Author Topic: Has Klopp ever won the Greek league? Hi Ho Silva Daddy Day Care Fighting  (Read 6752965 times)

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: Fat Sam Shaped Hole - Daddy Day Care Fight Club
« Reply #60720 on: May 17, 2018, 11:28:01 am »
When do they usually do the combined 11? I can't think of a single Everton player I would want.
They usually stick in Baines and Coleman as token blues but that won't wash this time around.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60721 on: May 17, 2018, 11:41:20 am »
From a few years ago

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #60722 on: May 17, 2018, 12:15:01 pm »
Difference being that £15m was money well spent. ;)

£6m to FS; £12m to Watford; at least £2m to FS's backroom staff; still paying off BBS and Red Ron.  Oh and after spending £250m last year, blowing the Lukaku money and getting reamed over Barkley, the Bitters face a complete rebuild job over the summer.

And yet the Echo will have to find some way to shoehorn in one or two of their players into the combined Merseyside team of the year.

I bet you Pickfordius Rex gets in ahead of Karius, and Coleman will be ahead of TTA. Probably Jagielka alongside VVD. The Prodigal instead of Hendo?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #60723 on: May 17, 2018, 12:26:13 pm »
I believe they were also paying compensation for Fat Sam to Palace as he 'retired' and then returned to management months later while still under contract with them.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
« Reply #60724 on: May 17, 2018, 12:26:27 pm »
Fair play to Sam, he has absolutely rinsed them. hahaha

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #60726 on: May 17, 2018, 12:37:32 pm »
Updated!

What a roll call they had this season. Trying to remember it all gets very confusing. I'll give it a shot.

Highs and lows in no particular order:

Winning the preseason transfer trophy
Being above the RS on the opening day of the season
Moshi claiming they had their own fab four at the AGM
The MS Paint rendering of the docks stadium
Lashing a kid at an opposition player
Lowest ever points for an English team in Europe?
Sponsored by Angry Birds
Three managers in one season
Moshi-la appointing Fat Sam after reading his autobiography. I'm hoping it's the chapter where he's out on the town with Professor Stephen Hawking aka ("Little Ste")
Celebrating a corner
Pickford's T-Rex arms

I am sure there are dozens more I've missed, please feel free to add to this most celebratory of lists!

:D
Can i also add - the "go to game" fans not going to the fucking game with them having half full stadiums for their european games. There is a video somewhere on this thread back then of a Liverpool fan going in, asking if they have any tickets just before game and the lady saying yes, thousands :D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Re: Fat Sam's Grand Slam Booeasy - Everton - Daddy Day Care Fight Club
« Reply #60727 on: May 17, 2018, 12:41:41 pm »
And then I had the misfortune to hear the BBC's Phil McNulty blowing smoke up their arses this morning - at one point he was saying Rafa, whilst a quality manager, wouldn't be accepted by Everton for saying 'what he said' - both McNumpty and the interviewer were skirting around the 'small club' jibe and even when they did say the actual phrase, did so in a low voice. FFS, they ARE a small club in comparison to the 'Big 6'. A small, parochial club with little reach beyond Merseyside and North Wales.
Arguably already at a bigger club, one he clearly cares about, with a fanbase who idolise him. Why would he give that situation up to be booed and have his own fans make up derogatory nicknames for him.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #60728 on: May 17, 2018, 12:43:58 pm »
Nice little snippet about 'The People's Club' from Si Hughes' article on Tranmere's rise back to the League (loooooong read!)

“... More than compete, you can have a symbiotic relationship with them,” Palios says of Liverpool and Everton. “Liverpool have been very good to us and despite Everton being known as the People’s Club it’s Liverpool that have answered the call and supported us in a number of ways. Jürgen Klopp brought his first team here for a pre-season game and that was worth an extra £150,000-odd profit to us – it makes a difference on your million loss. Liverpool come here now and play their under-23 games at Prenton Park ...'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/tranmere-rovers-news-promotion-national-league-boreham-wood-playoff-survive-prosper-longread-a8349446.html
I see you are one of those proponents of red shite propaganda. I see you!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #60729 on: May 17, 2018, 12:46:20 pm »
Arguably already at a bigger club, one he clearly cares about, with a fanbase who idolise him. Why would he give that situation up to be booed and have his own fans make up derogatory nicknames for him.

