Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426193 times)

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Re: Solskjaer is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25240 on: April 11, 2019, 08:21:53 am »
30% ball possession, 0 shots on target, but manutd fans think that was masterclass from Ole? If Mourinho did that (he probably would), he would get slaughtered by manutd fans for his negative football.

If the game was away from home possibly, but not at home.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25241 on: April 11, 2019, 08:26:41 am »
Barca are usually a different prospect at home, but yes, still a worry that they won't be on it next week.

That’s the thing - people seem to be forgetting that for years (even during the heady days of Guardiola) Barca have always been poor, bordering on awful away in Europe. Then came the inevitable 4-0 at the Camp Nou. I expect no different this time.

I love that United fans still feel in with a shout for this reason. They will be crushed in Barcelona. This happens time and time again, they’re a different animal and it’s going to be sweet.

What I will say is that, if Barca play like that against us at Anfield, we will win, and win convincingly. This is all very exciting.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25242 on: April 11, 2019, 08:43:05 am »
Tells you where they are now when Barca are getting slated, for just winning 1-0 at Man utd, and not allowing them a shot on goal, and United are getting pats on the back for not being totally out of it, having just lost at home....

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #25243 on: April 11, 2019, 08:50:56 am »
I watched this game last night, the only way they gave Barcelona trouble was by acting like the most expensively assembled version of Stoke City; snapping at heels, leaving the boot in. McTominay in particular was a headless chicken.

They seem to have massive problems from the top down; an ownership more concerned about their take, a revolving door in the managers office, an unbalanced squad of promising younger players, veterans played out of position and expensive misfits and flops. It`s great.

The honeymoon is very much over for OGS, he seemed to galvanise the players by letting them play how they like, but now they`ve reverted to type and he`ll have all the same problems that previous managers have had with that dressing-room unless he can impose discipline.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25244 on: April 11, 2019, 09:06:56 am »
From the Beeb:

For all you stat fans out there, here's some of the biggies from last night's Barcelona win over Manchester United at Old Trafford.

They take a crucial away goal back to Spain, of course.

Be warned, they do not read well for Man Utd supporters (although the last one may cheer them up a little)

Manchester United have lost three consecutive home Champions League knockout stage games for the first time.

This was Barcelona’s fourth Champions League victory against Manchester United, with each one coming in a different stadium (Camp Nou, Stadio Olimpico, Wembley and Old Trafford).

Manchester United have lost four of their last six Champions League home games, as many as they had in their previous 71 at Old Trafford in the competition (W51 D16 L4).

Manchester United failed to have a single shot on target in a Champions League game for the first time since March 2005, in a 0-1 loss at AC Milan.

Luke Shaw’s own goal was the eighth Manchester United have scored in the Champions League – no side has netted more in the history of the competition.

Luis Suarez has had more shots without finding the net than any other player in the Champions League this season (33).
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #25245 on: April 11, 2019, 09:24:07 am »
I don't blame Utd fans for feeling they're still in the tie. If we lost 1-0 at home I wouldn't think it was impossible to pull off something special in the Camp Nou (of course, I remember us doing exactly that, albeit 12 years ago now, and the fixtures were the other way around).

Plus they have their Parisien escape to call upon.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #25246 on: April 11, 2019, 09:31:42 am »
I watched this game last night, the only way they gave Barcelona trouble was by acting like the most expensively assembled version of Stoke City; snapping at heels, leaving the boot in.

If they do this and keep City to 1 point  I'll be cheering them on

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25247 on: April 11, 2019, 09:32:41 am »
I watched this game last night, the only way they gave Barcelona trouble was by acting like the most expensively assembled version of Stoke City; snapping at heels, leaving the boot in.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #25248 on: April 11, 2019, 09:36:52 am »
Good work getting that ‘still’ into the thread title already.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25249 on: April 11, 2019, 09:38:04 am »
Dont forget Paris!

