Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 20th-24th April  (Read 94419 times)

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League fixtures 20th-24th April
« Reply #3640 on: April 24, 2019, 11:09:43 pm »
Suppose the one thing that cheered me up tonight was the demise of our former great rivals across the east lancs.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3641 on: April 24, 2019, 11:10:25 pm »
Does anyone know where I can find this Keane Neville exchange you are all talking about? Can’t find it on YouTube or anywhere else.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3642 on: April 24, 2019, 11:31:12 pm »
Solskjær looks odd

Like a man who’s been locked in a supermarket fridge overnight
People saying he's their Souness? Na. He's their Hodge, Mark 2.0. A new and improved Hodge.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3643 on: April 24, 2019, 11:34:45 pm »
Stirling played well and his run for assist was great but technically he looks like a competition winner next to his teammates.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #3644 on: April 24, 2019, 11:38:53 pm »
You can't look at them like that

City have lost one match since Boxing Day - it is insane.

Not wanting to be a dick but we've lost one game all season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3645 on: April 24, 2019, 11:40:35 pm »

That loss stat for them is useless.

The main thing is they have WON all but 1 since Boxing Day.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #3646 on: April 25, 2019, 12:00:30 am »

By 11mm

Complete piss take
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3647 on: April 25, 2019, 12:02:18 am »
All the teams City have left to play are capable of springing a draw, particularly when the pressure is on City.

This title race is far from over, mark my words.

City never seem to get bad luck or a freak result go against them when it counts.

When was the last time they lost a cup final or a league run-in when it goes head to head?

Hopefully they get their Michael Thomas moment at Brighton.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3648 on: April 25, 2019, 12:04:30 am »

City have lost one match since Boxing Day - it is insane.

If they go 14 on the bounce since that Newcastle loss then fair fucks I suppose.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3649 on: April 25, 2019, 12:06:37 am »
That 538 thing has us at 27% of winning the league now.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3650 on: April 25, 2019, 12:24:15 am »
I lost hope after Spurs which was the last decent side City faced, now all they have left are sides already on the beach with fuck all to play for. City also have a week to prepare for each game after burnley, there is no chance they fuck this up. It would be lovely but I just dont see it.

Offline gwto

• Main Stander
  • "Game Well and Truly Over, and I hate saying that"
« Reply #3651 on: April 25, 2019, 12:27:26 am »
That 538 thing has us at 27% of winning the league now.

Given their history with predictions...
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3652 on: April 25, 2019, 12:28:45 am »

Indeed. Still makes me shudder that prediction.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3653 on: April 25, 2019, 12:50:08 am »
Suppose the one thing that cheered me up tonight was the demise of our former great rivals across the east lancs.

Their 'performance' on the pitch and the antics of so many of their 'fans' off it were surely the biggest indication yet of their rapid decline.

I think we all knew it would be downhill for them once Ferguson hung up his hair dryer, but I don't think any of us could have predicted the sheer scale of the fall from grace and in such a short timeline.

That club had the likes of Roy Keane, Cantona etc. Born winners. Yet now they are a disjointed collection of directionless egos and their fans are scraping around in the shit hoping their despised local rivals can do them a favour in thwarting Liverpool. Ferguson's legacy is decaying right in front of his very eyes and turning to dust.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3654 on: April 25, 2019, 12:55:04 am »

Just because the 28% thing happened rather than the 72% thing doesn't mean it was a bad prediction. It's incredible how many people don't understand this.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #3655 on: April 25, 2019, 01:01:11 am »
Just because the 28% thing happened rather than the 72% thing doesn't mean it was a bad prediction. It's incredible how many people don't understand this.
I had a friend who complained when the shuffle function on his phone played the same band twice. Said it wasn’t random.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3656 on: April 25, 2019, 01:02:04 am »
I had a friend who complained when the shuffle function on his phone played the same band twice. Said it wasn’t random.

;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3657 on: April 25, 2019, 01:09:52 am »
De Gea fucked up and lost the game almost on his own in my opinion.  As bad as ManU were they were surprisingly solid defensively and on another night that's a 0-0.  In looking at 3 different xG models none of them have ManC above 1.0, both Infogol and Understat have it .5 to .5 while Caley has ManC at .9.

They just had fuck all in going forward so once the first goal went in that was pretty much it.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3658 on: April 25, 2019, 02:19:49 am »
Well, at least de gea was all they had.Without him, this is what you get.  Going down next year  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #3659 on: April 25, 2019, 07:08:40 am »

In fact 538 were getting ridiculed immediately prior to the election because their forecasts were considered to be overestimating Trump's chance.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3660 on: April 25, 2019, 09:34:57 am »
Their 'performance' on the pitch and the antics of so many of their 'fans' off it were surely the biggest indication yet of their rapid decline.

I think we all knew it would be downhill for them once Ferguson hung up his hair dryer, but I don't think any of us could have predicted the sheer scale of the fall from grace and in such a short timeline.

That club had the likes of Roy Keane, Cantona etc. Born winners. Yet now they are a disjointed collection of directionless egos and their fans are scraping around in the shit hoping their despised local rivals can do them a favour in thwarting Liverpool. Ferguson's legacy is decaying right in front of his very eyes and turning to dust.

They don’t see it that way though, they see it as very much maintaining his legacy. It’s not about them, it never was, that is as clear as day now. It’s about us and always has been.  As long as we don’t win they think Mr Ferguson’s legacy is intact. 

They’re not fussed about being on the perch, and they don’t care who is as long as it’s not us.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3661 on: April 25, 2019, 11:00:18 am »
Ferguson's legacy is decaying right in front of his very eyes and turning to dust.
His legacy is a big part of the cause.
He didn't fight the owners, he embraced them.
He didn't build a sustainable structure within the club, he made himself the king of his own fiefdom.
He didn't leave a hungry, young squad with room to grow and develop.
He left a squad of aging players on huge contracts because he sacrificed the future of the club to the alter of his last couple of titles.
He didn't leave a style of play because he never really had one in the first place - he was always happy to leave the tactical details to his assistants.

That assessment is obviously harsh - I mean clearly the man had unprecedented success and enabled the club to develop from a big club to an absolute behemoth.
But what he left in terms of structure, playing staff and footballing culture for his successors was toxic. Compare and contrast to Mainz and Dortmund pre and post-Klopp.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3662 on: April 25, 2019, 11:03:27 am »
De Gea fucked up and lost the game almost on his own in my opinion.  As bad as ManU were they were surprisingly solid defensively and on another night that's a 0-0.  In looking at 3 different xG models none of them have ManC above 1.0, both Infogol and Understat have it .5 to .5 while Caley has ManC at .9.

They just had fuck all in going forward so once the first goal went in that was pretty much it.
And the Caley model doesn't take in that cross which almost dropped to Lingard. They had some very promising situations on the break, they just didn't make anything of them. And while City had a great chance through Sterling, the ones they scored off really weren't particularly high probability shots at all. Yes, the defending wasn't great for either, particularly the second was awful with two CBs getting sucked to the runner and leaving Sane totally free, but at the end of the day if De Gea had played as well as he can do then it ends 0-0, no question. City really didn't create that much at all, and they were lucky to get two goals from the quality of the 5 shots on target they did have.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.