Make up derogatory names?

You can't beat the 2005 gem "Fat Spanish Waiter".

Seriously his family are settled in the area would he want the abuse that would go with a couple of bad results?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #60730 on: May 17, 2018, 12:48:50 pm »
A good assessment, Nobby. This paragraph chimed with me in particular. The blue's preoccupation with their standing in comparison to Liverpool has allowed them to sleepwalk to their current stasis...or possible regression. Forgetting rivalry, you simply cannot build a sustainable model of success if it's based on the quick fix and the impatient immediacy that blues crave.

Swelling the squad with 'trophy' signings without a coherent plan was braindead but it gave them a month or so of sheer delight. At the time of their transfer bonanza Dave Downie, a very reflective and considered blue, tweeted something like "Let me enjoy it, this has never happened in my lifetime!" That kind of attitude has not aged well, but it was all prevailing last summer.

The wave of optimism was based on a PR stunt; the club were engaging in financial suicide for the purposes of winning the transfer window. The actual recruitment policy took second fiddle to the nobility in being able to buy lots of fellas in one window. Moshiri was so obsessed with 'quick wins' that the idea of real succession planning became a strategic inconvenience. The sheer scale of this irresponsible approach may sting them for years to come.

Of course the 'jam tomorrow' brigade will create an idyllic patchwork version of the future that will include a heaving new stadium full of blues cheering on an expensively assembled team that wins stuff. But the jam may never arrive because daddy spent all the money in the summer of 2017 on a load of garbage.

Everton that...

Part of me wonders whether Moshi was trying to “leverage the brand” or such bullshit, like the other two wanted to do with us.
Their Weetabix model of boosting the brand and then the share price, followed by a cash in, was screwed by the financial crash.
Moshi has done a lot of bullshitting but has financed the boosting of the EFC brand using transfer and TV funds. His corporate sponsors are his mates firm USM. Yes he has put a loan in place, but if I was a Blue, the Chinese overdraft would have worried me.
Stuff like new cladding lights and a boiler would worry me more as they suggest they are not expecting to move anytime soon.
All the shit about the Dock site and we are yet to see a proper drawing, let alone a spade in the rubble.
If the last 12 months had gone to plan, they would have had a respected international manager in place, a decent squad, a good European run and would have challenged for the top 6. Uncle Joe promising them cash and lots of it, and as a result a promise of a new ground on the back of the Commonwealth bid.
Everton would certainly be on the rise and the value of shares would no doubt have increased.
But then everything went splosh, the new signings were shite, the older players were shite, their one class international sadly broke his leg and was out for most of the season. The return of the prodigal in some ways saved them with the early season goal drip, although by September he had reverted to type and unlike United, the Everton PR dept couldn’t spin his drinking and womanising as a positive. He spent much of the season lumbering round like an aging uncle having a kick around on the park with kids who didn’t pass to him.
As a result of the managerial fiasco the ‘Everton Brand’ took a dive and even the arrival of Allardyce was seen as a decline. Short termism seems to govern their operations at present.
Almost as if they are desperate to sell ‘the brand’

Anyone else smell something fishy? It is very Hicks and Gillette, and piss taking aside, after what those two did to us, I hope it isn’t, because it won’t be pretty

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60731 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:34 pm »
Part of me wonders whether Moshi was trying to “leverage the brand” or such bullshit, like the other two wanted to do with us.
Their Weetabix model of boosting the brand and then the share price, followed by a cash in, was screwed by the financial crash.
Moshi has done a lot of bullshitting but has financed the boosting of the EFC brand using transfer and TV funds. His corporate sponsors are his mates firm USM. Yes he has put a loan in place, but if I was a Blue, the Chinese overdraft would have worried me.
Stuff like new cladding lights and a boiler would worry me more as they suggest they are not expecting to move anytime soon.
All the shit about the Dock site and we are yet to see a proper drawing, let alone a spade in the rubble.
If the last 12 months had gone to plan, they would have had a respected international manager in place, a decent squad, a good European run and would have challenged for the top 6. Uncle Joe promising them cash and lots of it, and as a result a promise of a new ground on the back of the Commonwealth bid.
Everton would certainly be on the rise and the value of shares would no doubt have increased.
But then everything went splosh, the new signings were shite, the older players were shite, their one class international sadly broke his leg and was out for most of the season. The return of the prodigal in some ways saved them with the early season goal drip, although by September he had reverted to type and unlike United, the Everton PR dept couldn’t spin his drinking and womanising as a positive. He spent much of the season lumbering round like an aging uncle having a kick around on the park with kids who didn’t pass to him.
As a result of the managerial fiasco the ‘Everton Brand’ took a dive and even the arrival of Allardyce was seen as a decline. Short termism seems to govern their operations at present.