Last tango in Paris. There won't be enough butter to soothe their passage through the Barcelona fixture.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25250 on: April 11, 2019, 09:50:51 am »
Tactical masterclass from Ole: “Manchester United should look to 1999 for Camp Nou inspiration, says Solskjćr.” His managerial philosophy seems to rest entirely on Sir Alex, 1999, injury time and a mythical “united way” which has no basis in the clubs history. Long it may continue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/10/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-barcelona-camp-nou-1999?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

That article may as well have been signed off, Chemical Ali.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25251 on: April 11, 2019, 09:59:45 am »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25252 on: April 11, 2019, 10:01:48 am »
Manchester United have lost four of their last six Champions League home games, as many as they had in their previous 71 at Old Trafford in the competition (W51 D16 L4).
'kin ell!

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #25253 on: April 11, 2019, 10:03:54 am »
Barcelona don’t have the soft underbelly of PSG so they should have no problem seeing off this lot in the second leg.  They lost a lead to Roma last year but the second leg was away.  They are a different side at home.

It seems Ole’s tactical plan for European nights is to lose comfortably at home and then rely on the “United Way” to try and get an away result.  I can’t see that lasting long.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25254 on: April 11, 2019, 10:08:31 am »
Barcelona don’t have the soft underbelly of PSG so they should have no problem seeing off this lot in the second leg.  They lost a lead to Roma last year but the second leg was away.  They are a different side at home.

It seems Ole’s tactical plan for European nights is to lose comfortably at home and then rely on the “United Way” to try and get an away result.  I can’t see that lasting long.

Refs?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25255 on: April 11, 2019, 10:10:56 am »
If they pull off something at Camp Nou, wouldn't be that bad. I'd love to crush them in the Champion League.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #25256 on: April 11, 2019, 10:12:56 am »
There is a "United Way", though, instituted by the great Matt Busby, which is based on youth, skill, wingers, and a never-say-die attitude.

Or in Luke Shaw's case, a never-say-diet attitude.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25257 on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:45 am »
If they pull off something at Camp Nou, wouldn't be that bad. I'd love to crush them in the Champion League.
It'd mean a clean sweep, us beating them in every competition, right?

Over two legs I think we'd have them
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25258 on: April 11, 2019, 10:14:25 am »
Or in Luke Shaw's case, a never-say-diet attitude.
:lmao

Incr-edible!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25259 on: April 11, 2019, 10:15:34 am »
That article may as well have been signed off, Chemical Ali.

So the only hope they are clutching to is that they won in Paris and scored two goals from crosses and corners at the Nou Camp 20 years ago? And none of their hopes are based on their current players and how they actually perform?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25260 on: April 11, 2019, 10:32:58 am »
Haha the media are raving about McTominay today because he ran around a lot.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25261 on: April 11, 2019, 10:50:58 am »

The new Fellaineh isn't he,guess he's cheap and home-grown

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25262 on: April 11, 2019, 10:55:51 am »
Just wanna seh
Goodbye Fellaineh
Hello McTomineh

Love

Andeh

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25263 on: April 11, 2019, 11:00:39 am »
Last tango in Paris. There won't be enough butter to soothe their passage through the Barcelona fixture.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25264 on: April 11, 2019, 11:27:26 am »
If they do this and that and keep City to 1 point Rushie will be cheering them on...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25265 on: April 11, 2019, 11:45:29 am »

Fred - McTommy - Pogba is the future of Man United

Amazing midfield performance from them last night
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25266 on: April 11, 2019, 12:01:22 pm »
Hey don't diss the McT he's the 2nd coming of Fletcher dontcha know!

Usable anywhere, academy graduate, dependable, consistent but never outstanding.  They need more players like him according to the couple of new threads they've started in his honour.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25267 on: April 11, 2019, 12:03:03 pm »
Didn't Maureen promote McTominay into the squad?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25268 on: April 11, 2019, 12:06:05 pm »
Didn't Maureen promote McTominay into the squad?
Yep and they were saying he wasnt good enough and only in cos he's a big lad and typical Jose player.

