears
The noise that you'll hear
Is the crashing down of hollow years

Its from a song i love and one i feel pertains to myself as much as you mate. Get out from under that stone and take some positive steps. Fuck me mate, if i can do it even wayne rooney can ;)

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9192 on: August 8, 2013, 11:16:26 pm »
Once the stone
You're crawling under
Is lifted off your shoulders
Once the cloud that's raining
Over you head disappears
The noise that you'll hear
Is the crashing down of hollow years

Its from a song i love and one i feel pertains to myself as much as you mate. Get out from under that stone and take some positive steps. Fuck me mate, if i can do it even wayne rooney can ;)

Lovin' it mate - and you right, if anyone can do it - i bloody well can!

Here's a few lyrics for you;

"cos it's too late when we die, to admit we don't see eye to eye, i wasn't there that morning when my father passed away,didn't get to tell him, all the things i had to say. I think i caught his spirit later that same year...."

One for you lad...."saaaay it loooud say it clear"

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9193 on: August 8, 2013, 11:26:45 pm »
Mike and the mechanics. It reminds me of my Dad who was also an alcoholic. Just get through tonight mate and come back tomorrow and lets all talk :)

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9194 on: August 8, 2013, 11:33:18 pm »
lol yep!! if you like it listen to the Paul Carrack live version, far better than the mike and the mechanics.

We'll talk tomorrow mate, i actually really need some good help, so i'm gonna hold you to that.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9195 on: August 8, 2013, 11:37:22 pm »
well hope everyone is fairing better than me, never been one for self pity and been one to say get a fucking grip of yourself and sort yourself out and these are the words I need to take on board now.  Been drinking everyday since I last posted in here, not getting smashed but having 6-8 cans of skol super a night and not good.
choose Life.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9196 on: August 8, 2013, 11:41:56 pm »
I can't imagine i'm a great help lad - but any reason why?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9197 on: August 8, 2013, 11:46:13 pm »
same shite as every other fucker who drinks to much just feeling sorry for myself and being a twat, I Know ale aint going to change things but it helps dull the pain   but still wake up everyday knowing the same that kids and her have still gone

choose Life.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9198 on: August 8, 2013, 11:49:21 pm »
same shite as every other fucker who drinks to much just feeling sorry for myself and being a twat, I Know ale aint going to change things but it helps dull the pain   but still wake up everyday knowing the same that kids and her have still gone

Nah mate, people don't drink for the same reasons, but drink to bury the same thing *pain* - so you lost yer kids and yer missus, how comes fella?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9199 on: August 8, 2013, 11:58:05 pm »
no idea to be honest mate, they were just released from hospital after being in there for 3 months.   being born early.   she had moved up my end when preggers but her family never really had much to do with her when she did move up and never helped with the move.  And they never texted her or phoned her for three weeks before she was rushed into hospital at less than 25 weeks pregnant.  [Now she has moved back to there area over a hours drive away] they cant seem to do enough for her, what I am pleased with as I still love her to bits, but leaves a sour taste in my mouth how they couldn't be arsed with her before.
choose Life.