Anyone else smell something fishy? It is very Hicks and Gillette, and piss taking aside, after what those two did to us, I hope it isn’t, because it won’t be pretty

The Hicks and Gillette analogy is very good.

Moshiri talks the same level of random bullshit as Gillette, remember "Roffa can have Snoopp Doogy Dogg if he wants" and compare and contrast Moshi's racist ramblings about Lukaku's Ma going on a voodoo pilgrimage.

Frightening levels of stupidity allied with verbal diarrhoea. The omens aren't great for them.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60732 on: May 17, 2018, 12:59:03 pm »
Don’t think he’s as bad as hicks and Gillette from the financing perspective but in terms of running the club and the decisions made I’d argue it’s far far worse, especially as project owl was a purslow thing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60733 on: May 17, 2018, 01:01:45 pm »
Don’t think he’s as bad as hicks and Gillette from the financing perspective but in terms of running the club and the decisions made I’d argue it’s far far worse, especially as project owl was a purslow thing

Didn't H&G appoint Purslow?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60734 on: May 17, 2018, 01:04:23 pm »
Didn't H&G appoint Purslow?
thought that was more an rbs appointee, rumours at the time from memory suggested that

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60735 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:09 pm »
Haha Jim White had Allardyce on his show again today so he could blow more smoke up his arse. Still maintains it was a "vocal minority" who wanted him out. Deluded.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #60736 on: May 17, 2018, 01:15:29 pm »

It may not be long before they are yearning for Kenwright to be back as the sole owner. To be frank, I was never sure why there was so much aggression directed towards him. He seems like a decent enough fella, with a genuine affection for the club and whilst he may be a bit of the "jumpers for goalposts" misty eyed type aren`t all supporters ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #60737 on: May 17, 2018, 01:19:04 pm »
Haha Jim White had Allardyce on his show again today so he could blow more smoke up his arse. Still maintains it was a "vocal minority" who wanted him out. Deluded.
Even if he's right about the 'vocal minority', their vitriol was sticking. Their discontent was toxic and spreading. In truth, I think the majority wanted Sam out but some fans sit on their hands and support whoever is in charge, which is not necessarily a bad thing to some extent.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #60738 on: May 17, 2018, 01:23:53 pm »
thought that was more an rbs appointee, rumours at the time from memory suggested that
My understanding is that Carra & Gerrard were consulted by Purslow and that was the name the three of them liked for the job.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #60739 on: May 17, 2018, 01:26:19 pm »
It may not be long before they are yearning for Kenwright to be back as the sole owner. To be frank, I was never sure why there was so much aggression directed towards him. He seems like a decent enough fella, with a genuine affection for the club and whilst he may be a bit of the "jumpers for goalposts" misty eyed type aren`t all supporters ?
I think it's probably the same as Moore for us. He has taken them as far as he can.

Of course being Everton, their approach to every problem is mindless aggression, booing and trying to hit it with your own child. Thus how they approach the need for someone with more financial clout than the local guy who loves the club owner looked every different :D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60740 on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:14 pm »
My understanding is that Carra & Gerrard were consulted by Purslow and that was the name the three of them liked for the job.
it was more about who hired Cecil not the hodge

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60741 on: May 17, 2018, 01:51:59 pm »
Don't forget how easily the bent over to try and help city by letting them train at goodison. Been a truely epic year for everton fans

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #60742 on: May 17, 2018, 01:59:58 pm »
It may not be long before they are yearning for Kenwright to be back as the sole owner. To be frank, I was never sure why there was so much aggression directed towards him.