Now he's some sort of god.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25269 on: April 11, 2019, 12:20:22 pm »
Actually watched a whole non Liverpool game last night and the difference in how results and performances are spun - well wow, just wow.
If that was Liverpool, conceding an away goal and then not registering a shot on target in response. Then our obituary in the competition would have been well and truly written, whereas you'd think Utd had battered Barcelona. If it were us, there would be questions about why we didn't beat a below par Barcelona, whereas it was United stifled them. Everything was talked up and the away goal and blank scoresheet conveniently forgotten.

Contrast that with Tuesday when BT were constantly reminding us of how an away goal would leave us with a problem in Portugal, when we'd actually scored 2.

Contrast the lack of pressure and the hype of Pogba, with the scrutiny that Salah at 40% of the price gets.

What I saw was a United side that are such a shadow of their former selves. Under Ferguson they would have put Barcelona under sustained pressure to the point where an equaliser was inevitable.

So that'll be them dogging a 2-1 next week then to widespread acclaim?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25270 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:27 pm »
Actually watched a whole non Liverpool game last night and the difference in how results and performances are spun - well wow, just wow.
If that was Liverpool, conceding an away goal and then not registering a shot on target in response. Then our obituary in the competition would have been well and truly written, whereas you'd think Utd had battered Barcelona. If it were us, there would be questions about why we didn't beat a below par Barcelona, whereas it was United stifled them. Everything was talked up and the away goal and blank scoresheet conveniently forgotten.

Contrast that with Tuesday when BT were constantly reminding us of how an away goal would leave us with a problem in Portugal, when we'd actually scored 2.

Contrast the lack of pressure and the hype of Pogba, with the scrutiny that Salah at 40% of the price gets.

What I saw was a United side that are such a shadow of their former selves. Under Ferguson they would have put Barcelona under sustained pressure to the point where an equaliser was inevitable.

And you're arsed why?

Let them think it was great, I certainly thought it was, keep on doing whatever you're doing United ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25271 on: April 11, 2019, 12:40:00 pm »

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #25272 on: April 11, 2019, 12:40:21 pm »
I just saw a pic of all those banners they had up in their end last night

wtf was all that about? :lmao
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25273 on: April 11, 2019, 12:43:02 pm »
'eres Andeh

https://youtu.be/OCWCEfMRRWg

Take ‘art from that performance.

60-70 mins it was all United apparently. No idea why they only had 33% procession then.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25274 on: April 11, 2019, 12:45:27 pm »
So Matt Busby's way then, not United's way.

United's way nowadays is throw lots of money at reasonably big name players regardless of whether they are a fit for the team, panic when they don't work out, sack the manager, repeat cycle with next manager.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25275 on: April 11, 2019, 12:51:08 pm »

60-70 mins it was all United apparently. No idea why they only had 33% procession then.

I was listening to Mcmanaman saying pretty much the same and wondering what game he was watching

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25276 on: April 11, 2019, 12:51:31 pm »
Phelan hasn't committed beyond the summer. He seems concerned over the current structure. So why appoint Ole?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #25277 on: April 11, 2019, 12:54:24 pm »

Procession football is very meticulous...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25278 on: April 11, 2019, 12:58:42 pm »
United's way nowadays is throw lots of money at reasonably big name players regardless of whether they are a fit for the team, panic when they don't work out, sack the manager, repeat cycle with next manager.

Which is what they did pre Ferguson, the true United way

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #25279 on: April 11, 2019, 01:07:22 pm »

To be fair, fans of every club think the media has it in for them.

As far as I'm concerned, the Man Utd media-wankfest only works in everyone else's favour if it gets Man Utd fans thinking Solskjaer is their savour. Best to let them wallow in it.

There is also the fact that we are now undoubtedly better then Utd, and so are held to higher standards. I'd take it as a complement.