Look at how the bitter fuckers reacted when 'multi-millionaire' Moshiri rocked up and promised them the moon on a stick. As one they turned to Anfield and flipped us the finger whilst wearing beaming smug grins.

They knew Kenwright has no money and just desperately yearned for someone to come in and buy a team that could compete with us. Anyone.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60743 on: May 17, 2018, 02:01:32 pm »
Said it before, but the" its not the winning, it's the taking part" T shirts in 2014, tells you absolutely everything about the whole club.
While that sort of mentality exists, along with "our own fab 4", "the City's all ours, "bigger stadium than the redshite" etc. they will never progress.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #60744 on: May 17, 2018, 02:14:47 pm »
it was more about who hired Cecil not the hodge

Ah, I think Purslow was H&G, Broughton was the banks.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60745 on: May 17, 2018, 02:15:38 pm »

Good job he got out of there when he did, looks like delusion is contagious.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #60746 on: May 17, 2018, 02:20:34 pm »

With a sharp footballing brain like that Stevie should do well at Rangers
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #60747 on: May 17, 2018, 02:58:57 pm »
Chippy Tits not being ousted in the local elections means the new stadium remains ON.

He wasn't standing. His position is safe until 2020.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #60748 on: May 17, 2018, 03:29:13 pm »
Wow. Anderson getting some shite on Twitter from the bitter bastards about the possible homecoming parade. All fucking whinging because the redshite object to Joe lending them the money for a stadium and yet want a parade if they win a final.

They don’t realise how stupid they come across.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #60749 on: May 17, 2018, 03:53:46 pm »
Wow. Anderson getting some shite on Twitter from the bitter bastards about the possible homecoming parade. All fucking whinging because the redshite object to Joe lending them the money for a stadium and yet want a parade if they win a final.

They don’t realise how stupid they come across.

They really don't. Equating a parade that will last a couple of hours to a council funded stadium that's costing hundreds of millions while being a risk to the taxpayer is disingenuous. Well, it would be disingenuous if they were smart enough to see the disparity.

Not even mentioning the increase in tourism and spending in the city that would inevitably come from it. Equally as bad, our own fans moaning about being arrogant arranging the parade before we've won, ignoring the legalities and preparation an event like this takes.

Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #60750 on: May 17, 2018, 03:57:58 pm »
They really don't. Equating a parade that will last a couple of hours to a council funded stadium that's costing hundreds of millions while being a risk to the taxpayer is disingenuous. Well, it would be disingenuous if they were smart enough to see the disparity.

Not even mentioning the increase in tourism and spending in the city that would inevitably come from it. Equally as bad, our own fans moaning about being arrogant arranging the parade before we've won, ignoring the legalities and preparation an event like this takes.

Oh please, get over yourself. It's the fact it's splattered all over Twitter and eleswhere by the council that irritates some, me included. Everyone knows they have to plan these things - we aren't quite so stupid to think it gets done on a whim you know, but holy crap, the level of publicity they are happily giving it is way over the top.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #60751 on: May 17, 2018, 04:08:29 pm »
Oh please, get over yourself. It's the fact it's splattered all over Twitter and eleswhere by the council that irritates some, me included. Everyone knows they have to plan these things - we aren't quite so stupid to think it gets done on a whim you know, but holy crap, the level of publicity they are happily giving it is way over the top.

You need publicity, so fans know it's going to happen, where it's going to happen and what will happen.

You want as many people to get the information as possible so the event can run smoothly. There's nothing wrong or arrogant about it.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #60752 on: May 17, 2018, 04:15:36 pm »
What do Evertonians know about parades for trophies? They'd need a long memory...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #60753 on: May 17, 2018, 04:17:28 pm »
What do Evertonians know about parades for trophies? They'd need a long memory...

It does tickle me when they mock our lack of league title for so long, they've got a hell of a glass house to be throwing that sort of stone from.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60754 on: May 17, 2018, 04:23:30 pm »
Updated!

What a roll call they had this season. Trying to remember it all gets very confusing. I'll give it a shot.

Highs and lows in no particular order:

Winning the preseason transfer trophy
Being above the RS on the opening day of the season
Moshi claiming they had their own fab four at the AGM
The MS Paint rendering of the docks stadium
Lashing a kid at an opposition player
Lowest ever points for an English team in Europe?
Sponsored by Angry Birds
Three managers in one season
Moshi-la appointing Fat Sam after reading his autobiography. I'm hoping it's the chapter where he's out on the town with Professor Stephen Hawking aka ("Little Ste")
Celebrating a corner
Pickford's T-Rex arms

I am sure there are dozens more I've missed, please feel free to add to this most celebratory of lists!

:D

I just remembered they got the papier mache/ikea shelves to block out FC Big Stand.

New CEO saying 'city is ours' cause they purchased new office space
https://twitter.com/gregok/status/950802385496084480

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #60755 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:34 pm »
Nice little snippet about 'The People's Club' from Si Hughes' article on Tranmere's rise back to the League (loooooong read!)

“... More than compete, you can have a symbiotic relationship with them,” Palios says of Liverpool and Everton. “Liverpool have been very good to us and despite Everton being known as the People’s Club it’s Liverpool that have answered the call and supported us in a number of ways. Jürgen Klopp brought his first team here for a pre-season game and that was worth an extra £150,000-odd profit to us – it makes a difference on your million loss. Liverpool come here now and play their under-23 games at Prenton Park ...'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/tranmere-rovers-news-promotion-national-league-boreham-wood-playoff-survive-prosper-longread-a8349446.html
That's a great read over a morning coffee that.

I suspect Everton do nothing to help Tranmere simply because that is their competition. They are a local club for local people who think they can fill a 70k stadium. If Tranmere hop up the leagues to hit their target of League One by 2020 and see a exponential increase in support, then that probably comes from the same group Everton plan to get a boost in attendances from. Not to mention at that stage they are likely competing with them on the pitch as well as off it.

So you just don't help your direct competition. Everton will happily help Man City - they aren't on that level to compete with City. But won't help Tranmere.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60756 on: May 17, 2018, 05:54:10 pm »

So you want the council to plan a parade in private, not tell anybody and then expect the fans to turn up in their droves despite not knowing when it's happening?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60757 on: May 17, 2018, 05:55:28 pm »

So you just don't help your direct competition. Everton will happily help Man City - they aren't on that level to compete with City. But won't help Tranmere.

tbf if Tranmere played Everton they'd probably end up losing money.  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60758 on: May 17, 2018, 05:56:22 pm »
So you want the council to plan a parade in private, not tell anybody and then expect the fans to turn up in their droves despite not knowing when it's happening?

I don't recall knowing anything about the parade route back in 05 before we actually won the trophy.  Still managed to pack a million people onto the streets though mind.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #60759 on: May 17, 2018, 06:00:51 pm »
The thing is, taking that approach would also actually be their best chance (however slim) of one day overtaking us, just keep building themselves steadily, avoid the boom and bust of trying to catch us in one go whenever they have a big sale that can fund additional transfers in one window and avoid letting any areas of their squad get too old at once so they don't need to rush to sign a replacement.
Completely agree with you there. They need a long-term approach that is about building a solid base, then building up from there in manageable stages. The problem is, their fanbase want it all yesterday, and they want jam (blueberry, of course) on it too. They expect to jump from abject mediocrity to challengers in one go. It's impossible to achieve for whoever comes in. Their infatuation with us drives insane levels of expectation across the park that could never be achieved. For some bizarre reason they think they should be on par with us, but in every single way they are light years behind. So, dropping their obsession with us could free them up to be themselves and build up in a more measured, sensible and potentially achievable way. As you correctly point out, over the years, this would actually be their best way of potentially getting anywhere near the level we are at and pushing on from there. Their chances of matching us in my lifetime are, of course, slim to nil, but they could make some decent inroads into becoming a reasonably successful and respected entity in their own right, rather than simply being the 'other club' in the city who are consumed with envy and whose reason for being is to do little more than try to hang onto the coat-tails of LFC as we disappear over the horizon.

Basically, their whole mindset is wrong. It's counter productive to what they actually want to achieve. Their entire set-up seems to do things with us in mind rather than doing what's best for them as a club. Our new Main Stand is what has driven this desire to build the Vanity Dome down on the docks that could cripple them. Everything they do seems to be about trying to somehow get one over on us. It's sad really.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.